Old 08-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #46  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello Miafluker. Is Mia your name? That is my daughter's name. I really love that name. So happy that you decided to join us. This is becoming a large group. But that is great. As the old saying goes, the more the merrier. I agree, it is tough to keep your motivation going on your own. Having a support group is real important. We are still in the beginning stages. Still getting to know each other, so you have joined at a great time. Look forward to seeing your posts.

Ugh! Just got back, it is soooooo HOT!!! I just hate it. The girls were absolutely miserable and so was I. It will be nice when I get to my goal weight. I will be able to wear a little less clothes in all of this heat.

Well, I better get going. Thanx for the compliment on the girls RK. Glad you weren't affected too badly with the power outage. My mother's power came on several days before mine, so we were able to stay with her and leave the hotel. Could not afford staying at a hotel for a week, no matter what rates. I am a SAHM and so money is tight as it is.

Take care everyone.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies,

Good lord, this thread moves fast! I dont think Ill be able to keep up....haha.

I have joined you all in the laundry ring - am half buried as we speak...

Aqua - Yeah, I just have this feeling that if I dont change things now, it wont be long before Im heading down a long, disastrous path full of medical problems, aches, pains, sickness, etc. It took me SO long to recover from c-section with Carter (emergency...I hadnt planned on it), and that got me thinking about how maybe my weight really was contributing to my recovery time. I am convinced it was the culprit. Dont want to go down that road again if possible!

Anyway, glad to hear all is going well in here - I feel awful for not do personals, but I guess Im feeling a little overwhelmed right now - 3 pages is a lot to catch up on!

Have the best of days!!
Britt
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #48  

Smile

Hi everybody!

flawlesscube - nope, the laundry never ends... *hearing Elton Johns "circle of life" in my imagination as I look at a dirty pair of jeans I just washed yesterday....*

plumptobump- I had an emergency c-sect as well, and then they followed that cut a year later with the next baby. It is a classic cut, and the adhesions are awful, my stomach looks awful... erg... Yeah, you need to take good care of yourself sweetie. You are on the right track.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #49  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Has anyone ever done Pilates? Does it get better with time?
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #50  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Amanda, I try to do Pilates regularly (though I was bad about it last week) and it does get easier with time. I read somewhere that after the tenth time it's much easier and after the twentieth results are really visible. Though I imagine with those of us who have fat hiding our muscles, the 'visible' thing will be subjective. I love it, though, even on the days when it's kicking my butt. Funnily enough, I really don't enjoy yoga, but Pilates I can do as a regular part of my routine.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Amany - I actually dont know as I cant stand doing the Pilates due to all the rolls I get when doing the positions! Ive heard its amazing and will explore it more as I lose the fat (I have a dvd), but at the moment, its a no go!
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #52  

Hi everyone,
Today was Tuesday so I had my 2 young nephew for the day and then I had to help my son make a Stanley Cup hat for crazy hat contest at camp tomorrow.
Anyway, I do need to make this quick... I just spent so much time reading everyone's post.... What a group we have here... this is so great... we must be the most popular thread

Well just a few quick personals:
U2Girl: don't worry about the interview... keep positive... if you were meant to be there than you will, if not then they do not deserve you

Caroline:
great job on the weight loss, like you I was never thin, but I was fit and a whole lot thinner than I am now. I too lost my exercise drive... I use to exercise 7 days a week... I had so much energy... My goal is to gain that back. What is your current exercise plan?

Amanda:
I hear you on the praying for everyone... I hope I do not offend anyone when I speak of praying... my goal is to send and pass on my love and careing.
As for pilates.... it is hard... I have done it a few times... I was told that it gets better. I was sooooo out shape when I did it so it was really hard. I should try it again. Stick wtih it, if you can... it is tough.

Stacy: welcome back... we all understand crazy schedules....

Miafluker: Welcome... you will love this group. I have turbo jam... I do love it. but I love to walk the beach when I can... I think I will do turbo jam tomorrow.... we are experiencing record heat... for the northeast...

Aqua: how are you? Hang in there.... you are great... thinking of you.

Anna; Keep us informed when you learn about the blood work, if you want.

Well, for anyone I did not mention.... I did not forget you... but i am trying to hurry... I have to work some before bed... I work at home most of the time.

Well some of you were mentioning motivation and health concerns:
Health Concerns:
Well, I am blessed with good health, however I feel I am pushing that with my weight and lack of exercise. I use to exercise 15-20 hours a week, now I am lucky if I do 3 hours. I am so afraid of what could happen.....

Motivation:
I turned forty almost 2 weeks ago... I thought I would be in my best of health... I am not. My son is a 10 yo althete... he is always talking about health... sometimes I feel he is trying to tell me something... I want to play some of the games with him... I want to keep up , somewhat with him. I want to be around for his graduation, his college games... his wedding... the day my 1st grandchild is born....

I want a man... I have dated afew men since my divorce... most of them do not call back or when they do, we don't go out again... I feel it is my weight... I know it is my weight. I have been divorced for 6 yrs.... I am sooooo lonely.
Well I really need to do some work before bed. I will check in soon.... good night to all of you....
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #53  
Caroline

Hi Lynne, I hear you on the loneliness. I just stopped dating several years ago because I got so heavy and self-conscious and I figured no one would want me. Well, of course they didn't, because I didn't love myself, and that's not attractive to anyone. So that's another part of what I'm working on now -- learning to love myself regardless of the size of my clothes.

My current exercise routine is 30-45 minutes of cardio six times a week and strength training 3 times a week. For cardio I swim laps or use the elliptical machine, and for strength training I do pilates and free weights. It's a grueling schedule with work and school on top of that, but it's what works to keep me losing so I do it. And I like working out for the first time in a long time, so I want to keep that momentum going. I suffer from fibromyalgia (a family legacy from my mother's side) so some days it's harder than others, but I work through the pain because I know I have to. I've tried and failed too many times already.

For anyone who's thinking about trying Pilates, I can recommend the Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates DVD. It's a three-part workout that does 10-minute sessions for abs, butt and legs, and you can do just one section or all three for a longer workout. Ten minutes doesn't seem like much, but she packs a great workout into the ten minute abs section. There are also modifications for people who aren't in top Pilates shape yet.

Usually I check workout DVDs out of the library so I can try before I buy. The Crunch series is popular so a lot of libraries carry it.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #54  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

wow you guys are on the ball i have the winsor pilates dvd like one of the first ones they came out with i dont think im ready for that yet i like the yoga show on fit tv called mamasi yoga its a challege i recorded 1 episode so far anyways here is a site that i found for free with exercise it seems interesting wwwtrainwithmeonlinecom

also i have a hard time just getting off the couch can anyone share their workout routines and the times they do them i need to get some kind of structure and to know we are working out at the same time makes me feel better, i found my ball chart so know i can use that again

this is the dance workout i have right now i just have the latin hip hop but i want to get the other one wwwworkoutmusicvideocom
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #55  

Smile

Merrick- back at ya...

I have a hard time getting into pilates. I have a few DVD's, but I just can't do it. I do have a treadmill though and I like it.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:40 AM   #56  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Good Morning Ladies!

I am up at 4:30am, and actually haven't had more than an hours sleep due to the people living above us. For those of you new to our group, I shared this with the other girls, we have the neighbors from heck living in the condo above ours. It's been a long road in just 6 weeks that they've been here. Security has been called numerous times, the HOA has fined them $1,000 twice, and here we are still. Actually tonight (3am) both security and the police were called. Each time they were asked to please keep it down, especially outside---they love the balcony. When there are 5+ people standing/sitting out there all talking at once in the middle of the night it gets quite loud. We continue with the security because our HOA gets reports each morning of activity, thus the fines. Tonight, however, these idiots made a beeline for that balcony after each visit, like nothing even happened. They just went inside and it's 4:30am!!! Now they are walking around the complex and one left to goodness only knows in his truck.....I am so tired of these people! It is two guys (ages maybe around 23'ish?) and the people they bring over, good Lord! As of yet not sure what we're gonna do, I just know that my kids continue to get woken up at some point each night with the carrying on, and school starts in 2 weeks. Unacceptable! You guys may find me living in a hotel til this gets resolved! So that is the long winded version.

I really do need some rest, have a busy day today! thought coming here and typing it out would at least ease my mind a bit and allow me to get tired! So far I've been visited by each of my kids and dh in the last 10 min. or so! Sun will be out soon, so guess I will make an attempt at some sleep!!!

Just wanted to say good morning to you all since I always seem to be the last one here every day. I'll come check on you all in a bit!!! And I was so psyched about getting in a great first day of my new one month challenge!!

♥danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #57  
Caroline

Danielle, I'm so sorry to hear the problem is getting worse. That's awful! I'm glad you called the cops on them, hopefully after that happens a few times the HOA will get a clue and realize these are not the tenants for them. Those guys are renting someone else's condo, right? Someone needs to call their landlord every time they wake you up. I mean *every* time, until he/she gets tired of being woken up too.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #58  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo
Danielle, I'm so sorry to hear the problem is getting worse. That's awful! I'm glad you called the cops on them, hopefully after that happens a few times the HOA will get a clue and realize these are not the tenants for them. Those guys are renting someone else's condo, right? Someone needs to call their landlord every time they wake you up. I mean *every* time, until he/she gets tired of being woken up too.

I agree.. I am just going to say that I hope things get better soon because everyone needs their sleep.

Have a great day ladies..
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #59  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone! I can never say enough about how much I love this thread. Posting and reading your posts really keeps me motivated. It's easier when you're not going at it alone.

Caroline - I'm glad you like pilates so much. We'll have to help keep one another motivated. It's a real challenge to me right now, but I like it too. I have Leslie Sansone's You Can Do Pilates. There's an instructional segment at the beginning that I really appreciate. What I struggle with the most is that move that's like a sit-up. You have to pull yourself up by your abdominal muscles. Oh and the neck pain..... owie!
I think I'll just have to practice pulling myself up by starting in the ending position and lowering myself. I think that will help me to learn to engage those muscles. Then I could use them again to pull up. That's my theory anyway...

Britt - Oh honey do I know about those rolls! I have tons of them. And rolls under the rolls too.

Lynne and Caroline - I understand about the lonliness. I spent six years not dating anyone. In some ways it was good because I had the opportunity for personal growth, but I really wanted someone special in my life. I eventually started just going out by myself at times and really did some things I enjoyed. Like going to dinner, movies, listening to live music. Even karaoke! It became a lot better then, but I have to admit that those things are still nicer if someone is with you.

Mia - My routine is still new but it's working for me so far.
rotating aerobics DVDs in the mornings before work and my plan is to do the pilates as soon as I get home. Right now I only have one pilates DVD, but the aerobics I use are 2 Leslie Sansone WATP DVDs (a 2 mile and a 3 mile), George Foreman Walk and Box, I just order a tape I used to love called Abs of Steel 2000. It has an aerobic workout and ab exercises. Eventually I'll incorporate my two bellydancing DVDs. I tried to go ahead and do one of them this morning, but it didn't go very well. I stopped after 10 minutes. I'll make up the aerobics with the 2 mile Leslie Sansone and then do my Pilates.

Danielle - I'm sorry those awful neighbors are getting worse. I'm really sorry that you were up at 4 am when you wanted to start your month-long challenge today. Doesn't it always seem that whenever you resolve to do something about your weight and start to follow through, that there's always some type of roadblock? I hate that! Try to push through though if you can.

Thanks so much ladies for your encouragement with the pilates. I really want to stick to it and my exercise schedule. I started water aerobics for a week in May, but the chlorine did horrible things to my skin. I found it really difficult to be enthusiastic about any other exercise because I like it so much. I tried doing the water aerobics recently 2 - 3 times a week but, with my dry skin and eczema, it was a no go. I think I'm really starting to get into my exercise now though.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #60  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Sorry about the problems Danielle. We have had some bad neighbors when we lived in apartments and it is awful. It's amazing that people are so inconsiderate and disrepectful. Lack of sleep, at least for me, leads to a very cranky and not so attractive person. I hope your situation gets rectified very soon.

Thistoo, I see that you have lost 15 lbs. Would you mind sharing how you did that? Did you follow points, your own thing? I think I read in an earlier post that you workout to. That is great! Anyways, I would love to hear more about your success.

Well, I put the girls down for their morning nap and once they fall asleep, I should have at least 1 hour. I better start working on cleaning this house.

Take care.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote