Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #181  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Lottie ~ I don't obsess about the scale either -- I have always preferred to watch my sizes & inches, plus other NSV's. I only weigh myself every 3-6 months becuz it works for me. The reason: I had hit some plateaus over & over; and this has helped me keep my mind in a positive place and keep going.

Sometimes, our body is still losing fat, but we just can't see it. A doctor told me once -- not to weigh more than every 3 weeks. I asked him why, and he said becuz most people will show a loss by then. Well, at that time, I did show a loss at every weigh-in.

Just do what you gotta do -- do whatever works for YOU!

LinseyLou ~ hope you feel better real soon ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-05-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #182  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Welcome, Lottie! And hello to everyone else.

I had the day off today, so after I dropped my cowboy boots off at the cobbler to be re-heeled I stopped in at the popular tattoo parlor in town for my 'Yay me I got back into onederland' present. Normally my sister and I lift weights on Thursday nights, but I got her to switch to last night so I wouldn't have an open wound on my arm while we lifted.

This morning I started running again, which I HATE, but it's really the best way for me to reshape my lower half, so I did it anyway. We have a lot of killer hills in this part of the country too, so walk/running outside is always a challenge. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but it felt good to do it without feeling like I was going to die.

I hope everyone had a good Thursday! Easter weekend isn't a food fest for me like it is for most people; my sister and her kids go to her in-laws', and I'm not invited. Fine with me; it's a lot easier to stick to my diet that way.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am having a healthful day today. I am feeling very stressed as a good friend of DH's (his best friend from high school and they are still good friends) had a heart attack and is having open heart surgery as I type this. DH is home on a day off - he's scooted over to the hospital to sit with our DF's wife. The first thing I wanted to do was eat!! You know... any emotion makes me think of food. But - I have shouted back at those sabatoging thoughts for now. I keep saying that eating and food is NOT an emergency... it does not fix cravings, desire, emotions, fatigue or illness. It just does NOT fix them. Please send your positive thoughts to our friend, Brad.

Today I planned/measured/logged food, had no seconds, always left a bite, lots of water, journalling etc.

Hope you've had a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-05-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #184  

Hi relosers... our friend came through his surgery well & I did NOT overeat about it. So grateful for the willingness to push through the 'need' to eat. It was strictly emotional reasons for wanting to eat.

Actually yesterday was a healthy food day. I am grateful for that. I fulfilled many of my goals:
no second helpings
lots of water
always left a bite of food on my plate
used my resistance techniques to NOT eat when emotional
a few deep breaths before each meal to center myself
weighed
planned/measured food/logged

I have been thinking about ways and stratagy's to make it through this weekend with food sanity and within my plan. For me - I must plan, plan and plan some more.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #185  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Congratulations Beverly. It sounds like you did exactly the right things for you and your friend. Great to hear he is doing well, too.

I really tested the limits of my broken toe yesterday. I got slammed at work (lunch ended up being a lean cuisine I had stashed in the freezer for emergencies), and I didn't get out for the constitutional until 4pm. I got back to my desk at 4:40 just in time to see a message from my workout buddy letting me know he was already at the gym.

I hustled over there, and we had a great workout with a new trainer. But my toe was constantly reminding me that it was broken. Certainly puts a damper in my 5K training I had scheduled this weekend.

I'll be walking for another week at least. But walking is better than nothing.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #186  
Rosebud

BeverlyJoy ~ so glad that BRAD came through the surgery well; sending up ^prayers^ for a full recovery too. Congrats on holding off the emotional-response eatng as well.

Caroline ~ we just have a nice dinner on Monday: this year, it's Ham and Potato-veggie scallop on the side. Couldn't find a small peanut butter egg this year ... oh well, didn't really need it anyways!

Knobydy ~ walking is still a very good exercise; highly rated and recommended by almost everyone ...

Have a wonderful EASTER weekend, everyone ...
Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #187  

Hi.. back for a few personals before company comes. Today is going well.. am grateful for that.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts for our friend who just had the heart surgery.

knobhdy - wow - what a day. Hope your toe feels better soon. Some days are crazy. Credit for keeping it good with your food and exercise.

Justwant2bhealthy - thanks for the easter greetings. I like your approach of making sure to celebrate the NSV's too!

thistoo - what tatoo did you get. Hooray for running - even when you don't like it. Carry on!

Hi Lottie! - so good to you your post! I hope your study goes well!

lindsaylouwho - gosh , hope you feel better soon. Headaches can be so rough. Take care now.

Elladorine - congrats on your great loss!

slash - good for you - pushing through to go and do your exercise!

mahtha - well done with your good choices - these impromptu things can be tough. What a great NSV - looking in the back of the closet!!

heathermichigan - yes, very often it's water weight after a trip. It's always nice to be home in your 'food comfort zone.

Have a great weekend folks.

As always, thanks for your support, wisdom and kindness.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #188  
Rosebud

Boy, it's quiet in here today; but I know everyone is super busy this weekend. We had guests last week, but just a quiet weekend for us becuz we don't go too big on this holiday either.

Eating has been good this week and weekend as well. Wednesday had pasta with homemade meat & veggie sauce (heavy on the veggies) plus green beans. Thursday had leftovers. Friday had chicken patties & onions plus coleslaw & sliced tomatoes. Tonight we had roasted chicken (breast for me), a small new potato & mixed veggies. All very good.

Think I'll do some reading tonight. Have a Super Serene Easter Sunday everybody ...
Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #189  

Hi! Checking in. Company is gone... time to put. my feet up for a few minutes. We had a good visit with family. Didn't get to see my son, dil & gs as they are expecting a baby any day now. (due date April 15) Other family came. My SIL was bringing one pie and she brought three pies. I will have to give or throw them away. I have not made all the best choices - however, it doesn't mean that I must make unplanned choices for a week.

I hope that you all have had a nice weekend.

DH & I hid Easter eggs in two yards of the neighbors. They youngsters are so joyful to find them. Love it. DH and his 'offer' to fill the eggs didn't come true. He got the candy and gave it to me and went to see his friend in the hospital for a quick hello. I was left filling the eggs with candy, coins, stickers to get ready to hide by a certain time. So much for him doing it so I wouldn't have to deal with the candy. Phooey.

I will check in later. Take care, now.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #190  
Caroline

Hi guys. Beverly, I got the Eiffel Tower tattooed on my forearm. It's my third piece, but I always forget how sore it will be after the work is done. I don't mind the pain of getting the actual tattoo so much, but the soreness afterwards is worse for me. Though it's a big old open wound, so I suppose that's to be expected.

Anyway, it's been interfering with my ability to type, since I put it on my forearm, so I haven't been very active here this weekend.

Rosebud, it's been a quiet day around here too; I went to church with my sister and her kids, then I went grocery shopping and mowed the lawn. Now I'm going to do my cooking for the week, and that's about it. I'm planning to make a big pot of chicken and coconut flour dumplings. The chicken thighs are in the crockpot pre-cooking right now.

I hope you all have had a nice weekend! Mine was very relaxing, although as usual I didn't get nearly enough done. I did the stuff I wanted to do, but not the stuff I should have been doing. Someday I will grow up and learn to be a responsible adult! Someday.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-09-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #191  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Easter everyone.
I was REALLY naughty last night and today. I spent time with family and they had Easter candy EVERYWHERE. Need I say more? Sigh.
I am going to go hard core this week and really get back on track. I WILL reach Onederland by Memorial Day!!!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone !

Well, my insane work week is over - I ended up working 70+ hours from Sunday to Sunday and I am exhausted. I do have this week off, so my main focus will be to get back to tracking! Somehow I managed to lose 2 pounds, but I think this was more from all of the exercise that I did vs the food choices I made.

Anyway, hope that you all have an amazing POP day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #193  
Caroline

Ouch, Heather, sorry to hear about the Easter candy. I would have failed if I'd been surrounded too. As it is there's a bunch of Easter candy in the office at work, but I'm just staying out of there until it goes away.

Texscrapper, glad you survived Holy Week! And with a loss, even; that's fantastic!

I am having the worst time breaking the 195 barrier. I know I had a huge loss last week so I can't expect much this week, but if I could just get down a pound I'd be thrilled. I think I've lost all of four ounces since last Wednesday. Less than auspicious, but I think my calories have been a little high, so it's my own fault. I'm trying to get back on track this week. I've been doing some running intervals too, so that should help.

Have a great Monday, everyone. Mine is going to be busy.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-09-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #194  

TGIMonday! Glad the huge temptations are gone. I've given away most of the food. Soon the extra pie will be trashed. (DH said he'd take it to the neighbor.. he didn't, so in the trash it goes with a good squirt of liquid dish soap.) It's better in the trash than me.

I have my journal and will plan out a healthy food day.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

If you ate extra over the weekend... well, that's over and done. You must forgive yourself and hop right back on your plan.

Have a GREAT day.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #195  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone I've missed you! Just a quick update and hopefully I'll have more time to pop in later today and catch up with everyone.

I had a nice weekend with the girls home but it's back to the routines again. I made good food choices but my exercise was pretty much non-existant. My fridge died Thursday night so I thought that was going to throw my menu planning into a tailspin, but the local appliance store was able to deliver a new one on Friday afternoon so I could grocery shop and keep on track.

D21 is now following my WW plan so that made things much easier - the challenge comes when DH gets home at the end of the week and we're in celebration mode. I'm planning, planning, planning.

The scale still isn't moving, but I know it will sooner or later. I'm really hoping to hit the -20 pound mark this week, (restarted February 1) but what will be will be. Eventually, I'll get there if I continue to make good choices.

Have a day, everyone!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote