Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #241  
Cruise Queen

S/C/G: 167/163/145

Gail, I will try posting the pictures here.

This picture is of the smaller of the blue dresses when I got down to 138 in November 2004. I thought it was a smaller size but silly me it is a 10 P but I guess that is still small. I did find I have a size 6 dress in my closet but that really not fit

OK I ive up 3FC does not let you post pictures very well and what you can upload are way too small so here is a link to where they are at CLF

http://www.cruiselineforums.com/foru...cruise-46.html

The above is page 46 then go to page 47

Last edited by laffnvegas; 01-21-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #242  
Cruise Queen

Gail, BTW, those LC Panini sandwiches are wonderful. I will have those with a little bag of carrots. I just wish they were not 300 calories and they were just about 40 or 50 calories less. But then they probably would not be so darn good.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #243  

Default Thanks for the link, Lisa

The blue dress is beautiful, and so are you. That handsome man at your side isn't too shabby either.

I like to hear the nice comments you ladies make about your husbands. I'm glad you appreciate them. I've been a widow since 1979, and it's always bothered me when a woman doesn't realize or appreciate when she has a good supportive husband. Of course, I know some husbands sure don't appreciate their wives either! And I also know some marriages aren't "made in Heaven"...mine being one of them. Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic.

I like how that forum pinpoints exactly how long it is until your next cruise...that's neat! Our Indy newspaper told exactly how many days it is until the first season opener football game, so I had to call and give my son the news...I think at the time it was 274 days or something like that. That didn't really make my son's day as he was looking forward to a Super Bowl run by our Colts!

I wish we could do that with our diets. Like in exactly 302 days, I will be at my ideal weight! Possible...but not probable!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #244  
Cruise Queen

Gail, Thanks so much. Yes, I think that man by my side is pretty special too. In March we will be married 29 years and he truly is my best friend and I am his. I thank the good Lord every day for what we have together and know that each day is special. I guess that is why we plan so many cruises, we know that while we are healthy and financial able to we need to enjoy life.
I don't think you got off topic really, this forum is all about support and feeling good about ourselves and helping others to feel good.

BTW Jill, you said you don't think I will gain much, I don't know about that First off Holland America is promising to have a plenty of our favorite Asti Champagne on board, then we are planning on brining some of our own champagne for the cabin. The only good thing is that Aft cabin is such a long walk to anything except for the Dining Room which is just below us 3 floors I did notice that in October when we did this same cruise and had the same cabin that I certainly did not worry about what I ate or drank and only gain about 3 pounds in the week. I honestly think it was becasue I did so much walking. I spent several days in the Spa Thermal Suite and it is way forward so just walking there a few times was a full mile. Three times around the Promenade Deck is one full mile. We also NEVER take the elevator so I think that helps a lot.

Well, got the brows done already and it looks much better. I think the redness has gone from my face so I will put on some makeup and go out shopping
Old 01-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #245  

Height: 5'1"

HI Everyone, count me in on the "pinkey swear". I really need the support more when I do get to goal weight! I was at goal last summer and gained it all back. Just a little extra "here" and "there" and the pounds pack back on!

I also think it would be a great ideal for the members to post names. I think it would make it more personal.

Lafinvegas, I love the blue dress and you look lovely in it! And the guy beside you isn't half bad!! Good to hear that people are still in love after so long. I've been married for 41 years!

Good night all, Freda
Old 01-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #246  

Default Can I join too?

Goodmorning everyone - well at least it is mid morning where I live I joined up this website this morning and have been reading through a lot of forums and things and thankfully came across this one which I think would be really great to join - I turned 50 last July and tomorrow is my first day of my millionth effort to slim down. I did it when I was around 44 (the divorce stress assisted too!) but since then, I have put on the weight again (thanks to my wonderful new husband of 3 years).

I visited the doctors again on Friday to be told my cholestorol is still high so now I'm on medication for that , my blood sugar is still bordering on high and a few other bits and pieces that point to a big need for weight loss. So, I have given myself a 6 week initial goal as that is when my next blood test is to see if my cholestoral has lowered due to the medication. I have a total of 33 pounds to loose to get me to the top end of my healthy weight range. I've never been a small person in weight but I'm only 5'3" so I cant afford to have too much weight on.

I'm probalby going to join back at WW next Wednesday. I am a lifetime member there and I think it would be the best option for me at this stage as I find planning and organising my eating, very hard to do. I work full time in a fairly stressful job with long hours. I need structure in my eating so I can pack my lunch and snacks for the day and make sure I eat a proper breakfast before going to work. We eat out a lot which not only packs on the weight but eats into the finances so it would be good to stop eating out so much and make healthy meals at home at least while we are trying to lose weight.

I also want to be able to run around effortlessly with my grandchildren - a boy and a girl both around 3 yrs old. They certainly keep my husband and I on our toes and its fun to play with them. My husband needs to loose 44 pounds so we are going to help each other out. He's a chef so he picks at food all day long I'm hoping he will go to WW with me but I doubt it. I think he will just 'do his own thing' but I'm going to see if I can persuade him to join too.

So I'm hoping to join in this support group and I look forward to enjoying my time here with you all.

Helen
Old 01-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #247  

Default Hello Helen

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Blue"]Helen. So happy to have you join our group of chicks and a couple roosters. Everyone is so supportive of each other. We are all becoming fast friends.

Freda...No I haven't started lifting weights, but I'm going to start this next week with tonin ropes, with Richard and the gang.

Elyn....MMMmmmmm hot chocolate and a shot of Bailey's sounds wonderful about now. It's cold and snowing here, and I haven't been able to get warm all day.

Patt.... on your one pound loss. Couldn't be happier for you.

Jill...Count me in on the "pinky swear". Maybe one day we could all meet in Florida.

Lisa...You look lovely in your blue dress. Very nice HH next to you also.

I have had a pretty nice day, even though I haven't been able to get warm. Today was my day of rest from exercising, back at it early tomorrow morning before I get ready for church.
I'm really proud of myself, I have stayed within my points and I haven't been tempted to eat a piece of Rhubarb pie that's in the refrig. I had a tangelo instead. I have to say, I have eaten more raw broccoli and mushroom in the last two weeks than ever before. I usually eat a cup of each with my lunch or dinner with Lt Ranch dressing. Tonight, I made myself some Holiday rice and saute Margarita Lime Shrimp. Very yummy.
You all talk about cruises, and I have to let you know we cruise also, but in our cars. Right now our 57 Chevy Convertible is in the restoration shop, it should be done by the end of April in time to go cruising and hit the car shows. I would love to go on a real cruise, but I'm afraid I would be seasick.

~Later~

Cheryl
Old 01-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #248  

Helen welcome! You've found a great group to hang out with here. Lots of postive support and encouragement.

Cheryl, great job eating all those veggies, and fruit for dessert. I like your idea of cruisin' also. I remember my dad coming home after work driving a 1958 green chevrolet...I can still see that car so plain. I was about 9 years old I think. Before that he had a 56 chevy; working for General Motors, he always bought GM cars.

Remember when you could tell the difference between a ford and a chevy? Even as kids...cause my brother and I had a game to pass away the time on long trips. One of us would count the fords, and the other chevys and see who counted the most. Way before game boys, huh?

I live close to IRP in Clermont, Indiana and I like it when there are car shows there, because I see lots of old vintage cars driving around town.

Gail
Old 01-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #249  
Cruise Queen

Helen, so glad you can join us. Just jump in and start talking

OK I had breakfast this morning of yogurt, a little wheat germ in it for crunch and a 1/2 cup of Grapefruit juice. I was bad and did not get lunch in but we went to dinner at Tony Romas I was not terrible terrible but I was not overly good either but since I had lunch. I had a half rack of baby backs, a little bit of coleslaw and what the call Roma Tomatos. I did not have any bread plus I only had ice tea. I think I did not do too bad.

OK I must admit I went shopping and felt like I hit a gold mine I had said I did not want to buy new dresses but these 3 dresses were so wonderful and they were 50% off at Dillards. I did a little fashion show for Tom tonight and he was really impressed. Two of the dresses are for the Formal night and one is short and for the Semi Formal night. They are nothing like my other dresses. It really surprised Tom. I should have had Tom take pictures of me in them while I tired them on. Oh Well you will just have to wait till I get home from the cruise and post pictures Two of the dresses are a size 12 P and one is a 14P. All three are the type of dresses that are a bit stretchy and will still look good when I loose some more weight which is good because then I can take them on our cruise in May to Alaska.

Well, I guess that is all for tonight, hope Everyone had a Great Day
Old 01-22-2006, 06:21 AM   #250  

Here I am on the other side of the world in hot humid conditions and you are all in your winter!

My hubby came home from work today and his boss (also a chef) said he hopes DH hurries up and starts his diet so they can do it together. He said they can take turns in making up salad plates for their lunch. What a great idea!

I have made up a plate of left overs for my lunch at work tomrrow. I have been off work for 2 weeks on vacation so I need to be organised tomrrow. I must make sure I eat breakfast tomrrow before I leave. I have not done my grocery shop yet so I dont have a great deal of really healthy stuff at home but enough for me to get by. I have my 14 yr old step daughter staying with us until the end of next week and she's a fussy eater so I am just cooking basic meals - shes a carbs and meat person (yes, she's a big girl and we try and encourage healthy eating when she's with us for her 2 holidays per year for usually about 2 weeks per holiday. She has a large persons frame so she is not meant to be petite).

We are going to a Japanese restaurant on Tuesday night with all the family but thats fairly healthy so I'm not too worried about that. I think before T goes back home, we will go to Thai restaurant as thats kind of a tradition each holiday time she comes over (she lives on the other side of the country with her Mum). So apart from those restaurant meals, we will be eating fairly healthy food during the week. I really hope to get back to WW on Wednesday unless I find a good eating plan between now and then.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #251  

Morning everyone thought l had better check in. l know l have missed a lot, got the flu and really feel bad. l have tried to stick with my diet, but it is so hard, just don't feel like eating half the time.So my body may have gone into starvation mode. Have this infernal cough that won't go away, so am getting very little sleep. Lisa you do look beautiful in that blue dress and what a HH.Looks like everyone is doing wonderfully, count me in on the pinky swear. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #252  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Helen! Welcome to our little 3FC world! Yes...we're a great group and getting closer all the time. Glad you could join us all the way from "down under"! Warm here too....I live in Florida and just love the heat. It's 80 today and ...my kinda day. I see your HH's birthday is March 9! My HH's birthday is March 10th

Lisa.....WOW! THREE new dresses!!! You will be the Belle of the Ball on this cruise! Can't wait for the pics of you!! It's funny tho when I read about you planning for formal and semi-formal nights on your cruise....HH and I like to cruise on Princess so we don't have to do that! If I can't wear my flip-flops I usually don't go ....so casual dining is for us. I have a tea-length black skirt that I take, along with a sequined "t-shirt" (along with my rhinestone flip-flops...LOL) in case we decide to eat in one of the specialty restaurants, but other than that, I wear my capri's and a casual (not T) shirt for dinner!! See ya'll?? There are loads of cruise choices! As far as sea-sickness....I'm usually the first one who gets motion sickness on a car trip ....but cruising doesn't trigger that....I guess because the ship is so big and the motion is different. Cheryl.....we have friends who are into the classic cars and we just love to ride our Harley to the many car "shows" around the county each month so we can visit with them and see all the wonderful cars that their friends have.

So...I'm feeling thinner and my pants are definitely fitting better....but I'm not so sure I've lost this week. If not....I WILL NOT FREAK OUT!!! I have to keep remembering that the last time I lost 40 lbs.....I barely lost any weight the first 4 or 5 weeks...then it began to magically melt away. I just have to stay on-plan and keep on keepin' on. Last night I made white chicken chili....a recipe from the Sonoma book. Used the leftover chix from the baked chicken & veggies "en papillote" from the night before. HH is in the kitchen right now making a beefy vegetable soup with lots of veggies, a little beef and some barley. Snacks and lunch for me will be some of his famous hummus on celery and/or a few triscuits. I love that he's helping me to be good and he's losing a little too!

Beth....so sorry to hear you're sick with the flu. Try to eat some good stuff that will make you feel better. I know that cough...I had one like it for months after I had the flu a few years ago....I thought it would never go away. Hope yours doesn't hang on like that.

Glad we're all on board for the "pinky swear"...I know I'm going to need you all FOR LIFE!!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #253  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,
I did ok yesterday but ate again last night. I don't think I did too bad but got to get this evening eating under controle!

Welcome Helen! Glad to have you join our merry group! Hopefully you will be able to reduce your cholesterol and prevent a lot of other diseases by losing weight and exercising. Not to speak of getting more energy to keep up with those grandkids!

Cheryl, I'm going to take a lesson from you and cut up some vegetables tonight to snack on instead of the junk I've been eating! I want to improve my health as much as I want to get thinner. Here in Detroit we have the Gratiot cruise. It's a bunch of old cars and they cruise the strip all day. It's quite a site. Plus they have the old car shows often.

Laffinvegas, You are going to be a fashion plate on your cruise! What color were these new dresses?

mc41, could you send us a little of that sunshine? Just a little!!!

Beth, Sorry to hear that you've been sick with the flu. That stuff really kicks your butt doesn't it! I had bronchitis before Christmas and I had a cough for a month. Hopefully you'r on your way to recovery now.

Jill, your post is making me hungry, and I just had breakfast! That beef-barley soup sounds just the thing for a cold day! I think I'll make some too! Remember that resolve not to "freak out" if you don't lose weight this week! Your body will let the weight go in it's on time. But it will come off! It's wonderful that your pants are getting looser! Shows that the dieting is working even if the scale doesn't do what it should!

Go make it a good day, Freda

Beth and Jill: if you have any extra sunshine you could box it up and send us some too!
Old 01-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #254  
Cruiser

It's good to see everyone doing so well.

The drill sergeant is very happy.

I'm still shooting for the 5 pound loss by tomorrow.
I was down 3 yesterday so that means I need
2 more by tomorrow.

Yesterday a bunch of family and friends had brunch
at a Mexican restaurant.
Low carbing it at a Mexican restaurant is a challenge
to say the least. Especially when you're in a large group
and you have to deal with all the beans, rice, tortillas, chips
and don't forget the Margaritas.

I think I did well, I just had some Chili Verde and some mixed veggies.
No beans, no rice or tortillas. I even passed on the Margaritas,
although they looked SO GOOD!

Reggie
Old 01-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #255  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggierail

I think I did well, I just had some Chili Verde and some mixed veggies.
No beans, no rice or tortillas. I even passed on the Margaritas,
although they looked SO GOOD!

Reggie
WOW Reggie! You did REALLY well at the Mexican Restaurant! Proud of you!

If you don't have your 5 pounds by tomorrow, I"ll bet you will be close!

Yes...we all all doing well.....aren't we!
Closed Thread