Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #76  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday ladies --

I went for a brisk 1/2 hour walk at lunch yesterday because I wasn't sure if I'd get to the gym. Plus, it was sunny and warm, and I had to get outside. After work, DH and I ran errands and grabbed dinner on the way home. I had a roast beef sandwich which was really yummy, but they messed up the order - instead of just giving us the one strawberry sundae that my MIL ordered, they gave us two. It looked too good to pass up, vanilla frozen custard with a fresh strawberry topping on it. So I indulged. My first decadent treat in over 3 months. I was surprised that my post-dinner blood glucose was still on the lower end of the acceptable range for diabetics. Not that I'm going to use that as permission to indulge often. It's still a lot of calories. It was so good. :yummy:

Carla - I hope you feel better.

Rennie - I chuckled when you said that the dog got to the just ripened tomato. Between dogs and bunnies and other critters, I hope I get some veggies to eat.

Mel - How exciting that your friend arrives tomorrow! That's wonderful! I'll bet your excited about spending time with her. I sure hope you feel better so that you can enjoy her stay.

Shad - good for you for that great workout! Awesome! That's a much faster pace than my back will let me go. Good luck figuring out the SAP/HR stuff! Thanks for posting the great animal photos. Please post photos of the tile backsplash when you take some.

CeeJay - Glad your boss fixed the main control panel. Hopefully work will be a bit more sane for you.

Happy - I hope you have a great day!

Well, I've got a busy day ahead, so I'd better get to it. to everyone! Here's to an enjoyable day for all of us!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #77  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning fine ladies.

Can't stay long this morning - so I apologize for the run through.

Mel - get outside and enjoy one more day of sunshine - I hear Marie is bringing the gray skies with her from England over to you the next few days. Hope you're feeling better and that you enjoy your visit. We want details...

Michelle - the ice cream sounds yummy. Since you've been such a good girl for 3 months didn't the topping almost taste too sweet?

Shad - there's a million reasons to think that HR is confusing and you've just highlighted one of them Hope things get better for you.

My Hummer garden is hummingbirds you silly Carla - nice to see you again, as always I am amazed at your quit wit

Rennie your tomato story reminds me of one. One of the guys at work gave me some lily of the valley plants. They are quite prolific and spread out but it takes 5 years for them to mature enough to flower. I planted them and nursed them carefully for FIVE YEARS. One spring morning I went outside and there was my FIRST FLOWER. I plucked it, sniffed that heavenly fragrance and went over to the fence to show it to DH who was talking to our neighbor. I handed it to DH who for some unknown dumb MAN reason held it out to our neighbor's labrador retriever. Buddy the canine eating machine, opened his mouth and in one swoop ATE THE FLOWER THAT I WAITED 5 YEARS for. I sat there with this look of disbelief and the 2 guys thought it was hysterical. So I can appreciate you guarding your tomatoes.

Hello Ceejay - are you enjoying South Beach?

Annie - I've air shipped my b*lls over to you. Pick up the phone and call that guy so we can live vicariously through you What have you got to lose? There's many a story of people reunited after years and years and they are happy to have found each other again. And then go visit the Hawaiian friend!

Ellen, Madcat and the rest of the crew.

I gotta run. Be good.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #78  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Wednesday!! Seems like I just typed that yesterday, my time goes too quickly the older I get.

Happy....I am kind of waiting on my friend to come back with the phone number of the first love, I don't want to do it on my own, would I seem to anxious?? Did you belt the men for letting the dog eat the flower??

Rennie...have you tried the natural herb melatonin for sleeping? It works wonders. Google it.

Diyana....ya think I should call him, thanks for the b*lls. I just remember him being so shy and absolutely hating to talk on the phone. You did inspire me with exercise and I took the dog for an hour walk. Hella Bella was pooped out when we got home.

Shad....the pix are great, I actually lmao at the dog squinting his eyes while he was looking like he was laughing. It is just so funny to me. Thanks

MEL...have fun with your friend visit. I wonder what she wants to "talk" about??

Visited the bariatric doc yesterday, she thinks my tummy and back issues are due to my bowels. YOU THINK?? I say. She told me to use Miralax to get regular then use it every other day. I used it last night and have pooed 3 times this morning, but not trots. Maybe I am on to something. At least no tummy or back issues. wooo hooo.

DS cut the grass or I should say the dandelion garden today for me. It was awful looking.

Not much else going on....70 and RAIN again for us today. Oh Hilary Clinton won the election in Indiana yesterday. She will need more than that to get the nomination.

Have a terrific day ladies.

Love and Hugs.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #79  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It's another cloudless day in the great South East. Oh how I love this weather. Cool nights and mornings and warm sunny days. The butterflies are still here but the mossies and assorted biting bugs are only around for about an hour in the morning and again at dusk. Soon they will all be gone. Today is not gym day so I have a little extra time. Thats good because I'm not sure my legs would be up to much this morning andyway. The quads are stiff and my feet are feeling it. So I'll work in the house instead - and talk to you lot.
Robbie the tame IT man came yesterday to install wireless internet gizmos. I have 4 computers here now including the laptop for work and it was a pain to connect and disconnect the modem cable - not to mention the trailing phone lines as I have shifted the computers to a room on their own. This room does not have a jack point. Anyway I can now take the laptop and sit in the sun as this room is quite cool in the mornings. Good in summer tho'. I guess the IT man's visit was of mutual benefit since he had a niggly system problem to contend with and I was able to come up with a suggestion that might work for both companies he is dealing with (both are paranoid about information exchange since they both work in the same industry and have cross over areas of expertise). One company would not allow the exchange of information through memory sticks or external drives - which I thought a little strange but hey! Personally I would have told them to put the info on separate externals and post them to each other. That way no one gets to see the other ones gear. If you have that little trust in the integrity of another company, why do you deal with them for heavens sake. Okay rant over.

Mel - enjoy the visit with Marie. It's a while since you saw each other and I know you have been good friends. Enjoy todays sunshine as well. All that vitamin D from the sun. We can't store it long term and have to get it where we can. After a long winter, you must be really deprived of natural Vit D.
Tell Jen and Ritchie to enjoy the house and the summer garden furniture. The old man must have recognised his mortality and is belated realising he has family. What's the dorky girlfriend making of all this family love?

Michelle - glad you enjoyed the icecream. Sometimes it is good to have a treat like that especially when you don't expect it. Eat it and move on. You've realised you can't do it often but living with an eating lifestyle doesn't mean we can't enjoy the good things of life from time to time.
The splashback is a short time off. I was looking at the samples last night and am no longer sure of whether I will be happy with the white and dark grey. It will wait until the strip sample arrives and I will think about it again. My DB2 thinks it will be too much white. Not that I worry too much about what he thinks mostly but he could be right and it didn't look that good last night under the lights - although they were fairly dim. We shall see.

Annie - I'm sending my b*lls air xpress. There is no harm in ringing saying that you met up with xyz (can't remember the name and can't go back at this point) and that you called to say hello. He may not like talking on the phone but he will probably answer questions. Be prepared to do most of the talking.

Rennie - what's bothering you that you can't sleep. Sleep is very important in weight loss you know - good sleep that is. Heaven forbid that you have to forfeit one of your little people because you can't sleep. Have you tried camomile tea for supper? How about getting the DH to knock you on the head with a small tree or something? How is the son getting along after his op and the pain meds incident?

Ceejay - glad to see work is looking up. Did you get the hair done and red?

Madcat must have had a good night - she's not back yet to tell us all about it.
Carla has slunk off into the distance again - or maybe she is getting ready for hiking in the bear infested woods along with the mythical moose (eaten by the bears??) Or maybe she is packing the boots for England next month. GET BACK HERE AND TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!
Holly is conspicuously absent, Ruth is tilling the garden. It must be the onset on the Canadian summer. Is this called 'The quiet Canadian call of the wild?'

I'll be back with some more pics later. They are set up in the C Drive of the other computer. Maybe I will have to organise my own server so I can drag things from one to another. Darn it no, I'm sounding like a nerd! Life does not solely exist inside a computer. See you

Yahoo, my Go Advanced has fixed itself. The world waits and wonders.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #80  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Shad
Sometimes I sleep lol. If I can get 5 nice sound hours a night I am good. It is when I get less than that I become monster mom lol. Weather sounds beautiful where you are, hope you get to enjoy lots of it. I have to call the sons doc tomorrow the thing is still doing nasty stuff and I want to make sure it should still be doing that. He isn't suppose to go back for 2 weeks.

Annie
I might try that. I have tryed all kinds of things. You could be like me and go 10 times a day at least lol. Up the fiber I was told. Oh my gosh I did and started going 2 times a day. Though I was going to die I was so sick and hurting. Think I will stick with less fiber and go 10 times a day like my old normal self lol. Thank you ibs lol. Dandelions, oh my gosh are they bad this year. We never have more than one or two in our yard and I dig them out. I swear we have more of them than grass this year lol.

Happy
You let that man live? What on earth is wrong with you. Not a judge in the land would have convicted you lol.

di
Oh my gosh that sounds so yummy. This isn't about doing without. This is about eating right. Nothing wrong with, from time to time having a treat like that. Hope you enjoyed every single bite. I have about 1/2 an acre behind my fenced in back yard that isn't mowed. There is long grass and brush and so forth back there. Tends to keep all the critters out of the yard. It is just the darn dog that I have to worry about lol. We do get deer in the yard if the kids don't close the back gate. Have you ever tried to get a trapped deer out of your back yard lol. Hubby's suggestion of letting him get his bow does not go well with me lol anything in my yard is on safe ground lol.

Melody
I have gone thru this since time began lol. 5 hours a night is a full nights sleep to me. I am doing great as long as I get them all at one time lol. That is what hasn't been happening lately. Maybe I will go back on ambien and watch the wood grain in the table move by itself again lol.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #81  

Helloooooooooooooo!!! Just catching up with you all!!

Busy, busy here, of course, but I am winding down some stuff. I signed a rep to take over my Avon biz and I am quitting teaching Sunday School.
Kids are in soccer full swing now. H started new job and is suspiciously resembling a happy person. My work is coming along. Haven't been in the garden as much as I would like. I am in week 6 of the 12 week program I am doing. Puttering along.......

Annie - go for it!!!!

HUGS!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #82  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

This site has been responding very very slow for me lately, particularly late at night when I try to post. Although my internet connection slows down, this site in particular (all sections) is getting progressively slower. So, like this morning, I've used us most of my posting time waiting.

Will just have to do with a quick hello today. I'm going to get my hair done after work and I realized with horror that we will be leaving in a week to go get my mom and there's lots I have to do at home here. So my postings will go down for the next few weeks as I spend less time on the computer.

Catch you later...
Old 05-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #83  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Thursday everyone!

I went to the gym last night and did a step class with a different instructor than I have for my Monday night step class and WOW! What a workout! I get a good workout on Monday's step class, but this instructor uses different moves and I was really challenged to keep up. I felt great afterwards though. Tonight is a strength/toning class followed by a Jazz dance aerobics class, which is fun. I'm also hoping to walk for 1/2 of my lunch hour.

Happy - you are exactly right about the sundae...the topping tasted a bit too sweet and it was real strawberries in a sauce. And my MIL made her famous oatmeal cookies for DH yesterday, and I treated myself to one. That's it though. I'm not going to have any more treats for awhile. I've got to get my glucose numbers down and these treats aren't helping. I can and will get my glucose under control and continue to lose weight. Sounds like you're going to be really busy for the next week preparing for Mom's visit and then enjoying her visit with you. Just make sure to enjoy it all and don't let it stress you....you get too much stress at work as it is.

Annie - I, too, have occasionally used melatonin to help sleep. I've also used chamomile capsules. I DEFINITELY think you should call him. Even if just to reconnect and not to "hook up". I'm glad I inspired you to get moving. I feel SO much better when I exercise. This is so weird for me, as I was a couch potato queen as recently as 4 months ago. And now I'm working toward being an exercise or something! I'm glad to hear that your doc gave you something to help you get regular. I might mow our front and back dandelion gardens this weekend. I just LOVE using the riding lawn mower. I go really fast and do donuts! It's a blast. We have a neighbor who is so anal about how perfectly straight his mow lines are that it must make him cringe to see me driving our mower all over like a bat out of h*ll.

Shad - we're having similar weather to you. Cool nights and mornings with warm sunny days (of course, right now for us "warm" is 60 to 65F). It still feels wonderful. I hope your quads and feet feel better. I agree, I think most of us northern gals are Vit. D deprived because of the long, long winter. I intend to get out and work in the garden this weekend to soak up some rays (with sunscreen of course). Does anyone know if sunscreen blocks Vit. D along with the UVA and UVB rays? I've never thought about that until now. I just know that I'm so fair skinned I can burn in 15 minutes or less without sunscreen.

Mel - have a wonderful visit with Marie! It's so nice to spend time with good friends!

Rennie - Good idea to call your son's doc. Better to be on the safe side. And I'm with you...any critters that find their way into my fenced yard (mostly squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons and possums) are safe. We check the yard thoroughly before letting the dogs out.

Holly - That's good that you're letting go of a few things to make more time for yourself and family! YGG!

Well, time for me to go.

Big and to everyone!

Last edited by diyana; 05-08-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #84  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Ladies....

LOL Diyana on the donuts on the mower. I can see you now. My DS would love to join you on that.

I am taking a mental health day tomorrow, getting a massage in the morning, then hair done after that. Sure wish my govt check would come. dang it.

NOt much else going on, Have a terrific Thurdsday All.

Love and Hugs,
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning all

Happy
The South Beach is an easy to follow plan. Lost 5 pounds this week.
Way to go on thos exercise minutes.

Shad
No to your answer on the hair. I'll do that in June.

Mel
Enjoy your company. We all need friends around.

Hello to the rest. I've just barely skimmed the post.

I'm trying to do different things for exercise. Last night I did a BL cardio and sculpt dvd for 60 minutes. There is no way I can catch up with Happy in exercise minutes.

I've lost 5 pounds this week. It may be the fluid retention but hey, I'll take it.

Today is the dreaded gyn visit.

I need to make a couple of phone calls so I'm out of here.

Have a good day.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #86  
Annie - Indiana

Ceej..good luck at the Gyn. 5 lbs in any form, is good when starting out.....
Old 05-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #87  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Holly
Sometimes we have to quit doing all the things we have been doing. Gives us time to smell the roses. You get out in that garden, gardening is good for us

Happy
We all understand having to get things done. You just pop in when ever you can. While I hate to take the time to get my hair done and I hate someone touching my hair lol I love how I look after my hair is done. You enjoy that hair cut.

Di
The only thing the animals are safe from in my fenced in part of the yard is the hunters lol. Anything out of the fenced in yard is fair game lol. Sounds like you had a great time at the gym. That is terrific you enjoy yourself. Oh I did a workout that night that had lunges in it. I can't do many of those because of the knees. After two workouts with lunges and only a total of 30 lunges my thighs are killing me today lol.

annie
We got one of the checks still waiting for mine. Into the savings it goes. I spend it now I won't have it when I should be getting it next tax refund time lol.

cee
5 pounds in one week WOW that is terrific.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #88  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - My husband told me that some places have riding lawn mower races, and he keeps joking that he's going to supercharge a mower for me to race. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned tomorrow. I wish I could join you.

CeeJay - Good for you for doing the BL DVD! 60 minutes! YGG! on the great weight loss too! Good luck at the gyn.

Rennie - Although we live out in the country, we live in a subdivision, so no hunting allowed in the neighborhood. Great job on the lunges! 30 lunges is a lot! I have a hard time with lunges.

Last edited by diyana; 05-08-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #89  
Choose your hard

Oh Michelle - you had me in stitches with the riding lawn mower I would have never imagined you with a lead foot on a John Deere but then when I think about it, you do have a wild streak! Too funny about the neat neighbor too. So did you just force the couch potato queen to start moving and eventually you grew to like the exercise? Sounds like you have a nice variety at your gym. I find around these parts that they offer most of the classes I'd be interested in during times I can't make it. Big difference between here and up north is up north, they cater to the customer so businesses stay open on the weekends or later at night. Here the attitude is "you work 9 to 5 and so do we" so you have to take time off to go get something other than Lowe's home improvement store or the mall. Very disappointing. Same thing with the gyms. They might be open from 7am to 10pm but classes and trainers are geared mostly from 9 to 6.

Rennie - wow - 30 lunges! That's fabulous!!! Bet you won't be running too fast today tho. I'm sure the WATP will be good for stretching out those poor achy muscles.

Ceejay - congrats on the 5 pounds down Oh those minutes add up. Just a little bit here and there each day would surprise you. I racked up alot of minutes on the weekend just doing some heavy cleaning which involved lots of stairs and such.

Annie - enjoy that pampering day tomorrow. Sounds wonderful! Stop thinking about your check and it will show up - it's always that way. DH keeps trying to talk retirement finances with me and I keep saying oh, does this mean I can go shopping????? Then he deflates my balloon by saying - sure you can go shopping - you'll just have to work another 20 years

Mel - hope you and Marie are tearing up the town or at least having a good yak together.

Hellos to the rest of the chicks.

I want to see pics of Shad's backsplash too.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #90  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Happy -- When the couch potato in me got the diabetes butt kick, I forced her to exercise at least 5 days a week. It took about a month for me to really, really enjoy it. Now I try for 6 or 7 days of exercise because if I miss a day, I really feel blah, low energy and kind of down. What a drag that your gyms are only open during normal business hours - that's crazy! I live in a small town and somethings close around 6, but not the gyms thank goodness. My nice quiet serene Y (read: no kids allowed, bring your own tunes and headphones, and normal people with real bodies) is open until 8 weeknights and just on Saturday morning (closed Sundays). But the other Y in town (kids allowed, music playing, and more thin people than fat) is open both days on the weekend and later at night, so I go to it if "my preferred" Y is closed. Most classes are offered during the day, but Mon. - Thurs. they offer 2 different classes during after work hours. Nothing on the weekends though. And the trainers work until at least 7 or 8, which is nice. I cracked up at your DH teasing you about going shopping that you'll have to work another 20 years. that's not nice of him!
Closed Thread