Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #76  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Wykyd - so organized! Virgo? We have the same taste in music. LOL

I also forgot Kevin Spacey - loved him in K-Pax and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and he was fab in The Usual Suspects.

John Travolta looks cute in wings and five o'clock shadow. Rrrrr!

Okay buddies, what's your mantra. What gives you a boot in the butt and gets you moving again?

I say - No Regrets! Move on, yesterday is a picture book, you can look but you can't change it. Tomorrow is an empty page - write it the way you want it!
Old 10-21-2002, 07:52 AM   #77  
living 1 day at a time

Maybe that's where I am going wrong. I need a mantra. I need something to help me stay focused and help me get going. So.... hmmm, I will have to think about it.
Today is my day to get back on track. I want this so I am going to work hard. I am going to ask for help when it gets too tough. I am going to do good today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

List of people I would love to see in concert!!
1.Toby Keith. I love this man! His songs are so funny, and upbeat and they make me feel better when I am mad.

2.John Mellecamp. A piece of my childhood, I love him too. He sings the songs I used as my anthems. He is an icon.

3.Paul McCartney. A beatle, need I say more?

4.Billy Joel

5.Alan Jackson

6.Martina McBride
I know there are more. My brain just emptied out. When I think of them, you all will be the first to know!!

ttfn, morningglory
Old 10-21-2002, 08:08 AM   #78  

Good morning, Morning Glory! Are you a morning person?

Nike's "Just Do It" hit a nerve with me, too. I sometimes get stuck in the don'wanna exercise rut and then I say - Just Do It. I can't do much yet - no stamina and I can't see any results after just a couple weeks of step and hand weights - but I figure that when the flab on my arms and belly goes away - it'll be a nice surprise to find out I have a little muscle tone hiding underneath!

"Just Do It"
Old 10-21-2002, 08:52 AM   #79  
living 1 day at a time

Yep,
I am a morning person. I get up at 6, but I don't really get started until after about 3-4 cups of coffee. I sort of just sit here and veg out. Plus today is my day off!!!!
I think part of my mantra will be that I will learn to ask for help when I need it. It doesn't make me a weak person to need help, just human and overwhelmed. I try to do it all myself. Even at work. But, I will learn to ask for help.
Keep it up Rusty. I walk, because it's something I can do, something both my girls can do (my oldest daughter has a leg amputated so she is limited in the physical activities she can do.). I am going to take a belly dancing class . I am really looking forward to it. Plus, Don will just love it. I may even get the whole sexy little outfit to go with it.
Have a great day,

morningglory
Old 10-21-2002, 11:15 AM   #80  
Searching

Angry Zombie Girl

Hello Everybody

Things that get me movin? Well at work it is crisis or catastrophe!

I use a couple of things to get me going:

1. Talk myself into it, after 15 minutes of saying I should or could I usually realize my workout would be a 3rd done if I just got up.
2. Put on my excersise clothes AND SHOES. There is something about shoes that say you got to go.
3. If its really bad I compromise: The belly dancing tape is only 30 min, I have a glider in 33 min I will burn 300 calories. 30 minutes in no big commitment. I mean I watch at least 30 minutes of TV news and crap a day.
4. Okay this is going to sound awful! If I see someone fatter than me, or even pull out a pic of me at 265 its pretty motivating.
5. Stretch! Do some Yoga poses. If I do it for just 15 minutes my muscles feel alot warmer and flexible.

Too cheesy Probably!

List of people I would like to see in concert:
1. System of a Down
2. Linkin Park
3. Paul Mc Cartney
4. Henry Rollins (I heard his monologues and poetry readings are awesome!)
5. Ozzy

My favourite authors:
1. Kurt Vonegutt
2. Isacc Asimov
3. Douglas Adams
4. Stephen King
5. JK Rowling
6. Tolkien
7. John Grisham
Honorable mention Robert Heinlein and Ray Bradbury. Heinlein has this tendency to go off on some weird tangents so he can't make my list!

Have a Lovely Day Ladies!
Ms. Chris
Old 10-21-2002, 12:55 PM   #81  

Ms. Chris! (I'm a epic fantasy addict!)

Everyone on your list +

1. Tad Williams - everything he ever wrote plus anything he will write in the future! Otherland

2. Stephen Donaldson - depressing and wonderful - Thomas Covenant

3. Terry Brooks - all the Shannara books

4. Raymond Feist - Riftwar

5. Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth

6. Anne Rice - when she's good she's very good but when she's bad... :LOL:

Plus - anything by Stephen Jay Gould, may he rest in peace

I'm sure there are many more favorites but the long series popped to mind right now.

Lost three pounds this week and we ate out at the Chinese AYCE Buffet one night! But I *knew* what to do - had wonton broth to start - drank lots of water and ate off the grill - so I could pick what went onto my plate - shrimp and a little chicken breast - tons of veggies and some garlic and oyster sauce - over steamed rice. Went up twice to the grill! Had a couple bites of pineapple to finish. I was stuffed and VERY amazed at my self-control. Never did that before.
Old 10-21-2002, 01:53 PM   #82  
living 1 day at a time

Chris!!! Great to see you back
Favorite Authors:
1.Stephen King
2.Mauve Binchy
3.John Grisham
4.Not an author, but I am addicted-Gardening catalogs
5.Jude Deveraux
6.I just love to read. So, I will read almost anything

My daughter is who motivates me. She is so strong, and strong-willed. She keeps me going. I would be so lost without her. Btw, all my kids have got their report cards. Amanda and Erin both got straight A's (sophmore and 8th grader, respectively), Brandon got all A's, except for a B in instumental. And my oldest son, God bless his troubled little soul, has chosen to drop out of high school. I surely don't know what to do about him. He has promised me he will get his GED, but we will have to wait and see.
stay strong, morningglory
Old 10-21-2002, 02:18 PM   #83  
Searching

Talking Great Book Lists!

Hello Ladies

When it rains it pours! The new car I bought has a blown head gasket. Just reading you gals post made me feel less like crying.

Take heart MG! I only went to my Freshman year of HS. Got my GED, then my AS in Pre-Physician Assist., and then my BS in Chemistry. Right now I am working on my electrical, mechanical, and pump certification. Along with my Class 2 WWT license. And then there is the story of Dave Thomas who didn't go to school and could wipe his butt with what I make in a year

The sun will come out tommorow, bet your bottom dollar that tommorow there will be sun! When I am stuck with a day that's gray and lonely I just stick out my chin and grin and say...........

It's going to be okay.

New List Favorite Movies (I could go on all day!)
1. Fight Club
2. Lord of the Rings
3. True Romance
4. Matrix
5. Donnie Darko
6. The Holy Grail
7. Army of Darkness
8. The Ref (OMG WHY DO I LOVE DENNIS LEARY?)
9. Heathers
10. Snatch

I could go on with this you know! I LOVE MOVIES! (I got to mention the black comedies Serial Mom and Drop Dead Gorgeous)

TTYL,
Ms. Chris
Old 10-21-2002, 04:22 PM   #84  

Did someone say favourite movies? Oh no! Where to start? I'm sure I will leave one out.....(and remember it just as I press 'submit' )

Top Five:

The Usual Suspects (one of those 'how did I not see that coming' endings)
Face Off - (a cool concept, plus John Travolta/Nick Cage combination)
Enemy of the State- (scary movie, because its possibly true)
Duel (put me off truck drivers for life)
Moulin Rouge (yeah, I know 98% of the Western world hated it, but I've always wanted to be a can-can girl)

and I have to add special mention for 'Lord of the RIngs' as it was made where I live. Yay! Roll on part two- coming Dec 18th!

Old 10-21-2002, 04:27 PM   #85  

Hmm - okay, y'all are youngsters (LOL) compared to me. You know some movies and music that I haven't picked up on at my advanced age. Plus I've got no kids so unless I absorb culture from the web or from the trashy tabloids I read instead of watching TV - I get left behind! (No, not the books!)

Movies:

Princess Bride - love both Wesley AND Inigo Montoya "As you wish!" How romantic! (We even named our youngest boxer Princess Buttercup.)

Terry Gilliam and Monty Python flix - Twelve Monkeys

Casablanca - ah, Bogey

Dark Crystal/Legend/Labyrinth/Willow/LOTR/Harry Potter/Merlin - anything in the genre of fantasy/dungeons&dragons

Tim Burton flix

...and a million more - we watch a lot of movies between books.

Every seen Eating Raoul? We're still looking for it on VHS. Crazy movie.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:27 PM   #86  
living 1 day at a time

Favorite Movies:
1.Bridget Jones' Diary
2. About a Boy
3.The Princess Bride
4.When A Man Loves A Woman (I love anything with Meg Ryan, she is so very cute. I even liked her when she left Denis for that freak)
5.Lord of the Rings (It was so beautiful. I just felt like I had dropped into the middle of a fairy tale.)
6.A Walk in the Clouds

Chris, I would love to get me a pair of boots, but that, like so many things, will have to wait until I am in a better financial postion. One day all things will be possible. Or, I may just get over myself. One or the other, lol!!
Old 10-21-2002, 04:31 PM   #87  

Wykyd - I have another NZ buddy online. Funny that you're already into your Tuesday when we're getting started on Monday. You're also heading into spring/summer and we are starting to get our first freezes in New England. I believe Janeece is near Dunedin.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:19 PM   #88  
Searching

Talking You gals are awesome!

Hi Ladies

HOW COULD I FORGET PRINCESS BRIDE!

I like everything on your list Rusty! Favourites I own them all!

And Wykyd, I too own Moulin Rouge. I also love the Romeo + Juliet. Beautifully shot and directed.

Whats next ladies?

TOP 10 things growing in my fridge

What does everyone do? Marriage? Kids?

Me I ama shift manager at a mill. Yes, it is just as gross and macho as it sounds.
Married 12 years, I have had 8 really great years of marriage
I have one child,11. And my husband was broken so now he is fixed so it won't happen again!

Ms. Chris
Old 10-21-2002, 05:42 PM   #89  

Which of my many careers do I start with? LOL Spent almost ten years as a disc jockey on the radio in ME, MA and FLA. Then four years working in a cross-stitch shop. Then went back to college for a second Bachelor's - first time English - Second time Biology. Ran a public aquarium at the local science museum for a number of years - until my migraines became daily. Been working flex-hours in a print shop doing layout/graphics work on macs and pcs ever since.

My migraines were successfully treated at the UMASS Headache Clinic in January 2001. First time I've been pain-free since 1975 or so.

Now that I have the energy - I'm getting healthy. LOL

I, too, loved Moulin Rouge. Beautiful movie! And Ladyhawke was lovely, too!
Old 10-21-2002, 08:11 PM   #90  
living 1 day at a time

Red face I wanna talk about me

Hi, my name is Lora, and I am an overeater. OOPs, wrong thing. I am 36 years old, have 4 children, 17, 15, 13, and 11. I am on my second marriage, sort of. Actually, I am living in sin . I will eventually marry him, but for now no. We have been together for 10 years. I am a baker. I run the kitchen in my sister's bakery. It is a very tough job, both physically and mentally. We are at the point where we really need a bigger place but don't quite qualify for the loan. I have to bake 2600 sugar cookies on Sunday, woohoo!
How was your husband broken?
My daughter was broken, but is much better now. She is 3 years cancer-free.
I am really enjoying our thread and these messages. I hope all are doing well. Thinking good thoughts of you all.
morningglory
Closed Thread