Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #541  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathermichigan View Post
I have gotten extremely frustrated the last week and a half. The weight just sort of stopped coming off overall. I'll lose, but then gain it back, over and over, day after day. Down a pound, up a half a pound, down a half a pound, up a pound, etc. etc.
This has been my life for the last FIVE weeks. I MUST be doing something wrong, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what. I'm anal about counting my points, (WW) and I've cut way back on my carbs. I'm drinking my water, I'm exercising... My body must just be in shock and has no idea what to do!

I keep hoping once something happens it'll be worth the wait. I'm not a very patient person...
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #542  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Ugh, mahtha. I did WW before my wedding years ago, and I lost 10 pounds over a number of weeks and then just slowly started gaining it all back. I wasn't cheating, I was exercising plenty, and the leader told me to just keep at it. I was like um.....no thanks. I don't want to actively GAIN weight while following a particular diet. And that was that for me and WW.
Then I tried South Beach, which worked but I wanted to strangle someone (anyone) on a regular basis. I like my fruit And then Nutrisystem, which was okay for awhile but I started hating the food and would actually get sick from it. This specialized, personalized nutritionist thing is the only thing that works for me.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #543  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathermichigan View Post
Ugh, mahtha. I did WW before my wedding years ago, and I lost 10 pounds over a number of weeks and then just slowly started gaining it all back. I wasn't cheating, I was exercising plenty, and the leader told me to just keep at it. I was like um.....no thanks. I don't want to actively GAIN weight while following a particular diet. And that was that for me and WW.
Then I tried South Beach, which worked but I wanted to strangle someone (anyone) on a regular basis. I like my fruit And then Nutrisystem, which was okay for awhile but I started hating the food and would actually get sick from it. This specialized, personalized nutritionist thing is the only thing that works for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtha View Post
This has been my life for the last FIVE weeks. I MUST be doing something wrong, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what. I'm anal about counting my points, (WW) and I've cut way back on my carbs. I'm drinking my water, I'm exercising... My body must just be in shock and has no idea what to do!
You guys should consider reading Wheat Belly. It's about a year old, so if your library doesn't have it, ask if they can get it through interlibrary loan (guess what I do for a living?) I know the 'no grains' thing is not for everyone, and I swear I'm not a disciple, but it's amazing the things gluten does to our body, and the things they put wheat in.

Kristen, I'm going to NYC in May with a couple friends, and I have planned the heck out of our trip to make sure there are healthy/wheat-free options available for me. Traveling messes with my already fragile digestive system, so I need to know where I can get a giant salad that's not swimming in dressing no matter where I am. Depending on where you're staying, there are some good options that won't break the calorie budget.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-15-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #544  
Cool Chick

I've thought about avoiding wheat, and do try to eat only a little wheat and more rice, fruit, etc. for my carbs, but as a vegetarian, it is hard to avoid wheat and meat AND be on a diet when I'm not at home.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #545  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Sorry, I didn't realize you were vegetarian. I understand that challenge; I was a vegetarian myself for about a decade, but when I started trying to lose weight and I kept hitting walls I realized that there was no way I could do it and avoid meat at the same time. Carbs just love my hips too much.

So now I try to eat organic/humanely/local as often as possible, though it's sometimes a challenge to stretch my budget that far. I still have a hard time with it sometimes, but for me it was a choice between being at a healthy weight and staying meat-free, unfortunately.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #546  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

My goodness, this thread moves so fast. Ha! Lots of activity here!

I totally overslept this morning and I didn't get to go to Body Pump. I guess it is ok. I was feeling really tired and sore last night. I think I'll go take a walk at lunch.

Gotta run, but wanted to say a quick hi!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #547  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Relosers!
Yesterday was mostly healthy. I did some gardenning. What was I thinking?? (I wasn't) It made my hernia surgery ache. I panicked and ate extra. Today it feels OK. I must remind my self to be more careful.

Today I went to the store and got lots of healthy foods. I am trying foods a little more spicy. My goal is to be able to eat a friend's recipe for Pumpkin Soup. I've been thinking about making it a long time.. but - I think I am getting closer to being able to eat it.

Yesterday - I logged/measured/planned my food (until I ate extra in the evening) Drank lots of water. Did my exercises. I had no seconds. All in all it was a descent 'start again' day.

Today I am off to a good start.

As always, thanks for your support, kindness & wisdom.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #548  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Penguin- Glad you got your electricity back on!

Thistoo- Ditto, That is EXACTLY why I couldn't. Soo close to onederland! You can do it I know it! Good luck on all your meetings, etc. today!

Mahtha- Here is some extra willpower for you! BTW I did weight watchers when I was younger and I find that most people have the same problem you are having. They stop losing unless they lower points even more. The thing that I don't like about the new weight watchers is that it isn't based on caloric nutrients like the old version was. I heard a lot of people are NOT losing on this program. Maybe look into doing an old version of WW or cutting even lower on starches??

finding - That sounds yummy!

Heather- I HATE that. That's how I was for soooo many months around the 240's UGH. annoying....

Slahnl - Lucky for getting the extra sleep! your body probably needed it! Good idea doing a walk at lunch, it will be worth it!

Beverly- Bea careful! No more hospital visits for you! Over eating once in a while is ok, just eat less today, you will do fine! Congrats o getting back on the wagon!

Today is gonna be a looooonnngg day. My ballroom final was today, I used to take ballroom dance at my school as my exercise but after today no more ballroom I can't fit it into my schedule. Saddness. I know I will pass the class but I am stressing about my math final next week. YIKES! I pray I pass this class, I just can't bare to retake ANOTHER math class...ugh. I have an orientation tonight to volunteer for oregon partnership (our suicide prevention/vets services hotlines) Excited to start that and get some practicum to add to my CV for when I am eventually ready to apply to grad school Oh and down to 243.8 this AM YAY!!! officially back to the weight I was at when I fell off the wagon the day before thanksgiving. No more relosing WOOT! time to go past my lowest adult weight and into goal!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #549  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

evening ya'll!!

i've had a crazy cleaning day, and hubby's been working on school stuff and studying for midterms all day. so i'm rewarding us with a favorite household dish... baked rotini (nothing fancy, just pasta with tomato sauce and cheese)... with a side of cheese puffs and a garden salad. if i follow my plan, (for me - 1 serving of the rotini, 3 puffs, and a big salad with 2tbsp of light ranch) i can keep dinner to around 700 calories (which is fine, i still have about 1300 left!) and still have room for a snack after my workout. yay!

I WILL GO TO THE GYM TONIGHT!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #550  
Cool Chick

thistoo--no problem! I definitely don't expect people to know I'm a veggie unless I tell them.
I try to be realistic for my lifestyle and not try something that I won't be able to follow through with MOST of the time while I'm out in the real world. I was even vegan for awhile, but I realized I couldn't do that and have a social life Too hard to travel and eat out and eat at other people's houses, even bringing my own food when I could.
Anyway...I have to be cautious of the carbs in many veggie protein options. So I have to count stuff like lentils as a carb and a protein, which gets complicated sometimes. I eat things like greek yogurt a lot and cottage cheese and tofu that are more pure protein and not half and half.

Off topic: I would pay someone a large amount of money right now to have some garlicky breadsticks without any calories or causing issues to my weight loss journey. Sigh. A girl can dream....
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #551  

Height: 5'7"

Help ladies...Im having a hard time staying motivated!! I do great for a few days and then eat off for a few days. I have to get going!! I need this extra weight off!!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #552  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning... not an official weigh in, that will be on Monday. But I was just curious. And... nothing moved. Maybe my scale is stuck. Oh well, we'll see what happens Monday morning.

dgramie: I hear ya! But you've done so well, try to keep in the game. I am not good at having good inspirations for keeping motivated, but just try to make it not optional. Just something you do... eating right and staying on track. I hope it comes back to you!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #553  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

new thread is here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ml#post4255933

since we went way over 500 posts!
Closed Thread