Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #151  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Mandy, I wish you well. Let us know how it's going.

I'm down to another 1.2 to 197 this morning, after another 24-hour fast. I feel pretty good, despite the fact that it's foggy and sort of cold outside. I should be getting ready for church, but instead I'm still on the couch in my pajamas drinking coffee. Totally okay with that!

I do have to hit the grocery store at some point today. If the weather clears up I will try to tackle my (very large, very overgrown) back yard with the lawn mower, but either way I will get in plenty of exercise today.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #152  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

JW2bhealthy- Thank you for the warm welcome. It feels good to be back here on the forums. I used to check in here daily and I think that is part of what was motivating me so much.

Mandy- That plan sounds like something you will be able to do for life, not just something you struggle through to drop weight. I think you will do great on it.

Thistoo- I hope you have fun in your back yard! We just moved into our house and our back yard is all thistle and pokey stuff So we are trying to figure out how to actually have grass back there! I too was supposed to make it to church, but I woke up late and took too much time drinking my yummy coffee so I'm gonna make it to the later service.

I'm doing day one of Insanity today which is the fit test. It's a shorter workout but it is still quite INSANE. Wish me luck! Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #153  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I have fabulous news today, ladies (and MANDY, you want to hear this, for sure) ...

This winter I "upped" my calories to 1800-2000 cap as you know. Previously, I had went down to 1250-1500 after a long plateau, but I was way too hungry, so then I upped it to 1500-1600. Still had a very slow loss -- only a lb here & there, so I upped it again to 1800-2000. This winter, I also started cycling my calories and low & behold -- I have started to lose weight again ... more than I have in a long, long while. So, whoohoo, for that!!!

The dietician at our hosptial weighed me last fall for my colonoscopy prep, and since then I am down 23 lbs -- BUT, I know about 10 of that was water & clothes becuz she weighed me in the late afternoon with my clothes, boots, and vest on. I have this 5-10 lb water fluctuation going on still; I still retain water in my legs over the day.

Anyhow, compared to my last lowest weight, I am down at least 10 lbs over the winter; this is my lowest weight in 20 years!

Like CAROLINE, I will weigh myself for the next two days also, to make sure it isn't a fluke (becuz the last time I went back up 4 lbs in water weight, and got stuck there) ... although, I did continue to lose inches and sizes -- which are still good NSV's.

I won't change my stats in my signature until I have checked it for 3 days running, but I am so happy to have lost "about" 2 lbs per month over the winter. So, all that cycling calories, dancing, hand-weights, toning exercises (which I increased), and upping calories on those hungry days, have paid off ...

bbl, my DH needs help to find some sugar for his coffee ... I'm back; found it!

MANDY ~ I eat peanut butter, full-fat cheese, UNsalted nuts, and even pizza on occasion -- and I am still losing weight & inches & sizes as you have just read. I do measure them though. PB by the tsp or tbl; cheese in pre-cut sizes or cut it into the size of my thumb (about 15 grams); UNsalted nuts counted out; and pizza by the slice (usually 1 slice from the take-out or 2 slices home baked thin crust, with salad). Most of the time, I make my own PITA PIZZAS, which are lower cals too (under 400 with lots of veggies).

Good luck with your new plan strategies; let us know how it goes for you ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-03-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

WTG ladies!

I truly believe in the eat more, lose more when exercising philosophy - I've seen it work. Excited to see what your progress is!

This will be a tough week for me - I'll be working 60+ hours, so food balancing will be a challenge. I'll put my mind to it and manage it though!

Good luck this week everyone!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #155  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

thank you guys for not thinking i'm completely crazy for doing this. or at least, if you think i'm crazy for doing this, not telling me you think i'm crazy

i did my weigh in and measurements this morning. for the month of march i gained 1 pound and lost 1 inch over all. boo.

day one has resulted in joy about my plan. i may have cried over my whole eggs with real cheese and peanut butter toast. it has also resulted in a major loss of stress. eating more means worrying less. and i love it.

rosebud - i'm glad you had success with it and if you are ever curious about my progress, the blog i am writing to journal it is linked in my sig.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #156  
Caroline

Good morning, all you lovely relosers. I am down another 8 ounces this morning to 196.2, something I'm wicked super excited about. Just two more pounds and I'll be closer to 180 than I am to 190! I'm looking forward to it.

I did not get my back yard wrangled yesterday, so I have that to look forward to Tuesday after work. Instead yesterday I did some Insanity in solidarity with Eve. Man, I hate globe squats. But hey, if it results in an eight ounce loss overnight, I will keep doing globe squats.

texscrapper, good luck with your long week. That does sound awfully stressful. I am not going to complain about working Saturdays anymore!

Have a great Monday, everyone. Keep going! We've got this.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-02-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #157  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning, everyone

Congrats Caroline and Rosebud, All that hard work is paying off!

texscrapper, That schedule has got to be tough on your planning. Best wishes for a good week.

EveLHaelf, welcome to the crew!

Beverlyjoy, what a wonderful friend you have! That sounds like a glorious day in the weeds. I'm happy to hear your ankle is feeling better.

I had a productive weekend and stayed OP with my food, but housework and errands and graduation dress shopping with D17 got in the way of any serious exercise. D21 will be home this week for Easter break which makes me . Now if only we could get the rest of the gang in the same place at the same time... (DH will be home in 11 days and there will be 3 weeks before his next trip. Yippeeee)

It's a busy, busy week here with large group training meetings. I'm opting out of as many meals as possible because the pastries and sandwiches and pizza and such just don't fit into my plans. I'l be sneaking off to my desk to eat a salad and will be sure to have some healthy snacks handy.

I hope everyone has a great week.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #158  
Rosebud

THANKS, LADIES ~ well, I checked my weight again this AM -- and it's even better than yesterday -- down another 1.5 lbs, but will check one more day, as I'm sure 3 days will be good. Today, I weighed myself with my nightie & socks on too!

Yahoo, baby! I love these little dancing guys ...

Can you tell I'm excited ~ it's sure a long time in coming -- and I am sneaking up on that 100 lbs. If I keep doing well, I will see that before summer, I hope; but we won't jinx it ...

Just popped in to share the good news; better go eat my breakfast -- I'm a bit late today ...

MANDY ~ will be watching your blog, for sure ...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hello relosers - I am so happy to be able to say that yesterday was a healthy food day. That five pound gain in a day was gone this morning -YAY. I think it was a combination of salt, medication and extra food. Somehow... it's given me the willingness try and do the things that I know will work and are helpful.

Yesterday I planned/measured/logged food, weighed, did my stretches & strengthening exericise, lots of water, & tried to eat slower.

My foot/ankle is hurting again (I was back in the garden and did way too much)... - I stopped taking the strong nsaid yesterday - but, I do need it today - I can't get by with arthritis tylenol . If I gain the weight again I'll know where it came from. I will also use ice and rest. I must stay out of the garden for the next few days.

Mahtha
- how joyful to have family coming together. Good job on staying OP. You get high five for planning ahead with salads, etc - during your meetings, etc.

texscraper - yes, you have a challenging week ahead. You have a GREAT attitude. Remember to plan, plan, and plan some more.

thistoo - I am doing a happy dance in honor of you being in onederland!! Glad to see another .8 pound gone too. (that's three sticks of butter, ya know.) Carry on!

justwant2bhealthy - I am so, so glad that you are losing well again. Yes, we have to find out what works at different times. I don't know if you've had a colonoscopy or not - procedure is easy. However, when you do the 'prep' this is no time to buy the cheap toilet paper. LOL

evilhaelf - Welcome!! Folks here are so supportive, friendly & wise.

konfeysed - sorry about your stall. (Love the kitty photo) I don't think your plan is nutty. Dr. Oz was recently talking about eating more and then going back to eating less as a jumpstart to your metabolism. Keep us posted.

As always, I thank you all for your support, kindness and wisdom.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #160  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I am way far behind on reading this thread. I went back to read, but too many comments to put down right now. I'm glad that so many are having success. I am not, but I have not been on track for a couple of weeks, so I'm not blaming anything or anyone, or complaining (well, maybe a little...). I'm healthy again, no more cold, no company, so I went back to Spin today. Yes it hurt, but it will be good again. I went up in weight, but I'm being accountable and putting it on my ticker. I am planned out for the week to be good with food, so I hope to have it going down again soon.

Just fessing up!!

Have a great week everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #161  
Caroline

Sue, good luck with the meetings! Your plan of attack for food pitfalls sounds terrific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
THANKS, LADIES ~ well, I checked my weight again this AM -- and it's even better than yesterday -- down another 1.5 lbs, but will check one more day, as I'm sure 3 days will be good. Today, I weighed myself with my nightie & socks on too!
Woohoo! Go you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
I am doing a happy dance in honor of you being in onederland!!
Thanks! Just don't hurt your ankle again! Seriously, I hope your foot feels better soon. Be sure to give it lots of rest today. And WTG staying on plan yesterday! For me getting through that first day always makes it a little easier to get through another, then another. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have another great day today.

Diane, sorry to hear about your setback, we can all relate to the frustration! But we're here if you need to vent. You can get back on the wagon and turn it around in no time.

I should be working, so obviously I am hanging around here instead. Back to boring paperwork, I suppose.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #162  
Rosebud

Thanks ladies, so it's official -- weighed again this AM and it's exactly the same as yesterday! So now, I will go change the stats in my signature ... yahoo! I get another dragonfly too! (that's me in the middle)

Caroline ~ congrats on the continued losses ...

BeverlyJoy ~ congrats on staying OP and exercise, etc ...

To everyone else ~ just keep chuggling along; you'll get there ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-03-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #163  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi all. I'm feeling pretty bummed out today. I'm ready to jump back in and get to losing, and I broke a toe last week.

So walking is hard, and running's been impossible for the last 10 days or so. To top it off, I wasn't good about eating right.. so I undid a bunch of the effort I made at the end of March. Boo.

Anyway, back on the horse, right? Tomorrow I am reinstituting my afternoon constitutional with a coworker, and Thursday I'm checking out my new trainer at my new gym. And Sunday, I will be joining my running club for the first time since I organized it.

Just a month until my first 5K.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #164  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Thanks ladies, so it's official -- weighed again this AM and it's exactly the same as yesterday!
Yay you! That's great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhdy View Post
Hi all. I'm feeling pretty bummed out today. I'm ready to jump back in and get to losing, and I broke a toe last week.
Aw, I'm sorry about your toe and your setback. Good for you for getting back on the horse, though. And WTG on organizing a running group!

I'm holding steady this morning, which makes me very happy. Today's a fasting day for me, but I'm not sure how long I'm going to make it. I'm pretty hungry. I am also going to try to sneak out of work a little early and go home to wrangle my back yard into submission before my neighbors get home to witness it but I have a last minute meeting at 2:00, so I don't know how feasible that is. Time will tell!

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #165  
Rosebud

Knobhdy ~ glad you joined us; just remember all you have accomplished so far. You can always walk with your running club until your toe heals. Hope you are feeling better soon ...

Thanks, Caroline ~ have fun spiffing up your yard; that's great exercise too ...

Oh, BeverlyJoy ~ I already had the colonoscopy last fall; it went OK, just the nurses had a heck of a time getting my vein (they are so small) ... ouch! Doc took out two polyps & I made it through. For the fast: I had 1 cup chicken broth + 1 cup jello for the 3 meals; then pure juice, pop, and water in between ... I did better on that than I thought I would. That night, was able to have cream of mushroom soup for dinner: oh, it tasted like heaven ...

Have a great OP (on plan) day everyone!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-03-2012 at 10:39 AM.