Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #46  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

I'm here!!!! Yay! I'm so excited. I don't think I've been below 300 since my son was born, and his 5th birthday is next week!!!

Now I'm working to onderland.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #47  
Made of Starstuff

Hey everyone =)

Rachaelm - Congrats on getting down into the 200's!!! Hurray!

Hillary - LOVE that you're sticking with it!

Silent - You already do so much movement. I only aim to one day get to that much.

& Everyone -

Coffee was mentioned. Mmm... coffee. I admit that I go slumming when it comes to coffee. That's right. Instant. I make it at home. I add in some almond milk and splenda. Anything beyond that is too fancy and (at shops) too expensive.

It's 1 Point. And it's coffee. So I guess I'm not too picky.

My thing is that I've been thinking a lot about sugar and processed foods. I am going through a phase right now where I am being immensely lazy. And it's so much easier to just get a serving of whatever happens to be easiest... than it is to make something.

I don't even know that I want to beat myself up so much as long as I'm paying attention to my food and exercising. *shrug*
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #48  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Good morning guys!!! I hope all is having a great day so far. My weigh in did not go too great since I am at the same weight, but it hasn't even been a week since I started so I will not beat myself up for it or quite like I would normally do. I really need this to stick and I reallly need to make this a lifestyle change before it's too late. As of now I don't have too many health problems. No high blood pressure, no diabetes, just chronic feet, ankle, and back pain. Which I know has allot to do with my weight. So I need to make this change and be happy about it. I think that is why I'm trying to find a way to lose weight by modifying what I allready eat to a healthier version so that I don't feel deprived and want to stick with this new plan.. We'll see how work goes. I'm a manager at a grocery store Fri Sat and Sundays and this is my hardest part of my week because all the delicious food is at my fingertips and I mess up allot.. Plus I have a Starbucks in my store. NOT NICE!!!

Dj Thanks for the coffee ideas I will definetely be trying some new things to make my coffee a lower calorie option.

Silent Congrats on your weigh in that's awesome!!! I'm not sure I can quit coffee just yet since I am till dealing with quiting my soda. Maybe an option later on.

Zink Congrats on the weigh in!!

Miz a crepe station really???? I cannot believe that! Not NiCE just like the Starbucks in my store, but I think I would find myself at the crepe station more.. Sorry I hope your able to fight that temptation.

TW Great Job on the excersising 3 days a week. That's just awesome. I heard the YMCA has a great day care. I understand what you mean about your kiddo not getting enough sleep. My son is 3 and if he doesn't get at least 14 hours a day (nap and sleep at night) he is a monster and we want to kill him. So that is a hard one.

Hillary I definetely get the whole quiting 2-3 weeks in. I'm the same way. If I'm not seeing the results I want or just am plain too sick of it than I'm quitting so good for you going for a month strong. That is an accomplishment. Stuck like glue reminds me of one of my favorite songs from Sugerland have you heard it? "Stuck Like Glue" Love that song..

Rachael wooohhooooo making it under 300 that's awesome!! I hope to join you soon!

Lovely Your so funny "slumming" when it comes to your coffee. I have instant at the house too and I shoul be using that instead. It's cheaper and probably taste just the same if I made it right..

Ok I have a busy day taking my son to the Dr. for his 3 year check up and then tonight dinner at my parents house! Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check in tonight!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #49  
Striving to be better

S/C/G: 313/218/160

Racheal...good for you keep it up.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

sassy - Trust me I haven't quit coffee I just take most of the sugar out of it. Small changes are good... A medium instead of a large, 2% or Skim replace full cream etc... every change makes a difference. I love latte's too. I'm lucky there is no starbucks/second cup/tim hortons anywhere near me.

Lovely you are sweet - I aim to eat as healthfully as you. I think we all have strengths i like to "bust a move" my gals at my aerobics class say I am dancing all the time. I make it fun, also I want to be powerful, I have to kick it up a notch though I'm going on a trip in june that is going to require a greater fitness level. That is why I'm starting to stress out a little bit about my current activity level/capabilities.

djs - Thanks I call it two-town. LOL

Not so close to 300 today, was 308 then 306 later in the morning when I finally got up for real (i stayed home this AM and slept more trying to fight off a sore throat!

Probably due to the tomatoes I used in my curry last night they were canned with water and i can tast the salt. Also I ate a "lot" not a "lot" by my old standards, I made curry w/ 1 can tomatoes, 1 can beans, 1 onion, and some leftover cauliflower that needed to be cooked or thrown. I had a serving, but I had 2 peices of brown bread w/ it and then I had brown bread and peanut butter for desert. :-| Oh well...

Roomie had a serving and I'm having th rest of the curry for lunch.

the 306 makes me happy though. that the numbers are consistently below 310 is making me ecstatic
Old 10-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #51  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Hey, I'm in southeast MI- and I visited your beautiful part of the state for the first time this summer- OMG, I want to move there.
I'm near the Gaylord area. I love it here. We have beautiful weather 80% of the year. That other 20% I'm cursing the lake effect snow. Traverse City is only an hour away if I want some city feel. I would love a new friend if you ever move this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryspeppy View Post
Coffee is a big destresser for me and it helps me.
I find myself buying a fancy coffee every morning that I volunteer at the kids school. It helps keep me calm when I am ready to throttle the bratty kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
My thing is that I've been thinking a lot about sugar and processed foods. I am going through a phase right now where I am being immensely lazy. And it's so much easier to just get a serving of whatever happens to be easiest... than it is to make something.
I can completely understand this. Frozen dinners, canned soup, etc. They are already cooked, portioned out, all the nutrition info is right at hand. Are they the healthiest? Probably not. But I think for me I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. So portion control it is for now.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #52  

zinke - I know they are so convenient, I am trying to make my own now but its hard, I don't know the exact calorie values :-( I cooked up a bunch of chicken last night let it cool and then froze it in zip locks so I can microwave that with some frozen veggies for "quick" meals but I don't always have time to do that. I miss frozen dinners they are so convenient and tasty but b/c of the salt I invariably feel like crap when I eat them so I've tried to limit them as a very very last resort. Its hard to devlop a routine and menu for me since i don't like to live by a rigid schedule I like to be able to just "go with the flow" being regimented is lonely because I hardly see my friends unless I just spend time with them when THEY have time here and there.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #53  

Thanks for the support everyone. I fell off the wagon (yet again) and I can't even tell you what I've eaten today. It's sooooo hard to keep track of what I eat because I often don't even realize it's going in m mouth.

I think today I had:
A crepe ( I broke down b/c I'm in love with our crepe guy) filled with pumpkin cream, chocolate cake, and strawberries
cucumber slices
a little chicken lo mein (from the caf)
a bowl of cornflakes
hot cider with carmel
fruit snacks
chickem breast
3 steamed potstickers
and a turkey burger with cheddar and ketchup

I'm terrified to put that into my food log.

Sorry to just unload all of this but I just don't know where to start with this weightloss. I feel like I have absolutely no discipline.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #54  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizbisi View Post

Sorry to just unload all of this but I just don't know where to start with this weightloss. I feel like I have absolutely no discipline.
You start by making a better choice at the very next opportunity. Then a better choice at the next one. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

And you remember to not beat yourself up tomorrow about choices that were made today. They are done and over with. Hugs.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #55  

miz - zink has good advice each moment is a new one. Don't dwell on past decisions you can learn from them though, plan ahead is starting to work for me.

martini so good to hear from you. i know what you mean about not being able to wrap my head around the bigger goals. At this point my "goal weight" seems impossible.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #56  

Hey gals, Just a good morning note... still 306.4..

Not bad, I watched what I ate yesterday but I did have a pickle and some laughing cow cheese w/ a littl ebit of baguette as a snack so not perfect. My coworkers want to go for drinks tonight. I can't really afford the calories though... we'll see. I guess I'll have to eat very little today and tomorrow to account for potential drinking. Hard part is saturday... I find it hard not to snack when I am home all day.
But I love these gals.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #57  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

I have been watching Oprahs life class on the OWN network and she said something last night that really hit home.. she said something to the effect of "if your waiting on someone to do it for you, to save you or even help you- know that YOU and only YOU alone can change your life." I have had really rough days and havent done what needed to be done this week but i know that I have to take responsibilty for this body, for the mistreatment I have put it through and also for the healing that I am striving for...

I hope everyone has had a good week!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #58  

Hi guys and good morning. Getting ready to take my little man to the park, but wanted to touch base with everyone and say HI and I hope you guys have a great day and night. I have to work until 1am so I'll be gone most of the night. Maybe I'll get on when I get home but probably not. So I had dinner with my Mom and Dad last night at their house and went out to lunch with my sis yesterday. Not a good day, but I am starting to realize that my family has a big part to play in me trying to lose weight and me becoming as big as I have gotten. I tell my sister all the time (everyday since she eats out everyday) No I don't want to go I'm trying to watch what I eat. I tell her everyday even yesterday. So she meets me at my son's drs appointment and is like so are we going to rubios? Awww..I can't believe she can't support me. And she is a big girl too bigger than me. I have tried so hard to get her to lose weight with me, but I feel like she is not ready. I wish she was because I need a partner in this so bad and what better partner than my sis ya know.. So what ya going to do..
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #59  

Miz-- Just put it in the past and move on. Get back on that wagon. Your doing great and noone can do it perfectly it just doesn't exist. ya know. You can do this and we will be here to support you.

Martina-- Wow, sucks that the "herbal" pills did that to you. Glad you realized it and are back in action. And I think it's great that you maintained. That's half the battle or I heard a harder battle than loosing it. I feer that when I get to goal or loose a significant amount of weight I won't be able to keep it off ya know. So great Job!!

Silent-- I hope you have fun tonight. Good idea cutting some calories during the day so you can have fun tonight.

Kellie-- I didn't even know she had a show like that. Is it on netflix or hulu plus? I have those but no cable so I'm hoping I can start watching it. Seems like theres some good stuff there to learn.

Have a good rest of the day everyone!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Closed Thread