Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 04:56 PM   #91  

I keep eating left over candy from halloween luckily the ate all the chocolate so im eating the gum, starburts and tootsie roll. I am not sure why im eating it. I need to go back to where i was saying i could not happen until a certain date...as a reward or something. How i started my diet originally was no sugar...and i did that for 6 months. However i was really depressed about my weight. Im not that depressed about my weight however i love being fit. Last nite i took a bath and it was great. I used to have trouble getting out of the bath tub but last nite no problem. So i will have to figure out a behavorist method...like replacing the candy with hot tea or every time i want to eat something i go take a walk outside and get some air. The problem is that the food is calling me...lol. Sheryl im over here

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get back on track. Im not worried so much about weight gain since i am exercising but how do i get back my will power?

Pumkinseed, Eydie, Tipper thanks for your concern..all of you been so helpful!

Yea pumpkin seed its cute how you put bannanas as the dancing stars...very cute
Old 11-07-2002, 06:49 PM   #92  

Scoobysnacks, just set yourself a goal for each day start with breakfast make that your first goal to eat right for that meal once you have done that plan on your next snack or meal but tell yourself you will only eat your meals and planned snacks. Just take one day at a time, you can do this I know you can.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:27 PM   #93  
Empress/Queen

Default Night falleth ...

Scooby, I think you posted at the same time I did this afternoon and I didn't see your news about your mom ... so glad she has gotten through the surgery and is doing well. Scooby, you are doing very well to handle this and still be working on your program! I love Dollar's advice to just take it hour by hour, a meal at a time. I think you'll find it easy to get back on track now that your mom's going to be on the mend and the crisis has passed. Keep going!!! Have a banana!!!

Amarantha be a little offish track herself for today but her weekly average is in the 1900-range so she's hanging ok.

Pilgrim Amarantha still toyeth with the idea of joining Weight Watchers and whether it be worth her cash outlay (Elberta Crone be against it because o' the cost, but Elbertine Pep be all for it because Amarantha be tired o' being a chunky person and doth not want to regain all her weight and WW would be a new idea). If no loss comes this week, she may go ahead with it.

Eydie: Amarantha loveth this group's spirit and focus also. Best online group she's ever visited. EP and EC also agreeth!!!!

Punkin: Hmmmm. Thy workman soundeth muchly like a plumber Amarantha had last winter. Perhaps he traveled north after I got rid o' him!

TO ALL!!! WE WILL REACH OUR GOALS THIS WEEK; WE WILL REACH 'EM AS WE SPEAK; WE WILL REACH 'EM AS WE SLEEP!!! WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOO!!!! YOU BET!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:35 PM   #94  
Empress/Queen

P.S. Scooby, don't listen to that food that's calling! It lies! It pretendeth to be harmless sweet bites just innocently hanging around after Halloween, but in REALITY it is the DEMON ound: in disguise!!!! It is not your friend!

Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!

Put down the food!

Have another banana!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:39 PM   #95  

Amarantha
I to considered the cost of ww before I joined and now I look at it and say it is worth every penny I have invested in it, no that should be invested in me. It gives me the incentive that i need because Im weighing in in front of someone. I also get ideas from other people when I get stuck or dicouraged, yes we get that here as well but when you are getting it face to face it makes a difference. I would not be able to do this without them I know I have tried.
Whatever you decide I know you can do it.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:24 AM   #96  

Smile Finally Friday!

Hello All!

Am running late this am -- a little off schedule--

Here's to all making the best possible choices today!

Will try to stop in later but did want to share the thought of the day now-

Why? Why Not? Why Not You? Why Not Now? -- Aslan
Old 11-08-2002, 07:26 AM   #97  
Empress/Queen

Thanks be to Dollar for thoughts on WW! I am seriously considering joining, though meetings be not an option.

Kaylets, thanks for the thought o' the day. It be right on target for this day!!!

Today Pilgrim Amarantha hath moved from the resort to her little hut in the deep woods filled with wild TURKEYS! She beith of the intention to kick *** in the work, exercise and diet (she likes this word and refuseth to banish it) department!!! She is taking Dollar's advice a few posts up to take the day in sections and has already eaten more than 900 calories SO IS MAKING A SOLEMN PILGRIM VOW (aka challenge) to drink only water and eat only her required fiber tabs until NOON when she will have a Lean Cuisine or Weight Watcher's frozen meal (she will cook it first) ... having never believed much in using these, she's now started to enjoy them since she hath freeth herself from caloric overages engendered by her previous slimfast obsession. She hath bought several jars o' powdered fat-free French vanilla coffee creamer, as she uses a little o' this to flavor skim milk to cut any residual slimfast craving. The powdered version does NOT seem to trigger binges as the liquid version does ... Amarantha ends up drinking the liquid and that's NOT good.

TURKEYETTES!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! : WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO STAY ON PROGRAM THIS GLORIOUS DAY!!! YAY, WE WON'T GET OFF TRACK; WE'LL STAY AND PLAY!! IF WE'RE OFF TRACK, WE'LL COME BACK!!!

WOO-HOO!!! CAN DO!!! WE ARE STRONGER THAN OUR DESIRE TO COMFORT OURSELVES WITH FOOD!! WE ARE STRONGER THAN ANY BLEEPIN' HALLOWEEN !!!! WE ARE STRONGER THAN COFFEE CREAMER!!! WE HAVE MASTERY TO DIRECT EVEN THE MOST SEA COWISH O' METABOLISMS TO PERFORM AT PEAK!!! WE ARE NOT WEAK!!! WE WILL REACH OUR GOALS THIS WEEK!!!

You bet.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 11-08-2002 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:02 AM   #98  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Pilgrim babette reporting in!

I am SO happy to be able to report today that I have lost one (1) of my challenge pounds! YAY! Furthermore, the scale actually read 2 higher than I would admit to last week - I was working on the "ignore them 'til they go away" premise. So, unofficially, I'm actually down 3 for the week.

I've been doing well with the low glycemic load diet. I have more energy - usually I wake up tired, but not now. I feel more optimistic, less hungry, have fewer cravings and am less achy. It's great!

Scooby, so glad to hear your mom came through the surgery well! Sending good thoughts your way.

Let's make this a fabulous day, Pilgrims!

Last edited by Arabella; 11-08-2002 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #99  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up MOVE DEMON SCALE!!!!MOVE!!!!

The scale from **** doth not budge!!! Me thinks I shall never see the numbers change! Oh well, I know deep down that I have been making some changes that make me a healthier person. And I do feel better about myself, so maybe I should judge my success by that. I am trying to keep a positive attitude.

Scooby, I too keep sticking my hand in the candy bag. I need to toss the temptation out. In fact I am going to do that as soon as I get done posting. My kiddo isn't much of a candy kid anyway. So there's no point in keeping it around. Also, glad to hear about your mom. We are all pulling for her to have a speedy recovery.

Amarantha, your right "kicking ***" is a phrase that is necessary and fitting. Maybe I should start making that my montra. I am going to "kick ***" during this challenge!!! I CAN and I WILL!!! There, that feels better! Everyone try it, I strongly recommend it!

A big to all of you who's scales are showing a loss. Could you please have your scales contact my scale. I think it could use some talking to from someone other than me.

Well, Happy Friday! I am off to work and will have to catch up with you all on Sunday. Tomorrow I am off to the land of Wineries!!! Yeah!!!! There is a little section of Missouri that is "wine country". There are three wineries and beautiful scenery at Augusta, MO. There is a web site if you all want to see pictures of the place. Very beautiful in the Missouri River Valley. We go every year and get a few bottles for the holidays. There are a few other couples that go with us and do a little taste testing. Okay, Suzy Chatterbox has left the building!

Hugs to all!
Boating
Old 11-08-2002, 09:20 AM   #100  
To love me is a privilege

Good morning to all.
I unfortunatly lost to doughnut battle this morning. I ran out of bannanas and I was starving. The guilt ratio is setting in now. I will just add another mile to my walk today to help cut some of the fat and sugar.
Scooby: I to have food calling me. I have learned that the food is like an unwanted (I just killed a spider on my desk) spider. You squash it and throw it away. And do what ever you can to keep them out of your house.
My m&m theroy went out like to spider. It was to hard opening the drawer and seeing that little bag sitting there. So they are now in the trash.
Babette: Congrats on the pound loss.
I was considering ww also. I am not quite sure what they do there. Can anyone offer some wisdom?
Old 11-08-2002, 10:27 AM   #101  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday!!!

There is a bird in our wall. It sounds like a little gnome running back and forth inside the wall. Poor little guy... my stepfather's going to go let him out in a second, if the little bird doesn't die of shock first.

Ok, I'm sitting here eating black grapes (which have an odd texture - too late in the season??) and fantacizing about a huge cheeseburger that I want for dinner... WHAT is wrong with this picture???

I've been going to Curves for over 2 weeks now and feel awesome when I'm done and then I go right back to eating junk... the scale shows I'm up 3 pounds, but I feel firmer (or is that "more firm"?). I donno', part of me is really looking forward to my 11/21 re-weigh and re-measure at Curves and part of me is scared to death that I'll have gained weight and lost no inches or body fat...
So, with that little whine-fest outta the way - what am I gonna do??? Keep Curvin' and pray that the food part kicks in eventually - it always does.

Kaylets - Thank you for your thought of the day. I really like them

Amarantha - Ya know I used to be a WW leader? My thought is this - I used to tell my members to think about how much money they spent a week on junk food. Is it less than $5? Equal to? MORE than? Most of us spend far more than $5 a week on junk - one trip through the fast food drive up is about that much. Why not spend $5 a week to get healthy instead? Even if it's just to get the program, get on track then quit and monitor yourself. Some people don't need the meetings, some do - that's up to you. Personally, I love the 123 program - I taught it for 3 years and still use it (granted, I need to use it MORE). But anyway, I think you're worth the money - we all are.

Scooby - Have you tried gum? I have sugar-free bubble gum that's helped me before - sometimes you just HAVE to chew on something! Also, Tootsie Rolls are actually not all that bad for you. After Halloween I bought a bag of them on clearance (the 480 piece Tootsie-fest) and I can have 1 or 2 for almost nothing and it can fix a chocolate craving pretty good.

Tipper - Congrats on sending those M&M's to the circular file! Good job (now go dump your trash!).

Ok, back to my nasty grapes - that I think are going in the garbage... they don't crunch and they're icky Amazing how I'll throw out grapes but have no qualms about eating cookies out of a package I threw into the garbage.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Terri
Old 11-08-2002, 10:33 AM   #102  
Is it Friday yet?

Updating the Pilgrim Progress!

Scooby - 186 goal 180
Bobsgal - 251 goal 245
Dollar - 199.2 goal 193.2
Amarantha - 165 goal 161
Anagram - 229.4 goal 225 (-.6!)
Punkin - 238 goal 232
Babette - 217 goal 209 (-1.0 - or an unofficial 3.0!)
Hotsplash - 177 goal 169
Whisper - 187 goal 180
Jadcie - 180 goal 175
BoatingMommy - 169 goal 165
Eydie - 153 goal 145 (-4.0!)
Wildfire - 178 goal 173
Tipper - 209 goal 200 (-3.0!)
Old 11-08-2002, 11:43 AM   #103  

Ok, turkettes. I take a "NO GUILT" card for yesterday. Dh and I went to lovely spot for lunch and then up to Mom's to visit with visiting bro and SIL from Alaska and SIL from Arkansas. Loverly day. It was a planned off-plan day and I really didn't gorge myself. Just ate many things that one would normally eschew on a sensible diet. All very yummy. But had my kick-start Slimfast again this morning and am back to hard work as weigh in will come too soon. Feeling on top of this weight loss thing this morning. maybe because it's such a loverly day here with more promised for the next few. Plus I'll be off to daughter's tomorrow to play with the princesses and allow dd and her dh a little off time.

It's nice to feel so bee-flitty today. Those NO GUILT cards work wonders.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:12 PM   #104  

Hi there,

If you feel great and your getting in shape and working your best to lose weight then you shouldnt feel bad about yourself.(i was going for a rhym but fizzled out) All you can do is try your best. This morning i woke up saying i have to lose a hundred pounds by january. And then i look at my abs and say i hate them. I think i have 15 more to go...and then i thought wait...i lost 85 pds...and then i started thinking 85 pds is a lot of weight for a year. And its not like i dont have another year so if it doesnt come off all i know is that im exercising and working the best i can right now...and its ok. I plan to work my little heart out dont get me wrong but this message of losing a hundred pounds that i have sending in my head is rediculous. I will get there might take a little longer then i want but it will happen.

I did WW years ago the only problem is i think i became a bit obsessed with the points and the scale. And i guess i had some bad leaders that were anti fat people and at that time i was fat. So when she was talking about her food friend from hs and running into her and her friend was really heavy and she was thankful she was not her. I thought well this is to weird for me.
However i have had possitive experiences there as well. To each there own. I think i like my diet to be private in the sense i dont have a program but i do in my mind. I think if you eat fruits, veggies, proteins and low fat and low carbs..you will ok. Its easier said then done..thats for sure. And write down everything u eat makes you aware of what your eating. Also water water water...drink a glass of water ever time before u eat. Well thats what works for me.

Im working a wedding this weekend. Im a wedding photographer and im assisting so its not as exciting as being the photographer. However it gets me out of the house and i will shoot some..so it will be fun. I need to stay away from the cake...smiles. i find that a hard struggle...but im doing well today.

The one meal at a time is working today. Thanks for your suggestion on how to control the beast inside...
Old 11-08-2002, 01:08 PM   #105  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Just a fly-by FYI! I've decided, to honor my new attitude, I need a stronger persona. Babette was very nice, but a bit too unassuming and accommodating. Arabella, on the other hand, is Queen of the Wood Nymphs - a very mighty spirit!

But I'll still answer to "babette" should any of you come a-callin'
Closed Thread