Old 04-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #61  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Default Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - boooohoooooo!!

I've just tried to reply and was told that i did not have permission to reply in this thread.....oh my, my world stopped (be it only for a sec. or two!). Hubby has been doing some housekeeping on the pc and emptied the cookies / history folders...think that may have done it. Finaly, after re-entering my details they let me in...YAHHHHH!!

Well girls i did it, i haven't weighted myself today....and i'm soooo pleased! However i did eat TWO peices of chocolate brownie yesterday, so it's probably a good idea that i DONT step on them!!

Leanne, it's was money well spent, and you get to repay them evey time you smile. Have a good time with your visitors...but don't eat too much cake when sitting around drinking coffee!!!

Splashes - 5 stone is 70lbs (14lbs in a stone!!) [sorry, i forgot you lot on that side of the pond don't 'do' stones] well done for not stepping on the scales also...can we make it 2 days??? I'll tell you tomorrow.

Hi everyone else.....you haven't posted over the weekend, so hopefully it's coz your all out in the sunshine doing loads of exersice, and not stood in the confinds of a dark and dingy bathroom jumping on and off your scales....leanne - I've told you before, it's doesn't count as exersice!!!!!

I've managed to post my before and after photos, plus a recent one in members gallery..thanks for the tip leanne, i didn't know that part exsisited in 3 fat chicks..it was great to see how many people have changed the way they looked JUST by healthy living!! WOW it was inspirational!!

Well hope you all have a great Sunday...see you on monday. I should be around more next week as i'm on a first aid course through work, No night time shifts for a whole week...woohoo!!

1/7 days without my scales

C Ya!
Tulip

Last edited by Tulip-Fairy; 04-17-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Ok! 2 days no weighing...eating has been pitiful...been a stressful few days...So I have to agree with Tulip and say it's a good thing I DIDN'T get on the scales! Tomorrow will be day number 3. weather is awesome here and been doing alot of house work inside and out...hope everyone has a great weekend! See you all on Monday!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:22 AM   #63  

Oops... got on the scale today. I guess the only positive thing was that it wasn't after my usual ritual of making sure I use the bathroom first, etc. I spent the weekend at my parents, and I was worried about how much damage I did to myself there!
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:27 AM   #64  

Don't worry Michelle! You can join me in my "start again" plan!lol I like your new ticker...very pretty! And hay...look only 3lbs to go!! You can do it!!

Hay Ladies? Where are the rest of you??? KTNA? Soccer? Anyone???lol

See everyone on Tuesday!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:30 AM   #65  

Morning everyone! Just wanted to be up and about before anyone else got on so I could say "NO STEPPING ON THE SCALES TODAY LADIES!!!" So be good and stay off those scales! Let's keep this challenge up! No scales till Friday!!

See everyone later!!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #66  

Hey everyone.
I just can't seem to stay off the scale this week. My husband started a diet last week, and has been telling me nearly every day how much he lost, so I can't resist seeing if I lost anything. He lost 4 lbs so far, and I havent lost an ounce.
Oh well. I know it's easier for men and easier in the beginning. I will try to stay off the scale til Friday.
Hope everyone is good! Great job staying off those scales!
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #67  
Flower Fan 86

Hello!

I just had to post. I am so addicted to the scale! Nobody in my family knows that I own one. I keep it hidden in the closet and take it out when I am alone or when everybody is doing something and I can sneak it out and weigh myself. I guess that I do not want my family to know how much I weigh. If they knew that I had it my husband would want to know what I weigh.
Is that weird? I have been thinking about the scale all day. (That and food!) My weight has stayed the same for months. I am stuck and have tried everything that I can think of to get it going.
Flower Fan 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:23 PM   #68  

I never let anyone see me weigh in either. My husband seems to really just not care what I weigh, I make such a big deal about hiding the number from everyone - but I think being secretive about your weight is normal.
Some people don't mind telling their number. I found it hard to show the number even on the boards here, but it was really liberating, and I'm glad I did!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #69  

Hotsplashes- I've pretty much had that same 3 pounds to lose all month. I just can't seem to get my act together so it's a good thing I set a low goal.

I don't think I weighted myself today. At least if I did, I slept through it and don't remember. I guess that counts, right?
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:09 PM   #70  

Welcome Flower!! Ahh the dreaded "hide the scale" syndrome...i did that too until the bf found it....then it was "How much do you weigh?" "See i weigh this!"...Glad you joined us! Hope to see you as a regular here!

KTNA!! Yes Men lose easier...and as for HUbby's 4lbs...its' only water weight...he'll slow down soon enough and be as frustrated as the rest of us are when the scales don't move fast enuff! And you are right...it is very liberating to be able to put your numbers out there!

Michelle! How ya doin? I'm a Michele too but with one L..as for losing those same three pounds...just change something a bit...cut down on something...up the walking or something...you'll lose it!

Hay ladies...if you are stuck on a plateau...you need to down the calories and up the exercise...that's the only way you'll get off that plateau...easiest way to do it...cut out bread and white pasta and sugar...the pounds will melt away....and you really gotta read labels when it comes to avoiding things with processed white flour and sugar...it's everywhere!!!!!!

So see everyone tomorrow morning! Have a great evning!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #71  

Stayed off the scale today!

Wow, it was hard!

I find if I get right in the shower without stepping on, then I am not tempted for the rest of the day.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:44 PM   #72  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Sorry I missed yesterday, i was sooooo tired last night that i came in, ate dinner and had a really early night. I have a 16 year old and a 13 year old who are both fighting over pc's as one is doing her final exams the other her mid year ones......ooohhh the stress in here is to bursting point......so i don't try to compete for pc space these days, it's only until July (ohhhh). so at the moment one is in the shower the other watching some TV.....so i thought i'd drop in and say hi!

Tuesday i didn't get on the scales, yay-hay 2/7 without my scales.......KTna i think you have a point there, if i jump in the shower i don't jump on the scales....(do you know how much wet hair weighs???? the thing is though that coz i didn't weigh myself, my eating was terrible...way tooo much chocolate...I'm sure it's linked...today i jumped out of bed and straight on to my scales......before i could even think about it.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh back to 0/7 again. BUT it was 1 lb down.....121 yehhhhhhhhhhhh!! it was sooooooo worth it!
So I'm with you HS & KTna at 0/7 again

Hi Flower, that all seems pretty normal behaviour to me, before my hubby started to lose weight, i NEVER EVER weighed myself infront of him. But now we do it together!!!

Well hope youve had a good Wednesday (your probably still having it, what with the time difference and all!)

See you thursday...don't forget, no scales and plenty of healthy food!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:34 PM   #73  

Yayyyy for KTNA!! YAYYY for Tulip!!! I NEVER get on the scale after a shower or bath...like Tulip said...think how much wet hair weighs!! I also have this theory that my body has some how absorbed at least 1/2 the water I've washed with thru my pores!lol so of course I fear this 10lb weight gain just due to soaked up water!lol

No scales for me today and great eating! lots of walking...hurting today tho..so just gonna take it easy tonite...

Hope to see everyone on Thursday!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #74  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey ladies

Oh, I am still a scale addict...BUT, I have only weighed myself ONCE each day for the past 2 days yay..small victory...and my weight is still Grrrrrreat!

On the weekend, I went out with my mom and cousin for a few drinks...as I got home worrying about gaining weight from the drinks...lol, I ended up getting sick and throwing up everything I ate that day...ew...but now I remember why I only drink once a year (usually my bday though)....so that is yet another victory, realizing I am not a spring chicken anymore ( I am 26)...lol, but I did enjoy getting all dressed up to go somewhere that had no KIDS...yay...
Alright enough from this scale addict...

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:24 AM   #75  

2/7!!!!!!!!
I can't even believe I was able to stay off the scale a second day in a row!

I do plan on a weigh in tomorrow.
Hopefully I will go 7/7 next week.