Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:15 AM   #61  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Kandice - You just gave me a fabulous idea. Maybe a couple mornings a week I could run up and down the stairs in my building. I get up before five, so no one is likely to run into me and think I'm nuts. Hmmm...

The thing is that I really want to start jogging by the end of September. Maybe that will prepare me. I won't start with the stairs this week because I'm determined to learn all the aerobics moves for that blasted 30 Days to Firmer Arms and Abs by Donna Richardson. It's so complicated! But I know it will be fun once I learn it.

Isn't it great the way we can get ideas and inspiration from one another?

Danielle...... Where are you chicky???

Aqua...... Are you hiding??

Maybe their kiddies started school this week?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:21 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Girls! Great idea with the survey! This is such a fantastic way to get to know each other! So here goes....

Name or nickname: Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzie
Birthday and zodiac sign: March 22, 1978 and I'm an Aries
How tall are you?: 5'5"
How much, if any, would you like to lose or gain?: 60ish, I'd really like to get down to a size 4....we'll see what that weighs
Pet peeves: people who smack and chew with their mouths open, bad drivers, slow walkers who walk in large groups and take up the entire width of the sidewalk....GRR!
What’s your drink(s) of choice?: water, shiraz, vodka and soda
Martial status:? not married, have a wonderful BF Mark!
Between you and SO, who is more aggressive?: ME
Anniversary date: 10/02
What type of job do you have:? Attorney/aspiring actress
Own or rent?: Rent, hopefully not too much longer
What time do you go to bed?: 10:30
What time do you wake up?: 7:30
What kind of books do you read?: Anything really. I've been reading the Harry Potter books lately, but before that, I was reading a lot of creative non-fiction and some short fiction.....the BF has his MFA in Creative Writing with a focus on fiction so he's constantly shoving books under my nose, which is AWESOME
Favorite song: The Promise by Tracy Chapman
Favorite movie: Waiting for Guffman
Favorite restaurant: Cafe Iberico -- it's a Spanish restaurant in Chicago
Favorite quotes: "It's a dog-eat-dog world, so leave your milkbone underwear at home."
Favorite food or snack: SUSHI....I love it. It's like crack for me....and getting to be as equally expensive of a habit. Ha!
Where would you like to travel?: I think my next big trip is going to be to Thailand/China/etc.. I lived in London for a year when I was in college so I got to travel all over Europe, which was VERY cool.
Worse food or snack: Wow....I pretty much like everything. I guess I don't like black licorice.
How many siblings do you have?: 2 older sisters
What’s your favorite color(s)?: blue
Any pets:? No....boo hoo hoo. I really want to get a dog, but I'm never home.
What does your screen name mean?: It seriously means that I'd like some new pants.
What are some of the places you travel on BC?: I like the goals section.
How do people perceive you verses how you really are?: I think people don't think I'm as smart as I am. Not that I'm a genuis or anything....hahahaha!
If you can change one thing about yourself what would it be?: My weight at the moment....but I am in the process of changing that, so does that really count?!
Do you play the lotto:? When it gets really high.
Lucky number(s): 47
If you were given 2 million dollars what would you do with it?: I would pay off my law school loans, I would invest in property in Chicago, I would take a vacation, I would quit my job and focus on acting and writing
What are your plans for the holiday?: Well, my cousin's boyfriend is having a Labor Day BBQ, so I think I'll head over there!

That was really fun! Good call!

Liz
Old 08-29-2006, 11:31 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

And now some personals!

Bonnie....your granddaughter is too precious! I love the pursed lips.....a little diva in the making!

Kandice....we had sort of an informal 5 year reunion that was kind of a nightmare for me. I was in the middle of law school, was extremely unhappy, was overweight, and had a really bad haircut. Ha! So, I basically sat in a corner with my best friend and got entirely too tipsy. But, you live and you learn. That's another part of the reason I'm not too keen on the idea of going to my 10 year.

Amanda....yeah....I'm walking like a crazy person. As it turns out, it's a lot harder than I anticipated! But, it's so great and it's really wonderful to work towards this huge goal! I really want to learn how to box! I think I need some lessons from you and your hubby!

Melissa....yes, I am back with a vengence!

Alright loves, drink your water and have beautiful days!

Liz
Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #64  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

hey everyone- that's me- since we're getting to know everyone... that's my face shot.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #65  

Nice pic Kandice!

Liz I ordered Aerobox with Kathy Smith (I think it's Smith) and Michael Olijade (he's a boxer). I'll let you know if it's any good and if it passes my husband's stamp of approval. I want an really in shape boxer's arms, abs, legs, back and shoulders. I guess I want a boxer's body overall.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #66  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Name or nickname: mia
Birthday and zodiac sign: may 4 1980 taurus
How tall are you?: 5'4
How much, if any, would you like to lose or gain?: around 40lbs
Pet peeves: cant stand fake people(people that dont like you but smile in your face, hate when my hubby collect things(he turns junk into things)
What’s your drink(s) of choice?: conyak, parrot bay coolers, fruity cocktails, #1 a good ole cold pepsi(i miss those)
Martial status:? married
Between you and SO, who is more aggressive?: hubby
Anniversary date: feb 14
What type of job do you have:? use to be troubled youth home coordinator but currently stay at home mom
Own or rent?: rent (for now)
What time do you go to bed?: 11p, 12a
What time do you wake up?: 9a,10a
What kind of books do you read?: spiritual, romance
Favorite song: dont really have one but love kenny g
Favorite movie: dont have one
Favorite restaurant: o'charleys, texas roadhouse
Favorite quotes: The Poem Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson Learn about the new song and CD,
"Footprints in the Sand"
by Mark Hargrave
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
times in his life. This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
was then that I Carried You."

Favorite food or snack: freeze pops
Where would you like to travel?: jamaica, puerto rico
Worse food or snack: hate banannas,coconuts, raisons
How many siblings do you have?: 15
What’s your favorite color(s)?: dont have one
Any pets:? 2 pitbulls ebony and face
What does your screen name mean?: my name
What are some of the places you travel on BC?: ny(my homestate)new orleans (hubby homestate)
How do people perceive you verses how you really are?: quite a few
If you can change one thing about yourself what would it be?: my weight/self esteem
Do you play the lotto:? no
Lucky number(s):
If you were given 2 million dollars what would you do with it?: buy a home, do something special for hubby because of all the things he has sacraficed as a husband,father and marine
What are your plans for the holiday?: to own my own home by then
Old 08-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #67  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Trish, we have the same b-day!

Name or nickname: Becky
Birthday and zodiac sign: Jan 19, Capricorn
How tall are you?: 5'7"
How much, if any, would you like to lose or gain?: -80 lbs
Pet peeves: incompetance, loud rooms, overly cluttered desks, june bugs
What’s your drink(s) of choice?: water and unsweetened iced tea (and milk shakes)
Martial status?: married
Between you and SO, who is more aggressive?: I am
Anniversary date: October 17
What type of job do you have:? retail management
Own or rent?: in the process of owning
What time do you go to bed?: 11PM
What time do you wake up?: 7AM
What kind of books do you read?: historical fiction, cooking, sci-fi/fantasy
Favorite song: Right Where it Belongs by Nine Inch Nails
Favorite movie: Man on Fire
Favorite restaurant: Big Bowl
Favorite quotes: To have a choice at all is to be free - even when the choice is between two terrible things. Orson Scott Card (The Worthing Saga)
Favorite food or snack: Angel food cake
Where would you like to travel?: Japan
Worse food or snack: Anything with coconut
How many siblings do you have?: 0
What’s your favorite color(s)?: black or purple
Any pets:? 1 dog
What does your screen name mean?: I didn't know this when I chose it, but it means 'radish' in Korean.
What are some of the places you travel on BC?: huh?
How do people perceive you verses how you really are?: I think alot of people see me as very stand-offish or disconnected. I really just prefer to observe over participating.
If you can change one thing about yourself what would it be?: My lazy eye
Do you play the lotto:? No
Lucky number(s): Don't have any.
If you were given 2 million dollars what would you do with it?: Pay off all my and my family's debt.
What are your plans for the holiday?: See my kids without having to rush to work!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #68  
I can do it this time.

Name or nickname: Sara
Birthday and zodiac sign: 1/26 Aquarious
How tall are you?: 6'0
How much, if any, would you like to lose or gain?: lose 140lbs
Pet peeves:when people cant hold up their end of the convo or talk during the movie and play with their cell phone in the movie
What’s your drink(s) of choice?:alcoholic - smirnoff, nonalcoholic - strawberry smoothie
Martial status:? Long Term Relationship,Engaged
Between you and SO, who is more aggressive?: him
Anniversary date: 12/2
What type of job do you have:?I'm a clerk at an home owners association
Own or rent?:rent
What time do you go to bed?:in bed around 10
What time do you wake up?:6:10 gotta be at work by 7:30
What kind of books do you read?:all kinds
Favorite song:Pour Some Sugar On Me
Favorite movie:Gone in 60 Seconds or Breakfast Club
Favorite restaurant:Sizzlers
Favorite quotes:"
Favorite food or snack:Icecream
Where would you like to travel?:Ireland / Japan
Worse food or snack:Not sure
How many siblings do you have?:1 sister
What’s your favorite color(s)?: black and blue
Any pets:? 3 fishies
What does your screen name mean?: It means love that sara (my name) its kinda like "oh gosh... gotta love that girl" hehe.
What are some of the places you travel on 3FC?: here, chicks up for a challenge
How do people perceive you verses how you really are?: I think people think Im
If you can change one thing about yourself what would it be?: I like who I am maybe not have so much a temper
Lucky number(s):13
If you were given 2 million dollars what would you do with it?:Buy a new car and maybe a house
What are your plans for the holiday?:Spending it at home with my family
Old 08-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #69  
"You CAN do it!" :D

S/C/G: 211/208/165

Height: 5'11"

who's up for a sept challenge?
either weight or inches or exercise minutes or stairs climbed or water ounces drank- whatever you want it to be. report on fridays since sept 1 is a friday- the first full week would end on friday...
make a ticker at the bottom with sept challenge.
baby steps help! esp for us that want to lose a lot!

I would volunteer for sept to buy the "winner" to be determined- maybe voted on?- first to reach their goal? an exercise book or tape or whatever they want no more than $15 and to ship it to them. Maybe we could do this each month and someone else could volunteer the prize.

anyone interested? do you already belong to a challenge?
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Trish, Thanks for starting this...

Name or nickname: Little Lori, Lou Lou
Birthday and zodiac sign: 10/22 Libra
How tall are you?: 4'11 3/4
How much, if any, would you like to lose or gain?: 60 lbs.
Pet peeves: Ignorance, burping in public, prejudice
What’s your drink(s) of choice?: Beer, Beer and more Beer - Water 2!
Martial status:? Married
Between you and SO, who is more aggressive?: Husband
Anniversary date: June 5, 2004
What type of job do you have:? Office Manager
Own or rent?: Both, have a house in Norfolk, VA we rent out, - rent apartment in Charlottesville
What time do you go to bed?: 11:30pm
What time do you wake up?: 7:00am
What kind of books do you read?: Mystery, Sci-Fi, any really
Favorite song: We Belong
Favorite movie: Shrek
Favorite restaurant: Outback
Favorite quotes: To thine own self be true.
Favorite food or snack: Sushi, Peanut Butter
Where would you like to travel?: I lived all over the world when My father was in the Navy but I would love to go to Greece.
Worse food or snack: Peas, liver
How many siblings do you have?: One brother
What’s your favorite color(s)?: RED
Any pets:? Nope
What does your screen name mean?: I love life.
What are some of the places you travel on BC?: Military Spouses Kicking Butt, Overeaters Anonymous
How do people perceive you verses how you really are?: I am very outgoing, but people don't realize that I lack self confidence.
If you can change one thing about yourself what would it be?: TO BE TALLER.
Lucky number(s): 22
If you were given 2 million dollars what would you do with it?: Buy my Mother a house and give her enough money to retire. Pay my Brother and SIL's student loans off and put money away for my nephews future. I would go back to school.
What are your plans for the holiday?: Going to my cousins house in Maryland for a POOL party if this hurricance doesn't put a damper on being outside.

Thanks for doing this. It was fun. I hope everyone has a great day and is OP!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:57 PM   #71  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

GOOD AfterNoon Peeps

The stress test came out just fine! The doctor was making me nervous at first making think something was wrong with my heart. He had me all worked up. He kept asking me if I had had chest pain before, I'm Like No. Come to find out they had some leads on improperly.

Bonnie: You guys be careful and protect yourselves against this storm. Your grand daughter is gorgeous! I hope she likes her birthday cake. Its fun to watch them play in the first cake. I cannot believe you and Mia have so many siblings. WOW.

Amanda: I'm like you on the profiles I want to keep going back and adding pet peeves. So much S%#T urks me. But anyway I didn't know you was going to school. What are you taking clasess in?
The is no-way at this stage in the game can I run up and down steps. If I did it would only be about Ten of them. And maybe I'd last 5 times. But you know what I'm going to try that on my basement steps tonight after I do my pilates.

Brat: I Love your quote, "Don't Hate because I'm beautiful hate me because your boyfriend thinks So! LMAO Chemistry can be difficult as you know. The key is to find you a Hot Tutor. Sounds your Stomach is shrinking, you go Girl. Thats alway a great feeling. sorry about your Great grandfather.

Iwantnewpants: Sushi-ewwww, Raw or not? I have friends that love that stuff, I'm afraid to try that. Do you work with agent for your acting? Thats a nice goal to have.

Mia: 15 Siblings!! Wow! You're like Bonnie, unbelievable. There has got to be a lot of love going on. Are you guys all close?

I am hurting from that work out yesterday. It was a body sculpting class. I'm going to do it a again on thursday. The instructor took the class out for drinks afterwards. I wanted to go but didn't. Its too earlier for me to drinking, I want to see results first then maybe I can indulge a little bit.

Its neat seeing where everybody is from.

Lets sweat til we're wet.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #72  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Kandice I definitely up for challenge in Sept. Great idea! I haven't got in those other challenges cuz it seems like a lot of peeps already.

Prize idea was a good one, we can make it be the winners wish not max the $15 amount you said.

The water challenge is getting a little easier to reach. Sometimes! I guess if its a challenge it needs to be challenging. Did that make since?
Like Stairs, that my bad knees hate, or making it through your hardest video 5 times this week (mine Billy Blanks or pilates) scared of these two.

Lets all decide whats best for everyone that wants to join. I don't care which one we choose either way. I'm up for the challenge.

Altari: I have never known anyone with the same B-day as Mine. I can't believe it.

N2: me and you have the same job title. The call me the Office Manager and the Operations Manager wish ever works at the time.

U2girl- I still can't believe we both live in st.louis.

Nice Picture kandice
Old 08-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #73  

Hi Sapphire - I'm not in school. I'm going back in January. I didn't know I'd mentioned it.... Maybe I did. It's been on mind a lot lately.

I was originally going for elementary education / group science. A few years ago, though, I decided that I didn't really want to teach. I'm still undecided, but I don't want 80+ credits to go to waste. My job will give me tuition reimbursement to get either some type of business or engineering (not gonna happen) degree. So it looks like a business degree it will be! I'm still not really sure what I want to do when I grow up. Not as far as my 9 - 5 goes anyway.

Lately I've started writing childrens short stories again. I've been thinking of educating myself on how to have them published. I'm really enjoying it. I had forgotten how much I loved writing. I'm rambling, aren't I. Oops...

The short, more direct answer to your question is I'm not in school right now. I'll probably end up with a business degree though.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #74  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Okay, I emailed Danielle to find out where she got off to!

~melissa
Old 08-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #75  

Thanks Melissa
Closed Thread