Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #136  

Smile

Amany! That dude bothered you all night, didn't he? You woke up thinking about how to handle his sorry tail. Well, I'm glad that you are making the decision to let him know he is out of line and that it will be a problem for him. Hopefully though he will quit it, and it will fade away and it won't be something you have to think about dealing with. No one needs that kind of aggrivation in the work place. That's why certain rules are set up.

I hope you have an outstanding day!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #137  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Morning Ladies,

The storm is gone and all we got was a whole bunch of rain. Other then that it looks great here. The kids were a little upset because they had to go back to school this morning but sorry for them and great for me. Got so much to do this morning have lots of bills to go pay and things to do. A BIG HELLO to everyone and hopefully later I will ahve time to read the post and see what you all have been up to .
Old 09-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #138  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning lovelies...whew am I running late today, gonna have to make it short and sweet! Guess what...I was down 2.6 lbs today!!! WOOHOO!!! Darn it doesnt count towards the challenge but thats okay!! I still have to measure but thats gonna have to wait till this afternoon!

Aqua....have fun with those cupcakes! I love to bake lately, but my family wont eat it when I do. Just not sweets people! Good for me! LOL!

Amanda...its almost vacation time!!! I'm so happy to hear you had fun last night, I think you needed it!! I hope today goes great for you and whats his jerk butt stays clear!

Bonnie...so glad that you didnt get nailed with a nasty storm. 4 more days and my kids go back too!! Yay!

Alright I better get rolling here! I'll be back today to update my stats for the challenge. Kinda quiet this morning..where is everyone!! Have a lovely day all!!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #139  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Goodmorning Ladies

How is everyone doing this morning? I'm am pumped up this morning. I have already had to fire someone this morning for insubordination. . I been wanting to do that for awhile.

I am ready for this challenge. Whooo I got measured yesterday and I don't like my measurements. But that is going to change. I already put them on the challenge page.

Amanda - You did exactly what I would have done with that envelope, except I would never had picked it up. I called the engineer and told him that I would love to mail it out for him but I can't and if he wanted to know why just ask Bob. But I'm not level headed and your were about the whole thing, Good job
Old 09-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #140  

Smile

Butterfly50- Hi! Glad the storm has passed.

Hun.e.B- Yay!!!2.6 pounds? You are awesome!!!!!

sapphire35- Firing someone, and it ain't even lunch time yet... YIKES!!!!! I hope your day goes well. All is good here so far. I'm glad you are pumped. It gets me pumped.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #141  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Aqua - Yes that doody face was the first thing I though of this morning. That's why I needed to deal with it. Thinking about him at home is giving him too much of my personal space.
Of course I had thought of exactly what I would tell him and it didn't go that way . I let him know that I was offended by what he did yesterday and all the other inappropriate comments. He immediately started apologizing and said he was sorry and only meant it as a joke. I told him that I didn't take it that way and when he comes to my desk to state his business and go. (I did get to say that part.).
So, hopefully, it's over with. We'll see. One of the things I think I have pegged right about him is that he's passive-aggressive. So the more direct you are with him, the better it is. He's not been anywhere near my area since this morning, so I hope that is a sign of things to come.
BTW, I've been meaning to congratulate you on your pound. WTG! I know you're working your hiney off, because you haven't put back on a single pound that you lost from the liquid diet. I know that's a really good feeling.

Melissa! 2.6 pounds is an excellent way to start September off! Did you do the carrot dance?? Way to go chicky. You deserve it.
You're counting down the days til the girls go back? How do they feel about that?

Sapphire - I actually considered doing what you said you would have done. Calling the engineer. I didn't want to drag a bunch of people into this though and make it a huge office issue. That's what it would have become. The engineer is such a sweetie too. He once played this practical joke on another guy in the office. I was unwittingly dragged into it. Once I found out, I joked with him about how he and those other engineers are supposed to be doing things to make life easier for simpletons like me. Not playing tricks and confusing us. He didn't know I was only joking. So a few days later, I go to my desk and there's a card and a box of these huge cookies from the bakery. He went through the trouble of finding out that cookies are my favorite sweet. Nice guy. I've been trying to find him a wife ever since.
I know what you mean about your measurements. I hate having my measurements done, but lately I've been thinking about doing it on my progress pic days once a month. I belong to a fitness center (that I don't use ) and they'll do it there.

Bonnie - I'm glad Ernesto left you unscathed. I'm also glad that, for least part of the day, you won't have to share your house with the kids. Seriously, though, I'm happy for you.

Well, I'd better go. It's almost my 12:30 "feeding time". I'll check in later!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Ernesto is pounding Us!!!!

Bonnie, thanks for sending Ernesto our way. LOL All the schools are closed today and we are getting hammered with rain, flooding, etc. And it is soooooooooo chilly out compared to the rest of the summer. Takes me a while to get used to temps. and going from near 90 last week to 61 today is a shock to my system. I wish I was home, curled up on the coach watching movies.

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 1 pound. Not what I wanted, but I will take it. I will do measurements tonight.

Amanda - How unfortunate you are to have had the problem with him! You handeled it wonderfully and hopefully since you told him this morning - hopefully, he will leave you alone or at least watch what he says from this point forward.

Melissa - YOU ROCK. Way to go on the 2.6 pound loss.

I am busy at work, just wanted to stop in and say hello.
So hi to Liz, Sapphire35, Danielle, Auqa, Altari and anyone else I have forgotten this afternoon. Will check back in later tonight after I go workout. Hope I don't need a canoe to get home and hope the freakin gym is open since they are even closed Labor Day. Have you ever????
Old 09-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #143  

Smile

Amany- I'm glad you got to say basically what you wanted to say. I hope he is not something you have to think about too much anymore. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to someone at work that is doing things like he was. They always try to play it off like it was a "joke" and try to make you feel guilty for their asinine ways. Thks for noticing that, about the liquid loss not coming back. I haven't mentioned it I don't think, but I was afraid I would gain some weight back when I came off it- but I didn't. The progress has been slow though since then, but that's okay. I have been feeling a lot better, and Doc was right, a lot of the reason for the heart craziness was because I really shouldn't be doing a liquid diet. I'll take it slow and steady, it's cool.

n2luvnlife- Congrats on that pound!!!! Every ounce we lose is a VICTORY!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #144  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Default Tgif!

Hello Sweet Girls! I am so ready for the weekend to be here, I'm pooped. lol I would kill for at least an hour of sleeping in tomorrow. It's my b-day so I think I should be entitled, don't you? I just finished working out. 55 minutes worth of WATP and the bike. I am now sore in new places today, lol, must be using those lazy muscles of mine! Good thing is my legs don't hurt anymore so I can walk again.

Ugh, so now I did weigh in and measurements. Blech on both accounts!! I think I found your 2 pounds Melissa!!!! LOL Was not happy about that at all this morning. I must've gotten on that scale 10x just to make sure. My eating this past week wasn't all too great, but I didn't think I'd eaten that bad. *sigh* oh well, nothing I can do about that now. Onward and Upward. My measurements are horrid, I cannot wait to change those!

Amanda, I am so glad you got to speak to Mr. Whatzit about his "issues". Hopefully that will be the last of it. I'm glad you enjoyed your concert! Nice way to end your stressful day, huh? I would love to take a spinning class, but first I gotta get rid of some of this gut. Blech! I'm just glad that some of the initial soreness is gone and I feel human. lol

Aqua, congrat's on your 1 pound! Keep treadin lady, keep treadin! It's working!!!

Trish, gosh you started your morning off with a bang didn't ya?! Hey, don't feel bad about your measurements, mine were horrible too. We're in the same boat. But just think, we have the power to change it!!!!

Melissa, WTG on the loss this week!!!! I have them if you ever want them back. Cannot wait to see what you're results will be once you start the exercise up!

Bonnie, good to hear from ya chicky. Glad you get part of your day to yourself, I know for me, I love this part of the day to do what ever I want--well, most of the time anyways! Stay dry and have fun.

Lori Congrat's on the pound Miss Thang!!! Good for you! I hope you don't need a canoe either, I hear that rain is pretty nasty right now. Stay safe!!!

I am so anxious for this challenge! I could not wait to get up and measure and weigh this morning. I know, I know...I'm just a big ole dork! Even tho' I am disappointed in the gain this week & not-so-nice measurements, I know I can (will) change it. Just got rid of AF and with all the exercise...I dunno....nope, no excuses for me. Just have to accept it and try and lose them again this week. I just hate the spinning of wheels effect that I am determined to get out of! I will no longer do the proverbial gain 2/lose1/gain1/lose2 thing anymore. OYE, I tried a cardio pilates dvd that I'd bought eons ago...didnt even have the wrapper off it....so the thing starts and immediately this woman jumps into these leg crunchy things while pulsing your arms....ugggggg, I tried I really did but I just couldn't do it! LOL Shoulda seen me flailing around, definitely a moment for America's Funniest home videos! Needless to say, I stopped that one real quick and just did WATP and the bike instead. I'm sorry but cardiopilates is just gonna have to wait!

Alrighty, so I'm off to the shower since I'm still in my workout clothes. EWWWW. Gonna try and get some housework done today so I don't gotta do any on my birthday tomorrow. I would like nothing more than to lay in bed all morning and catch up on my tivo'd episodes of General Hospital from this week. Now that's a treat unto itself!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #145  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Afternoon ladies!! Its beautiful outside and I intend to take advantage of it, after I run and deal with more PTA stuff and take my other daughter to her new school too. I swear this school stuff never ends and school hasnt even started yet! Thanks everyone on the congrats for my 2.6 lbs! Danielle, no thanks I dont want them and I highly suggest you dont keep them either! This is not a case of one womans trash being another womans treasure...be gone with them! LOL!

Trish is firing people....everyone look out!! Hey you need to be our drill seargent! LOL! I'm glad to see you are having such a great day!!

Amanda...how was lunch? Did you walk again? I'm glad you got to confront doody head today I really hope he watches his boundries, I just hate people like that. I'm dealing with one myself, someone very close to me and I havent talked to her in almost a month now because of her comments. Thats not very healthy now is it?

Lori...I hope you get to go home soon! And I REALLY hope that storm is on the mild side. Be safe! Way to go on the pound lost!!! No such thing as only 1 pound. Have you seen that poem? Think of it this way..look at what a pound of hamburger looks like, you lost that from your body!!!!! Congrats!!!

Danielle...good lord woman you are kicking some serious BUTT with that exercise!! I'm so proud of you!! I dont care what the scale says woman thats muscle going on there! Think of how sore you've been the past few days....its not a wonder the scale went up!! You are doing so awesome!!! I havent watched GH all week!

Okay ladies, I know those measurements are tough for most of us to see but that is where we are REALLY gonna see the changes. Thats the PROOF that your body is shrinking and getting leaner and toner. And thats the goal right!! This challenge is going to be GREAT!!! We can all thank Kandice for thinking it up!!!

Alright, off to run my errands in the sunshine! Have a fabulous afternoon!

~melissa
Old 09-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #146  

Smile

Sugar-N-Spice- Happy Birthday!

Hun.e.B- Hi hon!
Old 09-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #147  
I can do it this time.

God i'm so busy i havent been able to do personals or anything else for that matter. I put in the measurements for our challenege. I've never measured myself before and i was a little shocked.

Last night I was supposed to go walking with my neighbor Mary downstairs, we usually go I tried calling and got no response so I decided to go walking by myself. Matt calls and asks if i'm walking I said yes by myself i cant find mary so a few minutes goes by and he says he just passed mary walking with someone else. i turned the corner to go up the street and i see her walking with another neighbor Jo. So I feel bad not that i had to walk by myself i have my ipod so its not a big deal but if we've been walking together everyday for a month, why didnt she call and let me know. did she not wanna walk with me anymore because shes 30 years older or want to go earlier.

oh well i'll just continue to go by myself from now on. that way i can go earlier. and i can go at a faster pace.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #148  

Ouch. Well, maybe she has a reasonable explanation she couldn't get to right at the moment, like maybe her friend she was walking with needed to talk to her about something, and it pulled her away. Give her a chance, it would be a shame to lose a walking buddy if it is something that helps you- though- I'm sure if it is something not good, you can and will do this on your own.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #149  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone thanks for the support Sugar-N-Spice happy b day! sorry i have been mia for a while but we got hit with ernesto and it left our yard a mess plus power was out anyway i hope everyone is okay ill check back in later
Old 09-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #150  

Hi miafluker! Sorry about the mess in the yard, but I am glad your power is restored.
Closed Thread