Old 04-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #166  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

good afternoon ladies.

i hope you all are having a great day! i have so much energy today (but that could be the coffee protein shake i had for breakfast)... and my cats think i'm nuts for singing and dancing around the house to lady gaga (my typical way to expend energy when home alone)

lunch is coming up, and i'm gonna use the leftover shredded bbq chicken to make a wrap with cheese and onions. yum! can't decide what to make for dinner yet. probably somethin the hubby likes a lot. like kielbasa and potatoes.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Yesterday was a healthy food day. My plan did take a couple of twists and turns when DH wanted to go out to eat - but, then we ended up not going. Anyway - I was within my plan despite all the changes. DH got Jr. Frosty's for the little neighbors and didn't get one for me (yay) and it never came in the house. I think my 'enabler' comment really made him listen - Oh, I know it did. He left me a message the other day calling himself 'your dear enabler'. Now it's kind of a jolke - but, it's OK with me.

We usually hide the eggs for our little neighbors for them to find after church on Easter Sunday. DH said he would take care of filling them. Thanks, honey!

Some credits for yesterday:
planned/measured/logged food
no seconds
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
left one bite at every meal/snack
tried to eat slower
posted here
weighed - down

This morning I was down 1.5 pounds. Tomorrow will be seven weeks since my two surgeries. I gave myself 'that time' before changing my ticker one way or the other. Today I am 204... so we will see what tomorrow brings. I will change it up or down or none (if necessary) tomorrow

thistoo: I am doing a 'one legged' happy dance for you!!

I've got to scoot. I'll try and get back for personals. Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-03-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #168  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all
I'm back from a short trip with the husband. My goal was to eat on plan as much as possible and get lots of activity (walking) in so that the small splurges didn't affect me much. I did really well with food, except for a planned cupcake snack and french toast breakfast, but I did drink quite a bit both nights I was gone so that will probably bite me in the butt later this week. (Mostly wine, which is better than stuff like daiquiris or margaritas, but still!) My goal is to be back to 213 by next Sunday (I haven't been able to weigh since Sunday am and assume that I am up!)
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #169  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies
Day 1 of meetings went well. I over planned in the food department so I'm significantly under points right now. I may need to have an ice cream sandwich later.

I'm so thrilled to see all the progress in the group! I'm posting on my phone so personals are out of the question but I'm doing the happy dance for all who have lost and doing some extra for those stalled a bit in results or motivation. I'm really blessed to have found this group, you guys really help keep me focused. I'm not freaking out that my progress is slow, because as frustrating as it can be some days I know that if I keep doing it the results will eventually follow.

Have a fantastic evening, all!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! WI was yesterday and I had a loss for the week.

This week is crazy at work - I work for a church - so planning my WW points is necessary. I thought I did ok, but when I got home I still had half my daily allotment left. I guess it's snack night tonight

Hope everyone else is doing well!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #171  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Beverly, you're getting back on track and that's what matters. Soon your ticker will be going back down and this will all be behind you.

Heather, it sounds like you did really well, considering! My plans for my NYC trip next month are about the same as yours; wine will be my biggest indulgence, but I have a few off-plan foods worked in as well.

The more important question for you is: How was your trip?

Sue, glad to hear the meetings are going well so far. I don't envy you or texscrapper your busy weeks! I'm glad to hear you've both got plans that are working for you. And I am always in favor of snacks!

This morning I'm down to 195.6, and my back yard is finally under control. It was a mess and I'm just as glad the neighbors weren't home to judge me (though they certainly had every right, having to look at that mess for two weeks) but I probably shouldn't have tackled it on a fast day. I was trying to stay ahead of the rain so I didn't eat first. Normally I work out at lunch time on fast days, but yesterday it was about hour 22 before I got started and my yard is one big hill, so it's a bit of a workout even when it's not overgrown.

Anyway, I was pretty nauseous afterwards, so I spent my evening rehydrating. After I ate some carbs I felt okay. Never weak or anything, just kind of sick to my stomach. I slacked on the water yesterday in favor of too much caffeine (which then kept me up all night) so it's my own fault.

And now that I have written a novel for your perusal, I better shut up and go get ready for work. It's my last work day of the week and I'm going in late. I am the consummate slacker.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-04-2012 at 08:29 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #172  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Glad to hear some good progress by everyone. Caroline, it seems like you finally made it past the 200 mark and now you are shedding the pounds! Way to go!

I went to spin this morning. It was a struggle, but I really do like doing it. Getting up early is so hard, but so worth it. I didn't do great yesterday, but today will be better since I started on the right track.

Better go.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #173  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

First weigh in after the trip and I'm up to 216.2. Luckily, I know this is mostly water weight and will be extra good the rest of the week and drink plenty to get rid of it. I KNOW I didn't drink and eat that much. MAYBE 1/2 a pound worth

Caroline--it was great, thanks for asking We went to Chicago and just hung out like locals, didn't do anything touristy. (In fact, I think we did too well at doing the local thing--got asked for directions a number of times and various other things that made me think people thought we were locals. LOL!) I DID go to the huge Old Navy in the Loop and got some size large stuff, which thrilled me beyond belief. Thank you vanity sizing!!

Happy Wednesday people!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #174  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
I went to spin this morning. It was a struggle, but I really do like doing it. Getting up early is so hard, but so worth it. I didn't do great yesterday, but today will be better since I started on the right track.
Yay you for going! Spin is no joke, that's for sure, but it'll get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathermichigan View Post
Caroline--it was great, thanks for asking We went to Chicago and just hung out like locals, didn't do anything touristy. (In fact, I think we did too well at doing the local thing--got asked for directions a number of times and various other things that made me think people thought we were locals. LOL!)
I'm glad you had a great time! And I swear, the highlight of my last trip to NYC was the morning I was wandering around midtown alone and a cute boy asked me for directions. I pretended I knew what I was talking about and crossed my fingers I wasn't sending him the wrong way.

Yay for smaller sizes too, vanity or not. You'll get that vacation weight off in no time at all.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #175  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

I survived day 2! I'm so happy the bulk of this week is behind me. I got roped into group lunch today but made good choices given the options. I'll be able to have a normal dinner tonight and end the day OP. I get my lunch hour back starting tomorrow so it's back to walking - I actually miss it!

The scale is being stubborn again, but my pants aren't fitting so well anymore. I have a 3 day weekend coming so I can take some time to paw through my closet and see what's back there that I haven't worn in a while.

Congrats, everyone on some fabulous wins (and losses!) Together we can...
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #176  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Heather - I've always wanted to see Chicago. How fun!

Mahtha - Gotta hate stubborn scales.

Well, I went to Body Pump this morning. It was brutal for some reason. The squats and lunges were killer for me. I'm glad I went, though. I almost gave myself the option of not going this morning. I hate it when I do that. It needs to be mandatory!! Ha!

Have a good one everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #177  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BeverlyJoy ~ congrats on that 1.5 lbs and strategy victories! Yes, keeping at it, does pay off -- you are almost at your ticker low; oops, you ARE below your ticker low now ...

Congrats to all those who are sticking to plan and doin' all that exercise; and yes, all that yardwork too -- WOW!

Eating has been good; finding my groove, I think. I have been eating whenever I'm hungry, plus I decided to eat my dinner at 5 p.m. and it has been working out great. As I mentioned before, I would get really hungry at 11 am and 5 pm -- the snack strategy works at 11 am but not 5 pm, so this week we are eating dinner then and it is helping a lot. I have a small planned snack in the evening instead (last night was cheddar cheese & baby carrots & tea).

Monday: pork chop; rice/barley mix; veggies
Tuesday: baked fish; corn; salad
Wednesday: penne pasta & veg/meat sauce; green beans

It is still very cool outside today, but we have lovely -- luv it. Have a great OP day everyone ..

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-05-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #178  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I restarted my weight loss program on March 5. As of last night, I lost 11 of the 23 pounds I'd gained back since last summer. I hadn't thought of it this way yet but that means I'm about halfway back to my lowest point from last year. Can't wait to see where I am in another couple of months.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #179  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Bad headache for the past couple of days that just won't go away. I thought maybe it was the Wonderslim that I've been doing, but I've tried eating more carbs (and just more calories in general), and so far no improvement. I went to the doctor today and she thinks it's probably a tension headache and prescribed me some better headache meds. She also ordered some blood work to check for anemia, hypothyroidism, etc. It figures that when I'm trying to do something good for myself by losing weight, health problems will try and bring me down. :-/

Crippling headaches that make it very difficult to read and concentrate are NOT good for studying. I can't afford to have this time off from studying that's being forced on me. Med school doesn't allow for it!

Oh well, time to stop reading and typing. It's not helping matters by any means, but at the same time it feels good to vent.

Last edited by LindseyLouWho; 04-05-2012 at 04:34 PM.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #180  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone, this is perfect for me right now. I had lost 80 lbs and I regained al most 40 lbs of that before starting to turn it back around. I'm in a study, they weigh me there once a month, trying to just focus on health and will only weigh at my study as not to freak myself out or get frustrated. I know I Feel better eating proper so I'm not going to sweat the scale right now.

Anyhow, hello!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote