Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #421  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

My dryer went on the fritz today, rather annoying as my only comfy jeans were still wet and I needed to head to the store. So I timidly reached for some jeans I hadn't worn since January since they cut into my stomach too much and actually hurt. They fit me ok now! Can't say they're loose or anything nor has the scale really changed, but I've been firing things up this week so I figure it's a good sign.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #422  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

feeling much much better since hitting the gym for the first time since wednesday night! well, with the exception of my hands which feel like hamburger. i think i need to get lifting gloves.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Finally got back to the gym today! I got about an hour of cardio in and then did some weights so I feel a lot better! I tried running yesterday but my pants kept sliding down so I couldn't run too much, kinda embarrassing. I also ate really healthy all day so I'm really proud of myself!

I am still super scared to step on the scale and see the number. I don't know when I will feel confident enough to do it again. I want to be able to track my progress but im terrified of it. Any suggestions?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #424  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica88 View Post
I am still super scared to step on the scale and see the number. I don't know when I will feel confident enough to do it again. I want to be able to track my progress but im terrified of it. Any suggestions?
Just do it! The revist is never pretty, but you're already headed back in the right direction. Step on, take note, forgive your lapse, and keep on moving! I was in the same boat for a while and the denial really sunk me. Good or bad, I'm holding myself accountable to the scale going forward.

Sirenity, CONGRATULATIONS! Getting back into old jeans is a big deal.

Mandy, Penguin, thistoo and 2B, I'm envious of the level of energy you guys always have. I'm trying to incorporate more exercise into my schedule, but I'm really finding it tough to make the time every day.

Slashnl, GirlyGirlSebas, and myhaloisintheshop, welcome! You've found a fantastic group here. We're going to have to created a relost group when we've all reached goal so we can still hang out and say hello

I had an interesting conversation at dinner last night with my D21 who is home from college on spring break. Like mom she has some weight to lose, so she and a roommate have been counting calories. She's frustrated by how slow her progress has been and last night I learned why. They have been going out every Friday night having a few beers followed by midnight pizza runs. No big deal, right? Pizza and beer are perfectly fine. Except that they decided that "going out nights don't count" when counting calories! HUH? I guess they thought there were magic fairies that sucked up all the calories as long as they were out somewhere. Followed by the morning after bagels and creamcheese, I'm pretty sure I know why calorie counting isn't working! I joked with her about the fairies, but I think her telling me the story out loud made her realize that there are no free passes. If she really wants to lose weight, EVERYTHING COUNTS. I didn't lecture, I didn't even advise. I'm going to continue to do my thing and just lead by example.

Last edited by mahtha; 03-06-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #425  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Thanks, mahtha, but I don't feel like I have much energy lately. I'm trying to keep up with my workouts, but I have been dragging since Saturday and I can't seem to shake this funk I've fallen into. It's probably not helping that my weight loss is at a stand-still this week, but I am just feeling really down lately and I can't explain why.

Regardless of all that, I'm sticking with my plan because I know it will work if I am consistent. Today I'm really sore from a combination of too much cardio (my hip flexors are killing me!) and yesterday's upper body lifting routine. Later tonight I'll ride the spin bike for awhile and try to loosen things up.

Jessica, mahtha's right. You just have to get it over with. Once you get on the scale and know where you are, the fear will be gone and you'll have something to work with. It probably won't even be as bad as you're expecting, so the best thing to do is just go for it.

Sirenity, congratulations on the jeans! I hope to follow your example soon.

I am going to take my crazy mood swings and find something productive to do with my time. There's a repairman coming to look at my window today, so at least that's one thing taken care of. Finding the money to pay for it is another story altogether, but one crisis at a time is about all I can handle at the moment.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #426  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mahtha, sometimes just saying something out loud is what it takes to realize how 'wrong' it is. I was talking to my mom on the phone once about my diet and 'how I have to have chocolate each day to be happy...' Then I realized how stupid that sounded and was able to change my perspective. Like you she didn't have to say anything, I realized on my own. I don't have a set time to workout, because for me each day is different, some days I exercise in the mid morning and sometimes its right before bed. Chopping one long workout into two shorter workouts still 'counts' and they are easier to fit in a busy day.

Jessica, go ahead, weigh and get it over with. Sometimes the dread is much worse than the reality.

Mandy, if you get gloves be sure to get the ones with the 'suede leather' pads, they work a lot better.

Sirenity, great job on the jeans! wohoo! but sorry to hear about your dryer.

NewCreation, i hope you and GB both slept better last night.

Cleaning house this AM. Cardio for later.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 03-06-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #427  
Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
I can't seem to shake this funk I've fallen into. It's probably not helping that my weight loss is at a stand-still this week, but I am just feeling really down lately and I can't explain why.

Regardless of all that, I'm sticking with my plan because I know it will work if I am consistent.
to you. This was me last week. I kept up with this thread, but didn't post much because I was finding it hard to be positive.
I did stay on plan and was rewarded. Now if only my husband would come from from this 3+ week business trip...
Old 03-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #428  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, not doing so great yet. I had to go take my son to his orthodontist appt, so no gym this morning. Again. Keep trying.... It seems like it is so easy to get off track on the slightest glitch in the schedule. Sounds like everyone else is having ups and downs too. Who said weight loss was easy?? Ha!

Mahtha, my husband was gone a lot this past summer and fall. It is really hard to have them gone so long when you are used to having them around. I hope he gets home soon! It can really mess with your outlook.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Thanks everyone for the motivation to get back on the scale, I did it this morning and was not very happy. I am up to 178.6 But now I know where I am and am going to continue trying my hardest to lose the rest of this weight. I did some Pilates this morning and am planning on going to the gym later this evening.

Mahtha- I definitely understand what your daughter is going through because thats what I have been doing for the past couple of months, its so hard, especially while you are in college and around your friends to eat healthy all the time and one cheat day usually turns into multiple cheat days.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #430  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

While waiting for my bath/kitchen floor to dry I did the rest of the new Leslie. Today I did Blue, Arms {just to see if the program would let me}, Yellow, Chest/Back, and Stretch ~40min. Once again the CD appeared after the stretch! First, there's no jogging at all. Things of note in the Blue, Tina sings 'Proud Mary' and we do jumprope and jacks! Prances and half jacks would work as a modification but the segment isn't long. Arms consists of hammer curls and 2 sets of French Press {I used 8's}, Yellow was pretty basic Leslie. Chest/Back involved 2 alternating sets of knees pushups and bird-dog. Then the stretch.

Jessica, better to know than to imagine worse.

Diane, can you fit something else in later? Maybe playing with your son, assuming he didn't get his braces tightened. Been there, done that, no fun!

Mahtha, I find the more time I spend here the better I am at staying on track. Misery loves company? maybe more like 'if we all stick together" it seems easier.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 03-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #431  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hi Friends! Doing a drive-by post. Woke up a bit later than usual today. Auditing all day, then HOA meeting here tonight. At some point, I'll have to find time for my dinner.

Hope you guys are having an awesome on-plan day!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #432  
Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Mahtha, I find the more time I spend here the better I am at staying on track. Misery loves company? maybe more like 'if we all stick together" it seems easier.
B! It helps tremedously to know there are others here who truly get it. Our efforts can be so easily derailed by a couple of bad decisions and the shame that follows falling off the wagon AGAIN. Like-minded people have enough experience to know this sh!t happens, you just have to dust yourself off and keep on goin'. That kind of encouragement (and the general kindness of this group) is what keeps me checking in here.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #433  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

mahtha, my energy level has built up over the course of the year i've been working with my weight loss. it's one of the most positive things i've taken away from this journey. even with the regain!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Morning ladies! Still on track here and feeling good. TOM is due Friday so my first week on FF (sunday weigh in) was less than stellar (4 lb loss). I wanted more. Wah! Anyway...expecting a similar loss Sunday, then I'll feel a bit better. Losing inces though. Going to xmas tree shop today with my mother and sister today. Always has us going out to eat...It's so hard to do this and go out to eat! Hoping they don't want to ! LOL I'll figure it out. Anyway....Sue...I'm from MA, too...what part are you in? I'm near the Cape.
Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #435  
Sue

Good morning everyone!

Stayed OP yesterday with food and water, but didn't get my exercise in as planned. I struggled with the munchies yesterday afternoon and am grateful those days are now few and far between.

Kristen, I knew you were close when I read that you were going to Christmas Tree Shop today! I'm out near Concord.
Closed Thread