Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #466  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I belong here!!

Oh my goodness did I ever slip backwards! I spent the last year endulging on things like chocolate cake and chocolate milk and ice cream and candy bars! I gained back everything I had lost (40 pounds or such??) plus an extra 15

I have been back on plan for 2 weeks now, I slip here and there, but am not going to let it get me down. I have gone down 5.6 pounds in those 2 weeks. It seems like it is moving slower this time around, but I am commited to this for life and will keep on trudging along.

I'm back up to the 2 mile WATP DVDs, not ready for 3s yet but I'm getting there. I have been pusing myself to exercise every single day for a minimum of 30 minutes and trying to sneak in even more than that.

I'm so happy to see some familiar faces in this thread. Not that I'm happy any of you have slipped, but knowing I'm not alone makes it so much easier for me to come back here. I have visited a few times and read, but was too afraid to post because I felt like a fool for falling into such a deep rut. I need this place and I need all of you!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

NO...LOL! TOM came in the afternoon on Friday. Husband has had surgery to prevent said events! Heavens! I'm all set now! LOL!

Starting Phase 2 of FF today. Today is my weigh in day. I'll post after. Adding 30 mins of walking daily, too. Cannot wait to start running again but want to wait until I'm at 215. I'll add lifting probably next week. Missing that too. Detoxing is just too harsh to do all that. I'll post more later.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #468  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Beverly, welcome back! I'm glad you had a good trip and a nice visit.

Sommer, welcome to you as well! I remember you from the last time I was active here. It's a shame so many of us have regained, but I'm glad you found your way here. This is a very supportive group, and we all know exactly what it's like.

Kristen, good luck with the transition to phase 2. Detoxing really is harsh, so it's smart that you're taking it slow.

As expected, I'm back up to 202.2 this morning. Today's another fast day, which might make a difference. We'll see. I do find it a bit easier to create an overall calorie deficit when I fast, so I will try to stick with it for the time being.

I'm working this afternoon, so I've already gotten in a workout this morning, UML from the Power 90 series, if anyone's familiar with that. UML stands for 'Upper, Middle, Lower', so basically it's 40 minutes of circuit training. I feel like I should do some more cardio, but I don't know if I'll have time to fit it in today. If not, I'll do some tomorrow for sure.

Have a great Sunday, everyone! I need to go get ready for work.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #469  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

OH HAI THUR!

I'm back, heavier than I was when I first joined (and then some). I had actually created a new account, and then I saw this thread, with a whole bunch of other people I recognised from back then, and figured that I'm not going to be a baby and hide behind new nicks when other people are manning up.

So yes um hello
Old 03-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #470  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

hi ladies!

PMS has been giving me trouble this weekend. i'm certain i over indulged. TOM is due today and the sweets cravings are driving me nuts! trying to combat them with crystal light packets in my water (which usually works!) but it's not doing much for me today. i've already had 2 cookies! but aside from the cookies i had a piece of whole wheat toast with 1/2 tbsp of butter, a banana, 8oz 100% dole juice, and 8oz skim milk - so all is not lost on the day. dinner tonight is a honey-pecan topped chicken breast recipe i found that looks amazing (and calls for bigger chicken boobs - 6oz) for approx 380 calories per serving, serve with a steamed potato/snap pea/red pepper mix and a fresh garden salad i should be able to have a filling delicious dinner for 550-600 calories (depending on what kind of dressing mood i'm in).

also, we are definitely going to the gym tonight i'm loving the strength training that we've started doing. our routine seems to follow a pattern of "long cardio day" then "short cardio + strength" we occasionally have rest days, but it's typically the long cardio days that get skipped cause i will drag hubby kicking and screaming to the gym on strength days! it's only been a (four?) weeks, but i've already upped my weights by 20 pounds all around! currently doing 3 sets of 10 all around, but i've been reading that it's better for women to do more reps at lower weights? eh. i'm enjoying what i'm doing and i'm starting to see some definition in my biceps in any case!

i will up the resistance on the elliptical to pay for those cookies :P

oh. p.s.! due to our tax refund check being a little higher than we thought, hubby agreed to buying an ab roller! (all of 30 dollars, i'm so expensive)... we get that today! i can't do proper sit ups because i've broken my tail bone, twice, and rolling up on it is pretty painful. so yay ab roller!

Last edited by konfyoozed; 03-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #471  
Caroline

Hey, Salsa, I remember you! Welcome back. I'm sorry about the circumstances, but we're all in it together.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #472  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Hey, Salsa, I remember you! Welcome back. I'm sorry about the circumstances, but we're all in it together.
Hi thistoo, I also remember you Thanks for the welcome (back).
Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #473  

Hi Salsa and ThisToo!!!! (I'm waving frantically hoping no one walks into the room and sees me lol)

Kristin: I had one of those surgeries, and hubby was scheduled to get one too just to be safe, then our family dr said you know nothing is 100% and well it would be something if you both failed at the same time... now 3 years out from my tubal, I still get paranoid...lol

Mandy: Hope you had a great workout at the gym tonight!

As for me, this morning I did a 3 mile WATP video.. Thought I was dying in parts of it, but I made it through with only a few minor modifications (I didn't lift my knees as high at times). Then the family and I went to the local mall where a model train club has a store rented out and all kinds of displays set up. Came home and ate lunch and thought it was too nice out to be in this house, so I drug the family on a hike, we aren't sure how far it is, we need to drive as much of the trail as we can I guess, but we think it had to be 3 miles at least. We don't have great roads to walk (winding mountain road that people think is their race car practice track) but we have some great trails here as long as we hit them on Sundays when no one is out hunting. I will definately feel it tomorrow, in fact I felt it the second I sat down and went to get up again...lol.

Tomorrow I must bite a bit of the dog that bit me and it will be torture.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #474  

Well, I am back on the treadmill. I lost 50 pounds last year and have regained 55. Starting over!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Down 3 1/2 lbs this week Yay! I'll take it. Here's a tidbit for you. From August to January I stopped caring and gained 38 lbs. Wanna bet it takes me more than 5 months to LOSE 38 lbs??! The least fair thing in the world....MORAL.....don't give up for 5 months!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #476  
Caroline

Kristen, I gave up for longer than that, so I feel your pain. I'm trying not to think about the fact that I'm losing weight I've already lost, because it's too depressing if I do think about it. But still, 3.5 pounds! That's fantastic! Congratulations.

I'm at 200.6 this morning, so I guess my Sunday fast was successful, even though I felt like I ate way too much once I broke my fast last night. I wasn't expecting to bounce all the way back down to 200, so I'm pretty excited. Less than a pound to go!

Hi, Muggles, welcome. You've come to the right place to get back on track!

Sommer, great job on the exercise! I hope you can move today. That would make me sore for sure.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #477  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone
I was 3FC lite for the very busy weekend that started with D17's Friday afternoon "Mom, my car won't start." $1136 later, that was fixed, only to be followed by replacing DH's busted laptop. D21 went back to school after her spring break ended and SS20 arrived with a friend for his spring break. I'm ready for a nap!

I kept OP for most of the weekend with the exception of an ice cream cone last night. It wasn't worth the calories Monday is normally my weigh-in but the scale got moved around last night to make room for a guest so I'll weigh in tomorrow instead. I'm hoping for some movement again, this 1 - 1.5 lbs every few weeks with movement up and down in between is getting frustrating.

The weather is supposed to be beautiful today so I'm looking forward to a nice long walk on my lunch hour. I hope everyone has a day!

Last edited by mahtha; 03-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #478  

Muggles: Welcome

Caroline & Kristin: Congrats on the loss!!!

Matha: Sounds crazy but fun. Hope the scale is nice to you tomorrow!

As for me, I am surprisingly NOT sore today! I took a long hot bath last night and some advil before bed and woke up feeling fine. Maybe a hair tight but not sore. I did a 2 mile WATP this morning and think I may do another this afternoon after I finish school with the kiddos... which I should be doing now, but with time change they are all messed up and just crawling out of bed!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #479  

Lost 2 pounds this weekend!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #480  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back to Salsa Chip and Finding Fawn. It's hard to admit that we all regained, but we'll all get back on track. I did my regroup this weekend and am going back to all that worked before. I weighed this morning and it wasn't pretty, but it is a starting point. I guess I can say that I didn't gain it all back. I gained all but .8 of a pound. Wonderful. But, moving on...

I went to Spin class this morning. Suffered through the pain. I went back to my usual breakfast from the past... you know, the one that doesn't include sausage croissants or sausage biscuits. I packed my lunch with the same stuff I used to take, back when I was on track. So, here I go. Oh, and I've started writing it all down again.

What a great thread this is. I'm so glad it is here! It was hard enough to admit that I slipped up and regained. But then to get some support from others that understood. Awesome!
Closed Thread