Old 11-19-2005, 08:49 AM   #136  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WOOHOO!!!! I did my weigh in and I lost another 4 1/2 pounds for this week. How the heck did that happen? Oh well, I ain't complaining. Tummy tuck here I come!! The ticker doesnt measure in 1/2 pounds but oh well. I feel so good right now, I wonder why I go back to my bad eating habits when I feel so energized and in control now.

Julie, Get better girl. Is your brother there for the whole weekend? I hope you feel better and get to enjoy your weekend.

Noelle, No silly, I wouldnt want you to eat popcorn. It is the only smiley for movies though. So....How was it? I havent seen any of the movies, We have all the books because Alicia wanted them one year and Jay found 2 or 3 of the novels at a yard sale and we went and bought the rest and the little bugger didnt even read them.

Red, Hi. Glad to hear from you.

Dips, Hi. I am sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend having a rough patch but you know I am so impressed by you. Most girls would probably let their schooling slide for a guy. You are my hero, I mean that. You have your stuff so together. Get some rest this weekend.

I am making Taco salad for supper tonight but I am using baked Doritos for it and low fat cheese. I am trying to make a really good supper on Saturdays and have a dessert on that night so it is still a semi cheat night so I dont feel too strict with my eating.

Well, I gotta go eat some breakfast. I will be back later to check in.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #137  

Good Morning Everyone:

It is a crisp 53 degrees outside right now. I love this time of year. What's great about living here is that I can drive for 2 1/2 hours and have fun in the snow and drive home and play in the pool.

Dips: I hear you about men and listening; never shall the two meet. Good luck with your relationship; I'm sure everything will work out. I echo Angie; you are an inspiration. I'm really proud of you. By the way, the pics were fantastic; you look awesome. You know, everytime we go to Italy we fly through JFK...complete with 4-5 hour layovers. One of these times maybe we can meet up for a couple of hours.

Angie: You are awesome. Keep up the great work. You are so beautiful and you sound so excited now. You are helping everyone stay excited as well.

Noelle: A few of my kids were telling me yesterday that they were going to see Harry after school. There was quite a group that was going together. They were soooo excited. Right now, it is the weekend and I'm going to rest as much as possible. Ashley has a volleyball game at 8 this morning...what were they thinking????? Afterwards, we have to go shopping..(oh darn )..for a b-day present for her best friend. Then, I will rest.

Cherie: Sounds like everything is falling into place for your training. What an exciting thing for you to accomplish. I used to love running. I wish I still could. However, even if I lose every pound I should lose, I still couldn't run. I have problems with my feet that I've had since high school and that's when the Dr. said no more running. My feet kept creating sores on them that went deep into my feet and all because of something I was born with. I was so bummed at the time. I do love walking and I do that as often as I can. Keep up the good work.

Julie: I hope you are feeling better soon. Here's some warmth for you.

Hello to Red and Kempy, hope your weekend is great.

Gotta run and get Ashley up. Her game starts in about 45 minutes and she's still snoozing.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #138  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday ladies....(Happy Sunday to Red) I am so amped up right now. This morning around 3am the dogs started going crazy barking. I had Rick run outside to see what was going on and there was some guy trying to steal my dad's betel nut by sawing off the bunch from the tree. He was on the neighbor's side of the fence and had a stick with a saw blade at the end. Rick ran outside and the guy ran, there was a car waiting and he jumped in the backseat and left. Rick hopped the fence and chased him but didn't get the license plate. This is the third time someone has ripped us off like this--and my mom and dad sell this to people to make a little extra side cash. It's really disturbing to think that people are creeping around our house in the middle of the night! Anyway, there were a couple of bunches lying on the ground and they didn't look like they got to take anything, but they cut down a lot of it.

Anywho, we had a good time at the Harry Potter movie. It was heavily edited from the book and a little too fast paced since they tried to cram a lot of the story in....i still enjoyed it though. I think they should've broke the story into two parts and released it separately like Kill Bill Vol. I and II.

ANGIE, you got it going on girl! You're just smokin' I'm doing the happy dance for you Tell Alicia that she better get crackin' on those books--they are just food for the imagination.

Dips, you're right about keeping your priorities straight. After all, schooling will keep you on your own feet instead of having to depend on some 'guy' later on in life. And besides, you're such a pretty young thing and there are many many men out there for the picking

Cal, 53 is really nice! That is a great thing about living within driving distance of such weather extremes, I'm jealous! I have sun and rain, but mostly sun... How was Ashley's game? I'm sure your students will be gossiping about the movie come Monday, I loved it.

Julie, get better! It's no fun being

Hi to Red, Kempy, Holly and Cherie....gotta go and get the car washed. I have a night out with the girlfriends now that I have sent Rick and Michael away to karate camp for the weekened--I'm FREE!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:15 PM   #139  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hey gals

[SIZE=2]You guys are the best. Thank you so much for your support. I still haven't heard from my soon-to-be-ex bf snce our agument last week. I think he's trying to prove a point. But I'm suprised that he isn't more understanding , especially since he's already been through the collge experience. Perhaps if he were to say, " I feel a little neglected but I understand how important your education is and I support you" maybe I would be more motivated to do something special and make more time for him. Instead I get the cold shoulder. The semester ends in a few weeks and he's so impatient.Meanwhile, before school started, I was the one being understanding when it was deadline week at his magazine and I wouldn't see him at all, then when he comes over he just wants to sleep. Men are such babies. At any rate, thank you for being there to let me know I'm doing the right thing.

Noelle- That's the problem with making a book into a movie. You don't have the time to let the whole story play out. Glad you liked it though. You have such a youthful spirit. HAve a great time tonight. I'm trying to get out tonight myself even though I should stay in and prep for my finals but I don't have to get up early tomorrow so I suppose I could burn the midnight oil. BTW that is so crazy about those creeps in your yard. I really wish Rick could have nailed them I can't stand thieves.

Angie- I KNEW YOU WOULD ROCK YOUR WEIGH IN!!! You are gonna do so well this time around, I can feel it You Go GirlCal- I would love to lay-over with you. Name the day! It was a nice sunny day here also. I decided to go out and feed the squirels. Creepy thing though because then they gather around you and get really close and you can see thier teeth and you start to feel like back away back away!! It was fun though, I hadn't done it in a while. I guess that's as close to nature I can get in Harlem How did Ash do today?

J-Take two of these and call me in the morning. I miss you, sweetie.

Kempy- I miss you too.

Red, don't wander too far now![/
SIZE]
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #140  

Sorry I have been MIA. I guess the holiday s are getting to me a little more than I thought. We went out ot eat Friday and had to much wine so yesterday I wasn't a very plesant person to be around. I really shouldn't have had the wine b/c the scale showed it to me this morning. Oh well, another day to work through.

We has this house that is being built right down from us and the guy ran out of money. Well, there is a hugh dumpster there that has been sitting there since b4 the storm and that was Aug. 29 (wont ever forget that date). The thing is full and it has all sorts of gross stuff living in it. Well, Rhea and Echo hang out down there looking for something to chew on. They both know the sound of Joe's truck so they usually run home when he coems home. Well, they were by the dumpster and heard his truck. Joe saw them so he slowed down but Rhea always runs right in front of the truck. He hit her but not very hard. The poor baby ran home and wouldn't come to him. I got her and cleaned her up. I rubbed her down and she didn't scream but she did have a cut on her eye and lip. She had a little blood on two of her paws but she seems to be doing ok. I have her in the house right now watching her. I am sure she has on **** of a headache. Joe feels terrible but I tried to tell him that she is ok. That really didn't make him feel any better. She is fine though but I will keep you guys posted.

I hate to pop off but I have to pu a closet back together. For some reason when we have company I always feel the need to redo stuff in the house. I'll check back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:37 PM   #141  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy, Poor Rhea and poor Joe. That was just a freak accident. I hope she doesn't have anything broken. You'll see if she's back to her old self in a day or two. Hopefully this will keep her from running in front of moving cars? Poor baby.

I just got back from my 3rd viewing of Harry Potter I had a headache last night as well, hanging out with my girlfriends we were laughing so much that I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my brain But! Still no popcorn eating for me --and I got my 3.5 miles in this morning so I'm good.

I've got to go, we've got company over and I've been antisocial for the last half hour Chat with ya girls tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #142  

Just a quick post while Ashley is in the bathtub.
Her team lost yesterday. They sure had fun playing though. A friend told me that whichever team can serve will be the one that wins. So true!! Ashley's team was the only one to return a serve back over the net, though. Not bad for 7 and 8 year olds. Their serves are getting better. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of Ashley at play.

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

PS Kempy: I hope Joe and Rhea are doing better.
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #143  

Hi girls

Angie you are doing so great. Congrats on another loss.

Noelle sounds like you had a fun weekend. Excellent on the walk!

Dips are you on break from school for Thanksgiving?

Cal sorry Ashley lost the game but as you said she had fun and that is what counts.

Kempy hope Rhea is okay.

Hi Cherie, hope you had a nice weekend.

I am still feeling pretty sick. Yesterday my voice was totally gone and today it is back a little. I didn't realize how much I have to talk around the house until my voice is gone! Anyway I made the best of the weekend because my brother was in town. Our Thanksgiving dinner was good. I don't know how I use to eat two dinners in a day. We had a nice big meal and took a walk afterward. Well girls the dryer is calling my name again. Have a nice Monday everyone. Almost turkey day!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #144  

Noelle interesting reading about the Betelnut. Sorry about the people trying to steal from the tree. Do you guys have a motion light? Maybe that would help to keep them out. Thank god for the doggies barking though!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #145  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everyone. I didnt get a chance to post this morning because the kids had dentists appointments starting at 9. When we got home it was so nice out that we all went for a walk AND I did another one just now. This weekend was a nice one. I just cleaned the house and watched movies but it was nice and relaxing. We put out our Christmas lights Saturday night and some decorations in the house.

Noelle, That is too bad about your dads Betelnut. It is pretty sad when people will resort to ripping others off. I agree with Julie that you should get a motion sensor light and maybe it will scare them away. Congrats to you for staying op while having a blast with your friens. You Rock!!

Cal, Is it still cool at your house? I bet it feels refreshing after all that heat.

Kempy, Oh Poor Rhea. I bet she wont run in front of him again, huh? I am glad she is okay.

Dips, How are you doing today? Do you get much time off for the holidays?

Julie, I am so happy to hear that you had fun this weekend. I hope your throat feels better soon, Do you think it is strep?

My kids are on yet another weeks vacation from school, Thankfully they are going to my sisters house until Wednesday to babysit for her so that will give me and Jay some alone time.

Today I had Breakfast: cheerios and skim milk- Lunch: turkey sandwich and baked Doritos with some salsa-Supper: terriyaki chicken, baked potato and cauliflower. Plus I did 2 nice walks.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #146  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls. I need someone to vent to so I'm gonna do it here, okay? You don't have to read it if ya don't want. I feel so old and my body is falling apart My knees are creaking and I had to go and buy a new knee brace for my right knee--that sucks major too because it is usually my left knee that gives me trouble. WTF? I am also having TOM troubles and tried to get an appintment w/the doc. They tell me Dec. 13....oh my gawd! I don't think I can go on that long. So I call them back and beg and plead and they squeeze me in for Mon. 11/28 so I am relieved about that. *sigh* I dunno, I have a lot of things swirling around in my head due to too much medical internet info reading and trying to self-diagnose . I am doing good on my eating and exercising but I just have this weird blue mood right now . Damn these hormones! I go to WW tomorrow and expect at least a pound to be gone so that should elevate my mood.

Angie, you rock girl. SHeesh, the way you're going you'll be down 15 lbs before Xmas. Keep the motivational vibes coming.

Julie, glad you got to spend time with your brother, AND had time for a walk afterward. I hope you feel loads better soon and get your voice back.

I have to get back to work for now. I'll be back later when I'm in a happier place Hi to all
Old 11-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #147  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everyone!! Noelle, I hope your doc can give you some good news. I have knee problems too...sometimes they will give out with no warning and I end up falling on the floor and twisting it and cant walk on it for a few days. This hasnt happened for a long time thankfully but I have been noticing that when I climb the steps to get in the house it feels like it wants to give out. I am hoping that when I get a good chunk of this weight off it will feel better.

I had to go to Mr. Paperback today to put in an order for the Cique Du Freak book series for Alicia...she wants it really bad for Christmas. I also got to order my ipod today and some accessories...Jay had it inscribed but I didnt see what he wrote on it so that is my surprise and I get what I wanted.

Well, I suppose I should get some work done. I hope everyone gets a chance to post today.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:27 PM   #148  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HELLOOOOOOO!!!!! Where is everybody?
Old 11-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #149  
so close, yet so far...

Hello!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #150  
so close, yet so far...

Hi ladies, where y'all hiding? I had my WW weigh in today and I am down another 2.6 lbs Yahoo! I've been having trouble eating all that I need to eat--you know when you try to keep it healthy and then you actually come in under the recommended amount of calories/points? Well,that will slow you down in losing believe it or not. I know I will not have trouble eating on Thanksgiving day though, I can't wait for some turkey and smashed potatoes

Angie, do you have any type of knee brace for when you hurt your knee? Sometimes I'm just walking normally and it feels like it wants to give out. I have a brace that I had to use yesterday on my walk and it feels so stiff and constricting, but it's better than nothing. I've never heard of those books you mentioned, maybe I'll ask my niece if she has any--I need something new to read So Santa's bringing you an iPod? That's cool. I still don't know what I want to ask for yet.

Well girls, I hope you are all feeling okay. Come on in and sneak a post! Have a good evening.