Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I've been lurking - it sounds like everyone is doing well. I just want to say this to Mrs. Tee - I was in JC Penneys today - November 8th, and trees are up and Christmas music was playing. This is ridiculous.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Lin
Old 11-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #122  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Haha. Lin your so funny to mention that. My husband keeps asking me when are you putting the tree up? I'm like ummm not now. It's too soon. Can we please enjoy Thanksgiving.. haha..

Becca thanks for the kind words. I'm a daily weigher and I'm super excited because I've made it under two, but I only count my Thurs weigh ins so... lets hope its still a loss tomorrow.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far! I have to get this diaper cake done, so I'll probably be MIA until tonight some time.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #123  
Made of Starstuff

Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday!

Well, I'm alone until Saturday night. The good: Sometimes it's fun to be alone and do whatever! The bad: I must avoid the take-out tempting monster.

I'm having a great day so far. Hope everyone else is, too
Old 11-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #124  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning! I am so stinking excited this morning. I weighed in at 287.6. I have lost 26 pounds!! Woot. I got a really great clearance deal on some Lane Bryant trousers ($5/pair) when I first started a plan, I ordered them one size smaller. Tried to wear a pair this morning, nope, they are falling down my butt. YAY for clothes that are too big, been about 10 years since I've had that problem.

Lovely - I hope you slay that monster!

Sassy - yay for new lows, I hope your official WI confirms! Either way, you're rockin it. You stay excited! I love diaper cakes, I've never made one, but I think they are so cute.

Martini - so sorry it's been such a tough week. I hope you're having a better day. Sometimes all you can do is just keep plugging away. And then suddenly, things are a little better.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #125  

Rach it sound like your super excited and you have every right to be. I can't wait tosay my clothes are too big.. I'm nervous about it because I don't have money to buy any news one, but who cares right!! Congrats on the weight loss. 26 pounds is awesome!! I love diaper cakes too. I love to make them. I'll post a pic when I'm done. This ones turning out hard because they don't know what they are having so I had to choose my own colors.. I hate doing that!

Martini Sorry your in a rut. I hope you get through it soon. I know you can do it! You have done great so far!!

Lovely oh I love days that I get to be alone especially for a few days. I haven't had that in a few years, but I do love it. Celebrate who you are now and don't cave into the take out. Get yourself a big veggie and salsa platter..

Well, as for me I am down 4 pounds this week. I'm super excited because that's 14 in a month. It probably could of been more if I didn't just blow the first week. Owell, I'm in this to the end so it doesn't matter.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. I have to finish the cake. I was so lazy yesterday and only worked on it for an hour so I have more to do and it has to be done today since I work all weekend. Talk to everyone soon!!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #126  

Morning all,

A bit like Martini I have nothing fab to report, I am back on plan and can report a 1.6 kilo loss this weigh in - which has to be spread over the past three weeks I suppose, but I am continuing the downward trend...

Hi Lin - how'd the maintenance type thinking going? I know you said you are happy to have a trial run of maintenance at your current weight?

Rachel - I too tried on a frock I have been waiting to fit into, and its a sack - far too big. Very nice feeling.....Hooray for us!!!!
Also Helps to keep me motivated as I too Martini have found the 260s and 250s tough going. Or perhaps its the six month blues, but either way I had three weeks of de-motivated thinking....

I have decided to take the family back to New South Wales ( different state) for Xmas, so that is a good motivation to try to shift another 5 kilos or so...

Everyone here - keep up your good work OR come one!!!! Get back on that horse - think how MARVELOUS it will feel to be another few pounds and inches trimmer by Xmas and the New Year!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #127  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Lol I got confused when you guys were talking to Rachel at first because that's my real name and I didn't remember telling you that....plus I had no idea what you were talking about. I figured it out though...Hi rachaelm!

Well, I thought I was doing really well...and then I stepped on the scale yesterday and I was my highest weight EVER. 255. I got really upset....I don't understand it. I was sticking to my plan....I wasn't eating too much (I'm almost anal about measuring and counting everything...so I know I didn't miss anything)....I was exercising. It's almost like my body is telling me "this is never going to happen".....which is not cool at all. I KNOW that I can do this...I just don't know why I'm having so much trouble getting started again. Do i have to eat less this time around then I did last time or something? That's the only explanation I can think of....that I somehow messed up my metabolism last time. idk...
Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #128  

Martini great job breaking through. Im so happy for you. You knew what you were doing and it paid off. I hope by Sunday you loose a couple more or at least stay there right? Yay for you!!

Divine you can do this. What Martini says makes sense. You just have to trust in your body and know that you are doing great. Just a question do your drinks have allot of calories? Is there anywhere you might be forgetting to count? The first week I started I had a big surprise when I looked up my Lattes. Yikes.. so now I don't drink those anymore. So I wish you luck and I know you can do this. Your picture is so beautiful by the way. Stay in touch! We want to here whats going on with you.

Ok Weekend time. I'm back to work. I got the Diaper cake done for a baby shower I'm going to tomorrow. I like baby showers, but I'm worried how my eating is going to take affect. I was thinking about making a veggie platter so I can curb my eating. Thank goodness it's only 2 hours long, but there will be stress there. My SIL is going to be there and we are NOT on good terms right now. So I need to keep my goal in mind and just ignore her. Blah.. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm sure I'll be back tomorow morning to check in with you guys..
Old 11-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #129  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Everyone!

Martini
- Soooo close to those 250s officially! That's so exciting!

Divine - I wouldn't let the one reading of 255 keep you down. Just as an example: The other day I saw 271 on the scale. This morning it was 277. Sometimes our bodies hold onto weight. Sure enough, a few days from now it'll be back down, again.

Don't allow the scale to take away those good feelings. You've been tracking your food, yes? Paying attention, yes? Then let it run it's course. Keep paying attention. Wait another week. You might be surprised at what your body does with a couple of weeks on plan.

MrsT
- Downward is downward. No matter what the pace

Sassy
- Good luck at the baby shower! I think a veggie platter sounds like a great idea. And hopefully everyone will be civil with each other.

Rachaelm
- Yay for loose clothing!

I'm having a pretty good time. Staying within my points. Have not ordered any take out junk. Just one more night.

I'm baking up some butternut squash, carrots and parsnips with a little maple syrup. It's cooking and smells so nice!

Here's to a nice weekend, everyone
Old 11-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #130  

Agreed, Divine - if you can honestly with your hand on your heart I am doing everything on plan - then it all WILL show on the scale and in clothes very shortly. Just hold tight on plan, and you'll reap the benefits. You might be gaining a bit of muscle too which can slow the scale down, but tends to change your shape.

I am getting to a watershed time in my plan - not much to wear!!!! I have lost enough weight that all of my OLD clothes now just hang and look a bit daft. I know what my Christmas list is going to be!!!
Trick will be not to do the same thing again ( get lots of nice smaller clothes) then regain so that they don't fit, and they become members of Mrs Tee's amazing all-size hanging clothes displays that she has owns but does not actually wear....
Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #131  

Height: 5'6

RAARRRR Stupid "aunt Flow messing with my weight loss! Lady needs to leave me alone! lol!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #132  

Height: 5'6

So i feel like going on a rant, who's with me?! I started this at 324 lbs (UGH! Why did I do that to myself?!) I am at 284lbs only TEN away from 50 lbs gone!! Things I have noticed so far, Before I could not squat with out falling over landing on my big butt cushion. Now I can squat and hold myself there! it is amazing who would have thought! Also I can now fit into a size 20!! I was in a size 26 so that's huge! As well as it has gotten easier to shave my legs and under arms i dont have to move around the cub as much to get to the hard to reach spots! You dont even want to know how long some of that hair had gotten!! My rings are sooo lose I work at a grocery store and i am afraid am going to lose a ring in a bag! bracelets! They are lose! When i bought these suckers they were tight and left rings on my wrist now my hubby ideally moves them around while we cuddle! OH and we bought a smaller bed! We had a cali. king, we went on a vaca and had to book a room with a twin and slept fine in it so now we got a queen!! And there is room for the dog even! (dog id a choco lab, so big! lol and husband was the same weight as me 324 now he is in the 250s!) Do i miss sugar, nah, do i miss bread or fruit, not anymore. I really dont miss the 40 extra lbs.! Also I have been on my face book I have been 100 % honest with friends and family about my weight something I thought I would never do. It was hard and it took swallowing a lot of pride but they know everything 100% of the way. its my way of not being able to go back. Last time I dieted I did not tell a soul that way if I messed up or fell off the chuck wagon no one would know. NOW I have asked them to hold me accountable. They have been more then happy too! Even my brother who was as over weight as me and had a lot of medical issues has picked up losing weight! and he is getting so much healthier, I dont know if I am part of why he is doing it and I don't care I am just glad to see him doing it! I was very worried about him and so was his wife. Wow sorry this went on forever but I just felt like going on a ramble.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #133  
Made of Starstuff

Rebecca - Thanks for the rant! Sincerely! Sometimes we just have a bunch of things we have to get out of our system. It's good to share them

Martini
- Hoping with you for your "firmly in the 50's" weigh-in Oddly enough my body decided to do the opposite this week, and this morning I saw 283.5. HOWEVER, instead of getting mopey about it (like sometimes, admittedly, it might do to me), it's made me rather determined to just stick to healthier plans today. So far so good! I don't want to be seeing these numbers... and I'm not sure WHY my scale is showing them to me, but it doesn't matter. I just need to stick to my guns.

I've been right there dithering (love that word) around, and this is the firm slap on the butt I need.

I'm still here... I'm still here... I'm still here...

And everyone else is still here, too!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #134  

Hi guys!! How did your Saturday go? I was super busy so didn't even get a chance to get on here, but I sure am glad it's Sunday. I am super tired and my son always wants to get up so ealy so here I am only 4 hours after I've gone to bed and I need coffee!!
Well, I went to a Baby Shower yesterday. It was so nice to meet all my cousin in laws wifes family. She is the sweetest girl and I'm so happy they are having a baby. And I'm happy to say I only drank some of their punch they had there. I didn't eat one bite of food. It was hard since my Mom was like scarfing down all the food they had and she even kept telling me you should have some it's not that bad.. (No wonder I'm fat) I went home proud of myself and with my head held high. I'm super excited for that.. Work was also awesome y esterday. I must of been having a great hair day because I had like 8 people tell me how good my hair looked. Love those days don't you!

Martini great job on the weigh in. You are well on your weigh. (hehe) I agree with the time that is lost with us living our weight. I'm afraid I still do that a little. I get made fun of allot. I work at a grocery store too Becca and at least once a week or so I'll get a customer that snickers at me (usually teens or guys) or will say something to the other person about my weight and it makes me feel very insecure and not want to be happy. I am a very happy person, but that can really ruin a persons mood ya know.

Lovely I agree I love your posts too and I know that you will get past this and your body will start moving in the right direction.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Well, I'm out of the 300s, so I'm joining you chicks over here! I hope to say goodbye to 300 forever and work to onederland!
Closed Thread