Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #256  
Leaving my other half!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! I'm dropping in from the 230/220's thread. I'm now at 218 lbs which is a total loss of 67 pounds so far !

Some of my progress:

Old 12-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm new!

Hello All,

I just wanted to quickly introduce myself and I'm hoping you don't mind if I join in on your thread.

Starting today, I'm getting back into eating well and exercising. I'm bigger than I've ever been at 265 lbs and I need to lose weight for so many reasons. I feel terrible about how I look, I want to be more in shape for physical activities that I love, I am worried about possible health problems in the future, ect...

The thinnest I've ever been was in the 190's in college. I actually lost weight to get there; I must have started college around 220 lbs. In October 2009, I weighed 232 lbs so I gained over 30 lbs in 15 months! I got married in June 2010 and I think after all the stress of planning a wedding, I just wanted to relax and eat!

So, here I am. Wow, that got long! My first mini-goal is to weigh 250 by the time I go on a cruise on March 16th. So that is about 12 weeks to lose 15 lbs. I know I can do it!!!

Last edited by Underwater; 12-25-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #258  
Leaving my other half!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Hello All,

I just wanted to quickly introduce myself and I'm hoping you don't mind if I join in on your thread.

Starting today, I'm getting back into eating well and exercising. I'm bigger than I've ever been at 265 lbs and I need to lose weight for so many reasons. I feel terrible about how I look, I want to be more in shape for physical activities that I love, I am worried about possible health problems in the future, ect...

The thinnest I've ever been was in the 190's in college. I actually lost weight to get there; I must have started college around 220 lbs. In October 2009, I weighed 232 lbs so I gained over 30 lbs in 15 months! I got married in June 2010 and I think after all the stress of planning a wedding, I just wanted to relax and eat!

So, here I am. Wow, that got long! My first mini-goal is to weigh 250 by the time I go on a cruise on March 16th. So that is about 12 weeks to lose 15 lbs. I know I can do it!!!

Welcome! and good luck, you can do it!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #259  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Case of late-night wakefulness...can't seem to turn off my brain. I'm in a funk, blaming everything wrong in my life on my state of fatness. Bad old habit and bad old messages. Wish I could surgically remove that old wiring!

My untrue beliefs about not deserving to be happy because I'm flawed are really messing with me. I used to drown my sorrows in food, but that doesn't feel good any more. I don't exactly have a replacement in place yet, so I'm stuck in an agitated state. I can usually make a plan or find a solution to a problem and then go back to sleep, but that's not happening for me tonight.

I think I miss feeling safe in my marriage. In truth, I wasn't, but I didn't really know that till the end. I miss feeling safe.

And maybe that's why I am stuck with the weight loss effort. Even if I was thin, I wasn't going to feel truly safe. I have to find feeling safe for myself as a single middle-aged woman. I have to have confidence in myself, that I can take care of myself and my sons on my own. I don't know how to do that yet. Logic is one thing, feelings are another!

Being fat still helps me feel safe. Safe from being with the wrong person. Obviously, I have more inner work to do.

Thanks for listening!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #260  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone.. I am so glad the holiday is over. I had such a busy weekend and have maintained for a few weeks now and I need to get back on track. How is everyone doing? Ms T yay you made your christmas goal. I did not. I made the first goal I set, but I lowered the number and did not make that goal. I just got too overwhelmed with it. Georgia hope your doing well and everyone else. I'm glad things are going to be getting back to normal. Welcome to all the newbies!! I'll be checking in a little later.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 300+/265/180

Height: 5'8

Hello everbody, I am new. I happened to stumble upon this site and all the great success stories, so I joined last night. I am working for onederland! Last summer I got up to my highest weight ever 300+ (not even sure how high in the 300s probably 304-306, I had a meltdown and refused to look). My goal is to weigh 180 but I will take anything 199 or less. LOL. I am 45 and am 5'8. As of Christmas Eve I weigh 265, so I am on my way but it's tough!!! Look forward to posting here and getting some support.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #262  
Renaissance Woman

It's so nice to have all the newbies here! Welcome everyone!

And I'm so happy to see so much success here in our little group! You're inspiring! Enjoy the fruit of your progress! You rock!

Everybody ready for the post-holiday "I-can't-believe-what-I-ate!" blues? I am ready to go through my house and clear out all the off-plan foods from the house. Sassy, I want to get back to normal too!

Santa brought me a new BodyMedia Core Armband, so it's charged and ready to use. I used to have a GoWearFit armband, but I lost it in the move two years ago. They're actually on sale via their website this week, about $50 off.

I'm in a much better mood now from the other night. Post-holiday moping. The holidays are so family or couple oriented, so when I get caught up in the sentiment and the hype, I start feeling sorry for myself. But then I have to be grateful for that, because I don't sit and stew in it for very long. I usually find a way out and get motivated to do something good...

...like come up with my New Year's resolutions! Yes, multiple resolutions. I'm ADD and can't concentrate on just the one! This year, I resolve to accomplish one of them. With regards to why I'm here at 3FC, I resolve to lose and keep off 25 to 35 lbs this year. I know, that's just 2 to 3 lbs a month. I really would love to lose the 2-3 lbs per week, or even just the 1, but realistically, that doesn't happen for me. So I'm shooting for an achievable goal, and when I get there, I'll be less than 100 lbs overweight. Finally!

Martini, I totally get the diet-funk thing! I've been bouncing up and down in a 10 lb range and it's frustrating! The most recent low was 295 lbs. This morning I'm back up to 299. I am considering putting the scale away for the week. With the new armband, I'd love to concentrate more on calories in and calories burned. More attention to the effort rather than the scale victories (or failures). I'm turning 51 in a little over a month and I want to be in a size 22 or less so I can get new clothes for the spring and summer months. I'm also going to Scotland in June. It would be nice to be in a size 20 by then!

My big health-related resolutions are to stick with the veggie-rich Paleolithic diet, keep caloric intake under 1700 and to exercise 2 hours a day, six days a week. Plus stay on top of my vitamin regimen. Making sure I get all the proper micronutrients seems to help me from getting ridiculously hungry most effectively and I can exercise more too.

So, starting the day off right...checking in with the support group - DONE!
Coffee is next on the list!

Hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #263  

For the longest time I teetered on the 250 mark, big but my clothes fit, I felt "ok" with myself, and even my doctor said I carried the weight so well she was surprised at my BMI number. Then it seemed oneday I went to sleep and woke up almost 50 lbs heavier. I constantly keep expecting to wake up and it to have melted off in the same magically way it appeared

I'm dreaming, I know.

Our gym may have been closed the last few days, but my body would think otherwise. Hubby and I went away, checking out some hot christmas spots. So that ment climbing up steep hills to the top of a waterfall, and walking around various tourist town (in the mountains, IE HILLS!!). Ugh I'm out of shape, and pooped !!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutesl View Post
For the longest time I teetered on the 250 mark, big but my clothes fit, I felt "ok" with myself, and even my doctor said I carried the weight so well she was surprised at my BMI number. Then it seemed oneday I went to sleep and woke up almost 50 lbs heavier. I constantly keep expecting to wake up and it to have melted off in the same magically way it appeared
Funny you should say that because a similar thing happened to me. How can I go from weighing 230 to 265 in the same pair of jeans???
Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #265  
Renaissance Woman

Martini, just had to respond to your question. I have HUGE problems with balancing life and the health efforts. I hope it gets easier when we hit maintenance or I'm never going to get to do anything I really want to do. I don't want my whole life to be about my weight issues and getting past my childhood and one bad marriage.

But for now, that's where my whole effort seems to go to. I feel guilty that I'm not a better and more effective parent. I feel guilty that I can't finish school and get a job to support myself. I feel guilty that I can't be an organized person and have a clean house and everything else all at once. I feel guilty that I am not so thick-skinned that I can put up with any crap my mother dishes out and still take care of her and help her become a good person and have a happy life that I helped her create for herself. Yeah, I know. And that's the short list!

So, for now, I guess I have to accept that I can't do everything. My top priority has to be taking care of me first, because I won't be able to do anything else without my participation. I want to be healthy and DONE with being fat FOREVER! Because I don't want that definining or limiting anything else I do any longer.

Everyday I prioritize what I need to get done that day. I don't like feeling like I'm playing catch up all the time, but the truth is, that's the way it is most of the time. I cut out what I don't really need to do, delegate what I can to the boys, let some thing slide sometimes, and accomplish one thing completely. That's the hardest one some days!

And I try to exercise some compassion for myself. Otherwise, I'd be frustrated with myself all the time! I wish I could get a lot more done and lose weight. But I guess there are a lot of unmotivated, unaccomplished thin people on the planet too. You can't tell me all thin people get everything done!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #266  

Georgia you couldn't of said it better. I know exactly what you mean. I was just telling my husband this because I told him I can't focus on everything. I just have to focus on me right now. It came up because he asked why I went off my diet during Christmas and I didn't really know why I just realized that I was having a hard time focusing on both. I wish I wasn't like this and now I've gained a few pounds back and I'm feeling bad about it ya know.

I know we can get this though. We just have to get to maintance and maybe it will get easier ya know.

Well, the last few days I have been trying to get back on track but haven't done it. I haven't been able to get onto the site because of an error message I finally downloaded firefox and it seems to have fixed everything. yaya.. I'm back!! So I hope everyone is doing great and ready to start this new year off good! This WILL be the last year I am fat!!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #267  

Hi just wanted to say welcome. I haven't been able to get onto the site for the last few days because of technical issues. I'm glad your here!! I here ya on expecting to wake up and the weight be gone. My last 40 or 50 pounds that I put on just seemed to happen. Not sure what happened there. But we can take this weight off. Your doing great so far!! Coming to this site has helped me allot. In fact the few days I couldn't come here really threw me for a loop.. Hope to here from you often! See you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutesl View Post

I'm dreaming, I know.

Our gym may have been closed the last few days, but my body would think otherwise. Hubby and I went away, checking out some hot christmas spots. So that ment climbing up steep hills to the top of a waterfall, and walking around various tourist town (in the mountains, IE HILLS!!). Ugh I'm out of shape, and pooped !!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #268  
Renaissance Woman

I was thinking back to my last big weight gain. About 50lbs. within two years, right after I discovered X's extra-marital activities. Kept it on for almost five years, then took three years to take it all off. Now I'm just working on getting off the extra 120lbs. I gained since I met X.

Today I've been playing with my new Body Media Core armband device. It's fun for me. I easily get lost in the technology. But the device isn't truly accurate. I was on the rowing machine for 20 minutes. The Core only tracked four minutes of that activity at a higher heartrate, but I know I was working it harder than that. It said I worked harder hauling laundry and putting it away than the rowing. But a big benefit of using the device is that if I track calories in vs. calories out (despite the inaccuracy), I can be aware when I eat more than expended and can do something about it. I'm finding myself on the rower more often and I'm motivated to exercise more or eat less.

Still, bloodsugar dropped a lot before lunch and I found myself attacking turkey leftovers with wild abandon. Then the baked sweet potatoes, two of them. Then I picked a couple oranges off my tree and ate those (sour!), then I found some greens...and then I just had to leave the room! I knew if I stayed in the kitchen much longer, off plan foods were going to start calling to me.

Okay, I've got to go burn more calories in the laundry room!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #269  

yeh Martini you might want to call the Dr. Could it be that your on your 3rd day of not smoking too? I've never had to quit smoking so I'm not sure how it feels. I hope you feel better very soon though and good for you making it 3 days. You can do this!! Call your Dr.

Im up a pound today so blah!! But I knew it was coming. I have not been behaving when it comes to eating. I do good for breakfast and then I just forget about the whole thing as the day goes by. So today I'm going to try and do better!!

Last edited by sassyangies; 12-29-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: edit
Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

hey guys,

no internet @ home right now modem broke and i just don't have time to deal with the ISP during working hours (they are open same hours as my work {actually LESS hours lol} (have to run the modem in etc etc) at the moment so that's why i'm completely absent.

also puppy sitting.

The exercise is non existant and food choices have been questionable i'm pretty much stuck in maintenance, around the 307 to 312 range. hope once I am puppy free to kick the workouts back up to HIIT training. i am walking but its just not cutting it compared to my usual active lifestyle (of walking AND 3x a week HIIT training). I feel like I'm being super lazy!

It is Minus 55 with the windchill so while I do my best, an hour walk is pushing it even wrapped up in all the wintergear I can get my hands on.

Ah well... hopefully I do better in the new year?

Miss you all!
M.A.
Closed Thread