Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #166  

Hey all.... Went grocery shopping today. Sure didn't want to but got it all over with. Its all loaded in and put away. Found some more organic stuff at Wal Mart I'm excited to try. Now I've got to think about dinner.

Bob- I hope you feel better. DH was surprised and turned a little red when I brought the cake in. They did a horrible job on the cake so I was a little red too. LOL. It was supposed to be a hunting scene but was a bunch of blue's and greens. Yuck. Anyway the workers enjoyed it. He sent a big hunk of the cake home with a guy that has a bunch of children and the kids called back and sang Steve happy birthday. I thought that was cool.

Monet- Hope you have a nice dinner out. Steve and I haven't went out for a long time.

Oh yea my brother sent Steve a remode control helicopter for his birthday. Can't wait to see him fly it. I'll go wander in the cupboards now....
Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #167  

Dinner out was SWEET! Tom wanted to go to Taco Mac because they have over 100 beers on tap. Of course they have lots of TVs with sports on and we caught the last five minutes of the Ga-Fla game.

DAWGS- 42!!!!
Gators - 30

After we finished dinner, we went to Home Depot where I looked for an attachment for Tom's cordless drill that I could use for a pottery chore. I could not find what I was looking for, so I am going to go explore online and see if I can find what I need. I don't want to pay for a Dremel tool if I can help it. If I have to have one, I want someone to give it to me for Christmas instead of paying for it now!

Off to search!

Old 10-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #168  
sef

Hi all,

I haven't deserted the ship, I just got hung up on a reef of misery. Went through a bad patch with arthritis, vertigo, etc. etc. Just been miserable. Into every life some rain must fall, but sometimes it's more than needed. The doctor recommended PT for strenghtening muscle and tissues around joints, also may help balance, we'll see. It adds another thing to my schedule.

My weight keeps fluctuating around the same numbers but it is not gaining, sending me back to wehere I started.

I missed being here and reading all your posts, I haven't even been lurking!

Hope all is well with y'all. I will try to get back on the ball.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 10-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #169  

SEF!!! Oh, my it is good to see you posting. I am so sorry things have not been good. I hope you are feeling better and better.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #170  

Woopie Sef is here. We sure missed you.... I'm so sorry you've been having so much health problems, I hope you feel better soon!!!!

All is fine here. We're watching Storm Chasers. I've been reading up on Juicers. Does anyone have one????? Wonder if I would make enough juice to make it worth while. Its a lazy day today.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #171  

TONI: I have a black and decker juicer. It works pretty well for what I wanted it for. I thought I might do more juicing and so I wanted one, but once I got it, I decided that the $25 I spent on it was enough. It juices lemons, limes, and oranges great, and also can do carrots, etc. I just did not like the veggie juices as much as I thought I would.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #172  

Thanks Monet I was afraid that is exactly how I'd feel and then I would have a juicer hanging around my tiny kitchen.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #173  
sef

Thanks for the welcome back. I get so discouraged with my health complaints.

The only thing I pushed myself to do eas the nursing home and the entertaining at all the nursing homes. My family was so good. Often times by the time I do what I enjoy, I don't have the oomph to do what I should so I didn't do much cooking.

I am feeling a lot better, I hope it lasts a while.

Shirley
Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #174  

Morning! I forgot to weigh in this morning. I had to take James to the rapid transit train to the airport. He is flying to Boston today.

It is cold here, and I need to run a few errands, then work. I will check in later!

Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday if there can be such a thing.

Had an appointment with a dermatologist this morning (after a 2 month wait to get in). I have a spot on my arm which my Rheumatologist thought was cancerous. It may be a Basil Cell. She scraped it and will sent it off for testing. No big deal, just 2 hours late for work.
Boy is it cold here. It was in the 30's this morning. I am ready for summer. My outing with my DD was nice. After that me DH and I just spent the night home with the dog. Yesterday was busy, busy. Got up at 7:30 for church, cleaned the house, went to the grocery, fixed dinner, lunches and cleaned veggies. By 8:30 I was exhausted. I don't think I set down the entire day other than eating.

Monet, congrats to your Dawgs, they did something none of us could. Great game.

Toni, Glad your surprise went well. Don't worry about the cheat. As long as you get right back on track you are fine. It's when you let it linger for days (like me) that you have trouble. I did some grocery shopping yesterday too, over 2 hours. We were out of everything. DH cleaned the fridge before we went and boy was it bare.

Sef, glad to see you back, but sorry to hear about your health problems. Vertigo can drive you crazy. Hope the therapy will help.

Bob, Congrats to the VOLS! What a game. I am so happy they beat Visor Man.

Guess I had better go get some work done. Have a great day!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #176  
sef

Hi all,

Went to the nursing home this morning. Thought I would take Bitsy in to have her nails cut. But it seems like too much trouble. I am a terrible mistress. Tomorrow is another day.

For supper think I will broil some talapia, make potatoes for family and some veggies for me. They are not big on veggies.

Felt a little "off" this morning. Sugar was down borderline. OJ helped get me back on track.

Tomorrow the Joyful Noise has our version of a practice. We are not as serious as we could be. Last Thursday we were entertaining and a group of high school girls came in as observers in the home. Jeff got them all to sing Happy Birthday in front of the audience, then later they all marched through the sudience to "When The Saints Come Marching In." The girls had a good time and so did the residents. Later in the afternoon the Activities Director called Jeff to tell him they enjoyed it. Heck, we did too!

MONET: Your son is always going somewhere it seems. You're lucky he lives with you so you have time with him.

SOLLY: Glad you are seeing a dermatologist. You can never be sure. I have had a couple of moles removed. I grew up when the sun was supposed tobe good for you, mama slapped baby oil on you and set you in the sand to bake!

TONI: When the fridge is bare is a dangerous time. Seems like I can always find something that is a no-no to eat!

Mail came and my statement is in it, so think I will balance my checkbook.

Will try to check in later.

Keep a song in your heart, Shirley

P.S. Around here "When The Saints Come Marching In" is like the national anthem! We get flak if we don't do it somewhere in the program.

A cute story........last week we are entertaining at another home. A little lady calls out "do you know anything Italian?" "Like what?" I asked. "Do you know "O, Marie" she asked. Well we all could hum a bar but no one really knew it. Vicki, the pianist, is thumbing through some of her books, finds the song and plays it. The little lady knew all the words and sang at the top of her lungs, urging everyone to join in. When finished she thanked us. A happy camper. About 10 minutes later, she calls out, "Do you know "O. Marie"? The other residents tell her we already did it and she says, "And I missed it? Where was I?" Later in the program Vicki had a solo and played the song again. We had a happy lady and the others thought it was so nice of us.

Even if that lady couldn't remember doing the song, while she was singing it she was happy and enjoyed herself. You know know how you'll touch someone, It makes it all worthwhile.

Last edited by sef; 10-29-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #177  

Evening all.... I don't know where the day has gone. Just had a friend over for tea. We had a nice visit. Today has been a good eating day. It started out with a half a ww bagel and some whipped cream cheese. And for lunch I had some eggplant marsalas. I hope I'll have fish and a salad for dinner. But right now I sure don't want to eat. Its really cool here in the morning too.

sef- Sorry you aren't feeling good but thats great you were able to go to the nurseing home and sing. I'm sure everyone loved it.

Solly- I'm awfully bad to let those cheats linger on. Well lets face it I didn't get this way without those bad habits. I hope your test turns out good. I'll be thinking good thoughts......

Monet-Hope you get all your stuff done today.

I'm off to grab one more cup of tea....
Old 10-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Brrrr, it is cold here. Supposed to warm up to 68, better hurry. I got out and walked this morning. Yesterday too. My goal is to walk on days I can't get to the gym, Wednesdays & Fridays. That way I don't get burnt out on walking every morning. Some days I just can't get out of bed. Some days I feel like I could go at 3:30 in the morning, but then 5:30 rolls around and I am sleeping soundly. why is that? We did got to the gym last, we have WW II lecture to go to tonight and of course Wed is trick or treat. So won't make it again until Thursday.

Eating was great yestrday. One day down, I am taking it one day at a time. So far today, it is good.

Sef, it is so nice to be able to take the residents down memory lane. For some of them, memories is all they have. Baby oil & iodine, that's what we used all the time. I am a sun worshiper.

Toni, hope you are getting some warmer weather to send my way. I am not liking this at all. Been on the lately?

Monet, are you sleeping in today?

Where is everyone? Country, Missy, Tech, Thin, and many newbies? It is getting lonely here with just the 4 of us.

Got to get busy. Have a great day
Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #179  

Hello, everyone! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was on here, planning on posting when the phone rang, and I got distracted.

I spent two hours in the garagio this morning finishing up some angel ornaments. They took me too long to do, and I can never charge what they are worth and sell them. I think I will try though.

I have company coming for dinner tonight. I am fixing beef stroganoff with whole wheat noodles. I will probably have broccoli and steamed carrots with it. I need to clean some and get ready for it, then I have to cut up the meat. I am not looking forward to it.

It is cold here too. I have had a terrible time getting used to the cold this year. Usually it takes a few days, then I am ok. This year, it has been over a week and my joints are still hurting, and I ache all over. Today is a bit better, but I think the improvement is from taking my cod liver oil. I have remembered it three days in a row now.

I need to go get cleaned up- I am covered in porcelain! Then it is off to cut up a whole sirloin tip for dinner tonight.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #180  

Howdy ho.... Well a friend thought she was doing good and .over an apple dessert made with splenda but a regular crust made with white flour. What the heck I had a piece. She was so pleased I couldn't turn it down. Sometimes its just like that. She tries to eat healthy but just doesn't get the concept of no white flour. Its cool here to in the morning but nice today.

Monet- I'm with you I just can't get used of the cool weather. My joints hurt and I'm just plain cold. My outfit of the day is sweats. Hope your dinner turns out well. I'm make ww cheese tortellini and marinara sauce.

Solly- Good luck with your workouts. I think you do so good with them. I've got to get on the treadmill. Gosh I wish people would get back here. I loved it so much when there were lots of posts.

Okay I'm off and will check back later.
Closed Thread