Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #451  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Geez, I slink off to have a pity party for one day and you guys talk so much I can't catch up!

Kidding. It's great to see everyone still so active in this thread; that means we're all still trying, which means we are going to succeed, sooner or later.

I'm feeling much better, finally, thanks for the sympathy. I don't know what my problem was, but I finally managed to snap myself out of it. The scale is still not budging, which is frustrating, but whatever. It'll move when it moves, nothing I can do about that.

Did I mention here that I'm experimenting with 24-hour fasts? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm trying out the Eat Stop Eat approach to intermittent fasting. It's talked about a lot in paleo circles, which is how I heard of it. I'm not really doing it for weight loss so much as in the hopes that it will help with some of my digestive weirdness. I do feel really good while I'm fasting, so we'll see.

Today's my second 24-hour fast (the first one was last Saturday) and I'm feeling the hunger pangs more this time around, but not in a really uncomfortable way. I went to the gym during lunch and got in some quality time with the elliptical and the rowing machine, and later (after I break my fast at dinner time) I'll do P90X legs. So I'm still plugging away, even though I've been too busy feeling sorry for myself to check in.

Diane, hang in there. The fact that you keep coming back to check in means that you have the will to get back on track, right? So it's just a matter of finding the one step that makes it click back into place for you. Sometimes that's the hardest part, but until you do, we'll be here rooting for you.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #452  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends! I don't like doing drive-bys, but work is crazy hectic. I don't have a moment to breathe! Just wanted to say Hi and be accountable. I'm still on-plan and doing well so far. Although I don't have much to say, I'm cheering you guys on.

Diane - Hang in here with me, Hon. We can do this.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #453  

Height: 5'7"

Im excited..I had a weight loss 2 weeks in a row. 1.2lbs last week and 1.5lb this week. I know thats not alot but my goal is a 1lb a week so Im PUMPED!! Just need to lose a couple of more and I will be back in the 230s. I got down to 214 before I started regaining.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Nice dgramie! You sure will be!

Caroline I tried that IF for a week (while calorie counting) and didn't make any difference to me at all. I wasn't hungry...I ate during a 5 hour window and fasted the rest. But just didn't lose. Let me know how you make out.

Still on track for me but supposed to start TOM today and no sign. I haven't been late in 10 years (that's how old my youngest is ). We'll see. Anyway....hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #455  
Caroline

dgramie, a pound a week is awesome! Go you.

201.8 for me today. WOOT. SO close. So, so close.

Kristen, I can't say I attribute the pound I lost overnight to IF, but it may be that I just needed to shake things up a little. Also I have felt kind of weird and not-exactly-bloaty, and the fast helped quite a bit with that, which might also account for the weight loss. So if I bounce back up tomorrow it won't be a surprise, but fingers crossed I don't.

I know I've been ovulating this week (something that doesn't happen regularly anymore; hello, perimenopause) which might account for both the weird quasi-bloat and also the mood swings. Now that my body is back to normal-ish, maybe I will make some more progress. I'll probably fast again on Sunday, but I'll wait and see how I feel for the next couple days before I decide.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #456  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

So glad it is Friday! And the weather is amazing here. So, that tells me that this weekend I'm going to plan, plan, and plan some more. I am going to force myself to get back on track and I have to stick to it for at least 3 weeks...(hopefully making it a habit). The, I'll recommit again at that time. I have to break this up and not be so overwhelmed with the enormity of it all.

It makes me laugh/cry. I handle big projects and stressful situations are common place at my job. I can tough it out there, but when it comes to weightloss, I'm pathetic. And, no, I'm not beating myself up. It is just an observation. I guess with work, I can be professional. But with weightloss, it is SOOOO personal!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad I found this thread! It's so good to not go it alone!

Congrats on the weight loss dgramie and Caroline! Caroline, you must be so excited with being so close. Awesome.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #457  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

I never did yesterday's workout. I hit the couch and didn't move until Hubby got home, LOL. I might have been better off doing it however I woke up today with a hurting back, not sure if it was Wed's deadlifts or sleeping on it wrong. I took something for it and took another nap, but I feel better now.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #458  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOW, CAROLINE ~ I'm amazed you had the strength to workout on the same day you fasted. I know you can see that 199 coming around the corner, as she comes -- you'll do it, I'm sure ...

PATCH ~ hope your back is feeling better soon.

dGrammie ~ WOWIE, 1 lb a week would be awesome!

We have had a lot of ***** falling the last couple of days; temps have dropped a bit too, and ~~ windy ~~ too, but the is shining right now. The full moon was clear and lovely last night. What a mixed bag we are getting lately.

I made a stir-fry rice dish for lunch today from leftover chicken & veggies. Since it's Friday, we will probably have pizza with salad for dinner tonight. Sounds like a plan to me ... Have a Fabulous Friday, everyone!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #459  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey ya'll

we found out that my husband is getting an extra $1000 grant for school! check is in the mail (yay!) PLUS i got my taxes done (yay!) and after seeing that we're getting back a pretty good chunk more than we were anticipating (yay!), i splurged and bought a digital CD... for all of 25 cents on amazon (yay!). i also found a free copy of the 'eat stop eat' pdf that usually costs like $40. probably not a legal copy, but i'm okay with that... i just wanted to see what it was about anyway.

so i'm in a pretty good mood! usually when i'm happy, i don't need food in front of me to keep me entertained. i've been singing to the cats. :P
Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #460  
Caroline

Today's weight: 200.8. WOW. Granted, I had kind of an unpleasant night, digestively speaking, though I will spare you the details. So I don't know if my weight will stay down or bounce back up again. I would love it if this weight stuck or even went down some more, of course, but I can't count on miracles.

Still, it looks like I might make my goal of hitting the 100s before I leave for Florida next Saturday, so I'm feeling good about that.

Justwant2Bhealthy, I find I have a decent amount of energy almost all the way through the fast. I start to drop around 3:30 or so, but as long as I get in a workout before then I'm okay. The theory is that if you don't have any food in your system when you work out, your body will use fat stores for fuel. I don't know how true that is, but I can't afford to skip workouts so I do it if I can. Nothing strenuous, just easy cardio.

Anyway, I hope everyone's having a great weekend! I've mostly been doing chores. I had to mow the lawn yesterday, so I guess spring really has arrived in the south. Today is grocery shopping, stopping at a friend's house to feed her cats, and of course working out.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #461  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I had planned to get in an hour workout last night, but decided to spend the time with my husband instead because I won't see him much this weekend with everything going on. I'm glad I did Sometimes I get so dedicated to my plan that I let relationships fall by the wayside, so it's something I have to actively try to work on. (I force myself to make plans with friends and family early on in the month and look at the schedule and plan my workouts, eating plans, etc. around that--good practice for maintenance, right??) But today and tomorrow I will get a good workout in and everything will be cool.
Oh...and the freak 2.5 lb bump from earlier this week FINALLY went away. I think I'm at the same weight this morning that I was at before the bump, but hey. I'm still down over 6 pounds in two weeks, so I can't complain.
Happy Saturday everyone! Have a great weekend.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Relosers! I am back from my trip. I am feeling much more recovered from the gallbladder & hernia surgeries. I still have to be careful about rich and spicy foods. I've made my plan for the day & got my journal out to cary on.

I had a wonderful visit with DS/DIL/GS!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be back to catch up.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #463  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hi Friends!

Kristen - Hmmmm...so, is late good or bad? I'm not certain if I should celebrate or commiserate with you.
dgramie - Congrats on your loss!
Dianne - I totally understand. My job and family life can get very stressful. After dealing with it, I find that I have nothing left for me. The only thing that works for me is to plan, plan, plan and put myself on auto pilot.
Mandy - that is wonderful news! I'm sure the cats enjoyed the day, too.
Beverly - so good to "see" you again, lady!
Big Hello's to Soon2BHealthy, Penguin, Caroline, Heather and all!

I woke up thinking I was cleaning house today. But, the sun was out, the weather was in the lower 60's and Hubby asked if I still wanted to head out to the American Craft Council Show. Of course, I dropped everything and we went and enjoyed ourselves. We saw some incredibly beautiful things made by some incredibly gifted artisans. Everything was quite pricey, though, so nothing came home with me. LOL! I was quite proud of myself. I packed my back full of my on-plan foods and drank a ton of water while we were out. This planning ahead stuff works!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan weekend.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-10-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #464  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BEVERLYJOY ~ welcome back; glad your feeling better, and you had a good time with your family!

HEATHER ~ yes, family is important too; too bad there's not enuff time for both.

MANDY ~ all that new found money is great, isn't it? The best kind!

RHONDA ~ all that walking is good for you too.

We're having a good weekend here; food is good; exercise is good. We've had a lot more ***** falling but the temps are starting to rise again and they are expecting again next week with warmer temps too. Don't mind that one bit.

Have a super Sunday, everyone. Gonna go and do some reading now -- night ...
Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #465  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

66* here. Its supposed to rain all next week also! Don't forget to turn those clocks forward tonight!

Yesterday, I did 50min of cardio. Hubby and I got a bunch of errands done today, but left time to take April for a walk this afternoon, so we get to do the rest of the errands tomorrow after church.
Closed Thread