Old 05-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #121  
Flower Fan 86

Hello everyone!

Did not step on the scale today!

This is going to be just a quick note. I have got to get outside today and do some work.

Hope all of you are well and will talk to ya soon!
Flower Fan 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #122  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Stepped on the scales this morning...no loss...no gain! so no point doing it really??!
Back to 0/7 with the rest of you then!

leanne the Sophie Kinsella books are great, i think i've read nearly all of them. they are very English, now you come to mention it...as for another world...i'd probably think that about where you live too...unfamiliar is a bit strange at first. great place to live tho- I hope you managed the kiddies on your own, did you find a weenie bit scary b eing on your own wiht all three of them? I know i did at first with my third...you get used to it after a while!

HS thanks for the boobie measuring tip...I'm off to do a reading now...might tell you the final figure...depends on how bad it is!!

KTna - well done on your loss, even if you had to break your scales challenge to see it! Hope you enjoyed your party!

Michelle, you've probably told me where your DH's family are from..but do remind me...are they the ones from manchester?

flower - well done for not getting on the scales, how's your veggies doing? My broad beans are being attacked by slugs at the moment...do you know of a non chemical way of getting rid of them?? (I know it's not a weight / SAA topic, but it's nice to share our talents!!)

Be good everyone
Tulip
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #123  

Tulip- I don't think I told you so you aren't senile like me My husband is originally from Birmingham. He's been living in the US for about 5 years, but the rest of his family is still in the UK.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #124  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey ladies...happy Tuesday...My scale still loves me...but I am literally DRAWN to it in the morning

Tulip- yes, you are right, when I lived in Western Canada it was like a COMPLETELY different world...I couldnt believe it when I saw people wearing cowboy hats at a dance club...not too many cowboys here in Ontario...( and NO DANCE CLUBS here where I live) I am not having to adjust too much to being alone with the kids....while hubby was on pat leave he would go to the gym and id be alone with them, so for the past month I have had him go at lunch/nap time and bed time so I could get the hang of it, and if I did have any problems I could just call the gym ( I never did though)...so far it seems to be going well..my house has never been cleaner...ive been a cleaning machine today..

Everyone, have a wonderfull day!

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:50 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

WoW all thsi gardening and cleaning!! I had to bring my plants in last nite because it got down to freezing...my fuscias are still gonig strong but my petunias were getting a bit peely wally...YAYYY for Flower!! GOod work on staying off the scale!! Day two for you and me!! We'll make till Sunday!!! Michelle how is your scale challenge going?? Leanne, 3 kids by yerself? Yer my new hero!! no wonder you lost all that wieght!Lol Tulip you already have beans in yer garden? Lucky you...i don't use chems in my gardens when I have them..saw this great show with my dad years ago..some guy who did all organic gardening..and you don't weed except the creepers...the ones tha will strangle the plants...i get double the produce and always tastes better and healthier too!! thank goodness for horsepoop!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #126  

You guys are inspiring me to try to garden! I can imagine the satisfation of growing your own veggies, and I bet it even tastes better. hmmm...but where to start when you have no idea what to do?!?!
I stayed off the scale today, I think that makes 3/7 for me, holding off until Sunday.
The bachelorette party was fun - but way not my style! The bride likes wild and crazy stuff so I can't wait to get the pictures developed!
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #127  

I managed a couple of days off the scale, but I gave in to temptation today. I'd been snacking uncontrollably for the past couple of weeks so I got everything under control yesterday and checked the scale to see if it made a difference. Fortunately, it did, and I'm motivated to get back on track.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:00 AM   #128  

Good morning! Just a quick pop in to say day 4/7 for me!! Only 3 to go! Yayyyyyy for KTN!!! Michelle..hop on the wagon again! Glad to see you motivated again!! Willb e on later tonite!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #129  
Made my Goal weight!

Congrats Michelle for staying off the scale for a few days, so much better than me...You too Hotsplashes, way to go!!
I am down to 2 times a day weighing myself...mostly because the scale is upstairs in my room and I have a child safety gate on the bottom of the stairs which is a pain to get over, and over and over...lol

Looks like it is going to be a really nice day here today, I got TONS of stuff done in the house and its only 9am (kids and I have been up since 6:30am), so I will try to tidy up the yard and such....it's like a blank slate have NO IDEA what to do to make it "prettier" so I'll start with clean and leaf-less...

Happy Day to all!

Leanne
Old 05-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #130  

Well, I didn't manage to avoid the scale today. I think I got on it about 5 times in a row to make up for any days I may have missed.

I almost bought a new scale today (one of those body fat ones), but I thought that would just give me another thing to be crazy about so nothing good could come of it
Old 05-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #131  

Clean and leafless...i did that with my backyard..now it's still clean and leafless but it has a garden table and chairs!!lol Waiting till it's warmer to plant my flowers...got petunias, begonias, fuscias for my hanging baskets..and some other kinda flower that i have no clue what it is but it's purty...but up at 630am?? hmm guess i'm still on bartender time!lol

Michele..DON'T get one of those bodyfat ones cuz they DO NOT measure the body fat correctly...just stick with a nice reliable digital...hop back on the bandwagon with me...i'm 5 of 7 now...and eating really well! hopefully gonna be under the 178 mark on Sunday..hope hope hope!!lol

Take care ladies!!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #132  
Made my Goal weight!

Hotsplashes- where do you bartend?? (mmm, I could go for a drink now!-ha!) Anyways, we have what I like to call "mitchell-land" in our backyard...TOYS, TOYS, TOYS, TOYS and more TOYS...(oh and BIKES, trikes, cars and such) and a swingset...but in 2 weeks we are getting the mother of all kids' playlands, so im trying to "clean sweep" the backyard..aaaaaaaaaaah, needless to say the back yeard is a work in progress!

Alright, tomorrow morning I have to run 10km...yay!...only 3 more weeks until my race!

Happy Friday all!
Leanne
Old 05-09-2005, 12:56 AM   #133  

Don't bartend anymore right nowLeanne...was at Prudhommes for four years up until last august...Mother of all Playsets..I hope it's got a great slide and one of those swings where 2 or 4 people (little people) can sit..and face each other..that was my fave on a swing set...

Fell off the wagon last nite and weighed in..177!!!! yay me!!! one pound in 3 weeks..BBOOOOOOO meeeee..so back on the wagon I go!!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #134  

Hi everyone. I haven't been able to stay off the scale and it is SO frustrating.
I stayed off until Sat, and saw a 1 lb loss over last week, which is GREAT for me considering that I had hit a plateau and had not seen any loss in like a month.
So I got on on Sunday, and today - but the number is bouncing a bit.

I'm not getting back on until Sat. and hopefully I will see another loss. I think the bouncing is harder to deal with than not getting on the scale. That is making me crazy, and it makes me want to cut calories - but I am finding lately that this is not the answer.

I'm findign this stage of the journey much harder to deal with! I feel like I'm treading water.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #135  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi everyone!

Sorry i haven't been in for a few day....life is very busy at the moment. I can't get on the 'puter until real late as two of my kids are studying for exams, one for SAT's other one for GCSE's so i have to wait until they hve gone to bed before i'm allowed anywhere near the pc!!!

Glad your all still here, i am reading and keeping up with you all, it's just replying that is taking hte time!

I have a confession to make, i can't stop jumping on those darn scales, i like it, what can i say, i'm a scales addict, a fully paid up member, it keeps me happy...and thin!!!! So can i join the group that IS'NT taking the not scales challenge..i give up....i can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My news in brief...(really brief) You all know which bit are for whom!

My broad beans are a growing, it's past the frosty season here, quiet warm most day (well it is for the beans, i still need a jacket!!) Peas are growing, and my zuccinni are just about ready to be planted outside!! I don't use chems either....nasty stuff, food is much better with out all that gunk!! I think my beans are more advanced than yours in Canada coz I'm in a milder climate that's all!!!

I did bartending /restaurant work, the same time as HS it was good fun while it lasted, tips were good too, but i much prefer to work with children, adults can be wayyyyy more sulky to work with.

Leanne, enjoy your house cleaning stay at home mom days, they don't last, soon you'll be looking for soemthing to fill your time as the kids don't need you quite soo much!! believe me, it's happened to me!! my babies just grew up before my eyes and they are sooo independent, i need stuff to fill my days now!!

Keep typing you girls...love reading all your messages, even tho i can't always get in to type a reply

until next time
Tulip
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote