Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #436  

Default Happy Birthday Mel!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day and blessed new year? You deserve the best! Loved the fireman pic...... yahooo! Your mall adventures sounded thrilling...not to be repeated any time soon I hope! The gals here are so good with graphics and pics.... mine is just a plain type message for good health and happines on your Birthday and Always Miss Mel!
Thinking of you,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #437  

YUM!!! That fireman was perky uplift to the day!!

I made it thru yesterday and it went quite well and happily after a rough start.
I am going to write up a job description for SS superintendent and see if anyone wants to take it over.

I DID bag up stuff yesterday and no one has noticed yet ROFL!!!!!
When they all start to run out clothes, undies, paper, school books, socks etc they might notice.LOL!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #438  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEL....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEL!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MELLIEEEEEE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEL!!!Hello tou you my dear friend, on your special day! I hope you are not still snow-bound...I haven't had any but where my parents live about 60 miles away, they have had about 1 1/2 inches laying about for about a week hee hee!!!!
Holly had a birthday about 10 days ago....she is now 9 yrs old!!!And I have had her since she was a teeny tiny 9 weeks old! Aaaaaah!
I now confess that my eating has gone to pot...and thus so has the weight loss...it has turned into a massive gain and suddenly I weigh nearly as much as I did when I started out on this game. My diabetes has also gone completely out of control which has meant I am now taking nearly double the insulin I used to take which in turn causes weight gain...vicious circle.
I have been swimming a few times but the water is so cold sometimes I shiver my way through a length and sink into the spa pool for a warm up...except last time even the spa pool was out of order
Well now I have written to you I shall go back and read all your posts!!!
Oh, I spoke to linus over the weekend and she sends her love and says she will get time to post soon...they are all essentially ok and Christopher has 2 teeth!!!

Ta ta for now.....Mellie, are you up yet!!!???
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel----------Happy birthday to you my dear 3fc friend. May you have many more.

Happy--Things are still hectic at work. Don't really know why? Could be I procrastinated last week!!! I think those "pink tree's" are called tulip tree's. The bradford pears are gorgeous here also. Looks like snow on those tree's.

Teel and Nae--- Hello, it's good to see you again.

Holly---I love Avon bath products.

It's time to get back to work. I got up and 5:15 a.m. cause of the birds that have built a nest outside the bedroom window. They must have been on the window seal. They were singing. I've completed my 30 minutes of aerobics now all I have to do are those stretches.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #440  
Just do it!

Happy Birthday Mel!

Hope you are having a wonderful one!

You know I understand the "look" that you get with the chair! My little brother is in one and whenever we all go somewhere, the look comes out! It drives me freakin nuts! He was in a snowmobile accident 2 years ago! Very lucky to be alive! We ar glad he is though he does struggle with a lot of things that he just can't 'do' anymore! BUT, it just amazing how many things he still CAN do! Drive with the hand controls, he is living on his own again, etc... Well enough of that, he just amazes me, so I could go on and on!

Holy cow! I miss a few days and there are a ton of posts to go back through! Very overwhelming! But, I will get to it!

Well need to feed my DD!

TTFN, RED
Yesican2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #441  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

My dearest friends...thank you all for the great birthday wishes!! I loved all of them both written and pics!
I am having a great but tiring day. Had to take some sinus meds and gpoing for a nap and a phone call with Jen. We want to postpone celebrations till the weekend when we feel betrter and richie doesn't have to get up early the next day. We're just waiting to see if he already ordered or bought "dinner". I read all the lovely posts and will come back tomorrow!! Thanks again for all the good thoughts and graphics!! Love, Mel
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #442  
it's always something

Happy Birthday Melody!

I hope you have a great day!

Remember, calories don't count today!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #443  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Calories don't count today???? Suzanne what are you saying? She's only allowed cyber cake. Otherwise she gets aggressive with the wheelchair and runs over the maintenance blokes. =====================

Red - good to see you came back. I look forward to getting to know you and see how you are going. Some don't come back after working out how nuts we can be from time to time. See that you stick around huh. We're okay when you get to know us.

Ceejay - Good to see you getting that exercise in. It may take a while to show results but when they come they are great. Birds nesting near your bedroom? How nice. What fun.

Teel - You are here!!!! and I didn't have to ring and blast you. So you have slipped on the diet. Well it is not the end of the world, now you will need to pick yourself up and get back on the wagon. I'll send the wagon around for you to get on tomorrow.

Holly - well done on bagging the stuff. Now it goes out to the shed or the basement or somewhere and if no one ever notices, to the bin.

Nae - Good to hear from you.

Happy - loved the graphic description of the birds and the flowers. Naughty little wren!! Still I guess she gets her kicks out of life. Seahorses are similar - the female bears the young and leaves the male to get on with raising them. Only comes back for more of the same when she feels inclined. Yes I will be home for 4 days over Easter and another four for Anzac weekend the weekend after. I'll be working from home on the Monday hopefully, if I can get my computer set up right.
The orchids get watered twice a week. Fed when I remember and kept in the shade of the Poinciana tree where there is high humidity. All they require is a reasonable variation in temps between day and night in the winter and they look after themselves. No pampered plants in my garden. Since I am away, I have taken them around the back and hung them on the clothes line and put a shade cloth over the line to keep the worst of the sun off. They seem to be thriving under there.

Meadow - the son arrived, ate dinner, went to bed. The cat is either yelling at me or not acknowledging that I exist. My family loves me!!

Went out again this morning and walked/run the peace mile and some more. I went around the lighthouses this morning - yes happy we have two down here. The man from Change Management has just told me I can have a look at his apartment with a view to renting it next week, so that will be interesting.

Now it is time to go back to work again. See you.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #444  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'Mornin ladies,
It's supposed to be a gorgeous day today. Sunny and in the low 70's. Too bad we have to waste it cooped up in an office building. Guess I just have to press my face and hands against the glass, look outside and heave a big sigh.

Thanks Ceejay - Tulip tree. That's what's in my neighbor's yard peeking over our fence. There is still another pink tree with tiny blossoms on it - the tulip's flowers are much larger. But thanks for helping me to identify yet another piece of foilage.

I didn't do too bad at pool / billiards yesterday. Won 2 games but not because I can shoot well Well actually yes on one, I did get more in than the other person. Still not going to make me a fan of the game. Got home and whew - couldn't wait to get out of the smoky clothes and wash up.

It's later than I thought - got to get a move on the morning. Later chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #445  

Well here it is still raining and a really miserable day. I haven't really any news but thought I would make you all faint by posting 2 days running! Ha ha ha!!!
My friend (well him and wife used to be good friends!) went for an interview in Edinburgh..he has got through to the second round which was yesterday. It will be funny having them in Linus's neck of the country. Shame I haven't got the friendly relationship I used to enjoy...it would be a very useful holiday home!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #446  
Happy September

Default What a day

I am glad BD's only come once a year. It had it's ups and downs but was a great one on the whole. Spent the night with Jen while we listened to Richie snore. Poor guy was up since 4AM. But we had a good chin wag none the less.
More gift cards to go shopping with, Harry Potter dvd of course, pjs, slipper sock thingies, books, money, some melamine dishes & tray, my haircut was from Fran in the office, journal & pen, wallet, tote bag, t-shirt, lovely tea towel(linen type). I think that was it! I had to make 2 trips as I couldn't carry it all!!! My friend Antoinette gave me a lovely angel that comes in it's own box about friends. I immediately thought of all of us and her while looking at it. I am blessed and it's a GOOD thing.
A neighboir made the 3 of us chicken and rice and fried plantains for dinner. It was VERY delicious and I probably gained the 2.5 lbs back So I am glad Suzanne gave me special permission! Well it's back to the norm and I must go and pedal.

Suzanne~ thank you so much!! I was so surprised to find you here on a visit.

Shad~ I didn't run anyone over but I will admit to thinking about it!!!! Lighthouses....one of my favorite things!! Enjoy your time there too!!

Happy~ there were days I wanted to be like that dang bird!!! Hope your body enjoys the warmer weather! I know mine is!!! Get that pool ready!!

Red~ I was sorry to hear about your brother. A shame. But that "look" does get to me at times. It's like "what are you doing out in public" look. Sometimes I smile sweetly and say Hello...it forces them to either answer or turn away..... 5 seconds of THEIR discomfort can make my day!!!
EVIL MEL comes out

Hello Missing Worldly Chickies!!!! Happy Wednesday and enjoy the day!!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #447  
Happy September

Default Miss Teel...........

HOLEYMOLEY!!
TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #448  

Earlier today............Is cold left over pizza for breaky healthy if you eat it with some yellow pepper and strawberries???
When I was 40 lbs thinner i ate like this all the time.................................

I will empty dishwasher and then file away dirty dishes.
Play some piano.
3 Preschoolers here.
Going to the thrift shop to drop off culled books and then browse, of course.

DS was a trooper at the dentist. He had a big procedure done. He had a cavity with infected
nerves. He was in a lot of pain. They drilled, removed part of the nerve, medicated the rest and then filled the tooth. 1.5 hours and sweet boy never flinched.
I didn’t get my beef, will do that this morning or at 1pm. Was running late and picked up pizza. We ate quickly(1o min) and then off to gym for DD.
When you eat take out there are no stinkin dishes.

Feeling more positive about my life.
I put out to the SS that I would like to step down as superintendent. Got some panicked phone calls. They think I AM
the SS. They should pay me then , LOL!!
I volunteer a minimum of 30 hours a month. Imagine if I put that time into Avon..................

Just now........Got the beef!! we paid $1.79/pound. We have 199 lbs. MMMMMMMMMM!! Steak for supper!!!

The township is cutting down trees across the road. Hubby is debating leaving work early to scavenge the wood.A couple retired guys have been scooping it all. Free wood= free heat all winter. There are about 15 trees marked. 5 are down already.

Must go put meat in the freezer.

Oh, the kids have been asking for a guinea pig(DD)& hamster(DS). I put a flyer up in town looking for cages. We picked up one that is missing a part but can be worked with. Free is good.
I LOVE rodents. Hubby thinks they are something you whack with a shovel in the barn.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #449  
Radiate self!

It is snowing I will never get to play in the garden!

Mel-nobody has more power than you, you are the princess of all you survey! I'm glad your birthday was full of attention and good vibes. What books? or are they the naughty kind and you don't want to say

Happy-did I thank you? I really delighted in your description of the birds, kitty pouncer and fauna. I have nothing but white outside my windows, you lifted my spirits

Shad-what is your favourite quote from the Peace mile? I hope you hugged Sunday and purred in the fur to hold you till you get back on the weekend. Our new puppy is driving my cats to vicious paranoia, I scoop them up all the time and whisper that cats rule, dogs drool

Rose-simple sentiments are sometimes the most powerful. I thought your birthday wish to Mel was lovely. Don't compare yourself to others, you are terrific and caring in your own way and with your own style.

Holly-what are you playing on the piano, come on, tell me. Isn't it amazing that folks just take it for granted all you do? I hope you are committed to letting go of these responsibilities that are taking away from what you really want to be doing. Nice to be useful, but giving yourself the gift of making priorities that feel right for you is huge. Dentist, ew, good on the little guy for taking it in the mouth without too much hassle.

Red- glad you are reading and posting. We really enjoy hearing about what is going on in each others areas of the world. What is your favourite place? What is the word that always makes your grin?

Ceejay-so you have birds as your new alarm clock? How did you train them to do that High five for the exercise, you are doing great.

Woot, Teel is becoming a regular again

Suzanne, are your reading regularly or just popping in to give Mel a hug. Not that there is anything wrong with that

Last edited by Meadow; 03-08-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's afternoon already. Ugh where did the morning go?

Happy--The smaller blossomed trees could be pink dogwoods, plum or peach tree's.

Meadow--A Spring snow. The weather men are predicting thunderstorms here. It's suppose to be 70 degree's outside today.

Mel--Glad your bd was a good one. Thought about you this morning. We have an insurance meeting on the 24th, the water department and fire department are schedule at the same time.

Need to post yesterday's work. Then keep an eye to the sky. Gotta have all the tanks as full as possible today cause of the weather.

Holly--I'll say that pizza is good for breakfast if you'll tell me that popcorn is good for lunch. he he.

Hello to all the rest
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote