Old 04-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #211  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE. HOPE THE SUN IS SHINING IN YOUR PART OF THE WORLD AND THE EASTER BUNNY WAS GOOD TO YOU

YESTERDAY WAS VERY QUIET. 2 SMOKE AND THAT WAS IT. GUESS THE TENANTS WERE GIVING ME A BREAK ALL THEY COULD TALK ABOUT WAS THEIR EASTER FINERY AND THE CHURCH SERVICE FOR TODAY. THE WEATHER IS SUPPOSED TO BE OK TILL LATE AFTERNOON SO THEY SHOULD BE BACK LONG BEFORE THE STORMS.
NOTHING NEW HERE OR PLANNED. THE KIDS ARE COOKING DINNER. I FORGOT TO ASK WHAT THEY'RE MAKING. EITHER A HAM OR CORNED BEEF. THOSE ARE 2 OF JENS FAVORITES. IT WILL BE AN EASTER SURPRISE FOR ME!
I WAS ASLEEP BY 9:30 AND I HAD TO FORCE MYSELF TO STAY AWAKE THAT LONG. THE FRAGILE FEELING ENDED UP WITH ME BEING COLD & INFLAMME4D FROM HEAD TO TOE AT ABOUT 8:30 SO I TOOK SOME MEDS AND WAITED FOR THEM TO BEGIN WORKING. FEEL MUCH MORE LIKE MYSELF NOW.
IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE LIFING AND SORTING OF THE HALL CLOSET. I WAS MOVING SUMMER CLOTHING AROUND AND SORTING WINTER STUFF.
NOT DOING ANYTHING TODAY!
OFF TO HAVE SOME BREAKFAST AND SENDING MY SISTERS, BOTH NEAR & FAR, LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!

LAURA....FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION YOUR FRIEND. I WAS THINKING OF HER AND MANY OTHERS WITH THE HOLIDAYS COMING UP. THE FIRST YEAR IS ALWAYS THE TOUGHEST. SENDING A HUG HER WAY SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO GET ALL THE JUNK OUT AND HAVE A BONFIRE!! NOSTALGIA!! BS!!! I WISH WE HAD A 2ND HAND STORE NEARBY. I WOULD LOVE TO BOOK SHOP. FOR NOW I USE THE LUBRARY...AND THEY DELIVER FOR A SECOND THERE I THOUGHT THE DOG LEARNED HOW TO CLEAN UP AFTER HIMSELF!!! JEN'S CAT PEES IN THE TOILET! OR MAYBE IT'S POOP, I FORGET. SOAK UP THAT SUNSHINE OUT THERE TODAY!

SHAD....I KNOW IT'S ON MONDAY BUT I ALWAYs SEEM TO ALMOST MISS IT WITH THE TIME CHANGES!! MIKE HOLMES MIGHT BE MARRIED, BUSY AND HAVE KIDS BUT I AM SURE HE COULD FIND TIME FOR A LUSTY WOMAN IN A WHEELCHAIR. MAYBE I COULD GO TO THAT MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION AND ASK FOR HIM!! HAVE GOOD FUN WITH R AND A GREAT BIRTHDAY. JEN SAID LAST NIGHT.....WISH WE WERE THERE!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-24-2011 at 07:42 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #212  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Well it is Monday at the moment so just wanted to wish Shad a most happy, happy birthday!

My PC pretty much bit the dust. Been posting a bit from DH's computer but I don't like his laptop keyboard. We ordered me a new one. Will catch up later. Goodnight all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:44 AM   #213  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Thanks guys. Back tomorrow wth updates
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #214  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
NOT TOO MANY PEEPS OVER THE WEEKEND I SEE.
HOPE EVERYONE'S EASTER WAS NICE AND YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY SHAD.
NOTHING NEW HERE. HAVE TO DROP OFF SOME REPORTS AND THEN I THINK REST.
KIND OF CONGESTED WITH ALL THIS RAINY WEATHER.
WE DID HAVE HAM. GUESS JEN WON THE VOTE RICHIE ONLY HAD SUNDAY OFF.
THE JOB WAS BUSY LAST WEEK. SORRY TO SAY MOST OF THE CHECK WENT TO CHILD SUPPORT & ARREARAGES.
I TOLD THEM THAT THIS TOO SHALL PASS....ALTHOUGH I AM HAVING A PROBLEM BELIEVING IT!!
I BETTER GO AND DROP OFF THE REPORTS BEFORE THEY GET HERE.
NOT MUCH IN THE MOOD FOR THEIR MONDAY MORNING WHINING SESSION.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY...OH!!! A NEW COMPUTER!! HOW NICE. WE'LL BE FLYING THRU CYBERSPACE TOGETHER!! SEE YOU SOON. SHAD'S ROSES ARE BEAUTIFUL. I COULD ALMOST SMELL THEM!!

SHAD.... WAVING AS YOU FLY BY ALSO!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-25-2011 at 07:29 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #215  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

GOOD MORNING/EVENING....

SHAD..hope your birthday is/was the bestest ever! You certainly deserve it...your mini-vacation sounds splendid. Good for you on having an enjoyable time with R.

MELLIE....sorry to hear you were feeling cr*ppy but now on the mend! YEAH! Ham it was at the Easter event I went to also. Will explain that one later.

Laura...do what I did back in the day of my marriage...if the xdh didn't want to go on vacation, I went without him, most of the time I took the kids with me, other times not. I always enjoyed myself and embellished all the fun stories when I got home to make him wish he had went...lol..evil!!

Waving at all the other Worldlies...

I worked Friday night till 10, then was back at it on Saturday at 6:30 am. Was supposed to get off at 2:30 but ended up staying til 3:30 as someone busted TWO gallons of milk in the milk cooler getting milk out. It took me 45 minutes to mop it up. Thank God the floor in there is concrete, but no drain. I told the manager someone might as well put a mild cow in there and turned her t*ts on!

Baby boy came home Saturday evening with GF in tow. She is really a very sweet girl and I think maybe I like her. lol. We went over to baby girl's house and ordered Chinese. Got home around 10 and I passed out til 6 the next morning. Got up and made double chocolate, carmel brownies to take to Easter. My Easter Taco's got cancelled as a few days prior, one brother decided he was not coming over from Illinois, the other was going out of town, and the other was to his granddaughter's 2nd birthday party that his son scheduled on Easter...which I thought was inconsiderate and stupid. SOOooooo...baby boy, gf, and I went with baby girl her S.O. and his daughter to his Aunt's house. Which I knew about half of them from the labor day weekend at the lake. We had a ball. They had an Easter egg hunt, only one egg, but the catch was you had to pay 5 bucks to get in the hunt, whoever found the egg got the cash. The winnings was 90 bucks. One of the younger crowd won the $$. The food was excellent, it was breakfast themed as we ate at 11:30....the menu..and eat your hearts out....biscuits, chipped beef gravy, sausage gravy, 4 types of breakfast casseroles, pasteries out the ying yang, and the ham...OMGoodness....the basting was 1/4 cup mustard, 1/4 lb brown sugar, and a can of pepsi, all heated on the stove till sugar melted, not boiled. Then bast ham and bake. YUM!! and of course my brownies, which I called breakfast brownies, lol....all gobbled up except the two I managed to save for my dad. DS, GF and I went to my dad's after that to visit. He knew I was coming over but not my DS. So it was a nice Easter surprise for him. We had a nice visit and dad told his blue jay story AGAIN...lol. Well at least DSs GF had not ever heard it before. Got home around 6 pm, DS and GF left for home, I went to bed around 8. Busy weekend, but most enjoyable Sat nite and Sunday.

DS has a new puppy that he resecued from going to the humane society. She is a boxer/mastiff (sp) mix. Her name is Dixie and is 8 weeks old. She is beautiful in color. All carmel brown with a black velvet looking face and feet. She is a little lover puppy too, just cuddles with you so sweet. I fell in love with her. This is my very first grand puppy. She will be huge when she is full grown....but so sweet.

That about does it for me....MI bosses here today through Wednesday, YIK. Guess I will have to be on my best behavior...lol...whatever that is....it is raining here through Thursday..QUACK QUACK!!!

Much love and many hugs...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #216  

Happy Birthday Shad!!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #217  

Happy Birthday Shad!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #218  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

tried to post at lunch time. Severe storms going through here. They actually made us go into the interior conference rooms. Twice. Welcome to spring in the south. We have a big outdoor thing - Memphis in May - a few days of music, a few days of a world class BBQ cookoff. It ALWAYS rains like crazy that week. But that doesn't start until Friday. Someone ticked off Mother Nature and she's really giving it to us now. Heavy rain, hail, lightning and a few tornadoes.

Hope you are ok Ceejay - heard it's bad up your way too.

They let us back to our desks for the moment - we are in between storms. I might be able to get back on later.

Hope you are having a good birthday Shad.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #219  

Hello Worldlies -

Shad - Oh, so Brisbane is a place people choose to retire? Must be pretty nice there - or does R. just want to be closer to family? I guess I should remember that when I wish my mum would move back to Chicago... because when I think of retiring, I hope to be elsewhere, LOL!

Mel - Glad it seemed to be a quiet weekend for you. Yum, ham. I had some yesterday too - and we took home a meaty ham bone as well. Bf wants to make navy bean soup with it again. It turned out well last time, so I'm up for that. Did you manage to avoid the whiners?

Happy - Sorry about the pc. Hope you didn't lose anything critical on your hard drive!!

Annie - Sounds like a jam-packed but lovely weekend. Too bad about the two gallons of spilled milk - now I know you didn't cry over it! That's just not you, LOL. So dd's "in-laws" sounds like a fun bunch. That ham glaze sounds super yummy!

I like that egg hunt idea! At bf's brother's place where we had our Easter meal, the kids each had assigned egg colors, and all had the same number of eggs to hunt. That seemed smart because the ages ranged from about 2.5 to 12 y.o. and it wouldn't have been an even hunt. Glad you like bb's gf - that always helps. I can ask how bb can have a puppy in the military, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to.... Maybe I just missed something along the way. Whatever, I wanna see a photo of that adorable pup!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

Nothing much to report. Easter was nice at bf's brother's house - his in-laws are nice people. Food was good; weather was not bad - we were able to spend time on the deck and it kept me away from some of the sweets they had inside. Found an old photo of bf and I in one of their albums - it was for the older niece's christening and so that was circa 1999. I generally look the same but heavier. I took a photo of that photo w/ my iPhone and will maybe take a "now" photo and maybe that will motivate me to drop some of the weight. BTW, scale was still okay this morning, so I didn't have too bad of an eating weekend. Need to get the momentum going forward, not back and forth!

Tonight's the step class. Tomorrow is not the movies - this week it'll be on Wed. instead. I'm losing my resolve about the vacation issue, but now I want to change the dates and make it maybe June or later. Wish me luck with that - using ff miles is more of a PITA than they might be worth.

Okay, better get back to work.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've been at my uncle's who was 80 years old on Saturday and on Sunday, of course,was Easter. Lot's of good food. I stayed over on Sunday as I wanted to take my Rav4 to the dealership to have the brakes checked and the engine light keeps coming on. They replaced the brakes on the front but he said that they could not run a diagnostic unless the engine light was staying on all time. They needed a code. I looked at the 2011 Rav4's and really like them also looked at the Highlander's.
The dealership said it would take them a couple of hours to do the brakes so I had them to take me to the mall. I did shop around in JCP but decided that I needed my hair cut. She was almost through when the cell phone rang.

Shad, Happy Birthday

Happy
It got a little rough while I was in Jonesboro today but I followed the cloud home. It was still raining when I pulled up in the driveway.

Everyone else have a good day. I took today off as a vacation day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #221  
Annie - Indiana

Laura...for now BB is in National Guard till August when he will go full Army. If/when he gets deployed, either is friend or sissy will take the doggie. I will try to get him to send me a pix of Dixie so I can post it...she is so adorable. Glad your Easter was a nice one. Would love to see the photo's of you. What is the movie this week?

Ceejay...didn't know (or remember) you are in the market for a new vehicle, or are you just dreaming?

Later chicklets.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #222  
Annie - Indiana

Happy...sounds like you are getting hit as bad as we did the past few days. Stay safe my sista!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #223  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

I'm in a great mood today, not sure why...but I'll take it and be grateful for it, and not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Got a lot of errands done this weekend, got some new clothes on Saturday since I got double employee discount...they are unfortunately in a 3x and not a 2x, but I need new work clothes and I know I'm on my way back down to 2x. I also cleared lots of our stuff out of DMIL's closet, so she has room for her stuff. Now she says she's not planning on moving here, but just staying with us for several months out of the year. But from what she tells me and DH of the situation back in CA, we don't want her to go back there.

I spent a lot of the weekend relaxing, including Easter dinner. DH and DMIL decided they just wanted deli meat sandwiches (ham for me and DMIL, and roast beef for DH) and deli salads. I made a yellow cake for DMIL and DH.

I'm planning on doing water aerobics tonight as I've got to get this weight off. I'm doing really well with my food intake, but the scale isn't moving fast enough for me.

Shad - I hope you had a lovely weekend and a wonderful birthday with R! Bummer that some places that R wanted to look at along the riverfront were inundated by floods, and I imagine that could happen again. Not worth it if you ask me. When DH and I lived in CA, we always looked out for houses that lived either at the top of a cliff or at the base of a cliff...CA is so prone to mudslides. Where we live now, we're 2 minutes from a lake, and about 30-40 minutes from Lake Michigan, which is plenty close enough. Especially since the land we live on is rocky and has excellent drainage. As for the passport...all I can think of is maybe Laura and her bf had planned to take some side trips to Canada. I think with our relatively new laws you may need a passport to go across the border.

Laura - I hope you had a good Easter, despite the standoff with bf. Are things any better? I hope you're doing better. I don't think I have the willpower to pass up dinner at Lou Malnati's no matter how mad I was. Did you go or did bf and his mom go by themselves? It sucks when there's tension at work, and at home and everywhere. That's great that you found 10 books at the resale shop. At the rate my DMIL is reading through the library inventory, we may have to go to resale shops pretty soon. I so wish the doggies could operate the pooper scoopers and clean up after themselves. Are you keeping the old newspapers from 2008 for posterity. The only parts of the paper that I keep for that long are especially yummy and easy looking recipes, but I do have about a dozen copies of "Self", "Fitness" and "Health" magazine that are over a year old. Sending a hug to your friend. As Mel said, the first year is the hardest. Sounds like you had a very nice Easter. Have fun at Step Class tonight. What's the movie this week? I'd love to see photos of you. When I see old photos of myself, it sometimes gets me down because I was so much thinner and still felt really fat. Makes me feel like a whale now.

Ceejay - Good for you making such progress on cleaning/decluttering! I'm proud of you!! So nice to have someone coming in to clean the house! I really want to do that, but I have so much clutter in a few rooms that I have to clear away first, if I brought someone in, they wouldn't know where to start. Happy belated birthday to your uncle. Congratulations to your sister! That's a wonderful career!! I'm glad you got your brakes fixed. That's always important especially in rainy weather. My DH bought a thing that you plug into the car to get the check engine light code. But he's Mr. Fix It and can fix pretty much anything on a car (or computer for that matter). Maybe replacing the brakes will fix the check engine light issue. I hope you get to relax and enjoy the rest of your vacation day.

Mel - I'm glad the fragile feeling is gone. You're not fragile. You just have to learn how to NOT OVERDO IT. I need to learn that too. I'm so proud of you for saying "no" more often. I hope you got some rest over the weekend (or at least are resting today).

Annie - I'm so glad your DS was home over the weekend and you got to spend time with both your kids!! Bummer about your brothers cancelling out on your Easter plans, but I'm glad you had fun at Sam's SO's aunt. How cool to have an Easter Egg Hunt with a cash prize to make it fun for the adults! The Easter brunch sounds fabulous!! You had my mouth watering! So nice that y'all went over to your dad's after brunch. Your grandpuppy sounds so cute! She will be a big girl when she's fully grown. I love the boxer and mastiff markings. Do you have any photos of the puppy?

Happy - Sorry to hear about your PC. Are you getting a laptop or a desktop? Storms so severe that you had to go to an interior conference room? That's scary! We've had that a couple times at my work. Scary stuff. We've already had several bad tornadoes in WI this month. It could be a record-breaking month for severe weather here, and our worst storms normally don't hit until late May and June. Did you see the St. Louis Airport on the news! OMG! How scary to have been there when that EF4 Tornado hit!

Ellen - I hope you had a great Easter!

Well, I'd better get back to work.

Stay safe and dry my Worldly Sistas!

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Right now it's wishful thinking about the new cars.

Michelle
I'm glad that you want your dmil to stay with you. I also hear you on buying bigger sized clothing. Each year I say I'm going down a size but always go up a size.

Laura
Did you make new travel arrangements
----------------------
We have a couple of more fronts moving through tonight. I'm really tired of the rain.
I'm hungry but don't know what to eat?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #225  

Height: 5'5"

Good evening everyone!

Glad to hear that everyone had a good Easter. I got to go to Church with the familythen dropped off DH, kids and DSIL at my moms. I got to go to work for about 2 hrs. it was so slow (no calls) we closed the office early. I went back to MOms and had Ham and garlic mashed potatoes. Dh aslo had picked up a carrot cake, so I had a small piece of that. (reg cake split 14 ways) was nice to visit with the family for a little while.

DD3 did not get a good nap yesterday tho, and was a little difficult, then last night I think she was not feeling well, and kept waking up. She did not want any covers on was too warm. I finally gave her some medicine and let her take her bottle to bed. She slept until 10am, all the way thru the older kids getting up and ready for school. BUt after she woke up she was back to her normal self.

Working tonight, but calls have been sporadic so ready to go home and get some sleep.

Have a great week!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote