Old 05-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #121  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOOSIER CHICK ANNIE.... YOU CRACK ME UP. I LOVE STORMS TOO BUT THEY SCARE ME ALSO. IT'S THE "FORCE" WHICH THEY HAVE FOR DESTRUCTION...MAKES ME FEEL "TINY". IF I WRITE A SOAP OPERA WE CAN CALL IT MOLDY TOWERS!!!!

MICHELLE~ I AM GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE IM PROVEMENT.... JUST HANG ON!! YOU'RE DOING GREAT...HOPE THE PT APPT GOES WELL TODAY. GOOD LUCK KEEPING BUSY IS GOOD....IMAGINE WHAT YOU OF ALL PEOPLE COULD GET INTO!!!

SHAD~ LIVING IN APARTMENTS IS LIKE HAVING LOTS OF FAMILIES....THANK GOD WE EACH HAVE OUR OWN SPACES AND A DOOR WITH A LOCK ON IT!! COUNTING THE DAYS ALREADY? HAVE YOU NOT HEARD FROM YOUR SCOUT AT ALL ABOUT T=ANY JOBS ON THE HORIZON? AND IS THE TURBINE JOB BRINGING ON THOUGHTS OF WINDMILL SONGS AND POETRY? I MEANT TO ASK THAT YESTERDAY!! I AM UNSURE IF I HAVE EVER HEARD YOUR SONG...IT DID SOUND FAMILIAR THOUGH. BUT HERE YA GO:
The Windmill

Behold! a giant am I!
Aloft here in my tower,
With my granite jaws I devour
The maize, and the wheat, and the rye,
And grind them into flour.

I look down over the farms;
In the fields of grain I see
The harvest that is to be,
And I fling to the air my arms,
For I know it is all for me.

I hear the sound of flails
Far off, from the threshing-floors
In barns, with their open doors,
And the wind, the wind in my sails,
Louder and louder roars.

I stand here in my place,
With my foot on the rock below,
And whichever way it may blow
I meet it face to face,
As a brave man meets his foe.

And while we wrestle and strive
My master, the miller, stands
And feeds me with his hands;
For he knows who makes him thrive,
Who makes him lord of lands.

On Sundays I take my rest;
Church-going bells begin
Their low, melodious din;
I cross my arms on my breast,
And all is peace within.

The Windmill byHenry Wadsworth Longfellow

THE RAIN HAS COME AND WILL BE WITH US A WHILE. A BIT CHILLY TOO. MAYBE GRANDSON AND I WILL HAVE SOME DOWN TIME. I AM REMAINING UPSTAIRS AND "PLAYING" SICK. SHOULDER HURTS AND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ANYWAY. I DID TOO MUCH PHYSICAL STUFF MONDAY AND TUESDAY. WE ALL KNOW THAT PAYBACK IS A BIOTCH!! I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT SINCE 3FC DID THEIR SPRING CLEANING OF THE SITE, THAT MY PAGES ARE LOADING FASTER.
HAPPY THRUSDAY/FRIDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #122  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

SHAD...HERE WE ARE BACK TRYING YOUR WAY...IN ORDER SUGGESTED...NOT THAT I REMEMBER ANY ORDER OF YESTERDAY.

MICHELLE...YOU COULD ALWAYS DO KEGEL EXERCISES AT YOUR DESK, NO ONE WOULD KNOW....HAHHAA

MEL...FELT LIKE THE WIZARD OF OZ AROUND INDY LAST NIGHT, WIND, RAIN, HAIL, TORNADOS, TOTO, THE HOUSE, AUNTIE EM, HOLY COW. WE HAVE A BIT OF FLOODING TOO. LUCKILY IT ALL BYPASSED THIS WICKED WITCHES' HOUSE. I'LL GET YOU MY PRETTY, AND YOUR DO TOTO TOO!

HELLAVA DAY HERE. 2 PM AND JUST CAME UP FOR AIR. GETTING READY FOR MONTHLY STAFF MEETING TOMORROW, THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE TO FACILITATE. I HATE THAT.

CURVES AND TANNING TONIGHT, DON'T KNOW WHAT IS ON THE AGENDA FOR THE WEEKEND OTHER THAN CLEANING MY HOUSE. BABY BOY WAS HOME FOR MOTHER'S DAY NOW I HAVE DRIED MUD/DIRT FROM HIS BOOTS EVERYWHERE. USUALLY I WOULD RANT AND RAVE TO HIM ABOUT IT, THIS TIME I JUST LOOK AT IT SINCE HE IS GONE AND GET WEEPY. I AM SUCH A SAP.

NOT MUCH ELSE HAPPENING. HELLO'S TO EVERYONE.

MUCH LOVE AND MANY HUGS...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #123  
Annie - Indiana

TA FLIPPING DAH, IT WORKED!!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

HI EVERY ONE. I'M IN MISSOURI. TONIGHT IS GRADUATION. MY NEPHEWS AND NIECE ARE COMING OUT FOR DINNER TONIGHT SO I'LL GET TO SEE THEM

MY BROTHER IN LAW IS CLEANING THE WINDOWS. HE'S GOOD ABOUT HELPING MY SIS. SHE IS TAKING ONE OF HER FINAL TEST FOR THE SEMESTER TODAY.

THIS BREAK HAS BEEN GOOD FOR ME.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #125  
Annie - Indiana

New avitar...baby girl, baby boy and me. Baby girl has on heels and I have on flats. It was mother's day at my momma's in front of the house in which I grew up.

I am so sad tonight, feeling badly for my baby boy. He lost his job, no health insurance, depressed, lonely and wrecked his truck yesterday. He hydroplaned off the road into a creek and hit a tree. Thank God he was not hurt and the truck is driveable, limping, but driveable. He and a buddy got it out of the creek. I just bawled and bawled all the way home from work. Still not quit sniffling and sobbing a bit. Man, I tell you, kids can just tear your heart out and pull at your heartstrings. I can't stand it.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #126  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

6 full working days to go. I booked my flight home yesterday or the day before so there you go. 23rd May and no more Melbourne.

Mel - thank you for the windmill poem. One of these days I will get to Holland and see the windmills in action. Not that Holland has a monopoly on the things, there are some in Spain and Greece, England and Perth even has one in the Dutch style. Brisbane has one as well however that stands on the top of a hill which looks out across the city and down the river through the Brisbane Valley. Some enterprising person bought it and turned it into an upmarket serviced apartment block. Worth millions now.
Wish I could just cross my arms and all would be peace within. Not bloody likely right now.

Annie - glad the instruction worked. Sorry to hear about the DS and his new problems. He really has had some problems with jobs over the last year or so, hasn't he.

Michelle. Good luck with the PT. Hope it works out okay and the pain goes away for good.

Ceejay - why is Missouri called the 'show me' state???

Okay - I gotta go and sort out some more problems. I'll be back
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #127  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE...I AM GLAD YOU DON'T HAVE TO FACILITATE EITHER...SOUNDS RATHER PAINFUL JUST BE GLAD THE FRIGGING HOUSE DIDN'T LAND ON TOP OF YOU! YOU'D NEVER CATCH TOTO THEN!! DON'T GET TOO SAPPY ABOUT BABY BOY...HE WILL BE BACK AGAIN I AM SURE. GLAD YOU HAD THE MOTHER'S DAY VISIT!
** OMG! I JUST SEE YOUR NEWER POST. THANK GOD IS RIGHT! I AM SO SORRY HE IS GOING THRU SO MUCH ALL AT ONCE. WILL PRAY SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS FOR HIM AND VERY SOON I HOPE
(love the pic though!)

JEANETTE~ I AM SO GLAD THE VISIT IS GOING WELL AND FEELS GOOD TO YOU. NICE BIL YOU HAVE!!! I HAVE WINDOWS TOO!! SEND HIM UP WHEN SHE IS DONE WITH HIM! CONTINUE TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!! SMILES AND LAUGHTER ARE GOOD FOR THE SOUL!

SHAD...SENDING HUGS AND GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY FOR THE NEXT 6 DAYS. HOPE IT GOES BY QUICKLY. I WAS JUST WATCHING RICK STEVE'S TRAVEL SHOW ON PBS TV NOT LONG AGO AND THEY TOLD ABOUT THE WINDMILLS AND BUILT UP LAND RECLAIMED FROM THE SEA. QUITE INTERESTING. LOVE THE IDEA OF THE APARTMENT BLDG!! WOW! STAY STRONG TILL IT'S ALL OVER AND YOU AND SUNDAY HAVE BEEN REUNITED! I AM FORWARDING AN E-MAIL TO YOU FROM JEN. HOPE THE PICTURE GOES ALONG WITH IT CAUSE I AM NOT SAVVY ON THESE PICTURE THINGS!!

I AM GOING OUT FOR A FEW MINUTES. THE PREDICTED BAD WEATHER IS HERE. BUT A FEW MINUTES WITH THE MAINT MEN OUTSIDE BEFORE THE WEEKEND BEGINS IS A GOOD THING. GOTTA STAY ON THEIR GOOD SIDE SO THEY COME WHEN I CALL!!
SHOULDER IS FEELING MUCH BETTER AND A WEEKEND OF DOING NOTHING SHOULD CURE IT! THE KIDS HSOULD BE HERE THIS WEEKEND TOO. THE YOUNGER ONES ARE COMING UP FOR VACATION BEFORE WE KNOW IT!!
I AM OFF TO PEDAL AND EAT BREAKFAST. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND AND I WILL SEE YOU MONDAY

MY EXERCISE:
LAST WEEK I PEDALED 100 MINS AND STRETCHED THE 25MINUTES.

THIS WEEK I PEDALED THE 100 MINS AND HAVE ONLY DONE 5 OF THE STRETCHING. SHOULDER AND FOREARM ARE JUST TOO RAW.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #128  
Annie - Indiana

MEL...GREAT JOB ON THE EXERCISING...I DIDN'T MAKE IT TO CURVES OR TANNING LAST NIGHT. ALL I DID WAS LAY AROUND AND CRY ABOUT MY SON. I AM SUCH AN EMOTIONAL SAP AND HATE BEING THIS WAY. MY PERIOD IS 3 WEEKS LATE AND I HAVE BEEN PMSing THE ENTIRE 3 WEEKS. PRETTY WICKED WITCH HERE. HAVE A GREAT RELAXING WEEKEND WITH THE KIDS. LOVE YA SISTER...
Old 05-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #129  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday and today have been crazy busy at work and at home, which is a good thing. Unfortunately, it hasn't left me much time to post. I saw the doc yesterday....he ordered another x-ray of the lower back, and a bone density scan to see if there are any hairline fractures or whatever. He doesn't want me to do an MRI because there have been studies that once a person hits 45, there's a 95% chance that an MRI will find lots of abnormalities...and he doesn't want to chase after things that may show up on the MRI that may have nothing to do with the pain I'm having. He said to continue PT, and start exercising very, very gently - which this weekend will involve mostly cleaning for DMIL's arrival on Tuesday. He also said I could try chiro...but not until after I stop PT (in a month or two). He did highly recommend acupuncture and knows many patients who have had great success with that...so I'm going to make an appt to start acupuncture next week or the week after. He said if I don't notice improvement in 7 or 8 visits, I don't need to continue....it will either work or it won't and I'll know by then.

Annie - Sorry to hear about your son's job loss and accident. Are you doing anything fun this weekend that might help brighten your mood?

Mel - I'm glad to hear your shoulder is doing better and are having a good week. Enjoy the weekend with the kids!

Ceejay - Glad you're having a nice visit in Missouri.

Shad - So nice that you're able to see the light at the end of the Melbourne tunnel.

Jolly - I hope you had a great time on the cruise.

Happy - I know you're super busy...I just hope things are going well for you.

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 05-15-2009 at 01:34 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

SHAD
DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY MISSROUI IS NICKNAMED THE "SHOW ME STATE".
AND BY THE WAY NO FUDGE WAS BOUGHT.

ANNIE
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE IN DISTRESS ABOUT YOUR SON HAVING AN ACCIDENT AND LOSING HIS JOB. HAVE YOU HAD YOUR SURGERY YET?

MEL AND MICHELLE

HAS HAPPY COMPLETELY LEFT US?

HAD A GOOD DRIVE HOME YESTERDAY. MADE A COUPLE OF PIT STOPS. AND ONE STOP TO LOOK AT SOME INSTRUMENTS CALLED THE DULCIMER. i'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN THS. i BOUGHT THE HAMMERED DULCIMER YESTERDAY. MY SHOCK WAS IN THE PRICE. I HAD OVERPRICED THEM.

I CALLED THE LANDLORD YESTERDAY TO FIX A LEAK UNER THE BATHROOM SINK. A COUPLE OF GUYS DID COME OUT AND DID SOME BANGING IN THEIR BUT THERE IS STILL A LEAK. I'M GOING TO CALL AGAIN MONDAY. I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS SINCE OCTOBER OF 2008.

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-16-2009 at 10:10 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #131  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

My head is still spinning. This has been a wild couple of weeks.

Mom has come and gone. Really, really, REALLY enjoyed her visit. Said I was going to tie her leg to the bed frame so she couldn't leave Each time I see her she looks a bit frail but at 82 can still kick some 50 year old's butts I only hope I'm that spy at her age.

The real killer has been the homeowners association stuff. Like Mr. Obama, we seem to have inherited a huge pile of doo doo as a result of age and mostly neglect. It has taken a huge amount of my time over the last few weeks and I was starting to get resentful, particularly as it really cut into my time with Mom, especially during her last few days here. I'm hoping most of the crisis are averted and handled and things will calm down over the summer. The president was over the other night and he said quite honestly, if he knew last year when he agreed to step up what was going to come down, he would have turned and run away fast. Me too!

DH is still a free man. He had a very positive interview with a potential contracting job - they really liked him and his skill set. Were meeting the next day to go before the tribunal to get funding for the project and we never heard anything further. Even the contract agent is not answering calls or emails which I think is over the top rude. I told DH to get used to the fact he is literally a piece of meat for someone to sell and they are in the business of making themselves money, not getting you a job and he agrees. However, he turned on a dime rearranging his schedule literally an hour before they were to meet and we both think that at least deserves a quick callback - hey, haven't heard anything back, just wanted to let you know and we will contact you if something else comes along. Just simple courtesy.

And then there was the fiasco of trying to get the new insurance in place and lots of unexpected big expenses for eye exams and glasses, the higher cost of maintenance on older cars and we still have to get some summer flowers for outside.

I have barely peeked my head in here so forgive me if I am not up to par on comments.

Ceejay - I love the sound of the dulcimer. Hope you have great fun learning how to play it. Learning a musical instrument is excellent for keeping the brain young and healthy.

I'm sorry you are still having lots of issues Michelle. It really is tricky to find the right treatment. And frustrating too. Hope you can find some relief. Is DMIL coming for her summer visit? I remember you saying something about trying to get her to move back with you guys.

Annie - sorry to hear about your son. Sometimes it seems when it rains, it pours. Maybe you could sit with him and help him think of some other ways to find some work that he might not have thought of? I know when you're in that position yourself, you tend to get mucked up in the bad thoughts and need a friend's hand, even if you won't admit it. Stressing is probably keeping TOM at bay too.

Mel my pedalling friend - seems like you on the better side of life at the moment. Hope it stays that way. Still not good enough weather wise to open the pool yet so keep building up those leg muscles for kicking around in the pool chair with your smoothie drink

Shad - I'm sure most of our state slogans are related to politics for the most part in one way or another. I haven't looked at state mottos since grade school and outside of The Show Me state, couldn't tell you a bit what any other one was. Sounds like you are quite frustrated on the job. Is it this stint or just the workplace in general? We have a go live in 22 days - talk about a cast of thousands assembling

We're about to head out to run some errands, catch you later ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #132  

Morning all,

Happy - good to see you again. Glad the visit with Mum went well and that you enjoyed the time so much. Sad to hear that another good idea - homeowners association is in the same state as so many others. Some people only seem to see the prestige, not the work that goes into it. I'm sure you will be able to pull it around.
With contracting, you never know whats coming and when. You can have a really positive interview and never hear from them again. On the other hand you can have a really positive attitude and never hear from them until 3 days before the job is due to start. I'm looking at two positives now and haven't had an update for a week. I don't have a problem with them ringing and saying no..... so what gives. I get tired of ringing them myself.

I'm off out to see the nephew and his wife today. It's her birthday so I have bought her some flowers and a chocolate rose. It's all done up on a long stem with red foil wrapping. Almost looks like the real thing. It's cold and wet today so I will have to wrap up warm. Need for thermals I think! Hope I can find the street okay after I get off the train.

Guess I need to go get ready. I'm starting to pack as well. Life is either busy or packing to go home. This bit I will enjoy
Old 05-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #133  

Life gets really busy from time to time and it is getting there for me at the moment. I'm out at least 3 nights this week already and it is only Monday.

Other than that, life is pretty normal at the moment. However I will have to get back to the gym when I get home.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #134  

Hello Ladies,

One week on Jenny and i've lost 5.2 lbs. I'm excited and pumped... I"m ready to take this weight off. So much going on this week, graduations, work etc.

Mitchelle - I know it's so frustating trying to find what is the right treatment. Don't give up.

Annie - I"m so sorry to hear about your son's wreck and job. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. Keep your spirits up.

Happy - Glad to hear from you. Oh, i've read about those HOA.

Ceejay - Tell the landlord they need to find another plummer cause this one is not doing the job right. Or them him that you'll find one and deduct the repairs from your rent. That might get him moving.

Mel - WTG on your exercise.

Shad - the countdown has begun.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #135  

Hey all * I hear you on how crazy the last few weeks have been.* YIKES I got back from my cruise.* Cruise was fabulous.* Trip home?* Not so much.* Cancelled flight.* Rerouted to a WI airport that my truck was NOT at.* Lost luggage.* Murphy's law of returns.* However, much to be thankful for.* 1)* The plane did not crash.* 2)* I was not abducted by swine flu or infected by pirates.* 3)* The chaos happened at the end of my trip, NOT the beginning.* All's well that ends well.* I, my truck, my luggage, and my fur children are all home, the laundry is almost done, and my youngest dog MIGHT forgive me soon

So, I am back, and back on track. I have to get through this Sunday's race, then get healthy for the full marathon. And get back to healthy eating. I will do it.

So, here's to all of you. I will be back tomorrow!
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote