Old 06-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

howdie dooo everyone...Hmmm Bugs...protien...ick...Greece...greekmen...yummm.. .fat hair greekmen in speedos..ICK!Lol

Glad to see everyone here today!! I've been eating like crap..and I need to do rethink the same thoughts Michelle does...I know what i ahve to do..but keep doing the wrong the thing...

See everyone tomorrow nite!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Wow I so should have found this site months ago...like many of you here, I weigh right after I use potty in the mornings, butt nakie and right before bedtime after potty. I only do this when I'm trying to lose some weight....if I go off plan for a day or so I will not step foot on the scale, lol
xJennJennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #198  
Confirmed Scales Addict

If It's Doesn't Rain It Pours In My House!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #199  
Confirmed Scales Addict

WOOPS!
Pressed enter instead of return!!! Doh!
as i was saying....it's pouring in our house at the moment...and i'm not talking dodgy plumbing either Splashes!!! My middle daughter who will remain nameless..I spit tacks every time is say it!!! was sooo pleased to have our 'puter working again after the fizzing monitior she put an animated chiwawa (sp?) on our desk top and froze the whole thing!!!! it' has taken me days and days to get it going again...we're still waiting for the repair man to turn up as our whole system is unstable and keeps cutting out!!! I'm typing quick just in case!!! lol so if oyu don't hear from me for the next couple of days that could be the reason...however it could be due to other reasons.....I'm doing the walkathon tomorrow...we're all limbering up ready for it, we have raised over a £100 for our local children's hospitial...so we're all excited about it!

Leanne - well done on your marathon....what a smile of acheivement that was....brilliant photo!!!

Wellcome to all the newbies...you sound like you'll fit in really well around here....multi weigh ins are the norm around here...we don't even bat an eyelid when someone confesses to jumping on the scales 1/2 a dozen times!!! We just call it exercise!!!! lol So here's to getting to know you all....Jenn Jenn & Princess Cherry Jewel...(what a pretty name...my neice has a bunny wabbit called Princes fluffy...you could be here friend with a name like that!!)

YIP - Greece is a wonderful place, we went to a greek island for our honeymoon..food was fantastic, place was exactly like HS described blue sea, blue sky and brilliant weather. My Uncle is Greek and has a restaurant in town.......so i'm not short of kebabs etc if i'm feeling peckish......not good for the diet but hey it's sooooo tasty! What parts of Greece did you visit?

Flower - We had a taste of our first crop of lettuces and spinach the other day...WOW i was seriously impressed, it's the first time we have attempted to grow our own food and it's amazing!!! We can't wait for the rest of our crops to flourish!!! We have a flower on our cougette plant...yipppeeeee!!! Haven't tried growing watermelons (not hot enough in the UK!!) but my pumpkins are growing!!

What time is the party starting at Ktna's???? I'll bring the popcorn!!!

Trying to remember everyone's post so i can reply but my brain is struggling.....I haven't visited anyone's web site yet...if my 'puter holds up i'll do it after posting this!

wish me luck for the walkathon tomorrow...the forecast is for rain tomorrow...boohoo we've done it in the rain before now...not as much fun for the grown ups but the kids prefer it!!!!!!!!! Mad i tell you!!
Will speak to you all later...........keep off the scales and out of the food cupboards until i get back!

See Ya!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #200  

Welcome JennJenn! you look close to your goal! Glad you decided to joinus! We're a great bunch all with our own little tips on how to weigh yourself on the scales!lol Hope you stick around!~

Yayyy Tulip is back! Good luck on the walkathon tomorrow! Tis for a great charity!! Sorry to hear about the puter and spittacks daughter and her chihuahua! Fill us in on how the thon went!!

Ok folks.,..no scale for me for over a week now but that's because I've been eating so crappy I'm afraid to get on!!

My Petunias are blooming!! So are my little orange flowers that I don't have a clue what they are called but very pretty and delicate! and I haven't killed them yet!

Supposed to be close to 100 degrees here tomorrw...not looking forward to it! Keep up the great work ladies!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #201  

My mom and dad are in town until tomorrow so we'll be running around for the next couple of days. They brought the '62 convertible Beetle I'm restoring that was left at their house when I moved. If I can find the manual I lost when I moved, I might have a shot at restoring her correctly
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #202  

Oh restoration of Herbie the Luv Bug!! Good luck Michelle...it sounds like a fun project! Ok..no getting on the scale again!l YAY for me...I might make it a full two weeks!! Hope everyoen had a great weekend! See y'all tomorrow..
Old 06-06-2005, 07:18 AM   #203  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Michellejy...your my kind of lady...a vw beetle - WOW that is my middle DD's favourite car, she would love one of those, the teenager who lives next door but one has a blue one with herbie stripes on it, as she thinks it's soooo cool!!! We are Austin/Rover mini fans. my hubbie has own one (or more) ever since he passed his test, he restores them too. I have a '89 Mary Quant designer mini in white...she's my baby. DH has spent the winter doing loads of jobs on her, and she is now taxed and tested for the summer! This site is becoming the Scales Addict gardening / classic car / 'athon's club...we all soooo multi talented!!! woohoo!! If you need any advise i'll ask him in you like....they are both old fashioned simple cars to fix, if he can do one, i'm sure he can advise on the other...he's given tips to our neighbour before now!! I checked out your web site...love the jewlery...the mini rosary's are adorable...when i got more time i'm gonna browse some more...your very talented!

Well the walkathon went really well, me, the two youngest DD's and my 18month old yorkshire terrier all completed 9 miles ('bout 14.5km) and gained our silver medal....my oldest DD (nearly all grown up at 16 next week!!!) and my DH completed the whole course at 23.4 miles (39km) it took them 10 hours!!!!!!! I am so proud of them, especially DD as she has attempted this 3 times before and had always been thwarted...one year it rained / hailed / snowed all day!!!!

Flower i need your expert advice...i am growing peppers from seed, i have them in pots on my window sill waiting to plant them out into grow bags at the end of June...however i have just found little white bugs on them...do you know what they are..if so...any ideas as to how i can get rid of them??? I'm not to keen on using chemicals as we hve to eat the veg if i get to them before the bugs do!!! Any ideas??? Leanne...before you mention it... a protein shake is not what i had in mind...ok?? LOL

Splashes...I'm dead jealous of your weather, you get really snow in winter and really hot days in summer...it's just how i remember the Uk bieng when i was a child! now we just get grey days for most of the year with the odd heatwave and blistered thrown in for good measure!!! Enjoy your 100degrees most of us mad dogs would!!! lol

WOW!!! what a talented bunch of people we have here, i'm honoured to know you all....
HRH Cherry Jewel - I checked out your web site your voice is that of an angel...good luck with for the release party date.

Leanne - Where are you girl??? Those lovely legs dropped off and you can't get to the puter - huh??? or maybe she's stuck in the bathroom jumping on and off her scales coz she's so darn light now??? who knows???!!

Well ladies i've got to love you and leave you..housework and gardening beckons!
See Ya tomorrow

PS - who's the newbie who is from Leeds??? Noted it then my brain went and forgot it and at this stage of my post, I can't get in to have a look!
Until tomorrow
bye!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:53 AM   #204  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey everyone

I am still here...we went to the inlaws house for a few days (6 hour car ride) and from there took just the boys to see "dora the explorer" in Toronto, which was suprisingly FUN and now we are back home...lots of driving, no running....arg....hubby is going away today for a few days for some army dog and pony show (where they show off the big vehicles)...so, I will have to take the 3 kids out so I can get some sort of run in today before my legs turn to jelly...
I went without the scale for 2 WHOLE days...but, 20 minutes after I got home yesterday I jumped on it....we are still friends!
Anywho, off to have a great day with my kidlets...
Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #205  
No pain, No gain...darn.

Hi all! I've been sick and I didn't even know it. The past two weeks, I've been kinda dazed, sleepy, my neck and back are sore, my ears feel clogged and I've had post-nasal drip (but it's not really dripping...more like just sitting there nagging me...waiting to turn into an infection). So it's been lingering for the past two weeks...it didn't occur to me that I might have a slight cold until a friend of mine came over and said she was experiencing the same thing! Duh! So that explains why I've been sleeping like all the time and have had no energy at all whatsoever! I was beginning to get discouraged because I haven't been keeping with my exercising, but I've felt so crappy that I couldn't get motivated. Now I know why! But I still managed to somehow lose 1 pound last week~Yay!! And I lost an inch in my boobs... But at least I'm losing!

Call me crazy, but I think my sudden increase in exercising 3 weeks ago might have had something to do with my getting sick. I began feeling like this during my second week of my new routine. I've heard that when you start exercising, your body begins to release those toxins and it's important to take vitamins to boost immune system so you don't get sick...is that true?? I was taking vitamin C (1000mg), garlic (1000mg), and cranberry pills (3 tablets) per day. The garlic for combatting infection and cranberry as a natural diuretic (and remember, I'm a newlywed...hee hee). I've been meaning to pick up some echinacea (which is probably the most important supplement), but I keep forgetting...and thus the sickness.

Thanks to everyone who visited my site! Hopefully, I'll be doing some re-vamping after the cd is released...that's the plan anyway! I'll keep ya'll updated.

Well, I'm still feelin' kinda yucko and I took Allegra earlier so I think I'm gonna go lay down until lunch. I did my exercise this morning, though, so that justifies my nap, right??

Catch ya'll lata!
PrincessCherryJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #206  

Tulip- my husband's first car was a Mini. We saw two of the old ones yesterday, actually (a bit rare in the US). I would love to have one someday, but I think our next project after my Beetle will be an American muscle car. I've never worked on anything with a radiator. My husband and I both have New Beetles as well. We actually met through a New Beetle car forum of all things.

Well, I better head off to get the kiddo some lunch.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #207  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Tulip - that's me I think!

Not much time to post todsy, but I will be back soon, promise...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #208  

Howdie dooo everyone...tis late here and I need to get to bed...just thought i'd say the heat is still deadly and making me eat less so when I DO jump on the scales on friday...hopefully i will be down a pound or two!

see everyone later!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #209  

OK...I JUST had to come on here for a quick note...I jumped on the scales for the first time in nearly 2weeks......I've lost a pound!! I know it's not alot but it's a loss!! YAYYYYYYYYY well gotta go get laundry then go to work! See everyone tonite!!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #210  
Made my Goal weight!

Congrats HOTSPLASHES

A loss IS a loss....good for you, and good for you for staying off that evil scale for 2 weeks!

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote