Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Do you have a kitchen/food scale?
Yes, but I don't use it 12 42.86%
Yes, a digital/electric one that I do use 3 10.71%
Yes, a dial one that I do use 2 7.14%
No, don't have one but plan on getting one 4 14.29%
No, don't have one and don't plan on getting one 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 09:00 PM   #91  

Thumbs down

hello all,

had a fun night playing bunko last nite at my house. we are a group of 12 girls who have been playing once a month on wed for the past 12 years. most of us now have freshmen in college. I served lots of sb legal stuff and had alternative things for me to eat to match the stuff they had that i could not or would not eat. i did serve a bought cheesecake and found that most preferred deb's cheesecake, yum!

i gained another pound, i am still in a 3 pound plateau where i have stayed for the last few weeks. it is that time of the month and i am holding fluid as evidenced by my ankles at the end of a 10hr workday. my fasting blood sugars still continue to stabilize so that is a number i like better than the one on the scale.

quilter- a friend of mine is going to cincinnati in may to participate in the FLYING PIGS MARATHON. i wonder whereabouts they will be running. this could get you ready for wdw?

beth- i have found whole wheat pasta at wild oats and our grocery chain in fl. publix. one brand is hodgson mill, they make bowties, spaghetti, spirals etc. the key is to read the labels i prefer the exekiel bread found at health food stores and whole wheat tortillas found there too.

to everybody else a quick hello and hope all are having a great sb legal week.

BAD NEWS-my daughter has sold about 130 boxes of the dreaded GIRL SCOUT cookies, i will have them in my living room in a few weeks, HELP! right now i can say i do not want to eat them, but when they are here, oh dear! i will need more than someone on my shoulder i am afraid!

take care ,

chris
Old 01-24-2002, 09:07 PM   #92  

Sorry I have been so slack about posting this week. Tonight will be no exception either. I have just been a bit busy this week. TOM is also wearing me out this week!

I will try to post in the morning. You guys are doing so great and having so much to say, I hate not to comment and be supportive.

I did want to post something to DEB about putting our weights at the end of posts. I think this is such a personal decision that should be left up to each member, no pressure. I realize your motive, but I think that there are enough of us who do post our numbers to motivate and make-up for those who have chosen not to post them. And Lord knows if people aren't motivated and inspired by the likes of you then there may not be any hope for them anyway! However, to put the weight on the board... well, for some it's just too embarrasing, maybe some are in denial, while others are just more private. I know you don't want to make others feel uncomfortable, but I am afraid that it will have that effect for a few. I know you didn't ask for a vote, and you aren't suggesting this is mandatory, but I would like to see us continue to keep the decision to post weights a personal one. Maybe typing "total pounds lost since (date)" would be easier for those who are sensative about their numbers. Thanks for listening! No hard feelings!

Peace,
FROG
Old 01-24-2002, 09:20 PM   #93  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey Stacy...

I just read your Bio, and I wanted to say (first of all YAAAAAAY Another Alabama Girl!!) and secondly...
That NUMBER... is just that.. a NUMBER. It's not who you are, or what you look like. Weight is a NUMBER. Focus on FEELING good.. when you feel good, and your clothes fit like you want.. You're there!

That number doesn't spell Stacy.

((())) Keep up the good work!
Old 01-24-2002, 10:03 PM   #94  

Hi All

Deb - Size 4 pants? WOW. I usually buy the 70% Lindt chocolate although I haven't eaten much of it lately. Just once in a while I will have a couple of pieces. A friend of mine bought me some of the 80% Lindt a while ago and I found it rather gross, much too strong. I think I will stick to the 70. I'll have to check out that website again and see what they have there and if I can get some in the store. A game of badminton usually takes about 15-20 minutes - depending on how good your opponents are (also how good or not you are And some days I seem to put more effort into it and do more running around. Yesterday was a good day for me.

Melf - I will be visiting Disney World in March with my family and Deb is trying to arrange for a group of us to get together while I am there. I wish you could join us. Sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time at work. Is there a nursing shortage in your area or are they just trying to save money by giving you such a heavy patient load?

BOB - Glad to hear that your bs test results were ok after all.

Sef - I've never done any ab workouts - with our without weights - but I am sure that ab work with 50# weights could cause a haemorrhoid problem. It sounds like a hefty weight to be starting with and it must be a lot of strain on all of your muscles. Maybe you need to start more slowly.

Beth - Basmati is a long grain rice and you can get it in both brown and white. Both are legal on SB. Another rice that has an even lower gi is parboiled/converted rice. Any instant rices should be avoided. You should look for pastas that are made with whole wheat durum semolina but even regular pasta is acceptable if you cook it al dente. The shorter the cooking time the lower the gi. I've gotten used to the ww pasta though and now prefer it to the regular. There is an article on the FOOD INFORMATION BOARD about pasta if you care to check it out. Here's the link: http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=2365.

Mel - Congratulations on your SIX MONTH SB ANNIVERSARY. Just think when you are discouraged that you are more than two thirds toward goal.

Will be out all day tomorrow. Table tennis in the morning - probably will get most exercise bending down picking up the ball.. Afternoon badminton and I am going out to a movie in the evening. Planning on seeing GOSFORD PARK. I will be working the weekend so probably won't have much time to post but hope to have time to lurk while at work.

Bye for now.

Marie.
235/194/180?
Old 01-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #95  

Default Winter's Back!

The weather is definitely doing a Texas thing today. We went from 70 degrees yesterday to 39 this morning and are supposed to have a low of 29 tonight. We finally got some rain, which we needed, and some thunderstorms for excitement.

I had a long day listening to a software presentation, teaching my class and teaching a PowerPoint training class to teachers after school. I'm pooped tonight.

Welcome to all of you new SBers. You have found a place full of warmth and support. Ask all your questions and someone will answer them. My contribution: One of our local grocery stores carries a brand called Nature's Own that makes a sugarfree WW bread. It's really good. And I've found SugarBusters pistolettes at Wal Mart. It is hard finding bread made without some form of sugar.

Deb: Congrats on Michael's AP Euro success and I wish good luck on Lauren's audition for the school. You should be proud of your kiddos. And whoo-hoo on the size 4s. I'd be trying on every pair in the store and running around for everyone to notice.

Kim: You are so positive, thanks for your pick-me-ups. I'm not losing right now and it's really easy to start feeling sorry for myself. I'm staying OP, but just am not happy with my body right now.

I think I'll start focusing on successes. I was able to pass up 2 cakes brought into the teachers lounge this week. They were Coca Cola cakes, whatever that is. I just know they were chocolate. And everybody raved about them.

Mel: Thanks for the tip about the protein powder. I'll have to look for it. I need to up the protein without upping the fat intake and there's no way I can eat 6 meals a day with my schedule.

Bob: Hope things are better for you. Stay positive.

My eyes are heavy and my fingers aren't working, so I think it's time to turn this laptop off.

Hope everyone has a great TGIF!!!!!

Take care,
Jeanie
196/169/130
Old 01-25-2002, 10:04 AM   #96  

Wink Friday Morning Note

Good Morning Everyone!

Before I get to into this post let me say that I am NOT arguing with our Detox Dungoeness. Just stating my view and attempting to explain why people may be uncomfortable about complying with her request. That's all! Deb and I have the luxury of having met and she knows my communication style, intonation patterns and has a much better idea of how I would say this verbally. I doubt that she took this the wrong way and I hope she knows me better than that. No need for an uproar should anyone be feeling that way.

Ok, now with that said...

Yesterday was a PMS nightmare for me. Knew I would start TOM Thurs of Fri. All the women in the office are also having TOM so we've all been wallering in the PMS pond together. I was having chocolate cravings to beat the band and finally gave-in in the afternoon and ate pack of peanut M&M's. It was rather unlike me, but I know that I need to get some legal treats for my desk!

Did go the gym the past 2 nights. Last night was a bust! As soon as I got on the bike I started my period big time! And of course I didn't have anything there in the way of hygeine products! So needless to say I had to end my workout a bit early. Wed night I rushed through because I was meeting a former co-worker for some "cwah-fee tak" at 8:00. We ended up talking until after 11:00!!

Going to the hockey game tonight! Always a good time!

Miss Mary-Ca Kitty was spayed yesterday and will be coming home today. Luckily those ol' Tom cats have moved on. Hope that sweet kitty is doing ok! I ca get her after 10:00 this morning.

The Bargain Box marked those jeans to $2.50 yesterday so I went back and got some Express brand "goal jeans" in sizes 9/10 and 7/8. Yippee! If I'm not able to wear them by October I'll bring them to the beach and see if they will fit any of you guys. Deb and I have discussed a clothes exchange for that weekend. Any thoughts?

Speaking of the beach, plan to see my friend this weekend and hope to get some information from her regarding our dates! Promise to let y'all know as soon as I do! I just called her because I couldn't help myself. She is gonna check with her uncle and see.

My cough is much better. So much so that my pooch is finally coming back to snuggle with me in the mornings!

DEB - Size 4's! I'm not surprised! You are tiny! Al Roker is in Miami this morning. I was looking for ya. He was talking about the fact that it is already in the mid-70's there. It's 8:30 in the morning! How do you stand it? I would melt and honestly, I would probably never stop sweating! Good luck to Lauren. How are your new shoes working out for you? Glad to hear that you didn't have any cavities! Broward and Ole Ole will be sending out a search party for you and Eli. You have to go and visit them once in a while! Hey, could you talk to Michael's teachers about assigning homework on Tuesday nights that interfere with your chat time? I understand, but boy do I miss you at chat! Think I will take my pics to be developed today! Let me know how yours came out.

HAM - Enjoyed chatting with you Tuesday night. You sound as though you have an interesting job! What line of work are you in? Do you get to hon-nob often? Can we ALL come along?

BETH - I agree that the numbers are just that. I've never had a real problem with posting them, the first time I did put them up I was shocked, but it was very therapeutic. Just attempting to be supportive of those who are sensative about it. Yuo have a great resume! I had a cousin who was an EMT and an emergency room guy. He died a few years ago of oral cancer, but her LOVED his work immensely and was rumored to be very good at it. The Keebler truck would give me nightmares. Keep being strong!

JRED - Thunder in winter means snow in 10 days! We're having your weather too. Would like to see some more COLD weather before spring.

FILLISE - You're so busy! Sounds like your business is going well. Congrats!

HAPPY - Enjoyed chatting with you too. A pedicure sounds great. I'd like to have one too. I'm waiting for my toenail to grow back first though.

SOL - Great walking time girl! I asked DH about doing the race with Vince. Sounds like they need to talk about it and compare their times. I will say from my own experience it is difficult to walk and run at someone else's pace, but I think it would be great if they could. I will try to do to the 1/2 with you guys too, but we may find that we need to do it at our pace and meet up when/where we can. It would be easier if we could train together. We will have the opportunity to work-out together in October. The house has a great place for exercising.

TV - I'm getting my highlights tomorrow! I know what you mean about them bain shocking at first. It always takes me a few days to get used to them. I'm getting the same color that I currently have, but it still looks different to me.

NANCE - Way to go skinny-minny! I think I found what you lost!

BUSDEB - What did you think of the latest news story involving the PA bus driver! OMG! Could you imagine a driver doing such a thing? Unbelievable! How is April?

ZANNE - Hope you feel better. I love grape tomatoes too.

BIG KNIGHTS MAMA - GS Cookies! That's almost as bad as the Keebler truck! I hate this time of year when Edy's puts out an ice cream - Girl Scout Thin Mint. It is one of my favorites! Is this the first time your friend has done the Flying Pig? I have thought about doing this one some day. Have heard that it is not all that easy. Disney is actually one of the easier ones to do. Let me know if you've heard anything from your friend about that.

MEL - Body for Life... I have a few questions about this. Is it weight training? How often do you work out? I would love the basic info about this program. I would really like to tone up.

JMUIR - Good loss!

RHROO - Loved the name change for WIW. I felt that way this past fall. Hated seeing the numbers go up, even though my eating was OP and my activity level was over the top. Glad to have gotten of the meds and to see the scale going down again! Hang in there, it will for you too.

MUSIC - Great news that you are walking!

BOB - Was "That 80's Show" good? I wanted to see it but stayed too late at coffee.

ROSALIE - Thanks for the info on calcium and PMS. Am now considering talking to doctor about a calcium supplement. Thankfully I really am not a sufferer of PMS.

GATOR - Are you out there? Haven't seen you on the board lately. Hope all is well.

NASCAR - Looks like you're a morning exerciser. You will be so glad that you are this summer! Good for you!

QUILTER - You'll get in those jeans! Hang in there! Do you want me to get you some $2.50 goal jeans?

SEF - Your hemorrhoid could certainly have been aggrivated by the strain associated with lifting weights. I would suggest that you use your abdominal muscles to support your trunk and that you also put your quadriceps and glutes to work so that your booty can relax. I think that calling on your lower abdominals will help with your problem. I also think that you may want to lower your weights. You should meet with resistance but not have to strain. Good luck!

Well, I think I got to just about everyone! Gotta go get busy with my errands!

Peace,
FROG
Old 01-25-2002, 10:04 AM   #97  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Friday Morning

AH, a sunny morning, a steaming cup of coffee, and a purring kitten curled up in my lap--what could make this morning better? Why a visit with my SB sisters, of course!

Yesterday was really hectic and eating was not 100% OP, but probably the best I could do. So I will just move on today.

I'm really ready for this banquet to be over with. I've got more than 300 people coming--almost every candidate who is running for anything as a Republican in the state of Alabama--and a hoard of media. The banquet is Monday night and I'm ready for it to be over with! Fortunatly I got to select the menu, so I made sure there are plenty of SB legal foods on the buffet table!

OH well, I'm gald to hear that everyone seems to be doing well--BOB way to go on those blood sugar numbers!

BigK--are you measuring yourself? One of the things I have discovered is that when I hit a plateau, I almost always continue to lose inches and weight redistributes itself on my body. Hang in there the scale WILL begin to go down again!

OK--time to get back to work!

Have a good day everyone!

Susan
300/238/150
July 10, 2000

Last edited by Fillise; 01-25-2002 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:09 AM   #98  
Goddess

Default Um, Frog.. .

Is that picture from the Orlando gathering?????

Susan
Old 01-25-2002, 10:23 AM   #99  

Default Friday Morning

Good Morning to all,
I know you guys thought I had gotten lost again. TV did because she sent out an ABP for me. I am doing fine. I have been lurking some so I am not totally in the dark. I have not been OP for weeks now but feel that this week has been the turn around for me. I am also happy to say that even with being bad I am still at the same wieght as I was before I started with the cheating. Now I plan on moving my butt towards my goal. 33 pounds to goal and I can make it with all your help.

Deb.....wtg on the pants girl...I am sure my big butt will never see size 4's.....heck when I got married I wieghed 115 and I was perfect size 10 then. I bought a size 10 wedding dress and we did not have to do one thing to it. Right now I would be happy with a 12. One day and one day soon.

Frog......I could not believe my ears when I heard that this morning.....what was that guy thinking???? I told my DH that I didn''t like any of my kids well enough to travel 200 miles with them on the bus.....I want them off as soon as possible. I heard one little boy said they had fun...but I beat some of them were scared ...bless thier hearts. Did you hear what age the kids were? Also dear I understand what you are saying about posting the wieghts. I think it should be an individual decision also and I think that is what Deb was saying also. I bet she was saying it for the new ones who might not know to post that.

Beth....welcome dear....and where in Alabama are you and who is the other person from alabama you mentioned?

TV......I am hear dear so stop worrying about me....LOL We need to plan a day to meet so we can share some stories and pictures with our SB friends. Let's talk about that soon ok?

To all others hello and just say NO TO SUGAR!!!

Smiles,
Debbie
Old 01-25-2002, 10:24 AM   #100  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Trying to get a post together-thought I'd post this as part of our FRIDAY FUNNIES It's titled WHY YOU DON'T GIVE YOUR KIDS MARKERS!!!! I don't know who's kids these are, it was sent to me via e-mail and I think it's just making the e-mail trail today.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:50 AM   #101  

Default Good FRIDAY morning!!!

Well, it’s finally Friday and I nowhave time to get caught up with all of you. Boy, when you miss two evenings on this board, you miss a lot!!! Book club was good last night. We picked new books for March and April. My choice for March was The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. And April’s is Five Fortunes by Beth Gutcheon. Anybody read either of these. I have read both of them and really liked them. Now I have to get busy finding my copies. I always loan books out and then forget who has them.

I’ve been doing pretty well with my eating the past couple of days. Today is the big test . . . being home most of the day by myself. For the past few months, these days have been “Kim’s Eat Everything She Sees” Days. And that’s what’s piled on this excess weight. After breakfast I am going to fix a big pot of herbal or green tea and then drink that all day. On working days I fix a thermos full of tea and drink it all through the day and it helps there. So why not here, too?

SOL---Your story of the 4.5 miles was cracking me up. First, Miss Flashdance. Then the prego lady kicking your butt. I hope your walkman isn’t permanently scarred. You must have really been pumping your arms. Good for you!!!!! Who cares about your time . . . just that you went so far is fantastic!!! I like they way you gave yourself a break, like if you felt tired at such a time, you’d stop. I do that on the TM. I say, get to 20 minutes and then you can stop. By the time I get to 20, I realize I have a little bit left in me and go further. It’s those head games that make it all work.

DEB---You are a sneaker buyin’ mama! You got some good stuff and they were on sale. Whew! I was starting to worry there for a bit. And so proud of you for donning the WHITE. They probably feel like they have an on/off switch for the brightness. LOL I am so with you on keeping the goodies that I can’t control OUT of the house. Every so often I get in a cookie baking mood and I had found one recipe in SBFL that was good. But Ijust can’t deal with a whole batch of cookies in this house. I would be making unnecessary trips out to the kitchen just to grab one more and one more. And before long, they’d be gone. My only snacking these days has been fruit. I’m trying to keep an extra generous/variety supply here at the house. Seems to be working okay. Good luck. One scone sounds so small, doesn’t it? Also, tell Lauren she’s getting a whole BUNCH of good thoughts and well wishes from up here in OH. I know she’ll do fine and with a prefession coach to give her extra tips!!! Wow, she’s got it made. Good luck. I hope she doesn’t get too nervous. One more thing . . . SIZE SIXES ARE TOO BIG?????? Girlfriend, you have just won the prize, the brass ring, the big time number one championship. You are officially a TEENY, TINY person and I will hear no argument from you. Got that? That’s so cool. I’ll bet you were absolutely BEAMING when you left that store. I would have been shouting it from the counter tops. I CAN WEAR A SIZE 4. THE SIXES ARE TOO BIG!!!! Grab that microphone from the cashier and give everybody a heads up. LOL Maybe it’s better if I don’t get that small. Wouldn’t want to cause a scene or get arrested just because my hiney got tiny.

Hey, HAM---welcome aboard. I wonderred if you’d show up here after Tuesday’s very talkative chat. Good to see that you did. And HAM, there’s no such thing as a stupid question. Just remember that when you’re asking, there’s probably 10 people (at the very least) who want to know the same thing, but were too shy to ask. So you are doing somebody else a favor. Hey, WTG on being strong against the tempting food at the party. That’s great!!! We are all here for you to get as healthy as possible. Remember that! And doesn’t it feel GREAT to share a victory with us???? I love that part.

BOB---Thanks for the tip on the pressure cooker. Sounds like the bigger is the way to go. Nothing sounds more fun to me than meeting you at the gym. Wouldn’t we have a riot together. We’d probably get an extra hard workout in because we’d be laughing so much. Our abs would be doing all the work!!! Come pick me up the next time you go!!!

FROG---Sounds like you handledl Spewer with dignity and grace. I knew you could do it. Your car sounds like heaven on 4 wheels. How fun for you and hubby. Enjoy the ride, hon!!!! Enjoyed the chat last night. We had a ton of people on that line. Also I want to let you know that I’m NOT feeling one bit UPROARIOUS. LOL I totally understood what you were saying and that you were saying it in love. You don’t have to worry about me. Everything is okay here. And I totally understand what you are saying. DEB knows that I’m not posting my weight right now. It’s just too much of an increase ove where I was last year. I’m not in denial. Believe you me, I keep those three digits in my head at all times. But I guess the vanity is getting to me and I just can’t bring myself to write it. Perhaps after I lose a few, then I’ll be able to come to terms with it. Thanks for understanding. So glad to hear Miss Kitten is now in charge of her life. Isn’t just typical of a man to “try to love ‘em and then leave ‘em.” LOL Of course, that doesn’t include our wonderful men in that generalization!!! I LOV the idea of a clothes exchange. Sounds super. BTW, don’t buy me anymore goal jeans. Half my closet is filled with them. Although that 2.50 price tag sure is tempting. LOL

MEL---Sounds like you are no longer a member of the clean plate club. Has the official mommy representative been by to pick up your membership card? LOL I’m with you on the toxic fume problem. I broke down and bought some Beano yesterday. So far it’s helped. Let’s hope I don’t get immuned to it. Hey, Happy 6th month SB anniversary. Way to go!!! That’s great! You stand in front of the mirror and moan? I stand in front of the mirror and tsk-tsk-tsk!!! It’s all the same. Let’s hope it keeps us on track.

RHROO---You can bet I did NOT (and won’t) be on this journey naked. EEE GADS!!!! Now there’s a thought to bring on some nightmares. I found another old pair of fat pants in the back of my closet. They looked awful, but it was a last resort. So maybe the humiliation of wearing STRETCH pants will keep me on track. LOL Just remember to stay on this board and do what you need to do and sooner or later, you’ll be back down to your skiniest weight. That’s what I’m banking on. Everyday that I post and have contact with all of you, is another day toward my goal. Another day to be healthy. Another day to live the good life. BTW, you make me smile too. Thanks!

BETH---Welcome and good luck. Those cravings can be nasty. I hope you make it through. Just remember how great you feel when you win out over a craving. Just kick it to the curb!

HAPPY---Glad to hear that BKM and I helped you out. We sure enjoyed ourselves. You are SOOO SMART to fix your lunch the night before. Man, I wish I could get my act together in that respect. I manage to get that done early about once every month and that’s it. And then every morning, I am cursing myself becasue I have to take the extra time to make two lunches. That adds an extra 10 minutes to the morning routine.

ROSALIE---Thanks for sharing the article about calcium and pms. I had just heard something about that earlier in the week. Did you notice where the study was done???

ZANNE---You are making me hungry for one of Deb’s smoothies. Looks like there’s more things to add to my grocery list today!!! Can’t wait. Thanks for the reminder.

TV---You’re a blonde now. I thought it was just going to be highlights. Sounds like the hairstylists had other ideas. Hope you like it. Your picture revelation hit home with me. I thought I was so fat when in high school and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be that weight right now. Funny how our perspective changes. Thanks for the kind words. You are sweet. Have a great weekend.

SHEANN---Girl, I’m no expert, but I seriously think you need some veggies in your daily food intake. Grab some of that bag lettuce from the grocery and give yourself a healthy helping of green leafy veggies. I used to hate making salads. But now I am a pro. I can whip them up in no time now that I have a routine. Just a suggestion. Also, I don’t use salad dressing anymore. I put a bunch of herbs and spices on the veggies. Then add a helping of lofat cottage cheese and stir it all up until it’s equally dispersed through. It serves as a salad dressing and the herbs give it a kick. I noticed that you’ve been eating cc, so I thought you might want another use for it.

SEF---So sorry to hear that your pain in the butt is still with you. Do you have a sits bath. My parents swear by that thing when the “going gets tough.” I hope your sitter gets better real soon. Sounds like you strained too much when doing the weights. I wouldn’t doubt it. Maybe the amount of weight was too high.

BKM---Another similarity . . . BUNKO. I grew up playing bunko at every wedding and baby shower for every cousin I ever had. I used to love it. Was just talking to an old neighbor who said she’s in a long standing bunko group. Sounds like so much fun. I forget the rules. Why don’t you come up and meet your friend for the Flying Pig. It starts at the Museum Center which was the old Union Terminal. Then it winds it’s way all around the city. We weren’t in town for it last year, but I’d really like to go down and cheer the runner on. I know a couple of friends who run in it every year. It’s a pretty big deal around here. Don’t I wish I was in that kind of shape. DH said he ordered GS cookies. I said keep the **** things at the office. I don’t envy you being surrounded by them. You’d better get yourself something extra special to substitue for those cookies.

JRED---Thanks for the tip on the Nature’s Own Bread. I’ve never heard about it. But will ask my friendly Krogers to try and get it. That’s great! I was eating the Pepperidge Farm SGWW bread, but I think it has a lot of sugar in it. Now I don’t eat any bread. I can’t believe I can actually say that. It used to be a staple of my life. I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it, but have really tried to take it out of my life. It took a while, but it’s gone. I can’t rememeber the last time I bought a loaf of bread. The loaves inthe freezer probably have freezer burn on them. I will occasionally buy the ww pitas. My big thing right now is tortillas. I eat them in stead of bread. But that’s still now as much as before. You are sweet to say such nice things. It’s my pleasure to talk to everybody on this board. I know what you mean about getting down when you’re not losing. I am the QUEEN of pity parties. And this last pity party brought on almost 20 pounds. So I’m being positive for myself as much as for all of you. If I get low . . . watch out . . . here comes the binging.

FILLISE---Good luck with your banquet! Sounds exciting. We could surely use your organizational skills here. Our non-profit have a couple of big events a year. And it’s always nice to have an expert help out. We are having a fundraiser on the 12th which is a corporate spelling bee. The big SB experts from Scripps (the people who do the national kids’ competition) are right here in town and they do all the officiating at ours. It’s a lot of fun. And the corporations have teams of three people. So they get to work together to spell the words. They really have fun. And boy do those words get difficult. I would be out in the first round. Also, I like your attitude about moving as quickly as possible away from a day that’s not 100% op. That sure beats the think about it and have it ruin a whole week mentality that I usually use. Ha!

Okay, well I think that’s about it. If I missed anyone, so sorry!!! I truly tried to hit each of you. Listen, everybody let’s just really have great weekends. When we post on Monday morning, let’s each try to have one really great victory that we can share with everybody. How does that sound? I know that would be awesome motivation for me.

Take care, you all.
Kim
Old 01-25-2002, 11:01 AM   #102  
Sonya

Angry

Good Morning all!!!!

It looks like everyone is doing great this week. I haven't, I cheated day before yesterday. I had a craving for a chili cheese dog with fries and I'm afraid I ate it. There I said it. Makes me feel better for saying it, its in the open and I admitted it. I'm not perfect but I don't want to do that again. This pregnancy is making me crave stuff I haven't craved for a long time. But I did lose another lb in spite of the cheat. The doctor said to keep eating the way I am its great he said. I love it and wouldn't want to eat any other way. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and am due the last week of August or the first 3 days of Sept. I am having a C-section because thats how my 4 yr old daughter was delivered and I don't want to take a chance on anything ruputering. They did a sona-gram and we got to see the baby's heartbeat. The baby looks just like a tiny peanut right now. The doctor said I got preg around the 6th of Dec. My TOM had ended the 4th of Dec. That didn't take long huh. I am having a little trouble eating cooked veggies tho. Just thinking about eating a cooked veggie makes me feel ill, they have to be in a salad or have cheese on them. Well enough about that.

Welcome to the newbies this is a great board and a great WOE.

Melf congrats on reaching goal. Keep on keepin on!

Deb congrats on the pants size great work!!!!!!!

Lizery it was great to see your post. So glad to see you back we've missed you. Congrats on the weight loss.

To everyone else I didn't get to have a great beautiful day!!!!!

Started SB July 1, 2001
265/205/155 Have lost 60 lbs so far!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2002, 11:15 AM   #103  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning Everyone

I am pooped and woke up pooped, so I was too pooped to pound the pavement today-hence, no walk/jog. I know it's going to be a crappy day, started off with this tired feeling and then ate a scone (last one in the freezer and won't be buying them in bulk any more). Just had a pb&j sandwich (1piece of bread, not that that helps really) AND I made a cheesecake that I just took out of the oven. Have not a clue what's gotten in to me today, but I'm sure I'll be *****ing come tomorrow!

I was up late last night, one of the reasons I think I'm tired today. I stayed at Toms later than I thought I would with Lauren last night. I haven't seen him in a few years, def. not since I started SB. I've known Tom since 7th grade (remember, I'm now 40, he's 41), so it's a long time that he's known me, as well as known me at all my different weights. He was shocked at the way I looked-good shocked. I was shocked at the way he looked too-but the opposite. He was always very scrawny and skinny when we were growing up-NOT ANY MORE. What a shocker for me to see him-now I can understand how people felt when they saw me when I got up to almost 300lbs. Either way, I love him-he's such a sweetheart and has a heart of gold. Lauren was in awe of him and some of the pictures on his wall at his home-his Dad was very well known-he has pictures of his Dad with JFK, 4 days before he was assasinated, pic with Dad & Nixon and one with Dad and Carter. Tom's pictures include ones with Burt Reynolds and the guy who played FONZIE, gosh, can't remember his real name. Anyhow, around 9:30pm I finally left and was going to have Mom pick Lauren up from Tom's (they live 1 block away), Mom said they didn't get out of there until almost midnight. I haven't heard from Lauren yet, she's still alseep it seems. He really is a talented guy and I feel Lauren is going to learn a lot from him that will hopefully help come Monday at her audition. He wants to work with her again sometime this weekend-so I'll be running some point during the weekend over there.

I was sooo pissed last night! Michael's Dad was suppose to pick him up at the movies between 10-10:15pm last night. At 11:05pm I get a call, it's Michael telling me that no one came to pick him up! I call his fathers house and he's home-well, I must of raised my voice ten-fold and screamed ever explative I could bring my brain to think of being half asleep on the couch-HE FORGOT TO PICK UP MICHAEL! The steam coming out of my ears pushed me to the car and go pick him up-I felt so bad for the kid. He was sitting there for 1 1/2 hours, all stores are closed and he couldn't get change to call me-finally someone gave him the 50 cents he needed to call me. We've now explained that he can call 1-800-call-ATT and phone home collect if he doesn't have the money-and his Father-well, that's a whole other issue. Honestly, he's a good father, but there are those times that he has his head up his *** and last night was surely one of them!

Kids are off from school today. Thinking about taking them out to lunch and going to see the movie I AM SAM-looks so good! Have to p/u my cases of agave syrup too, so probably will be heading up to Broward. Also, have to get to KMART today and p/u the pictures so I can get some from Orlando posted!

QUICKIE-FILLISE! Yes, that's from Orlando, I'm not in the picture, I was doing my queenly DETOX DUNGEON EXERCISE YELLS at the gals to get them moving!! LOL!!

Ummm, I've gotta get in the shower, didn't realize how late it was already, Moms on her way bringing Lauren home from her sleeping there-got to get Michael up too. Will try to reply to all later!

Have a great day, and a fabulous weekend!!

Debbie
194/123/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-25-2002, 02:59 PM   #104  

Hi Y'all! I used to be excited when Fridays came around, now I just sigh. I'm working at the restaurant all weekend long, and I'm afraid it will really be a test. It's a pasta restaurant and we serve this really good bread. It's sooo tempting to snack on. That and the croutons were always my downfall. I'll just have to stay out of the kitchen unless I HAVE to be in there!

My grocery store sells lots of SB brand products, including their yogurt. Most of it's really good, but stay away from the Key Lime Pie Yogurt! It's disgusting!!

Emotional eating has always been a problem for me, and I've been so depressed the past few days (poor college student syndrome) that I'm eating like crazy. I guess the only good thing about it is that instead of reaching for oreos, I go for the sugar free cookies in my cupboard or an orange. Baby steps...

Mardi Gras season is just around the corner here, and I'm only going to one ball this year. I decided to wear a dress that I already own, but I've been too chicken to try any of them on to see if they still fit! So that's one of my goals for the weekend. Wish me luck!

Beth - Thanks for the encouragement! That really means a lot! There seem to be a few Alabama girls around here. Deb's right, we should get together some time!

Marie - I'm dying to see Gosford Park! Let us know how it is!

BKM - Just remember, Thin Mints are the devil! The Tagalongs were always my favorite. Although, I really think I ate more than I sold back in my day...

Frog - Sure! You can meet all the famous people! There aren't that many these days (and they aren't that famous!), but y'all can all come along! I work in media relations/marketing and promotions for a radio station now, and I'm also the media director for a music festival (called Bayfest). So, whenever famous people are around, and local media want to interview them, they go through me, and I set it all up. I've been lucky enough to meet lots of great people doing this (though most of them are rock and country stars). At the premier last week, I actually ended up talking to Nick from the band OTown (If you've never heard of them, ask a teenager) for about 30 minutes about SB. He mentioned that he tried to stay away from white bread, etc and I started briefly explaining SB, and he wanted to know all about it. Who knows, maybe we'll have a famous SBer before too long!

Busdeb - I'm the other Alabama girl. I'm from Mobile.

Quilter - Thanks! I'm sure I'll have tons and tons of questions! And you're right, sharing the victory is definitely the best part!

Deb - Size 4? Wow. And I mean wow. Good luck to Lauren! I'm sure she'll do great! And good luck to your son, too (sorry I don't remember his name). I did IB in high school (the first IB class in AL), and it definitely was NOT easy. It helped me prepare for college and get some great scholarships. I went to a snobby private college before I transferred home to South Alabama, and neither was as hard as IB. It will definitely prepare him for success.

Fillise - 300 AL Republicans?? In one place? That sounds like the start to a bad lawyer joke. What do you do? What's the banquet for? Is it a Windom thing? I'm sure it will all go off without a hitch. Then you can rest on Tuesday! Good luck!

To everybody else - Thanks for the support! Keep it legal!

Stacy
Old 01-25-2002, 03:16 PM   #105  

TGIF!!!!!

I am so ready for the weekend.
My doctor appointments went really great. My weight was done and insulin is down to 12.5, the testoerone is still high at 64, which is within range for a woman, but on the high side! I am so excited about the insulin!!!! It was a 90 when I stared taking Glucophage back 2 yrs ago!!!!!
So BIG improvement. The doctor was excited about the numbers too.

I have tried to catch up on all the posting I was beginning to go a little cross eyed , So I thought I would just say hello to all! I read that some of you are doing great, that is good to see! It makes me want to be and do better.

I have not lost anymore weight, but I think it is because I am not getting enough calories. I am so afraid to eat too much, I try to eat the right things, which is not too hard anymore.
I have uped my protien intake a little because I noticed that I was not eating alot of it, I was staying mainly with fruits, fresh veggies and Veggie Slice (cheese substitute, which has no protein) and Ezeikel grain bread.
I am working out atleast 3xs a wk.
I am going shopping on Saturday, so I will try to get a lot of easy and fast meal ideas that I can make in a few minutes, so I can have both lunch and dinner at work. I work from 1030a till 7p. I feel that it is too late to eat after 7p. I work out when I get home, and then eat after that, its 9pm. I go to bed shortly after that! Defeating my whole purpose.

Enough of that!
Anyway- I must get back to work
Thanks for listening

Pravda
262/254/125
mini goal-aug 13 190
Closed Thread