UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #331  
mummy of one

i hope you dont mind me joining this chat thread i have been away from this site for a good few months and have decided to try and get back into my healthy eating plan as my weight has been up and down since last summer so have decided it is always good to chat to people who are trying to do this aswell .... maybe give me a bit more motivation and a few ideas
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 AM   #332  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Welcome back Scottie.

Well I'm feeling more motivated today. I need to get out for a walk as it's a lovely day here. I'm feeling very chunky at the minute.

Sarah are you going away for your holiday?

Oh dear everyone is hurting watch yourselves don't overdo it.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #333  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

CG - Originally we'd rented a cottage in Cornwall but they only allow 2 dogs - so we're doing a house swap with someone who lives by the sea in Devon. They've got dogs as well and apparently their whole family loves bird watching and they are looking forward to 'twitching' on the Moor - so it works out great for both families.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #334  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've just put my foot down with the corporate boys

They have a completion tonight and a document I'm working on hasn't been agreed. Probably because they only gave it to me for the first time at about 3pm. Anyway, it's running club night and I didn't go on Monday, so I put my best "this is non-negotiable" voice on and told them I have to leave at 6, but if they need me I can come back after 8. I didn't tell them what it was for, but I'm not missing running club tonight.

If it was a doctors appointment or something it would be hard for them to stop me going, and the way I see it, running isn't just a hobby, it's my prescription for avoiding medical problems resulting from obesity, so I'm going. I will have my mobile on me so it's not as though I can't be contacted, and the chances are they won't need me so I'm not sitting around just in case they do.

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood with them today and I'm now taking it out on their deal...
Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #335  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Spoke to soon, the document has been agreed I can run
Old 02-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

LOL Sarah, my hubby would have spotted it just the same as yours .... think I should start doing the same with all the motorbike bits I'm sure he sneaks into the house
Old 02-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #337  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Just under 8 miles tonight, and I swear it was all uphill...

Off to bed shortly, I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from the weekend.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM   #338  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Yay! I've just seen myself on tv on the highlights of the game in France I went to at the weekend celebrating the match winning try
Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #339  
One pound at a time.

It's quiet in here today. Where is everyone?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #340  
Consistency + Balance

I'm here - just got back from work - covering for the only person apart from myself who hadn't come down with this flu / tummy bug thing. I'm really anxious now - we're driving down to Devon and I don't want to do the journey with a badly tummy.

I've been to the Vets to get some tranquillisers for the dogs - they all love travelling in the car and get very excited (and Fred 'talks' a lot and drives us nuts). Its bit like having a car full of two year olds - if they could talk they'd start saying 'are we there yet' from when we get to the end of our road - so giving them something to help them feel a bit 'chilled' (as the Vet described it) will help them and us and calm them down for their first night in a strange place which smells of other dogs.

I quite like doing this house swap thing - the only household stuff we are taking is our own bedding and towels - and we have all agreed not to use each others' computers. It feels a bit strange to have another family living in our house while we are away (it feels like I'm being rude by having guests which I won't be here to take care of) but it must be feeling equally peculiar for them. The strangest things have been buying THEIR dogs' food - totally NOT the stuff my lot eat - and putting in a Sainsbury's order knowing it'll be delivered to someone else's house and that they'll unpack it and put it in their fridge. Their Tesco order is due to be delivered here tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to seeing the kind of stuff they eat - I'm such a nosy person! Our really personal and/or financial documents are being stored in the safe at work - not that I think for one moment they would want to indulge in a spot of identity theft but better safe than sorry.

Ooohhhhhh - I'm so nervous - this isn't at all like renting a cottage.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #341  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann View Post

Ooohhhhhh - I'm so nervous - this isn't at all like renting a cottage.
Sarah how interesting living in someone elses house. I agree better to be safe than sorry re your financial documents.
What kind of car do you have? Will it be a squeeze with the 3 dogs? How many loo breaks will you have ?
Have a lovely holiday hope your tummy is OK.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #342  
Consistency + Balance

We've got a Land Rover Discovery (which we bought with transporting the dogs in mind) - although this time we'll have the second row of seats down to put our luggage on and the dogs will all have to squidge in to the back bit.

As for loo breaks.... the last time we went down to Cornwall I think we stopped at every services between here and Bristol because Fred was a puppy at the time and travel excitement always went to his tummy. He's a bit better at travelling now - but Ellie has taken over as the one who needs the frequent pit stops. I'm hoping that the (expensive) doggy tranquillisers will cut down the number of times we need to stop - but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #343  

I think we need some pics of this trip I want to see the doggies all happy in the car.

I need to get a dog, other people's dogs interest me too much
Old 02-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #344  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

HI All, just popping in to say hi from sunny Phoenix... lovely here and we're having fun, managed to surprise my friend so much so that she was speechless... first time I've ever seen that. Going to have our hair cut shortly... will pop in again soon...

Have a lovely holiday Sarah...

Haven't read all the things I've missed but will try to get and read everyone's day later.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #345  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
HI All, just popping in to say hi from sunny Phoenix... lovely here and we're having fun, managed to surprise my friend so much so that she was speechless... first time I've ever seen that. Going to have our hair cut shortly... will pop in again soon...

Have a lovely holiday Sarah...

Haven't read all the things I've missed but will try to get and read everyone's day later.
Well hello there. Having a good time?
Closed Thread