Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #16  

Like chubbyhubby, I had my surgery on October 19. The day after I developed bronchitis with a a fever, so overall feeling pretty crappy. I stayed overnight in the hospital, per the study protocol and all went well. I feel constantly full and am on a soft food diet until my post op visit next Wednesday. I weighed in at 254 the day of surgery. The main feeling for me right now is uncomfortably full. I don't know how long or to what extent that will continue. Looking forward to feeling better soon.
citizenoftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #17  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Thanks chubby and citizen. Chubby, if you are near San Diego, then you are near Gary (EZ Money). He is extremely supportive.

Citizen, I hope you feel better soon. Bronchitis is no fun even when you aren't recovering from surgery. That coughing must be even more distressful. Did you read Chubby's blog?

I called and left a message with a time for them to call. Needless to say, they didn't call. I called in and got on hold for about a half hour. Someone came on and verified all my contact info and promised to have someone call me soon. Not sure what day or anything. I did give her my cell phone this time and told her that Tues and Thurs are bad. I got called into work on Monday and I'm hoping they will call on Wed when I'm home.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #18  

yeah, I was searching for info prior to my surgery from people that actually went through this and couldn't find anything at all. A lot of corporate stuff and press releases mostly. I hope the disclaimer on the bottom is fine. I don't want any issues with them, I just want to be able to share my experience with others and help people avoid any anxiety prior to their surgery. I'm happy with everything so far and hope others can benefit from my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Blossom View Post
Chubbyhubby,

Thanks for your post and your blog. Funny thing, I couldn't find ANY blogs about this two weeks ago and so I decided to post one myself. I just got it started tonight when I found yours! I have not had the surgery yet, but I have been screened and am waiting for my surgery to be scheduled. I had the barium scan and the psych exam this past week and was told today I would be called by the surgeon within 48 hours. I am in Minneapolis near Enteromedics headquarters and will have the procedure at the University of Minnesota. By the way, you really described the whole selection process, etc. very well on your blog. I was especially impressed with your disclaimer at the bottom (I am a paralegal )

I took my blog down because I still need to learn how to do this (first blog ever) but I will put it back up this week. It will be under Veronica Blossom O'Conner.

Best wishes to all
chubbyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #19  

cbmare, don't worry, I'm sure they will call. I missed an initial phone call as well and left messages in return. Things finally got sorted out and all went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
Thanks chubby and citizen. Chubby, if you are near San Diego, then you are near Gary (EZ Money). He is extremely supportive.

Citizen, I hope you feel better soon. Bronchitis is no fun even when you aren't recovering from surgery. That coughing must be even more distressful. Did you read Chubby's blog?

I called and left a message with a time for them to call. Needless to say, they didn't call. I called in and got on hold for about a half hour. Someone came on and verified all my contact info and promised to have someone call me soon. Not sure what day or anything. I did give her my cell phone this time and told her that Tues and Thurs are bad. I got called into work on Monday and I'm hoping they will call on Wed when I'm home.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #20  

Veronica, I had my surgery at the U of MN too. Hope all goes well for you. A few things I didn't know before surgery -- clear liquid diet 3 days after the procedure and then soft foods like cream of wheat and yogurt until the post op visit.

I feel fairly confident that I have an "activated" device as I feel uncomfortably full most all of the time. I hope that goes away because it makes me feel lethargic.

Hopefully we will bump into each other someday at one of the later group meetings. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #21  
I wanna be a loser, too

Veronica and Citizen, you two should arrange a meeting at a park or some place. I love meeting people on the boards I'm on.

Chubby, I met Gary a year ago. He and Angie met my husband and me at a restaurant near where we were staying and had a wonderful visit for several hours. What disclaimer? I reread your blog and I didn't notice anything labeled a disclaimer.

Veronica, thank you for your input. I look forward to reading your blog and comments here.

I got my 2nd call this morning at 7:15. Wouldn't you know that it came on a morning when I'd had an absolutely awful (rate thing for me) night's sleep. I finally started dozing off between 3 & 3:30. I go for a meeting on Wednesday evening. It is at a hotel. Any inputs as to what it will be and how long?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #22  
Old Cackler

Keep posting, folks! I'm learning a lot about this new form of surgery, and i'm sure everyone else is as well!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Mare, is your ticker up to date ? If so are you considering surgery for 20 pounds ?Looks like you have lost 34 and want lose another 20.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #24  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Mare, is your ticker up to date ? If so are you considering surgery for 20 pounds ?Looks like you have lost 34 and want lose another 20.
No it isn't up to date. I thought you were asking about my heart at first. After using those blasted Icy Hot Patches, I developed A Fib and had to quit exercising. I put on most of the weight I lost.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #25  

Mare,

As I recall, the informational session I attended was about and hour and a half. I think the presentation was about 45 minutes with the rest of the time devoted to questions. They will actually pass around the device so that you get a feel for the size and weight of the thing.

I am feeling well enough that I may attempt a couple of half days of work this week. All this sitting around isn't good and I am not good with no schedule! LOL

Take care all.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #26  
I wanna be a loser, too

Thanks citizen. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Chubby, have you returned to work?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
No it isn't up to date. I thought you were asking about my heart at first. After using those blasted Icy Hot Patches, I developed A Fib and had to quit exercising. I put on most of the weight I lost.
I thought surgery sounded kind of drastic for 20 pounds. I understand totally about regaining I have been there I promise you. Let us know what happens.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #28  

Quote:
Thanks citizen. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Chubby, have you returned to work?
I took my daughter to a field trip all day today and heading to work tomorrow

Feeling pretty good. A little uncomfortable at times but not really much pain anymore unless I really do more than I should
Old 10-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenoftheworld View Post
Veronica, I had my surgery at the U of MN too. Hope all goes well for you. A few things I didn't know before surgery -- clear liquid diet 3 days after the procedure and then soft foods like cream of wheat and yogurt until the post op visit.

I feel fairly confident that I have an "activated" device as I feel uncomfortably full most all of the time. I hope that goes away because it makes me feel lethargic.

Hopefully we will bump into each other someday at one of the later group meetings. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Do you feel uncomfortably full all the time, or just after you eat?
I feel really full after a small meal and not full or hungry between meals.
I used to be able to eat a lot more and not feel this full, but I don't have that full feeling all the time though.
I don't get that "really" hungry feeling during the day anymore. The other night I was up late and had some hunger pangs. And I know my device was off at that time of night.

I wasn't given any special diet after my procedure. No restrictions at all.

Last edited by chubbyhubby; 10-24-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #30  

Hey Chubbyhubby,
Glad you are feeling well and off to a speedy recovery.
I was feeling uncomfortably full all of the time; today is the first time that I felt a little more "normal". I haven't been hungry much at all, even when I know I should be because I am not eating much of anything. Maybe just part of the recovery from surgery for me. I do have to say I will be glad to be able to eat some veggies and real food again.
Good to hear from you. Keep us posted on your weight loss and recovery. It's good to know I have company in this journey.