Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

MrsTee - Hope things turn around for you soon.

Oye I fell at curling we will see how that affects my weekend plans!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #167  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick note to tell everyone I will be MIA for a couple of days. What I thought was a small cold has turned into Pnemonia (sp) So it's bed rest for me and nothing else. I will be back though when I get better. Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #168  

Thanks for the good vibes, got the job so am feeling better - and the nice thing is they ( new work mates ) will never have seen me the seventy six pounds heavier - which is kinda nice too!!!

I hit the two forties this week, which is also terrific - just under 3 kilos to go for my Xmas goal set back on 1st May so I now must commit to a big push to meet that after the disruption of the last couple of weeks.

Interesting that I was so stressed I didn't eat much, was just too churned up - wonder is that how thin people feel......??????
Old 11-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I can't wait to weigh in on Dec 2nd! (I do weekly weigh ins.)
Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #170  

Hang in there Martini, its tough work job hunting, but things pop up when you least expect it - I have taken a position that is less than perfect, longer hours, further away, will put an extra strain on the family, no doubt - but no where near as much stress as no work!!

My stress levels where very high, that high pumping adrenalin " fight or flight" type feelings, and that is the ONLY times in the universe I can't eat. Every other emotion known to man can draw me into the pantry.....

So, everyone - enough about me, how's everyone going???????

What are our strategies for surviving the festivities? I have made such a difference in my life in these last 7 months, I cannot let this de-rail me, as another 3fc chick said, Christmas is a meal not a month!!!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #171  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Hey gang!!! I survived thanksgiving now I have to survive Christmas with all the cookies, brownies, and christmas dinner. I am still losing and working my way to 100 lbs total loss.
Hope everyone is doing ok.

Lynn
Old 11-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #172  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm having issues access this website again. Anybody else? I've tried to post a few times. If this makes it through, I'll be surprised.

Mrs. T, I had a few words of encouragement for you, but you've already worked things out. I'm happy for you!

I am in a crappy mood today. Don't know why. Holiday was great, but a friend thinks I'm experiencing some post-holiday letdown. It may be menopausal emotions...been crying at the coffee commercials on TV. I'm staying out of the kitchen so I don't work this all out the traditional way, with overeating. Staying in my pajamas too, so I don't go out for fast food either. I keep going over old issues with my mother or the X. I don't ever speak to either one now, but the old painful memories are really getting to me lately. Maybe it is the holidays.

And then there's the total lack of progress with the weight loss. I got down to 295 just before the holiday, didn't overeat at all (I was so proud of myself!), then have bounced back to 299 today. I think seeing what the scale had to show me today was just another frustration with the way my body lets me lose weight.

It may be time for me to push myself really hard for the next few months. I have a weight loss deadline I need to keep. I have to be under 200 lbs by Feb 2013. That's when I have to find a new health insurance carrier. At my current rate of weight loss, I might make it, but I don't have a lot of confidence in that. I really believe that once the weight comes off, I can keep it off, but I want some breathing room at the other end of this weight loss road so I can settle in to maintenance.

I'm considering adding to my workout routine. Not sure how just yet, but I'm thinking about a new challenge.

I'm really rockin' the Paleolithic food now. For Thanksgiving, I did indulge a little with dairy, wheat and sugar, but not much. And yet, I felt lethargic and had some intestinal issues after eating the pies (yes, that was plural, pieS), so I'm back to strictly Paleo and I like it. I can't believe I'm off cheese! Really! And now it's winter greens season here, so I've already been buying dandelion greens, kale and spinach.

I'm eating well. But maybe still too much. Too much fats. Still. I'm going to start eating my salads without olive oil, I think. Can't give up the avocados and almonds yet. But the butter is finally out! I don't even have any in the house.

Okay, chatting with you all helps me feel better. Thanks for listening!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #173  

Hi Georgia - nice to see you! You're Paleo diet really agrees with you doesn't it, I know I feel a lot better just not eating processed crap, I used to be ready to collapse around 4pm every day. Too much sugar at lunch or afternoon tea.

Why do you have to find a new health insurer? Its a very different system in the states to here. We just sign up! No health checks etc, but its also expensive ( I think).
Old 11-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #174  
Renaissance Woman

It's a divorce issue, T. I had full corporate health coverage when married, but when divorced, I will only be able to enjoy that for three years. If I weigh more than just the overweight distinction (which for me is at 200 lbs), then I have to pay really high premiums to get covered. If I weigh as much as I weigh now, I may not be able to get any health insurance coverage at all. So, the weight MUST come off. When I do seek new insurance, as a self-employed individual, retaining the same level of coverage will be more costly. It's so complicated! I need to do some reading on the subject.

Yes, eating clean was the first step towards going Paleo for me and I felt so much better when I started eating like that. But going Paleo really bumped it up a notch for me. I do have food sensitivites, so eliminating the dairy, grains, legumes and sugar has really helped with inflammation issues in my joints and I just don't retain as much water in my ankles and hands. I sleep better too. No allergies either.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #175  

Hi guys!! I feel so much better and I'm almost back to 100%. I hope everyone had a nice holiday. It sure sounds like you did.
Georgia that's really hard to have to find insurance. I'm sure you can make your goal. I have complete faith in you that you can do it. And we'll all be here to witness it and help you. I have a similar goal in mind too. Not sure of the numbers yet, but last year when we tried to take extra life insurance for me and my husband they declined me because of my weight and we have to re-sign up for insurance in may and I would like to loose as much as I can by then so that maybe we can up the life insurance or try to again.

I am up a pound since thursday my weigh in, but I know it's because I haven't been feeling good and overeating like I shouldn't. I am a little worried because I'm such a habit person and I was doing so good for over a month and when things go wrong I always seem to fall off track gain the weight back and have to start over. I am hoping I can get through this mind set I'm in and keep going. I've been telling myself for 2 days that I'm fine and I'll start tomorrow and that's what always gets me in trouble. So now I'm back to my schedule of coming here in the am with my coffee and then start my day after. Hopefully I can make this work. I'm so glad my son and I are back in good health..
Hope everyone is having a great week...
Old 11-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #176  
Renaissance Woman

Thank you for your support, Sassy. At the moment, I'm relying on the faith you have in me because I'm just not feeling it in myself. Yesterday I had such a good day with diet and exercise, but after 7 pm, I snacked my way up another 700 calories (???!!!!) because I had the munchies. The post-holiday, extra-carbs-and-fats munchies. I've been like that nearly every night since Thanksgiving. I don't know why, but I have got to get on top of this behavior!

I've been reading a book I found online that presents the idea that our metabolic rates are most likely determined by how tall we are rather than how big we are (like how much we weigh). The author says we should be shooting for reducing our calories below our goal-weight RMR in order to lose weight.

I have to say, I believe him, because that's been my experience. I can't even maintain my weight when I eat around 2462 calories, the RMR for my current weight as calculated online on MyPlate.com. The RMR for my goal weight of 165 lb is 1765 calories. And that's the weight at which I seem to maintain even my current weight. I won't even lose weight unless I take in less than that.

I'm shooting for 1265 calories a day now. I've managed to reduce protein and carbs, but I'm still struggling with cutting fats. Sticking to the Paleo diet, for me, helps me a lot with managing the carbs, which helps a lot with managing my insulin levels. I'm really not in any danger of undereating protein. The minimum requirement is 54 gm and I'm getting at least 60 gm. It's those fats! They're so calorie-dense! I've stopped dressing my salad with oil and I'm good with that. But I still cook with too much fat. I keep my meals simple and clean, but the ingredients I use are not lean. I like lamb, the dark meat in poultry, salmon, whole eggs, avocados, almonds, sardines packed in olive oil...and so hard to give them up!

I have argued with myself that I've cleaned up my diet so much that I can afford the added fat. But when I'm shooting for eating under 1765 calories and I still struggle with losing weight, the fat is a problem. There's nothing else to cut.

Okay, I have to get off the computer now...got to hit the rowing machine before work. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #177  

Georgia : Heya, you are doing so well you will figure out how to tweak it and keep going.

Mrs. Tee congrats on the new job you are doing so fabulous.

Lynnie - You are so close to that 100 I am so exited for you.

sassy - I am glad you are feeling better! There is lots of peeps i know lately getting hospitalized for sore throats and pneumonia. Tis the season I guess :-|
Old 11-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #178  

Hi silent! Nice to hear from you , thanks for the good wishes.

Lynnie - keep pushing that 100 mark! You are an inspiration!

Georgia, fats are flavour! Hard to give up. And the evening munchies, tough - low fat jelly is the thing that keeps my sweet tooth at bay, even if it is only artificial flavours and colours....

Sassy, glad you are feeling better, you know I'd recommend you search out Kaplods posts on the starting over mentality, she has some great things to say about changing the way we think about starting over after a failure, mostly that we don't need to, we just continue on... is one smart lady ( with a masters in behavioral psychology I believe)....

Well today I start a few hours at my new job, and there is a certain freedom in knowing they have never seen super fat me. That I am not the formerly really obese woman to them? Does anyone understand that feeling?????????
Old 11-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #179  

Hey ladies, Happy Wednesday! Still coughing but feeling better and better and I'm back to my weigh in weight that I was last Thursday so I'm happy about that. I knew I wouldn't loose a big number tomorrow or none at all because of being sick, but I'm glad to be the same. Yay...

Georgia I understand the munchies big time. It seems like since Thanksgiving I've been the same way. I want the carbs, I want the sweets, and everything else. Plus my hubby's been bringing stuff home and I've been snacking on that which could be dangerous. Last night it was cream cheese muffins. OMgosh it was so good. I feel so guilty today about it though so I'm totally OP today! I know your having a hard time, but just keep juggin on and keep coming on here and talking about it. It will help!

MsTee good luck on your job. I get you totally. It must be refreshing to know you won't be known as that person who lost all the weight. I always feel like people at work are watching what I eat and buy because they know I'v lost just a little bit allready and I could just imagine when I loose a whole bunch what there going to be saying or just watching. Since I work in a grocery store I always feel like I'm being watched. So you'll have to let us know how your first day goes. I hope you like it!!

Martini awesome that you found a job. Yeh it was a balsy move, but you did it because like you said you felt you had no choice and you put your faith in god and now you have a job. That's awesome. And keeping on program, that's awesome!! Good for you!

Well, I hope you guys have a great Wednesday I'm sure I will see you around. I might stop back later!!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #180  

Mrs. Tee - Not sure because I haven't lost enough weight to experience that but I'm glad that its a good feeling for you.

Martini - Congrats on the new job as well :-D

Sassy : you Can keep going Glad you are starting to feel better.
Closed Thread