With so many diet pills and supplements on the market, it’s difficult to know what products that claim to be metabolism boosters are actually efffective, if any. Our metabolism is based on how fast and efficiently our bodies burn the calories we eat every day. A number of factors influence our metabolism including:
- body weight
- sugar and fat intake
- some medical conditions
Foods that Boost Your Metabolism
Before turning to a supplement, consider some natural metabolism boosters such as:
- Green tea
- apple cider vinegar
Choosing a Supplement
Experts agree that when looking for a diet/metabolism pill you should always consider:
- Safety- are there any adverse side effects listed?
- Price – is the result worth the cost per pill?
- Guarantee – does the company stand behind their product result claims?
- Effectiveness – are their reports of effectiveness to support their claims?
Supplement Side Effects
It’s important to note that while some supplements for speeding up your metabolism can be effective, many contain animal thyroid. These products often have unhealthy side effects that include:
- increased heart rate
- excessive sweating
- bulging eyes
Never take a supplement without consulting your physician first.
Natural Ways to Increase Your Metabolism
You can naturally boost your metabolism the following ways:
- eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones, and never skip meals
- exercise daily¬†
- build your muscles, a pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day and a pound of fat burns only 2
- drink plenty of water (8 glasses a day)
- avoid processed sugars and alcohol
- eat unsaturated fats only
- avoid negative calorie foods that offer no nutrients but have calories
- add honey, apple cider vinegar and garlic to your daily diet
The verdict: why spend money on supplements when you can safely boost your metabolism for free!