Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #166  

Re: leg cramps. An older lady told me that "quinine" works to relieve them. She keeps a bottle of tonic water which has quinine in it by her bedside and has for years. I think she also carried quinine tablets with her when she traveled but the tonic water works almost immediately.

Hope this helps. Can't wait until tomorrow's weigh-in. I had one bad day but that didn't stop me from getting back on the diet.

Thanks for being there, friends.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #167  

Good morning, dear Chicks!

Pamela: WELCOME! I'm also fairly new to this site and this thread, but I have to say it's the best one I've ever seen! I just love that we're all around the same age, all dealing with the same issues (some of us do have more health issues than others...my only real complaint is a big belly and pre-menopausal stuff -- minor compared to others), and all here to lend support and encouragement! Most of us have been on that same weight up/weight down roller coaster, but now we want to stop, so hop on and join us! What's been really encouraging for me is that when someone has a setback, she gets right back on track! There is power in numbers and in knowing that when you do slip up someone here will cheer you on!

Lisa Cowgirl, I am in awe of your 131 lb. weight loss! Wow, wow, wow!! It's truly wonderful.

Cheryl, I also have had leg cramps. I think the suggestions here are good ones. I increased my water, and took a hot shower right before bed. Hope they decrease for you soon.

Bunti, congrats on the 4lb loss!!! You are definitely on your way to your Valentine's Day goal! I was lucky enough to see Juneau last summer when we took the cruise. It's a beautiful city! I work with someone who lived up there for a few years, and she truly misses it every day.

Well, today was my weigh-in, and I'm down another 3 lbs! I can't wait to hit the 10 lb. mark. Best of all, I still feel great and have had NO sweet cravings! For those new members, I'm on the Sonoma plan along with flsunbakd. Now, I am longing for mayo, but it's not at the AAAARRRRGGGHH point yet. I'm actually enjoying cooking again, and just grilled up a bunch of chicken to have on hand. I loaded it up with all kinds of seasonings and just a bit of sea salt. The house smells good!

Time to go catch a movie. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Laurie
Old 01-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #168  

Smile Tomorrow's weigh-in

Hey, I think this group weigh in is helping me. I have been keeping the Monday morning weigh-in in mind as I've gone through the weekend, because I want to have a loss to report for the week. This is great! And really, it makes no difference if some of us weigh in on different days, we all just report our results for the week, no matter when our (weigh in) week starts.

I also like to read all of your posts, and hear what you're up to in your part of the world, Florida, Alaska, even Australia. I like the way everyone is so encouraging. It seems like in every group I've ever been part of (on the internet), some people start bickering and nit-picking, but not here!

It's good to hear how each of you are losing and exercising, and keeping on keeping on even when you have a bad day.

I think we're on to something here ladies and gents, and I hope each of us keep on reading and contributing to this thread as the year progresses and don't fizzle out!

I had some delicious white chili today (made with white beans, corn and chicken) while I watched my Indianapolis Colts lose. I was so tensed up about the game I didn't even eat very much. It was a heartbreaker for us here in Indiana. One of these years, we're going to make it to the Super Bowl; I hope while I'm still around to see it!

That's a good reason to keep eating healthy; just in case it takes them 20 or 30 years to get there!
Old 01-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #169  
Cruise Queen

S/C/G: 167/163/145

First I want to say Congratulations to Bunti 4 pounds that is fantastic You did great.

Cheryl, good for you with going back to WW, When I use to be a WW leader I worked with several that had 200 to 300 pounds to loose. What really ehlped them was small short term goals with rewards when achieved. I remember one gal that in about 18 months lost 210 pounds and she would set goals of 10 pounds and reward herself. One time was a manicure, another was a pedicure, then she would go buy herself new earrings. By the time she had lost the 210 pounds several of her reward were new clothes and new shoes, her shoe size changed too. She could not wait to come back to the WW meeting the next week to show us what she bought for herself. She was a lady with 5 kids and a mother that she took care of and this was all for her.

Gail, I too was having Leg cramps prior to January 1st, I just realized I have not had any since then. Don't know if it is the exercise, drinking water or who knows maybe even the green tea I have been drinking.

Lauire, I just saw your post, CONGRATULATIONS to you too 3 pounds that is GREAT

cowgirl Lisa, 131 pounds WOW, that is absolutely wonderful. Of course you have been at it a long time so you know that that is good for the .6 loss How far are you to goal??

I just looked up what WW says my range should be 99 to 124 WOW I don't see that happening. Oh well, I will just keep wokring at it and see what I can do for this year.

Jill, I will for your weigh in tomorrow, you might just surprise yourself. There have been days when I weighed the day before and was sure there would be no weight loss and the next day
Sounds like you will have fun the next few days we will miss you on both boards.

Everyone else, good luck on your weigh in tomorrow, I bet you are all Losers

Well, I am off to go get on the treadmill, Tom works till 6:30 tonight and I am home alone so a great time to see if I can get in 2 miles. I did 1 mile befroe church this morning.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:45 PM   #170  

Good Evening Everyone,

Bunti... way to go on your 4 lb weight loss. And congrats Laurie for your 3lbs. Looks like you both are off to a great start for the week. Hope I see a loss tomorrow morning.

Lisa...I have set up mini goals for myself. I will have 12lbs gone by Valentines Day, and I've done the same for St Patricks, Easter, my birthday and ect for the year. Will have 100lbs gone by Jan 1st, 07. I wrote this all down in my journal, along with how I will reward myself. FOOD is not a reward, I'm going for the manicure, pedicures, jewlery, clothes. Things that will make ME feel good.

I've increased my water yesterday, and no leg cramps last night. Yea!! But, I was up and down going to the bathroom most of the night. I just look at it as loosing FAT. my friends for all your advice on leg cramps. Nothings worse than to wake up feeling like your leg is in a vice.

I have had a good day, stayed within my points and I'm ready for the week to start. Took today off for exercising, but will be back at it tomorrow, 6:30 am sharp.

Check in tomorrow morning with my weigh-in,

Cheryl
Old 01-16-2006, 05:27 AM   #171  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

It's monday girls ~~

I guess I go first again.
I've lost 2 pounds this week, not much but I guess it is a healthy rate, and hopefully from fat and not water.......

So far I've lost a total of 6 pounds, so I guess I'm doing OK

I can now fit into a pair of jeans which I have not been able to wear for the last 6 months.

I don't think that monday weigh ins is a very hot idea for my case, since my husband is home and we normally eat out on weekends ~ so any "cheating" will definitely show on monday weigh ins, which could be discouraging/frustrating and quite detrimental in my case as it sets me up to binge.
I've been thinking about changing my weigh in days to saturdays, 'cuz I do work hard on my diet on weekdays, and just maybe if the scale is good to me on saturday morning ~ I'll be motivated to not be so bad the rest of the weekend.

Hope everyone is doing great.
We just have to keep doing what we are doing now, and we will get to our goal.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 01-16-2006 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:04 AM   #172  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsunbakd

Tuesday morning, we'll be riding our motorcycle down to The Keys with 20-30 other bikes from our local Harley Chapter. Looong trip. Should be fun and the weather looks good! I'll be doing my weigh-in tomorrow, then be back with ya'll on Friday morning.
Hi Jill,
Do you ride with your husband, or do you ride on your own? I think it is so cool to see a girl ride a motorcycle I wish I have the guts.

Have a nice trip, I'm sure it will be funnnnnnnnnnnnn....... HAPPY TRAILS.......
Old 01-16-2006, 07:04 AM   #173  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieyorkie
Hi Jill,
Do you ride with your husband, or do you ride on your own? I think it is so cool to see a girl ride a motorcycle I wish I have the guts.

Have a nice trip, I'm sure it will be funnnnnnnnnnnnn....... HAPPY TRAILS.......
I think it's way coooool too ~~ We have a biker friend, Deanne, who is 50ish, gorgeous and SLIM...and when she rides her HOG in her black leather pants & tank top with her red hair flying, EVERY man on the road turns to look! I'd feel like the Pillsbury Dough Boy riding next to her! LOLOLOL

Really though...I love to ride on the back with HH. We talk quite a bit while riding...especially on long trips. I think I'd feel isolated riding on my own!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #174  

Morning everyone, well l lost just 1 pound this week, l think, like you Elyn having to deal with my hubby on the weekends makes it a little bit harder to keep control. l do so well through the week. Although this weekend l did have a party to go to and did well there, but blew it when l got home. l am going to add more vegs to my meals this week and more exercise. Am also thinking of changing my weigh in day, as it it disheartning to get on the scale and see little weight gone.Never mind Rome wasn't built in a day and with time the weight will come of. And l guess l would rather have a slow weight loss and be able to keep it off, than lose it all in a hurry just to gain it back and some. Everyone have a super day and lets keep losing. Love to you all
Old 01-16-2006, 07:24 AM   #175  

Default See?? I Should Have Exercised!

Yep....the proof is in the pudding this morning with our weekly weigh-in! I am down only 1/2 a pound....so not enough to move my weight tracker! I am able to button my (slightly) smaller jeans tho....so YAY for that!

Am doing Pilates now...so hopefully there will be better news next week!
And I'm going to stick with Wave 1 a little longer rather than moving up completely to Wave 2.

Elyn....no worries about when you actually weigh yourself....don't ya'll think we can weigh whenever is best for our schedule and report it on Mondays??

Congrats Beth...at least you can move your tracker a pound!!

Laurie....You GO Girl!! 3 pounds! and Bunti....you are HOT! Lisa...you're an exercising crazy-woman, so I'm sure you won't be wearing your FatFat dress on your cruise!

Chicks, I think we're all doing pretty darn good...and doing it TOGETHER! Let's keep on keepin' on!

Last edited by flsunbakd; 01-16-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #176  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone, Today is my weigh in day too. I lost a pound this week. I wish it were more but this old body is hanging on the evey pound for dear life!!! But at least it's a loss, and I realize that every pound gone is one more pound gone.

I had to work the weekend and since I work 12 hour shifts and don't get home intill 8 I don't have time to read all the posts. So I was catching up this morning. WOW, seems like every one is doing so well. We are catching our slip ups before they become a real problem and starting to exercise.

I think this is such a wonderful, encouraging group! I haven't read one negative comment!

I don't think it matters when our weigh in day is. I chose Monday because it's the first of the week and it makes me more concious of what i'm eating on the weekend, when I also have the hardest time. Just choose the day that's best for you.

On the subject of leg cramps. I also get them when I am on my feet too long (like at work). I've found that stretching helps. And, remember, staying flexable is a real problem for us "older" gals anyway.

Welcome to all the new people. Always good to get new imput and a new way of looking at things.

Go make it a good day, Freda
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 AM   #177  

Morning everyone

Weighed myself 3 times this morning because I could'nt believe what it said the first time. First time was 4 lbs, second was 2 and third was 3 lbs. Will get the new batterys on Wednesday. For now, I keep the 4 lbs loss. LOL Will let you know what WW says the loss is for the week. But I'm happy either way, give me a total loss of between 6 to 7 lbs in two weeks, so I'm on track for 12 pounds gone by Feb 14th.

Time for my date with Richard and the gang.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120
......For now, I keep the 4 lbs loss. LOL Will let you know what WW says the loss is for the week. But I'm happy either way, give me a total loss of between 6 to 7 lbs in two weeks, so I'm on track for 12 pounds gone by Feb 14th.

Time for my date with Richard and the gang.
YAY Cheryl!!! : Say Hi to Richard!

Freda....you and I will have to be happy with our little weight losses...but at least we didn't GAIN, right?!

We're all on the right track
Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #179  

My ideal range for Weight Watchers is 135-169. I set my Weight Watchers goal at 155 and reached it in October and became a Lifetime member. My personal goal is to get to 150, right now I am 152.4 as of last Saturday. As long as I dont get over 157 I wont have to pay, I am a free member. I am always prepared to pay on that first weigh in for the month, because I never know what the scale will say. So far since October it has been free, but I have to weigh in each week to keep myself in check.

Lisa
Old 01-16-2006, 10:25 AM   #180  

Well, I'm happy to report a 2 pound loss for which I am grateful. Sometimes I think I have so much to lose that I ought to be losing faster but that kind of thinking has set me on a discouragement path that leads nowhere. So, I am thrilled to report ANY loss! Especially since I did not stay faithful to South Beach Phase I!!! I'm moving on to Phase II anyway because there is no way I can continue eating eggs every morning ... I'll do it for a while but I need something else in between. Yesterday I didn't feel well and eggs just don't set well on an upset stomach ... so I made oatmeal.

I'm like Freda in that weighing in on Monday has always helped me keep my weekends in check. I can't manage lessening my restraint on the weekend or any other time! I just have too much to lose. Maybe when I get closer to my goal. This 2 pound loss makes 5 in two weeks so I am happy ... of course, anything that gets us closer to our goal is positive (or even anything that keeps us from moving away from it!).

So, for all of us, stay diligent and we'll get to our goals together. I'm so glad you are all there.
Closed Thread