Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #211  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Beverly - I am glad that you got home safely and your stepmom is recovering well. Sorry you got hurt! It is amazing how we can twist something so easily.

Dgramie - I just joined this thread too and think it will be a great help.

Yesterday I had to roll with the flow but stayed within my calorie budget. Things got hectic at work and I ended up having Cheez-its for lunch. Not healthy but within my calorie limit. Then DH and I were going out for dinner and a movie. We planned on eating at Outback and I looked at their nutritional info online and knew exactly what to eat. When we arrived there was a hour 20 minute wait outside in the cold. Forget that! We ended up going to O'Charleys and I had to make educated guesses at what to eat. It worked out fine. I had saved calories for the night. I had one roll, a cup of potato soup, and 6oz sirloin steak. I had ordered broccoli with it but the broccoli turned out to be covered in cheese. I was pretty full at that point so I just left the broccoli. When I got home and looked up the nutritional info, I had eaten 670 calories. Since I had allowed 800, all was good.

Today will be a challenge because I am at home but I need to do lots of housework so I plan to keep my mind off of the food.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #212  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

oh boy, I am really struggling the last couple days...

Wednesday morning at work i was exhausted and gave in to the siren call of some keebler cookies. That white flour/sugar combo is deadly but usually the next day I wander around my house craving any sweet stuff I can cram in my mouth but by the day after I'm fine. Not so much this week - I've gotten sleep, I haven't had sugar so I should be back on track. But I am ravenous. All I want to do is eat - anything, everything. I'm not hungry,not really. But that doesn't help make me not want to eat eat eat.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #213  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ welcome to the Newbies (dgramie) too! Well, we had the CINNAMON CHICKEN on Thursday night. I roasted ours in the oven with veggies on the side; the cinnamon & lemon gave it a nice aroma & a mild flavor that was quite enjoyable.

MAHTHA ~ yes, I love to nuke an apple with cinnamon, than sprinkle a little granola on top; 1-2 tbls have less cals than a whole serving, but tastes just as nice. I also like to sprinkle a little granola or fiber one on my yogurt (my favorite is lemon but it is so hard to get here).

Vladadog ~ I have days like that too; sometimes I ate a carby thing, but sometimes not -- other times, I have found that I ate too little the day before or I am under my target for that day. And sometimes, there doesn't seem to be any rhymn or reason for it. So, I try a healthy snack, then some tea or water, then distraction to wait it out.

Someone here had a mantra that said something like ... I keep telling myself, "Hunger is not an emergency."

I'm starting to believe that our body is trying to trick us or con us into eating something when we really don't need it. So, DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!! Be a warrior not a slave!

It's the same with my exercise/toning plan ~ I am committed to doing my best each day. Sometimes I get it all done, but sometimes, I only get part of it done. I consider it a victory, if I get even a little done each day. My goal plan for my eating is -- first, to make healthy choices each day; second, to eat smaller portions; third, to be under my calorie cap for the day.

Again, I am contented if I get most of that accomplished -- 90% is still a big victory for me ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-11-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #214  

Height: 5'7"

Trying a new recipe today...chicken fajita in the crockpot. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers! My back is feeling some better - grateful for that! I've made my food plan for today. (Have cooked lots of chicken for later in the week.) I will do my journal work and get back to doing what I know works/helps me having a sane relationship with food.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks for your support.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #216  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Good morning, Ladies! Stayed OP again yesterday with the exception of my water. I'm finding that much more difficult on the weekends. Last night was date night. We had a wonderful time, but the food was disappointing so it was easy not to overindulge. I almost ordered dessert because I was still a little hungry after dinner. My resolve got the best of me znd I had a cup of coffee instead. GO CHICKS!!

Saturday
2 coffee/ lowfat milk
1 egg
English muffin
Spinach
Banana

3 baked stuffed shrimp
Salad lowfat dressing
Steamed veggies
1 piece bread
1/2 pat butter
Wine
Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #217  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

dgramie - let us know how the chicken fajita turns out. I'm always interested in easy crockpot food!

I had a huge (but healthy and totally on plan) dinner last night which seems to have reset my constant craving problem.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #218  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

good morning everyone! (well, afternoon at this point)

hope everyone is doing well! my cold finally decided to take a hike leaving only a little lingering congestion to contend with (not in my nose, more in my chest, but it's much much less). but just in case, i let hubby go to church by himself this morning so i didn't share the ick. he came home with a rotisserie chicken and a request to use the breasts for cuban chicken pizza (i got the recipe on here from someone) for dinner tonight. so i had the dark meat of the chicken (leg/thigh/tiny wing - like 2 bites) and a fruit cup for my 2pm meal (a little early) and we're having the cuban pizzas for dinner tonight. panko breaded baked pork chops are on the list for tomorrow night. and tuesday i'm taking the day off of calorie counting for my husband as a valentine's day gift. he gets home made lasagna, garlic cheddar biscuits (think red lobster), and a caramel apple upside down cake. i'll try to eat light during the day, and fill up on salad before. but i will sit down with my hubby on valentine's day and enjoy a romantic meal without being calorie police

though i'm sure my weigh in on wednesday will not be happy i'll deal with that when i deal with it. life doesn't need to be put on hold for weight loss!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #219  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Vladadog ~ When I say "I'm hungry" ... my DH always says "Well, EAT then!" So when I feel famished, I always check to see where I need to add a bit more to help that. So this AM, I did something similar -- I had a little more for my breakfast today (but I'm still on plan).

I had one egg + 2 slices of bacon + 1 wg tst + 1/2 cup leftover oatmeal w/wpp + a coffee. I had 2 canned apricots + a coffee when I first woke up. For lunch, I had a pita pizza + a cup of broth. I think we will have chicken pieces with roasted vegetables for dinner today -- that way I'll have some leftovers for the week coming as well.

BEVERLYJOY ~ glad your back is feeling better today!

dgramie ~ yes, let us know how it turns out!

SUE ~ isn't that the worst -- going out to eat and the meal is a flop. Good for you doing so well and resisting that dessert with a coffee instead, cuz you never know how much that dessert may have set you back (as a lot of restaurant desserts have mega-hidden calories).

MANDY ~ enjoy your romantic Valentine's dinner with your hubby! It will balance out over the week, I'm sure!

LADIES ... have a great week!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-12-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #220  
Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy

[QUOTE
SUE ~ isn't that the worst -- going out to eat and the meal is a flop. Good for you doing so well and resisting that dessert with a coffee instead, cuz you never know how much that dessert may have set you back (as a lot of restaurant desserts have mega-hidden calories).
I was eyeing a chocolate lava cake, so I'm pretty sure it would have set me back a whole week's efforts. At one point I'd have said screw it, but I'm finding myself in a very different place right now. I'm not sure how long it will last so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth and be happy not to be struggling through each day. I know it's going to get harder as time goes on and progress slows down, I need to take advantage now.

Last edited by mahtha; 02-13-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #221  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope you've all had a great weekend.

I'm PMSing and I want to eat ALL THE FOOD right now. I'm doing my best to ignore it, because I know if I can keep my calories in check I'll see a good loss at the end of my cycle. The good news is that I'm not craving carbs for once. Mostly I just want protein. That's absolutely a first for me, so I'm calling it a victory.

Down to 209 on the nose this morning. I'm hoping to drop a little more before Wednesday's 'official' weigh-in. Right now I think I'm going to make some decaf and try to make it to dinner without eating anything else. I have a crockpot full of chicken thighs cooking away right now.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #222  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby and I watched Forks over Knives over the weekend and after some talk, , made the decision to give the Plant Strong way of eating a try. This is majority veggies but with some meat, eggs, dairy etc.

Fri, Feb 10
Brunch = 2 Chili's Phillycheasesteak sliders
D= 1/2 veggie pizza
S= ice cream?
E= none

Sat Feb 11
B= coffee, 1 egg/veggie fritatta, 1/2 pancake, maple syrurp
S= ice cream
L= 1/2 Panara Thai chicken salad
D= 1/2 potato/onion/rosemary tart
S= baked apple {yum-o}
E=none

Sun Feb 2
B= 1/2 coffee, 1 bread/apricot jam
L=1 c lentil, mush, garlic soup, 2 c salad {carrots, craisins, olives, dressing}
D=1 openface black bean burger {good taste, weird texture}, chips/salsa
S= 4 Triscuit, herb brie, kalamata olive
S= strawberries, banana, whipped cream
E=none

TOM is about to start and I feel like I'm still PMSing from last week.

Caroline, my body is so weird, I never get a whoosh after TOM

Mahtha, I like happy movies too. I don't want to be more depressed/upset than when I started!

Beverly, glad things are better with you.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #223  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Caroline, my body is so weird, I never get a whoosh after TOM
A 'whoosh' for me is usually a pound, maybe two on a really good week, so I feel your pain.

This morning I woke up to discover that I'd managed to leave the fridge ajar overnight. So much for all that chicken I cooked yesterday! I'll swing by the grocery store on the way home to pick up some more, but I'm mad at myself for wasting the food. You'd think I'd remember by now that the fridge doesn't always catch on its own. Usually I've at least had some wine to blame it on when that happens.

At 209 again this morning. I feel like I ate a lot yesterday, so I was expecting a bounce up, but at least that didn't happen.

I hope everyone has a good Monday. I have a feeling mine is going to be long.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #224  
Sue

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday
The weekend went by far too quickly but overall I made good choices. We had a lazy day yesterday so we brunched instead of breakfast and lunch.

Down 4 lbs this morning for the weekly weigh in. That' 11 in 2 weeks, I'll take it! I planned a couple of splurges over the weekend that I never used so my weekly WW points went untouched all week. I can do this for another week. (then another week, then another week...)

Sunday
2 eggs
veggies
english muffin/butter
2 coffee/lowfat milk

1 c pasta
veggies
shrimp
bread
1 c peach sorbet
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #225  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning, everyone!
I have been on plan for a week now. After a year of fluctuating on and off plan, I feel good about staying on plan this long. The sugar cravings are much better. I am feeling confident about my ability to stay on plan. I just keep reminding myself that I stayed on plan for 2 years before my life was tilted and I fell off.
Closed Thread