Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #361  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm still eating well and still struggling with the scale. I'm not eating all my points each day, but I'm not hungry enough to eat more. <sigh> this was so much more straightforward last time I did it.

Got in workout #1 carrying the Gazelle up two flights of stairs. Workout #2 was 30 minutes in front of the tv. I have no idea what I'm going to do when hubby gets home from this trip and I have to move the machine out of the bedroom, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. In the meantime I can watch tv for an hour while huffing and puffing and not have to worry about the weather outside.

I don't have time for personals, but I 'll remind all of you that YOU INSPIRE ME and I'm very grateful for that.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hello gang! The baby is with daddy today (his day off) and I've just got the preschooler. Rare opportunity to get online as the preschooler is in the tub and that's directly across from my office. I can watch/hear him while I pop in!

Anyway, I'm still on plan. No time to post calories, menus, etc but I did want to share that after reading (and it may have been on this thread or another3FC thread) that someone lost weight by simply calculating how many calories they needed to eat to maintain their goal weight. Then they just ate that amount until they reached their goal weight. Then of course, they just continued to do that for maintenance.

I found a web page that helped you do that and it says if I want to maintain a 150# weight I would need to eat just over 1700 calories a day. Well, I can do that! I could live with that forever! So, instead of constantly tweaking the calories as I lose weight I'm just going to eat 1700 (because it's just too much effort to remember an odd number ) and see where it takes me. I realize at some point I many have to tweak that number but I'm good with that idea. And, I'm well aware that 150 will still put me in the overweight category but since I thought I looked pretty smoking hot at 183 I believe I will be very happy at 150. At my age I just don't have it in me to worry about some vanity pounds.

Anyway, he's done with his bath so while I'd like to give some shout outs....maybe next time!

Everyone is doing a great job!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #363  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

yesterday's migraine actually faded enough by the evening that i was able to make dinner. nothing fancy. shredded chicken breast with a little pasta sauce and parm, sauteed onion and green pepper (in olive oil - best smell ever), and 1/4c mozzarella cheese on a high fiber/low carb wrap (these are actually very soft and tasty and only 71 calories!) the whole wrap ended up being about 350 calories, and full of protein and fiber. i boiled some mini corn cobs to go with it. and dinner ended up being around 500 cals total. i even made it to work out last night! so proud of myself for that. i almost didn't, then i was like "eff it. tomorrow's weigh in, i need the workout"... so i took it easy and did a slowish walk with a little bit of an incline on the treadmill for 45 minutes (burned about 350 calories according to the machine) had a couple pieces of chocolate with some strawberries and went to bed.

i haven't gotten on the wii fit today, but my bathroom scale is showing me everything from 267.8 up to 273, so who the heck knows. my wii fit usually puts me at about 1.5-2lb higher, so i'm guessing no loss or possibly a gain this week. sadface.

but in other news, i have exercised for over 1200 minutes this month (that's 20 hours!)... and stayed on plan pretty much every day. only went off plan a few times not nearly enough to cause a fat gain, so any gain i see is either muscle or water, and i'll take that.

ya'll have a good day!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Yup, I restarted last week. I was in such denial when I started gaining again...(I had hit 167 a few years ago, all time low).
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I need to join this thread. Last year I lost 28lbs in 4 months (some weeks I was relosing the weight I had regained). I was down a total of 48.2lbs. From Sept- Feb I regained back EVERYTHING I lost + more, due to some serious family issues. I never should have gotten off track though. I went from 267.4 to 308. For the past almost 2 weeks I have been back to calorie counting and going to the gym. I weighed in this am at 300.8. I am so disgusted that I let myself go up after all of my hard work. I am pretty much back at square one.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi... gosh, it's been a busy day of being here,l there and everywhere.

I was running around taking my mom to the doctor and shopping. I am working on the invitations to the silent auction fundraiser for our group - literacy project for at risk kids.

On to the food... yesterday I stayed within my plan. A few things changed. A little sloppy... but, did not overeat. I planned/measured,logged food, read over my literature, lots of water, left a bite, did some exercises, and a few more.

I did weigh today.
2/08 - 203
2/15 - 205 (Day of Surgery)
2/22- did not weigh
2/29 - 203
I am just fine with how it has ended up.

Saturday DH and I will go visit our family. I am still kind of tired from the surgeries - but, it will be OK. The surgeon suggested I travel with a pillow in my lap. That works... it's fine. I will start to read and plan my strategy to have some sanity around the food while traveling. I will add some exchanges to my daily plan.

I hope you are all having a good day!

As always, I want to thank you all for your continued support & wisdom.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #367  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 30min of cardio then 45min of LB.

My eating has been okay but not the best its ever been, I feel the food itself is still healthy, but I need to cut back on my portions, I got tired of posting everything every night but am still keeping track in my journal. I feel I need to get back on the straight and narrow, and maybe shake things up a bit to get out of the rut I'm in. Time to put February behind me and March On!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #368  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Welcome new people! This is a great group to help you keep your head in the re-losing game.

Beverly, wtg on maintaining your weight during your recovery! That's great news. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that traveling on Saturday is as comfortable as possible.

Penguin, I often find myself in a rut this time of year. Luckily we get a fresh start today with the new month, and spring appears to be on the way, storms and all. Good luck to all of us!

I'm at 203.2 this morning, down two whole ounces from yesterday. I've had a nagging headache since yesterday, and I'm taking my time this morning. I'm going to have to drag myself into work here shortly, but they won't miss me too much if I'm a little late this morning.

I drank a Diet Coke yesterday, just to see what would happen. I haven't had one in over a month, so really I was just experimenting. It was really sweet and tasted like chemicals, mostly. I'm glad to know I won't be craving them anymore (hopefully) but if this headache is a result of the soda, it wasn't worth it. It could just be the storms rolling through my area, and the spring allergens creeping up.

I hope everyone's having a good week. It's a new month and I'm determined to make it another successful one.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-01-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #369  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the newbie losers!
We're in the midst of our first snow storm this winter, it's incredibly beautiful. The office is practically empty but most of my staff is here. I was thinking about taking them to lunch for making the effort, but I haven't budgeted the points for that so I'm looking for a non-food treat for the team.

Food was OP yesterday, even with a gathering of girlfriends last night. I'm not sure why it's so easy to pass on all the wonderful goodies spread around, but I can say I wasn't tempted at all. I did have a nice glass of wine

My gazelle sprints the other night don't feel like such a good idea today. My calves are so tight I can barely walk down the stairs! I guess I have to ease into things a little more.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #370  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaloozer View Post
I am so disgusted that I let myself go up after all of my hard work. I am pretty much back at square one.
This is me, too. So, I also need to join this thread. I went away from the entire forum for almost a year. Yep, that served me well.... gained back a lot of what I had lost. I was down about 40 pounds as I recall. Then it started to sneak back on. And, around February 2011, I stopped keeping track. Long story... laid off from a job I had for 9 years... found another job, but hated it.... worked there for 10 months before finally being hired at a company I love, with a job I love, and more money! During the rough times, my husband was out of town a lot and we live out in the country, so I had lots of animal chores - irrigation issues - oh, and I have teenagers. 2011 was unkind and I lost track of myself.

So, moving on, with the new job I knew I had to get back on track. So, I showed up here. Loved the title of this thread and I knew it was me. I also saw that Sandi had lost 100 pounds over the past year. Wow, while I was in torment and gaining, she took control and lost a bunch of weight. I want to be back in control too.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #371  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Diane (I remember you!) I am right there with you. I started back in 2006 and lost 95 pounds over three years (I was on the very, veeeery slow track) and then I changed jobs, took on a lot more responsibility/stress, and suddenly I'd gained back 68 pounds. I cannot believe to this day that I was that close to 100 pounds lost and I managed to relapse my way back to 218.

I still get frustrated, sure, but everybody here is turning it around, and so can you. It feels pretty great to take control back, I am here to tell you.

Good gravy, I sound like a motivational speaker lately. This is what working out and getting the gluten out of my system does to me. But I'm losing weight, so it's a trade-off I am willing to make.

In short, welcome!! It sucks that any of us have to be here, but at least we all know what it's like to be in this position.

mahtha, be careful in that weather! It's 70 degrees and sunny here today. I'm wearing a skirt without tights and short sleeves. Crazy to think you're getting snow.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-01-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #372  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Justwant2Bhealthy~ Thanks!

Bleh. Thought I had a good week bit gained 3 1/2 pounds at my meeting last night. I'm hoping that my TOM is mostly to blame for that, but I guess I'll find out more by how I do this next week.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #373  

Pretty day here. I've got the windows open again! Cardio and stretching for later.

My mom got me watching Dr Oz for a few weeks, one thing he said was to have a 'cheat' day. I tried this and it seems to work, if I have one day I can go 'overboard' I can 'do better' the rest of the week. So yesterday was my day this week, while last week it was Thursday.

Diane, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Caroline, I did so well in Nov and Dec then this year has been a mess. I need to snap out of it. Hubby gave up cokes about a year ago and has the same reaction when he tried one, he wondered how/why he drank them for so long.

Mahtha, sorry about the snow! Try walking around to loosen up your legs.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #374  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey everyone! happy march and all that jazz

so, final tally for february for me: down 5.3 pounds, as well as several inches! 3/4" on my neck, 1.5" on my bust, 3" on my waist, 1.5" on my hips, and 1" on my thighs. i'll take that
Old 03-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #375  

I did 25min of cardio and 25min of active stretching.

Mandy, great job on the loss!
Closed Thread