Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #481  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Muggles: way to go!

Diane: Getting back on track totally outweighs any regain! We all did this once we can do it all again!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #482  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I'm sorta laughing at myself. I pulled out my old TOPS weight books and see I was at 264 when I started in October of 2009 (was at 285 in 2007 and 360 in 2005). I'm at 265 right now! Hoping to be at or below 264 again on my next meeting. I did get down to 244 last year . . .
Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #483  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Sick and trying not to be upset that I can't work out for a couple days.
I'm trying to remember that rest is important...especially when you have strep!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #484  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

While sad to see so many of us "back again" I'm really thrilled to see so many here determined to make it stick this time. What a great support system we've all created for each other!

I got sidetracked at lunch time so had to do an abbreviated walk. It just took me 20 minutes to do my 30 minute route so I need to come up with a new one

Muggles and Kristen, Congrats on the losses!

Welcome Salsa Chip and FindingFawn!

ThisToo and Mandy, you continue to inspire me with those workouts! (OK, maybe "shame" is a better word, but whatever it takes to get me moving more!)

2B, I keep thinking of your signature as I run to the ladies room every 15 minutes. I'm not sure I can drink all the water and still be a productive member of society! I know it will change eventually, but man this is rough!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #485  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

This morning has been busy, why is it that everything seems to land on one or two days a week? So I started bread and laundry this morning. Washed all the veggies we bought at the store last night. Made red roasted pepper and garlic hummus for lunch {looked like something out of a horror flick but tasted good}, I sent a picture to Hubby at work, he wasn't impressed. I decided to try making onion and olive bread today so I had to cook an onion, get that chopped and cooled, then roll out the dough. Hubby doesn't like olives so I only made one loaf of olive bread and two with onions. I'm not really sure how its going to work overall. Then between loads/folding I did miles 1,2,3 from Leslie's 5RBM = 50min cardio. Now that this post is all about food...
Old 03-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #486  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

back, FAWN & SALSA & MUGGLES ~ that's what this thread is all about. We have all regained, and I don't doubt there are hundreds (if not thousands) of others who have done the same thing, and more than once at that (see me waving too) ...

Glad you decided to come back and join us here. Yes, the truth is -- we have to realize that this is a long-term deal; not a part-time job. And don't worry about the mistakes; forgive yourself, learn from them, and just keep on going -- that's how you will succeed.

HEATHER ~ hope you are feeling better real soon ...

HI ... to everybody else too!!!

We are looking forward to spring here; we've had some really warm temps lately -- up into the mid-50's F yesterday and it's still melting out there today. Saturday, we had baked fish & chips & coleslaw (a standard fare here). We had mock "fried" chicken (baked in the oven) with veggies for dinner last night; and I had leftover chicken breast sandwich for lunch today. Tonight, we will be having lean pork chops with rice/barley mix and veggies.

Have a wonderful week everyone; just keep on, keepin' on ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-12-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #487  
Sue

The scale was not kind today. I've been trading with the same 2 pounds for a couple of weeks now. Hoping it's TOM-related and I can say goodbye to it later this week. It can't possily be "real weight", I've really been OP for the past 6 weeks staying within my daily points and not using my weeklies at all. AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH This is getting frustrating.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #488  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Sue, my scale's being a complete tease this week too. So far my numbers have gone like this: 200.8, 202.2, 200.6, and today I'm back up to 201.8. If tomorrow follows the pattern then I should be 200.4 for my 'official' weigh-in, right?!?

It's a little dizzying. I sort of feel like a yoyo. But as long as the number keeps going down, I'm okay with it. It's easy to beat yourself up for the bounces, but you're right, it's not 'real weight'. It's just our bodies adjusting to the very dramatic changes we are putting them through.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #489  
Sue

Caroline, I restarted 6 weeks ago and have lost 11 -13 pounds depending where the scale is at any given time. Not so bad, huh? Except that I lost 7 pounds week 1, 4 pounds week 2, and a grand total of 2 (or none) over the last 4 weeks. I know I'm doing the right things and I have no intention of giving up, but today I'm frustrated and the weather is dreary and it's especially hard not to comfort myself with mashed potatoes and gravy. I might have to go out at lunchtime and buy myself shoes
Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #490  

Hi Uber and All,

I am in as well. I previously lost 90lbs. but gain over half back....ridiculous really. Anyway, I am committed to lose the weight again and this time lose more. I am down 17 so far since starting once again. I'm glad to be here and thankful for the thread.

J
Old 03-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #491  
Caroline

Sue, I totally understand! Last week when I was feeling really frustrated and down I ordered some Yankee candles to cheer myself up. I love those ridiculously expensive things, and now my house smells like lilacs, which is very uplifting.

Yeah, that major slow-down is really frustrating, I'm sure. I really wish there was a magic formula to all this. I hope the shoe shopping helps!

ETA: Welcome Juniper!

Last edited by thistoo; 03-13-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #492  
Sue

Welcome, Juniper! Sorry to have you find us in the middle of my pity party, it's usually much more positive around here. Congrats on the 17 so far, that's a big accomplishment.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #493  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtha View Post
Sorry to have you find us in the middle of my pity party
No apologizing for pity parties! We're here to support each other on good days AND bad! (Also if you apologize then I'll feel like I have to apologize whenever I throw a pity party, and let me tell you, my pity parties are LEGENDARY.)

Last edited by thistoo; 03-13-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #494  
Sue

thanks, Caroline
Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #495  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

The kiddo's are coming late this morning so part of my 'catching up' is another drive by posting!

The baby is now 6 weeks, so I can start going back to the Y and drop her and her brother off at the child watch. In the pool for 30 minutes yesterday and a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood later that afternoon. Today I'm taking the kids back to the Y so the older one can play in the kiddie pool with me.

Made a huge batch of veggie soup with all my favorite veggies and some leftover spag sauce supplemented with some beef broth to stave off the munchies or to make sure I get lunch during the busy day

Welcome, welcome to all of you who have just joined us! Hope you're having an awesome day!

Lost another pound!!!
Closed Thread