Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Curvynerd Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #17  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 183.4 100lbs officially lost (again ). Boy, that took forever! I didn't think would actually be here today because I felt like I ate all weekend, but it's whatcha eat, I guess. DH made me pudding and I pigged out on that, man I love sweets...now if he could figure out a cake that wouldn't make me gain, that would be great.

Diana The shoes worked fine yesterday, but I didn't I was tired and hadn't had coffee, but if we had gone any later, we would have passed out from heat exhaustion, at least I would have. The sun is my nemesis. We laughed at how the symptoms of sickness were so obvious and said we were waiting for the nose to bleed any second because I was getting so hot. We had to cut it a mile short because of the heat. One of the reasons I get super sick out there is because I have a weird sweating disorder (I just don't sweat) so my body doesn't naturally cool itself down. Well guess what? I sweat now...probably the only person excited about that Yesterday, I was showing it off like it was my newest jewelry "see? I did that." "wanna feel it, it's cold." My DD was grossed out, I was a proud mama of sweat, my first! I'm wondering if that's because I've lost weight and have started eating healthy and have just been healthy for almost 2 years now? Don't know, but it's cool, I love seeing my body do things it couldn't do before (like walking, that's my all time favorite thing)

ItsMyTurn Your DD is awesome, hope she is doing well.

Berry How is the poison ivy? Are things getting better? Hope so

Curvynerd welcome to the check-in. Cutting sugar is super hard, stay strong, the withdrawal takes 3-4 days and it gets hard hard hard, but once you're through it, the temptations are a whole lot less and your body really starts feeling better. Good luck, keep posting, it helps.

Miko welcome to check-in glad you got that workout in!

Asharksrevenge welcome to check-in good job on staying on plan and getting the exercise important.

cbigsis awesome job on the treadmill...one break is a difference from the last time you post, sounds like progress. Keep it up. Doing great!

AFM it's Monday, gotta go see the doc, let him know all seems well. Maybe a little antisocial, everyone home for long periods of time makes me feel overcrowded...you'd think after living with a guy for 20 years, I'd be used to him, but no Don't get me started on the kids Love them all, but mommy wants to hear absolute silence for 3 hours a day (at least) way too much to ask for during the summer months. Today DD wants her loudest friend over, so I absolutely won't be getting silence today. Maybe I'll head out and sit in my car after the doctor's appointment. We'll see

Hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I just got home. It's late!

Mamakat Good job on the 100, again! I'm glad the shoes seem to work for you. I was concerned about the foot issues you had going on. I hope you had a good day and there wasn't too much noise.

Berry How are things going with your poison ivy?

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories
steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn
Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #19  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I practice Intermittent Fasting, so I don't usually eat until 5pm as I'm not usually hungry until then. At the moment I am high-nutrient juicing during the week when I'm working and eating solids on the weekends. It helps my stomach and keeps me on target. When I'm juicing I either juice my own or have a Nature's Way Alive! greens shake in the afternoon or early evening (not too late as it gives me too much energy!)

A.M.: Coffee
Afternoon: (3p) Freshly juiced apple/carrot (need to buy more greens)
Evening: (5p) Soy meal replacement (7p) Mushroom broth

Exercise: practice bellydance routine 1 hour

Last edited by archychick; 07-02-2012 at 10:32 PM.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #20  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.4 (TTOM)
No Change (like yesterday, this is good since it's TTOM)

archychick Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 280/255.2/190

Height: 6'1

Smile

Hello.

I will be doing Tony Horton's power 90 cardio and ab ripper 100 exercise today along with some cycling and boxing.

I plan on eating a large tuna salad with no mayo, 2-3 pieces of fruit probably 2 bananas and an apple, a low fat yoghurt, another tin of tuna, two protein shakes.

weekly weigh in day tomorrow, I know I won't get another 6lb loss but hoping for something no matter how small.
1Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #22  

I'm on day 3 of no sugar and plugging along. I had a pretty bad headache with nausea yesterday but that's better today. I've lost 1.4 pounds so far. I exercised on day one but not yesterday. I plan to go walking today.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

I weighed in at 142.8 today. Not bad with the extra sodium over the weekend. Hopefully by Friday around 140. I hope!

Eating is sketchy. My calories were ok yesterday but I had 400 calories of ice cream for lunch so that's not really quality. Then this morning a daycare kid brought me a doughnut for breakfast and it was my favorite kind so no way did I politely take one bite and stop. Eating a sugary treat like that makes me want to keep eating even though I'm not hungry so I'm battling that all morning here. Chewing gum and drinking water.... Exercise today is a plyometric workout my son wants me to do. He had me try a pull up yesterday. It was hilarious!!! He kept saying "You can do it! You are an athlete!!" Guess I'm not that much athlete yet.

ItsMyTurn: So glad your DD is doing great! I hope recovery is still going well.

Mamakat: Great job on the 100 pounds!!! I hope you were able to find some quiet time yesterday.

archychick, 1hope, and curvynerd welcome to check in!

Diana: I hope TTOM is over for you soon!
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #24  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

asharks - Great job staying to your plan and for avoiding the scale!

Mamakat - Did you warm up at all? How are the muscles doing? Is sweating now a sign that cooling off might happen for you now? Glad the shoes worked out!

Miko - Becoming aware of what we consume and do is half the battle

Moondance - Glad to hear the fire threats have all but passed. Sorry to hear of the emotional eating, but sending thoughts and prayers for you

Sonickel -

Cbigsis - Sounds like you did great at the reunion, it could have been SOOOO much worse. Great workout too

digital -

CurvyNerd - Getting off sugars is like coming off drugs. I am sure you will succeed though!!!!
archychick and 1Hope -

AFM - Amber is home from hospital, still anemic, but still doing well otherwise. We have her set up with intensive in-home physical therapy and she is happy to just be out of hospital. I am back to work today and trying to restore some nomalcy - going to have my first workout tonight since Wednesday when I get home tonight. No way am I going near a scale until I have a bit of time to insure I am back on normal track though Hope you all have an awesome day!!! Thank you for your thoughts
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #25  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I just got home, so this is going to be a quick post.

Anyone have any plans for the weekend?

We are going out of town this weekend. We won't open the shop back up until Monday. We are going to St. Simons Island, Georgia on Friday. We will return on Sunday. St. Simons Island is about a 3 hours drive. DH was able to find us a hotel with an indoor swimming pool. There are several islands together that we are wanting to see. http://explorestsimonsisland.com/index.html

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Chicken Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
4 Rounds from Susan Chung's RapidFire Results w/weighted gloves
Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #26  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Diana-- St. Simons Island looks beautiful! Have a wonderful trip

Curvynerd-- great job! Keep up the good work!

Itsmyturn-- good thinking about keeping away from the scale, there's no need to add any additional stress

I made zucchini pizzas this afternoon for lunch that came out fairly well. I think I need to broil the zucchini before I put the toppings on (like the recipe said), because they were a little soggy but still definitely edible. Dinner was steak, artichokes, more zucchini, and a tomato salad, all from the garden (minus the steak, of course).

Today is my day off from exercise, and I will pick up walking 1.5 mi. tomorrow. I have some new running shoes coming in and I am really looking forward to wearing them!

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. I think about this thread often throughout the day and wonder how you all are doing, which helps to keep me accountable.
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #27  

I wanted to cheat so much last night. My kids wanted to go out for frozen yogurt and I was so tempted. I'd already had dinner and was stuffed so it was just a "I Want It" thing. They do offer no sugar added options that aren't bad in moderation. I didn't really have the money for it so I told the kids to wait a few days. I'm on day 4 of no sugar and I want to do 7 straight days before I let myself have anything like the frozen yogurt or sugar free chocolate. I am eating LOTS of steamed veggies with my dinner and LOTS of veggies with my lunch. My fiber is a little over what it should be but I'm drinking a lot of water so that's okay. I want that fullness because it helps me to resist temptation. I'm well within my calories and was actually low yesterday at 1325.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #28  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Independence Day! Have fun but stay safe!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.2 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Itsmyturn Good news about Amber being home! Were you able to fit that workout in?

asharksrevenge Good job fitting all of those veggies in! I will be looking for new shoes this month, too. I actually have to put it on my calendar. If I don't, I will wait until my feet hurt. Then it takes forever for them to start feeling better again. Yes, I put a note on my calendar to buy new shoes. Crazy, I know, but it works for me.

CurvyNerd Sending you good strength today with sticking to your plan.

I know I missed some people. Waving Hi! and sending big hugs to everyone that I missed and lurkers who read the check-in.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #29  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
Happy 4th of July.
It was raining today so I sort of felt bad for the beach goers, but the sun is out, so my street should be filling up soon.

ItMyTurn So glad Amber is home and doing well, she's amazing. I sat outside long enough to thaw. I took off for a couple of hours and parked in a big shopping lot nearby the doctor's office. I even got in some writing. My forearms soaked up the heat and have been happy ever since. Today the knees were achy, but maybe once the moisture of the rain goes away, it'll be okay.

Diana Island hopping sounds fun. A nice quiet vacation sounds fun...oh if I was able to do things on my own DH has informed me, his frat house is being torn down so they are throwing a party for it during Homecoming. I am not a school joiner, even after leaving so I haven't gone to any of his (or my) reunions. He is insisting this time...I'm already biting my nails...I've got a few months though. Now that I think about it, he shouldn't have given me so much time to think about it. Have fun this weekend!

Curvynerd I think that was an awesome and wise decision on not going and waiting a full 7 days. That shows you are really dedicated to working on this. Having kids and going cold turkey on sugar is the hardest. Last year, when I stopped my kids were still eating the junk food around me. My DD loved taunting me with it (brat). Now they hardly ever eat sweets in front of me, but when they do I can watch with envy but not drool

asharksrevenge sounds like your dinner was awesome. I love zucchini. Great job!

No plans for today...I should do laundry. My DD is starting to borrow my clothes. LOL that's too funny!

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #30  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone

We decided to drive out to my Mom's house (50 miles) to make sure everything was OK there. She has always had good neighbors, right around her. They have always kept an eye on the house and her. I still like to check on the house every week or two. The house is in the country and country folk tend to talk. When Mama first passed, I made sure I told the "right" people that all of the valuables had been removed from the house. I'm hoping this along with the neighbors keeping watch, will prevent anyone from breaking into the house. Then we drove 80 miles the other way to my CPA's house. I took my monthly books to her since we won't be back to work until Monday. After all of that driving, DH and went to eat dinner and then to the movies. I had some free passes that I could use. Are you ready for this? . . . . . . We went to see Magic Mike. This was definitely not a kiddie movie or for ones that are offended with language. We wanted to see something funny. We heard this movie was funny. I was aware of the language and adult content up front, so I was ok with that. It was funny, although it was not absolutely hilarious. I'm glad I had free passes, so it was worth my time. I had never heard of Tatum Channing before now. He's definitely a hottie. Mathew McConaughey isn't hard on the eye's either. Of course DH was the only male in there.

I didn't count my calories today. At lunch I had a small deluxe hamburger w/ketchup at Wendy's, which has about 300 calories. I also had a Jr. Frosty, which has about 190 calories. We had a hard time finding a restaurant that was open. There were plenty of fast food options, but not decent sit down restaurants. The place we ended up going to uses vegetable (soybean oil) to cook with. I couldn't order what I would normally order. We were running late and wanted to get to the movie, so we ate there. I had a steak, but it wasn't the leanest option. I also had a plain baked potato, no butter. The place didn't even have real butter. My other side was spinach. I took my own popcorn and some safe chocolate to the movies with me. I am hoping that I avoided soy at the restaurant. I am probably over my maintenance calories for the day, though. I think I had too much sodium, too. I think I did well for having a day off. I tried to keep things in moderation. I didn't start having those out of control feelings that I get sometimes when I eat off plan. I count this as a win in my book!

I didn't get a workout in either.

Mamakat I understand about the school reunions. Neither DH nor I have gone to any of ours. In fact, my high school class is having one this year, 26 years. It seems odd to have a 26 year reunion. Maybe they are including other classes, too? I haven't even kept up with the college reunions.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-04-2012 at 11:56 PM.