Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 09:19 AM   #91  
I will make it!

Default Its Thursday

Hello Ladies

Oh you are so welcome Miki...glad to hear that you loved my cyber gifts and cake

But Miki...remember that the best gift you can give yourself this year is healthy weightloss, lots of exercise because it makes you strong and gives you energy....so dont forget to give yourself the gift of a long healthy life.

OK I hope that wasnt too cheesy but I really believe what I said and I hope you take it to heart and get back on the path and continue what you were doing before...you were doing sooooooo well.

As for me...its day 4 on the southbeach diet....I stayed on the plan and the cravings seem to be getting weaker...so I hope today is even easier but we shall see.

I started off this morning with a glass of water...eggbeaters...less fat and cholesterol. I am now enjoying my usual cup of coffee. Lunch is artichoke salad and chicken breast salad....low fat mayo and just enough of it to have some taste snack will be low fat cheese and a hard boiled egg. Dinner tonight will be yes...more chicken but portuguese style broiled on a open flame with chickpea salad....yum yum yum.

So thats it folks...have a great OP Day everyone and get yer butts back in here and post post post.

Cyan
Old 03-11-2004, 12:45 PM   #92  
I will make it!

Hey its me again but I just had to tell you about the amazing artichoke salad I just had for lunch...sooooooo tasty

the recipe:

artichoke hearts...cooked...I think boiling them is good with a pinch of salt
white vinegar...enough to soak them..depending on how many artichoke hearts you have
dijon mustard
parsley
mayonaise I use low fat but your choice
lemon juice
and pinch of splenda or sugar

its sooooooooo gooooooood You should regiferate once all is mixed for at least a few hours...and then, you are good to go

Cyan
Old 03-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #93  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, all! Just to let you know I'm still here. Busy week! Just recently got my car back after three weeks of body work because it was sideswiped on the street ($2700!!)--we borrowed hubby's mom's car in the meantime for a second car. Then this past Monday the check engine light went on for the second time in three months! (I've already paid $977 on previous emission repairs.) I found out that the catalytic converter has gone out--$1500!!!!! So now I'm out a car again, probably through next week. The good thing is that I've been walking to/from school--a 15 minute walk each way. Hubby can pick me up if necessary, but I'm actually getting exercise. Food is not too bad. I'm just trying to be reasonable. I am having about 1 cup of animal crackers as a snack after school each day--probably not the best choice, but it satisfies me. Well, got to go--I have to go to a teacher's conference today. Teachers are carpooling, so I don't have to worry about transportation, but I have to get my girls to Grandma's house--two blocks away--and be back home to be picked up at 7:30. My 9-year-old is going to an American Girl doll store with three of her friends and their mothers plus one grandmother for a tea party. She will be picked up from Grandma's. The store is in downtown Chicago, where she has never been. I know she will be all right, but I worry about her--as only a mother would, of course. OK, I'm really going. Have a good weekend, all.

Last edited by newinspiration; 03-12-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:38 AM   #94  
I will make it!

Talking Its my favorite day of the week

Hey Ladies

It's day 5 of my southbeach diet...and so far so good...I am getting excited about weighing in monday morning...worst nightmare...I havent lost a pound..not even water weight Those are some of the thoughts going through my head as I approach my weigh in.

Anyway...breakfast this morning was egg substitute with a tablespoon of salsa and water. Having coffee right now. Lunch will be crab salad with a mushroom salad...snacks are cheese. Dinner tonight is mahi mahi with spinach and the rest of the chickpea salad.

I have to think about the weekend menu...this is when I usually derail and go out and eat eat eat...chinese buffet...sushi....greek...oh they are all so good...so I have to be very careful not to do it.

Well Have a great weekend and my next post will let you know if the southbeach diet is working for me although I already suspect that the first weeks weightloss is more water loss than anything else.

Later
Cyan
Old 03-12-2004, 10:22 AM   #95  
I will make it!

I forgot to mention that I cycled for 7.1kms last night!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:10 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Cyan, That's awesome news about the cycling 7.1 kms tonight and it sounds like you are sticking to your plan very well...just remember weight loss isn't everything, but I just know you will lose weight if you keep at it. Miki hang in there we all have up and down days, but just make sure you get some exercise in every day...b/c Cyan is right the best thing you can give yourself is a healthy self. New Inspiration...I'm so sorry about your car, but that's great that you are walking to school each day. I'm convinced I'm going to start doing that soon...I've just got to get myself out the door in time to do so. It's about a 20 minute walk from here...I think I can, I think I can, right ladies? But that will have to start next week, b/c this week is Spring break!! Yay!! I'm definitely excited about that. I hit the gym tonight, and watched Reba. I was the only one there so I watched as I did the expert level on the cycle. I went about 4 1/2 miles, then ran a mile and lifted weights. It felt good to get more fully back into the swing of things. Tomorrow I'm going to do the elliptical trainer, and stair stepper I think. Cyan, let us know how the weigh in goes...well..I've got to get to bed...everyone have a wonderful day tomorrow!!

Betty
Old 03-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #97  
I will make it!

Default Good Morning Ladies

Ah yes, my beloved Monday has rolled around yet again

Anyway, this morning marks day 7 of my southbeach diet program...and my first weigh in .....drum roll please...I am down 7 pounds....from 178 to 171. I suspect there is water weight involved but here ya go.

I am happy with a 7 pound weight loss but will only truly be back on track once I hit 163 pounds...the weight I was at before I fell off the wagon a few months back.

I had stopped exercising and was taking in too many calories albeit good food but too much of it.

I also stopped taking the bc pill and my doctor told me I would put weight on...dont know if it was an excuse to do so...I am not sure yet on that one.

Anyway, I have one more week to go on phase 1 before I switch over to phase 2 of the diet which is more my usual diet which will allow for complex carbs and my beloved fruits that I miss sooooooooo much.

Well for breakfast this morning I had a slice of roastbeef deli meat and a glass of water. Having coffee now.

Lunch will be tuna salad and mushroom salad and a sugarless jello.

Dinner will be grilled chicken with hummus and brocolli.

snack include low fat cheese and a few more slices of roastbeef.

I also drink lots of white tea and water.

exercise will be cycling tonight.

Hey Lobacal...thanks for the encouragement. Did you get your exercise in over the weekend? Good to hear that you are on your game.

Miki...nice chatting with you last night...did you start phase 2 of your plan? How was your walk this morning or did you get on the airwalker? So what are you having for dinner?

let us know

Cyan
Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:27 PM   #98  

Hi everyone

Cyan, it was nice talking to you last nite also. Congrats on the 7 lb loss!!!! I'm at work right now so only have a quick minute to post. Just wanted to let you know I did get up and walk...reluctantly, but I did it. It was a cloudy dreary day and I wanted to stay in bed. Walked 2 miles in 30 min. Had a banana for breakfast and grilled chicken salad for lunch. Water with both. Not sure about dinner yet.

Betty, hope you're enjoying your Spring Break so far! My kids are out also so other than today, I am taking off to spend time with them.

Newie, Good for you for walking to work! I bet you feel much better doing that. Sorry to hear about your vehicle probs tho.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Better run for now!

MIKI
Old 03-15-2004, 06:24 PM   #99  

Default I'm Back for Another Go--Remember Me??

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if you remember me. Cyan, MikiG and Lobocal I am pretty sure we were all on message boards before. Well I have to say that I fell off the fitness wagon a while ago. I am suffering from anemia terribly and am very tired and fatigued all the time. My immune system is also out of whack and because I am a counsellor with kids, I get sick a lot and am currently at home with the flu. I decided that I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!! So I am back. Definitely won't be exercising today but with good reason but promising myself I will get back into it. I really need to follow a good nutrition regimen to get my iron levels back on track not to mention sticking to my supplements regularly. I need your help with that if you will!!

I think in terms of weight I am a similar weight as before. Some clothes are not fitting as well because I am out of tone...which is the major problem. I just want to be healthy again!!

Okay, so here is one positive thing. I found the benefits of steamed Endamame!! What is that you say?? Well they are soy beans in a pod and you steam and eat them for snacks. High in protein and very satisfying. Discovered them at a Japanese restaraunt.

Cyan---Great work on getting back on track--I promise to help give you a butt kick or two if you will kick mine!!

MikiG--Enjoy the break with your kids!!

Betty and Newie--Hello and even though we have not met yet--I hope I can jump in again and get to know you both!!

Talk to you all soon,

Cjunk
Old 03-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #100  
I will make it!

Default Cjuuuuunnnnnnkkkkkk!!!

Welcome back! Where have you been? Anyway, glad to have you back with us.

As you can see its kinda quiet around here so the more the merrier

Yes I fell off the wagon since July really...I dont know what happened really but I became very unmotivated although I tried to keep things in check but still managed to put on 15 pounds from my lowest weight of 163 ...anyway...7 of those pounds are gone so thats good news. I feel too about it.

I took my Mom in to see her neurologist and in the waiting room was this very obese person...at first I thought it was a boy but it turned out to be a girl...she was about 5.4 and seriously ...at least 300 pounds...I felt so bad for her...she was eating chocolate and coke and she could barely breathe. I am sorry but I never want to go there ever....she could hardly breathe...she was breathing as if she was doing hard core aerobics.

Anyway, I hope I havent offended anyone with this story but it really opened my eyes at what obesity can become if you let it get to that point.

So today has been good...day 8 of southbeach diet...breakfast was egg substitue with low fat feta cheese. Lunch was chicken breast and artichoke salad. I had a sugarless yogurt. Dinner will be shrimp and spinach stir fry.

I will also cycle tonight as well.

Have a great day everyone and welcome back Cjunk.

Cyan
Old 03-16-2004, 06:16 PM   #101  

Hi ladies!

I'm back. I finally found the time to reset my password and get back in here. I missed all of you and really need the support to lose weight again. The months have flown by ...busy with kid stuff, karate and piano lessons, after school workshops and redecorating our main house and the lake house.

I guess I really just need to take some time for me now...We are going to Florida next month and I would loike to lose at least ten pounds to be where I was last year. Currently, Iam at 135 and would like to get to 125 and hopefully 115 by june. I'm short and every pound shows. I also plasn on joining a gym this time.

Well, I'll write more later just a quick note to say hello again
Old 03-16-2004, 10:02 PM   #102  

Default Hello Again!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome back Cyan!! I have been reading some of everyone's posts every now and again but not having the energy to post!!!

Lots has happened since I was posting in the past. I got engaged! Tried skiing for the second winter and went out West for a full week of skiing and actually enjoyed myself!! Took a lot of time to get through the fear. Apart from the highlights of this season, as I mentioned it was discovered that my iron is extremely low (suffering from fatigue) as well as very low B levels--even with supplements my body can't seem to absorb them well without nutrition to help me as well as everything else. They are looking at vitamin B shots as well if I can't do it naturally. My immune system is pretty shot so this winter has been cold after cold and flu etc. Just getting over one but still rough so i am afraid that exercise has been really hard.

Cyan--I've Missed chatting with you. How is your mom doing Cyan??? I admire you for staying with your support network and getting back on track. You are an inspiration to me!! Your comments about obesity made me think. Even as I reduce in exercise tone I feel like each task is 10 times harder than it used to be. Kinda like backpacking every day. It makes it difficult to motivate yourself to do anything. Kind of ends up being like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I imagine it may be the same with obesity in a lot of ways.

Welcome Debee--have you been away too?? If I may ask, how tall are you?? 115 pounds seems like such an unattainable number for me--my body just couldn't achieve it easily if I tried as I think my build wouldn't be conducive. I guess we are all built differently --it is what we each feel comfortable with for ourselves. Great work at getting back into the swing of things--keep up the great energy and work!!

Talk to the rest of you soon I hope!

Cjunk
Old 03-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #103  
I will make it!

Default Its Wednesday Yay!

Hi Ladies

Cjunk..my Mom is doing as well as can be expected...but now the latest concern are her kidneys..so we will go see a nefrologist to see what can be done.

Congrats on getting engaged...wow!! when will you be getting married? Feel free to share as many details as you like.

How come your iron and b levels are so low...has the doctor looked into that. It must be very hard functioning when you are always tired...when did you start having iron deficiency and such...is it due to nutrition? Let us know.

The way I see it..I have learned a lot about myself and why I am fat since I joined this chat group...there has been times when I have fallen off the wagon but I have learned a bit more about me, so overall Cjunk, it has been a positive experience. Overall improvements since posting have been overall improved health...I dont get sick nearly as often...I havent had a sinus infection in a few years, I make wiser food choices, I do intentional exercises on a regular basis when I am on track which is a good part of the year. I also learned more about why I over eat or binge at times...which is pretty much under control ...I havent binged in a long long time. So, even though I have not reached my ideal weight, I am still coming out on top...the last and hardest battle is to get to goal weight and I think I am finally going to get there soon.

Hey Debee...welcome back..good to hear that life is treating you well. Let us know your plan of attack for the next 10 pounds.

breakfast today was one boiled egg and one boiled egg white with water
lunch will be chicken breast and mushroom salad
snacks are sugarless yogurt and cheese
dinner is a grilled hamburger patty with portobello mushrooms and onions
ceasar salad
evening snack will be sugarless jello and maybe some sugarless icecream...which I recently found out is AMAZING!!! you gotta try it ladies...for a scoop.... it has .08 fat and 70 calories and 10 carbs!!!

Well thats it for me now...have a great OP Day

Cyan
Old 03-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #104  

Hi ladies,

I am so happy to be back. This group is just what I need to motivate myself to lose the extra weight.

Cyan, I am so happy for you on your 7 pound lose! It sounds like South Beach is working for you. I love when you post your menus I think it is helpful not just for you to plan your day but also offers suggestions on how the rest of us can eat. I always found you to be such a postive role model for us! I really missed you.

Cjunk, welcome back...I was MIA for awhile...life just got in the way...too much stuff going on and not enough time for me it seemed...but now I am back. To answer your question I am 5'2 and pear shaped on a petite frame...so I never carried extra weight well. It shows in my stomach, thighs and butt and if I wear a A-line dress I can look ok but it pants or shorts forget it...for most of my life I was about 110 but after I had my kids I hit a high of 160 and wore a size 16. Now I am 135 and wear a size 10. Last year at this time I was 125 and felt and looked much better with those ten pounds off. I hope to lose 20 pounds and get down to 115 by June.
Congrats on your engagement...when is your wedding?

Miki, I really missed you and hope that we can get back into the losing mode now that spring is around the corner. Happy belated birthday...remember the 40's are the best and sexiest years of your life...think Mrs. Robinson!

Lisa, you will have a very busy summer with your new bundle of joy...just remember to join us to get rid of the baby pounds after the birth.

Newie, it sounds like your life is back on track with hubby and your new jobs...now is the time to take some time for yourself...treat yourself to those new clothes!

Reina, you better get back in here soon! I missed you and thought of you often...how is school going?

Deena, where are you...let us know how things are going!
Has anyone heard from ladyrider? I hope she comes back someday.

Betty, welcome back ...it seems like the old group is all getting motivated again.

I have to go for now but will be back a little later with my plans for how I am going to start my weight loss journey.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:57 PM   #105  

Hi, I'm back.

I was trying to think of ways to make this weight loss plan work and so far I think I will be trying this in the next few months.

1. Keep a food jouranla everyday and try to post here at least 3 times a week. Keeping myself accountable helps me.

2. Cutting out sugar, carbs, junk food and mindless snacking.

3. Planning my meals like Cyan ,knowing what I will eat for breakfast lunch and dinner and having pre-made snacks.

4. When food shopping not buying the junk food and treats that tempt me.

5. Weighing myself every Friday and trying for a two pound loss per week.

6. Now that the weather is getting nicer to walk more...to the bus stop, in the neighborhood.

7. Join a gym with my husband and try to go at least three times a week...try water areobics, yoga and weight lifting.

8. Throw out all my "fat" pants and put on my skinny pants so I know when I am gaining weight.

9. Go to bed before 10 p.m. most nights (it will cut down on my snacking) and wake up an hour earlier 6 a.m. will help me to feel better organized for the day.

10. If tired, bored or thirsty do not eat.

11. If stressed , write ...do not eat.

12. Try for a lifestyle "diet" that combines healthy foods that I like

13. Take time to treat ands pamper myself every once in awhile with bubble baths, massages, fresh flowers, new lipsticks.

14. Combine tasks to burn calories...cleaning house, gardening, climbing stairs to put way landry.

15. Have a winning, no fail attitude, be positive even when I do eat that chocolate chip cookie, just keep trying.
Closed Thread