Old 04-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #196  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Just a quick flyby. We were approved for the apartment! YAY! been soooo busy packing and getting things ready, we move in Friday and sign the lease tomorrow *YIKES!*plus homework i'm running round like a chicken with it's head cutoff. Weights gone up, I think its because of sodium and munchies and things. I have been over cals more times than I like to admit this week because of bieng out and about and eating fast food :\ I'm hoping a lot of it is cause of stress though because I gained 4 lbs overnight and it was not because of my sodium. Hopefully once we get moved in and are able to destress my weight will drop :\ Sorry I have been MIA and not able to do personals. I am gonna be MIA for a bit again cause we won't have internet right when we move in Keep up the good work all!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #197  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Hello again everyone!

A happy and blessed Easter to all. From now on I'm resolved to check in here MUCH more often. How'm I going to do this without you all cheering me on?

Well things aren't going too well with me in general I started a new job in September (teaching) and it's been SUCH a tough year so far. Really really really. The stress has made me ill, any thought (let alone action) of exercise went out the window, and my weight went right up. Just a few weeks ago I was waylaid by the flu. Nasty.

Anyway - when work's all stressful and my flat is a mess and all that...you control what you can, right? So today - as in just now - I went running

It's a kind of c25k programme, I use podcasts on my ipod. Before I used Podrunner, but this time I wanted something different so I chose 5k101. It seems a bit more intense, but I figure if it's too much too soon, I'll switch to something easier. But I need to do SOMETHING!

Anyway, it was dark still and raining out, but that wasn't a problem. Early in the morning too, which is my preferred time. I'm so chuffed with myself

I hope you're all doing well. As time goes on I hope to do personals too; bit on the shy side is all
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #198  

Height: 5'7"

I havent been checking in enough..sorry
I went to the dr last week and she added in a water pill and told me to do 1200 calories a day for a month and see if i could lose. I am thrilled to report I have lost over 8lbs in a week. I know alot of it was water weight. But still that is weight my body was dragging around that it didnt need.
I think 1200 calories is a bit low for me but if it will help get me jump started to losing again its worth it!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi Salsa chip! Nice to meet you - WTG on the running

dgrannie - AWESOME on the loss - even WW counts! By the way, what is a water pill - I don't think I've ever heard of that.

Yesterday was great for me. I spent the day doing absolutely nothing which is just what I needed after a LOOONNGGG work week last week Heading in today for a staff meeting, and then off for the rest of the week. I'm catching up on laundry and house cleaning, ad taking some time to do a few craft projects.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #200  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Good morning everyone

SMSDREAMER2007, Congrats on the new apartment. May you build lots of happy memories there.

salsa chip, Welcome back! Checking in here really makes a big difference for me. Good, bad or ugly I have to face it Congrats on the run. I'm finding it really had to get exercise into my routine. I get on a roll, then something blows it up and I have to drag myself kicking and screaming to start again. The ironic thing is that I really do enjoy it...

dgramie, Congrats on the BIG loss! That's got to be a great motivator to keep going.

texscrapper, I'm happy to hear you can take a little time for yourself after that crazy week you had!

I got home last night to find our long-awaited firewood delivery so I stacked almost a cord of wood before I made dinner. My back is reminding me this morning that this may not have been my brightest idea in a while. Oh well, the firepit is ready to go for the season and that makes me VERY happy since it's become a great gathering spot for everyone. Now to keep the wine consumption and s'mores in check...

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Last edited by mahtha; 04-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #201  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Welcome back Salsa!

texscrapper, enjoy your vacation time. You have seriously earned it!

Sue, I hope your back isn't too sore! Wine and smores might be my favorite thing ever, so lucky I can't invite myself over to your place. Though my sister is putting in a firepit along with her new pool. Perhaps wearing a bathing suit will help keep me out of the smores.

I weighed in at 194.6 this morning. I'm arbitrarily super excited to be closer to 190 than I am to 200. I'm fasting today, so hopefully tomorrow it will be down a little more. If I can make it solidly to 194, I'll have lost another 1.8 pounds this week. On top of last week's 4.5 pound loss that would be huge, but TOM is looming so I am all about maximizing my loss while I can.

This morning I did yoga and it was miserable, which means it's good for me. At lunch I'll go spend some quality time with the treadmill (possibly the elliptical if the treadmill at my tiny ghetto gym is still broken.) I still don't love running, but I'm doing it. Why is it that all the exercises that *work* for me are the ones I hate? What's up with that, universe?

Last edited by thistoo; 04-10-2012 at 11:36 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #202  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey all

i hope you all have been doing well! it's been a busy week here for me and the hubby with all of the holy week stuff we were participating in. church life. i never thought i'd like it, but i really do! anyway, i did my measurements yesterday and i wanted to share! this is a little chunk from my blog:

Start Measurements:
Weight: 272
Neck: 16
Bust: 51
Waist: 45
Belly button: 49.5
Hips: 54
R. Bicep: 15.5
R. Thigh: 29
R. Calf: 18.5

Week 1 Results:
Weight: ? <- not gonna weigh until May 1
Neck: 16
Bust: 50.5 (-0.5)
Waist: 44 (-1.0)
Belly button: 49 (-0.5)
Hips: 53 (-1.0)
R. Bicep: 16.5 (+1.0)
R. Thigh: 28 (-1.0)
R. Calf: 18.5 (0)

Overall 3 inches gone!

So, over the last week I lost more inches than I did in ALL OF MARCH (one inch). Interesting. Even if I measured at a different spot (like on my thigh) I would have had to move the tape much higher up into jiggly thigh region (almost to my groin area) to get the 29 again, and nowhere around my hips measured 54, so I know something's moving!

I have not eaten below 2300 calories all week. It would have been 4 inches, but apparently my biceps/triceps are getting buff from all that lifting
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #203  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BEVERLYJOY ~ don't blame you about the pie; I have one piece and DH eats as much as he can. At Christmas I sent pie home with the guests which they gratefully received and that helps me.

SMSDREAMER ~ congrats on the new place; I'd bet that 4 lbs was just water as it is nigh impossible to gain 4 lbs of fat overnight. It will be gone soon enuff.

SUE ~ plan some tasty but healthy dishes for when your DH returns this weekend; he doesn't have to know it's good for him ... Oh dear, hope your back feels better soon.

Caroline ~ well, your down below 195; you are stilling losing pretty good, I think.

DGrammie ~ glad you found something that's working for you.

to everyone else too. And, to all those who indulged over the weeknd; that is all over now, this is a new week.

We had the rest of the Chicken with veggies on Sunday; Ham & Potato-veggie scallop (nps,.5 yam, carrots, onions, broccoli) on Monday. Tonight I had a chicken pattie with onions, beans & a salad. I have been a bit under my cals but not hungry since I changed things up a bit (adding in more protein and veggies).

We got lots done around here today since it was ***** heer today; but it has all melted and the is shining right now. We did all the floors today; I whizzed and DH washed. How did I get him to do that -- I'm paying him; no kidding ...

Have a great OP week everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #204  

texs- the water pill is a diuretic to help rid my body of extra fluid my body wasnt flushing out on its own. Its a common addition for people who suffer from high blood pressure. Lots of blood pressure meds have it made in but the one I was on didnt. Wish I didnt have to take blood pressure meds but for now I do!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Dgrannie - I understand Hopefully you will be off those meds soon! DH takes HBP meds and we are hoping that some weight loss will allieviate his need for them as well.

Just want2B- I can not even imagine snow right now - we are seeing 80 degree days here - Hope you are enjoying the cold!

konfyoozed - I can understand the busy-ness of Holy Week! I also work for a church as the Director of Children's Ministry. Certain times of the year are crazy busy but it is an amazing job and I feel blessed every day that I get to minister to children!

thistoo - WTG on the losses! I laughed at your "I was miserable, so it was good for me" coment - I ofetn feel the say way when I am exercising!

mahtha - You'll have to find a "healthy" s'more's version Let us know if you come up with one!

As for me, I am having a pretty good week. I worked yesterday and did have a small piece of birthday cake, but it's ok. It was within my WW allowance so I'm good

I have been trying several different new foods - some with good results and some not so great. The good: Reduced fat Jimmy Dean sausage, tilapia, portabello mushrooms, granola, Hillshire Farms Grilled Essentials Chicken Breasts

The not so good (or I am not using it right )
Wonton wrappers - No seasoning to me - I just may need to find a better way to cook them
Plain Greek Yogurt - YUCK! - I ate this last night with some granola and strawberries - It was so sour. I bought it for a recipe - I hope it works out ok though!
Eggplant - who was I kidding

So whatare some of your great "new to you" food finds, and what are some fails?

Last edited by texscrapper; 04-11-2012 at 08:39 AM.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #206  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

texscrapper, the exercise I enjoy never helps me lose weight. More's the pity. I figure the pain means I'm using muscles that need to be worked out, so I suffer through it.

Eggplant! I love eggplant. Unfortunately it is best fried, but I have learned to love it without the oil and bread crumbs. I have also learned to love Brussels sprouts. I still don't love mushrooms, though, so more power to you with trying new stuff.

I weighed in this morning at 193.4. 193.4, you guys. That is another 2.2 lb loss for the week. Somehow I have managed to lose nearly seven pounds in two weeks. That has never, ever happened before, even at the very beginning of a diet. And I haven't even been 100% perfect. TOM is looming so it's going to slow down, but I'm more motivated than ever to stay OP and get as close to 180 as I can before I leave for NYC.

Mainly because I want a cushion between me and 200, since I am going to go off plan while I'm on vacation and probably gain a couple pounds. Not that most noble motivation, but at least I'm being realistic. After I get back from New York I'll be right back on track and working to meet my birthday goal of 165.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone. It's cooled down some here, but it's sunny and beautiful, so I'll take it.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-11-2012 at 08:48 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #207  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I posted in pt 1 of this thread but need to post more often. I started exercising more at the gym and home. I count calories and need to do a better job with planning and better food choices. I got back up into the 250's recently. So now I'm in a hurry to get out of the 240's. I worked out with a personal trainer for six month's. But when I stopped, I started overeating and not exercising. I gained 20 Lbs back. I'm tired of gaining and losing the same pounds. My goal is to get into Onderland this year. I probably won't reach my goal weight of 140 this year. Good Luck, Everyone!

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #208  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
I weighed in this morning at 193.4. 193.4, you guys. That is another 2.2 lb loss for the week. Somehow I have managed to lose nearly seven pounds in two weeks. That has never, ever happened before, even at the very beginning of a diet. And I haven't even been 100% perfect. TOM is looming so it's going to slow down, but I'm more motivated than ever to stay OP and get as close to 180 as I can before I leave for NYC.
WOO HOO FOR YOU! You've worked really hard for this, be proud, sistah!

I'm still plugging along. Was hoping for a drop this week but managed to show a gain this morning despite being under points almost every day. I know it's not a real gain, but still discouraging. I feel crappy in general this week so the disappointment is magnified. I'm hoping I'm not getting the stomach bug D17 had earlier this week, but heck, that might help me lose a couple pounds I'm obsessed with hitting that 20 pound mark and I want it NOW. <sigh>
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #209  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, it has been awhile since I posted. Not much to say weight wise. I didn't weigh this week and I've been having to go into work early, so no workout. I'll get back to it tomorrow though.

Just really wanted to say hi to everyone. (Big shout out to Caroline!! Wow, you are doing great!)
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #210  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

CONGRATS, MANDY ~ I missed your post becuz we posted so close together. Wow, that's a big difference already; gotta love those NSV's for sure. Keep up the good work; and musculs are good ...

TEXSCRAPPER ~ I think you have to add sweetener to that greek yogurt to make it taste better. Kaplods adds chocolate instant pudding mix to hers; and chills it for a cheesecake type thing. You can try sugar-free jello or fruit drink granules too. I never have liked eggplant; tried it once, and was grossed out by it's mushy, glue-like gelanous properties, or was that the okra? I didn't like either; overcooked maybe ...

Congrats, CAROLINE ~ well, it's workin' for ya, and that's what matters most.

Well, the snow melted, but it is still a bit cool here. Tonight, we are having a pasta dish -- DH loves the creamy mac one with mushroom sauce & veggies; sounds like a plan ... yum!

to Diane, Sue, Dgrammie, VickieLou, BeverlyJoy, and everyone else too: keep on, keepin' on ladies ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote