Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Tuesday...sunny and 75 today, lots of walking on breaks and lunch today...

Diyana...I know, I know, excuses are like belly buttons, everyone has one....but....when I picked my DD up after work (we carpool), she said let's go get our nails done. Didn't get home til 7:30, fixed dinner, did dishes, was 9:15 by that time, went to bed, at 5:00 am come early. BUT TONIGHT>>>>I AM DOING THE EXERCISING>>>

Rennie...phooey on the doc's scales...you know best.

MEL...what can we say...you are one rockin' landlord...

Shad...sleep tight darlin.

Have a terrific day, my friends.

Love and hugs
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #137  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELL I GUESS SHAD IS OFF IN DREAMLAND
AND RENNIE WILL BE SCHEMING AND PLANNING WICKED THINGS TO DO

MICHELLE~ YES I SAID IT ALL BUT ONLY WHEN SHE ASKED. I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE FORCEFUL PEOPLE IF I SEE SOMEONE ISN'T "READY". BUT I PLAN ON E-MAILS TO FOLLOW UP. I CAN BE A PEST LONG DISTANCE

TODAY IS AN UNDECLARED MELIDAY. I WAS FREEEZING YESTERDAY AND FELT FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS. IT'S ONLY THESE CHANGES IN WEATHER BUT DANG THEY ARE GETTING WORSE AS THE YEARS GO BY. I TRIED TO IGNORE THEM UNTIL LAST NIGHT. TURNED THE HEAT HIGHER AND WAS ASLEEP BY 9:15 ROLLED OVER A FEW TIMES BUT DIDN'T WAKE TILL AFTER 7:30.
CANCELLED THE FOOD SHOP FOR TODAY AND JEN & RICHIE WILL GRAB A FEW ITEMS ON THEIR WAY HOME THIS AFTERNOON. STILL COLD HERE. WAS 42 LAST NIGHT AND WHAT A WIND!!
ME AND THE GRANDSON WILL JUST MELLOW OUT IN FRONT OF THE TV.

HAPPY TUESDAY!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #138  
Happy September

BELLY BUTTONS!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO ONLY HAVE ONE!! I HAVE THOUSANDS!! HAPPY WALKING
I THINK I AM MOVING BY YOU.....IT'S TOO COLD HERE....I'LL BRING MICHELLE THE EXERCISE BEAST ALONG WITH ME. KEEP US BOTH IN LINE!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #139  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

'fraid I can't stay long so forgive the quick check in.

Good story Rennie I like the idea of giving them sock puppets for Christmas. At least you got some new clothes out of it. Always a good thing in my book.

Annie - that's great that you're getting in some walking on breaks. I'm trying to do it too. You can get alot in just in little bits here and there. Doesn't make up for a full workout routine but I have to believe it helps.

Michelle - thanks for the great links and descriptions of your workouts. Definitely a good keeper reference.

Mel - wish I could send you some warm breezes but it's chilly here too. The weather sure is bouncy lately. Snuggle up in those flannel pjs and stay warm. Hang a gone fishin' sign on the door - ice fishing until it warms up some

Shad - your pic of the cat touching the dog looks like Mr. Feral in his long gone youth. Same coloring except your cat doesn't have "califlower ears" from one too many cat fights. Mr. Feral is hanging in there - he scoots around on 3 legs and is starting to put a bit of weight albeit briefly on the lame leg so that's good. Hope you had a good sleep and wake up ready to get the world in line

Hi Patty, Ceejay and the missing Canadians who have decided to abandon us in May. Perhaps they don't like Mayhem. But we're a quiet bunch this month.

I gotta get to work. See yahs later...
Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #140  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Tuesday to you, ladies!

I went to the gym last night and did an awesome step class followed by a challenging strength training class, and I thought about all of you as I was doing the classes. The classes really kicked my butt and afterward I was sweaty, energized and endorphin-ized! I felt like dancing - and in fact I did a little bit in the kitchen as my dinner was cooking. I had a bowl of soup that my MIL made, and cottage cheese with strawberries for dinner and watched the Milwaukee Brewers baseball game. It's supposed to be a gorgeous day out today with highs near 70, so I'm planning on taking a walk during lunch.

I spoke with a friend last night who just signed up for Gold's Gym and who is on an eating plan devised by her trainer. In my mind, it's too strict. No salt, no sugar and no fat at all (not even good fat like MUFAs). He said it is to build muscle. I'm no expert, but I think a little fat is necessary as long as it is the healthy kinds of fat. What do you all think? I thought I read somewhere that vital organs and systems need a bit of fat to keep things running, but I could be wrong.

Annie - Okay, you get a free pass for not exercising last night. But tonight, girlfriend, I want you to work those arms, abs and anything else.

Shad - I hope you get a good restful night of sleep.

Mel - Hang on there....I'm an exercise BEAST now?? I think I prefer to be the Exercise or Exercise Goddess or something....but not a BEAST! I totally agree with you about how important it is to wait until someone is ready to hear the wisdom of our experience. It's good that you'll continue to follow up with her. You're a good friend. Enjoy your Meliday and Stay Warm!

Happy - your Exercise Bank is getting bigger and bigger - no doubt as your figure gets smaller and smaller.

Hi Patty, CeeJay, Ruth, and everyone! Here's to a great day for all of us!

Last edited by diyana; 05-13-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

Thanks Diyana for the pep talk....it actually worked for my lunch walk. My walking buddies, pooed out on me, and I, too, almost blew off walking, then I read your post and went anyway by myself. I feel soooo much better. Kinda revived to finish up the work day.

Funny thing, I have lost weight in my feet too. My size 10 shoes fling off when I walk down the hallway. My last pair of shoes I bought were 9's (in pink, and oh so pretty, Pink is my favorite color. It is the national color for love). Pretty close to high school shoe size of 8-81/2.

Man, I am just a babbling, must be the walk and burst of energy.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #142  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

annie
We do gain weight in our feet. Do you know your feet are one of the body parts that always keeps growing anyway. Wonder how many of us have gone down in shoe sizes. You keep that walking going. If your friends don't want to walk you do it. Walking is great for you.

Di
The problem with those DIETS is that no one can stick to them forever. The body needs fats. The skin, hair and so forth needs fats. The body itself needs fat to run correctly. All cells use fat to run or the cell membranes will weaken and not work properly. I have no idea what is so hard about balanced meals. Some of the crazy things people think are good for them.

Melody
Ever since I have lost this weight I am cold all the darn time. Don't have all that insulation I guess.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #143  
Annie - Indiana

Rennie....I am cold all the time too, even on hot sunny days when I walk. I also sleep with an extra blanket on at night. Yes, we need some fat/oil, WW has it on their balance diet plan. It has to be good for you in small amounts to keep functioning normally. I had heard that about body parts that keep growing, another one is your nose and ears. My nose now has a dimple in it like my mother's nose. It didn't till a few years ago. Not really an attractive thing either.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi
Old 05-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #145  
Annie - Indiana

Hi Ceejay....

Diyana...just got another walk 15 minute walk in....;^)
Old 05-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #146  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi all,
Up and at em at 5.30am. Just off to the gym but I will be back to comment when I come home smothered in endorphins (not). A new day, now lets get out there and accomplish something during it.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #147  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Okay - back from the gym and have showered, dressed, breakfasted and turned on the work computer only to find that half of the things that got put right yesterday are wrong again. Gotta love IT. I've sent a message to my favorite IT man and when he gets in in a couple of hours he will get THE MESSAGE. I can still work thank goodness and will do so just as soon as I get off here and put a load of washing on and stack the dishwasher.

Mel - stay warm and calm. There is nothing that has to be done straight up so don't do anything. Let the office bods handle it. Yeah I know, but that is what they are paid for.

Annie - nothing like a good walk for blowing away the cobwebs and getting the body and head sorted. Get out there and just do it!!!

Michelle - You are right about the fat in the diet. Without it, you lose skin texture and it looks dry and dusty, particularly if you are tanned or have a dark skin, you need some fat to help with some of the organs. If you look at any of the good llifestyle eating plans around the place - WW, South Beach, CSIRO, etc. They all talk about a level of protein, carbs and fat. I forget the exact ratio now, something like 40/35/25. The other thing I find is that if you tried to leave out all fat in the diet (it's basically impossible unless you chew on apples and spices and herbs) then the diet becomes impossible to keep up. Fat equates to taste. Food don't taste good - guess what? You don't want to eat it, you break the diet and eat something that does taste good. Fat also provides a certain amount of energy, so how can you go to the gym or do a really good workout without energy???

So Rennie - you are about to commit mayhem on the family? Well have fun getting back at them. Try mixing up the socks from the laundry. One of DD's paired with one of DH's. Tends to drive the household wild.

I'm so cute, they won't care if I shred this

I said - go to sleep NOW

So with that I am off. The day is full and busy. Lots of reading of the Project Blueprints - yes Finance has finally finished warbling and got the stuff on paper. Still waiting for MM and HR/PY. Don't know if I will ever get to see the latter. They are not known for timely anythings.
Washing - dishes - work - trip to shed - more work - ironing - cleaning in bedrooms - will it ever end.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #148  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Shad
Maybe tape the toilet seat closed in the camper lol. Since I am not the kind of person to do that type of thing lol they would never expect it from me. Put a small padlock on the zippers so wolf can't get out of the tent lol.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #149  
Happy September

HAPPY~ GLAD MR FERAL SEEMS TO BE OK AND IS STILL COMING AROUND TAKE CARE OF YOU DURING THE BUSY WORK WEEK

DEAR MICHELLE THE OF EXERCISE! PARDON MY FORMER MISTAKE. I AM JUST A LOWLY SERF DEDICATED TO YOUR ENERGIZER BUNNY SELF! I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT FRIEND'S PLAN. SHE WILL FIND OUT VERY SOON WITH DRY SKIN AND CONSTIPATION JUST WHAT ROLL FATS PLAY IN OUR DIET. TO SAY NOTHING THAT THE BODY'S ORGANS ETC USE IT. GOLD'S IS FAMOUS FOR PROTEIN PLANS PACKING ON THE MUSCLE DURING WEIGHTLOSS. NOT MY IDEA OF A GOOD PLAN. EVEN THE ONE I HAVE, I HAD TO MICIFY TO BE HEALTHIER. LOOK JUST HOW GOOD YOU ARE DOING AND BEING HEALTHY AT THE SAME TIME. BESIDES, STRICT PLANS LIKE THAT DON'T HELP A PERSON LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT EATING IN "REAL LIFE" AND TRYING TO MAINTAIN.

PINK SHOES AND SMALLER? HOW GREAT IS THAT ANNIE! AND YOU HAVE NICE THINGS TO THINK OF WHILE WALKING. ALL YOUR GREAT SUCCESSES!

RENNIE I AM COLDER AND ALSO MY BUTT HURTS MORE TO SIT ON. TO9OK ME AWHILE TO GET USED TO THAT!

BACK TO CEEJAY! HOPE THE WEEK IS GOING WELL!!

SHAD~ GLAD YOU GOT THE MESSAGE ACROSS "IT"! ALSO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU CAN STILL WORK FROM HOME. WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
DO YOU STILL HAVE THE SAME TRAINER AS LAST WE HEARD AT THAT GYM? WHAT A BUSY DAY YOU HAVE LINED UP!

I AM WAITING FOR A CALL FROM MARIE. SHE IS LEAVING THIS AFTERNOON. SHE WOULD LIKE ONE LAST VISIT BUT I AM NOT SURE HER OTHER FRIEND IS "UP" FOR THAT. WE'LL SEE. I SUGGESTED THAT MAYBE SHE SPEND THE TIME WITH HER THIS MORNING. AFTER ALL SHE HAS BEEN THE AIRPORT TAXI
YESTERDAY WAS GOOD AND RESTFUL. SHOULDER AND NECK MUST HAVE HAD A COLD BREEZE ON IT THE OTHER NIGHT WHILE SLEEPING AND IT STILL BOTHERS ME TODAY. SO I AM NOT SCHEDULING ANYTHING.
BUT I DID GET THE BILLS DONE AND SOME CORRESPONDENCE. HARD TO WRITE FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME OR TYPE. DOING IT IN SPURTS.
BETTER GET SOME BREAKFAST BEFORE THE TELLY RINGS.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY
Old 05-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #150  
Annie - Indiana

Shad...nuttin like gettin all ready for work and find the work is messed up. Goodluck with the IT dude.

Didn't exercise last night, HOWEVER, I walked a total of 50 minutes yesterday, then worked in my yard last night. Carried decorator blocks, one in each hand, about 50 feet, back and forth for about 30 minutes. Arms and hips are killing me today. Might need to get with the better living thru chemicals program going.

Hidee Ho, good morning to all

Love and hugs
Closed Thread