Old 05-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #151  

I've stayed off the scales for a couple of days and I've been back on track with eating. Now if I could only get my husband and darling daughter to stop bothering me when I try to work out.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #152  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi

Haven't been around for a few day...i've been poorly!! sickness and the rest not the best way to lose weight, but i did...can't imagine that it will stay that way!!

glad to see more SA members!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:26 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome YP!! What a wonderful way to accomplish two goals...avoid the scale but go to the gym! As soon as I get the ok to go back into training, I just might have to ditch the scales...but then again I can see myself walking to the gym 3 times a day just to get on the scales there!lol HOpe you become a regular on here with us YP!!

YAYYy for Flower!! Another good way to get exercise! Go to the mall and walk it off! Did you get a nice dress for the conformation? And did you get some nice shorts? I have a closet full of wonderful clothes that I am trying to get down to. I refuse to buy anything but work clothes until I am back to my healthy weight!

Michelle! YAYYY FOR YOU! for staying off the scales!! And isn't it always the way of hubbies and kids to want your attention when you want to do something. Then when you want their attention, they are nowhere to be found!lol Keep up the good work and I hope you find time to workout!

Tulip I hope you are feeling better. Being sick always makes me lose weight..but as you said, it's not a good way to do it. I hope you are better soon. And thanks for posting even tho you are not feeling well.

Leanne how's the training for the race going? Only a few more days!! We'll be rooting for you!!!GOOD LUCK!

I got my exercise today by helping my friend move...up and down 3 flights of stairs several million times!Lol...I haven't been on a scale since the last time I posted I was on...I think that was like tuesday or wednesday...not too sure...gonna stay off till next week sometime...gonna try to make it till next sunday...cold here...cloudy rainy...just wanna have a nice hot bath and relax and watch movies tonite! Workign some OT tomorrow...

Take care and see all you fellow scale addicts tomorrow!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #154  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey Everyone

HS- training is going well, my mom is visiting for a few days so tomorrow when Cameron goes to kiddie Kollege I will go and do my LONG 10km run while my mom watches the kidlets!...SO we'll see how it all goes tomorrow.!!

Talk to you all tomorrow...

Leanne

SURVIVOR FINALE TONIGHT-- YEAH BABY!!!
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #155  

GOod Luck Leanne!! Great Pic bytheway!! I watched the last bit of Survivor too. I was rooting for Tom! YAY TOm!! No scales today ladies...am off to do 4hrs of OT and then come home and curl up with a good movie!Lol

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #156  

No scales for me so far, but now I think I'm avoiding them because I just don't want to know.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:06 PM   #157  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey Ladies

Well, yesterday I did my BIG run....wow, it was my best time SO FAR...68 min 30 seconds....10 km.....woo hoo...yay, and today my scale likes me still!!

my mom left this morning and next weekend the in-laws come, then the weekend after my MIL is coming for my run and the weekend after we're going to toronto to see DOra the explorer (yay!)...which is GREAT because it makes time fly fly fly, and hopefully it will be NICE and WARM all the time! This stuff of nice weather and cold weather SUCKS...

Lol, Happy Tuesday everyone....hope you are able to stay off your scales- but on track!

Leanne
CW 121.6
Old 05-17-2005, 01:52 PM   #158  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi everyone....sorry the last post was so short....i was sooooo poorly. But thankfully i'm back on form today.

Welcome YP hope you become a regular here....we need a few newbies to keep us all sane!!! lol I like your way of thinking about the scales at the gym...however it would't work for me, i used to bribe myself with a treat of a sauna AFTER a good work out at the gym...after just one month i was missing the gym out and hitting the sauna straight away...i have absolutly NO WILLPOWER what so ever...so well done to you!!

Will be rooting for you when you do your run Leanne...love the new look, very slim indeed...keep up the good work..maintaning the weight loss is just as important!

Micehlle - I hope your scales don't fall out with you forever....they've been a really good friend to you, so keep them on your christmas card list!! lol

splashes...4 hours OT...you will deserve your night in and movie watching, especially after the mammoth move you helped your friend with.

once again i must dash...family is need of feeding!!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:22 PM   #159  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The gym thing works for me so I'll stick with it.

Leanne - I'm trying to work up to 10k at the moment. I'm edging my distance up very slowly at the moment but I'm determined I'll get there! I can do a bit over 5k now, and I've got til November I think befpre the race I want to enter so I'm feeling optimistic. Considering this time last year I couldn't run 100 metres I don't think I'm doing badly!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:51 PM   #160  

I stayed off the scales again today. It makes denial easier
Old 05-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #161  
Made my Goal weight!

yp1- YAY, good for you....being that I KNOW how hard it is to run, I know how HARD you are working to acheive your goal! I always say to people, ANYONE can SAY "oh, I could probably run 5km/10km", but it is another story when people say I RUN 5km/10km...its definitely a lot harder to do the actual running than it is to just say you could do it! (does that make sense??)Anyways, keep it up!

I have FINALLY registered for my race, so I am now $48 lighter (haha) and CANNOT back out, not that I ever wanted too, but EVERYONE I know, knows I am doing it!!

Michelle- good for you for staying off the scale, although if we go into denial too much sometimes bad things happen! Just like taking off a bandaid, sometimes biting the bullet and just doing it stops pain later...

Leanne
Old 05-18-2005, 01:20 AM   #162  

Such Busy Ladies!! Yayyy for Michelle and two days no scale!!!

Yayy for YP and the gym!! Hay She's from the british Isles too..should we just call this Coronaton Scale Addicts? LOl I know Tulip is gonna say somethign about that!L1ol

Tulip! glad you are feeling better..you are soo busy...don't wear yourself down and get sick again!

Leanne WOOHOO on the great time! That is something to be SOOOO proud of!! And yes I hear ya about the "i could run, I run" analogy...I always get people saying "I could ride a horse" and once you put them on..it's a different story..same as people saying "I could be a bartender/server" yah then again...no they can't!lol

I'm not feeling so hot...and when I am feeling sick..I get on the scale...so I did..and I lost another pound!! 176!!

See everyone on wednesday!!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:55 AM   #163  
Flower Fan 86

I found a job!!!!!
Have been looking for some time now. Not much around here.
I start on Monday. Have weekends off so I can still take my produce to the market. Husband is not happy about it. I think he knows that if this works out I am out of here! (He is not a nice person and I can not live with him much longer) My girls are very happy cuz they want out as well. If any of you have an in with the lord please pray that this works out!!! Thank you

Have stayed off the scales! Have a great day everyone and thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
Flower Fan 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:22 AM   #164  

My thoughts are with you Flower!! I'll burn a candle for you all weekend! Good luck and GOOD JOB for staying off the scales!! Keep us informed!!!!

Lotsa OT ladies...no scales tho!! Stress eating again so I KNOW I'll stay off the scales for over the weekend!lol

GOod luck on the Race Leanne!

Where is everyone else?????
Old 05-20-2005, 01:51 AM   #165  
I'm lovin my scale

Default The first step is admitting you have a problem

I do believe that i am a scale addict. I weigh daily as soon as i wake up, after i've used the restroom and while holding my breath. I've been known to weigh myself several times in one day, though that is usually because the scale has said something nice to me. When it's not saying nice things i kick it, curse it, then pretend it doesn't exist. But that's just me.
imsexydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote