South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all the Newbies!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #62  
viv

Default Sunday Afternoon Good News

Okay beach babes I am totally into this now! I really started Friday, but didn't weigh in that morning because I was too scared - did well, tho. Yesterday morning did weigh in, and had another good day on SBD. This morning - down 2.5!!!

I'm wondering why I keep reading on the boards that this is water weight - I always eat high fiber products, even when not on the program, so this doesn't seem in syn with what I know about water weight. It would be awfully wonderful if this weight would simply stay off!!!

Stocked up at the market as well. Now, if nobody tempts me with carbs and sweets.

I do have a question - was at Trader Joe's this am and discovered "CArb Safe Low Effective Carb & Sugar Free Milk Chocolate". Picked it up, haven't opened it. It's sweetened ith maltitol and has total 14 grams of carbs, from 2g lactose and 12 g maltitol. Wondering if anyone's heard of this or tried it, and how it works with the plan.

Thanks everyone - I plan to be here regularly and KEEP being successful!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #63  

Post the ingredients and we'll tell you what we think. Maltitol is a sugar alcohol which is allowed but can cause gastric upset to some people. I do fine with a reasonable amount but I wouldn't want to overeat on it.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #64  
viv

Maltitol,cocoa butter, full milk powder (16%), coca mass, emulsifier (soya lecithin) flavor. Yuck, sounds disgusting. 120 cals per 25g (1/4 bar), 9 g fat 5 g sat fat, 15 mg sodiium. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Blech, I tried one of those chocolate bars a while back, and it was awful! It tasted like wax! And with the cocoa butter and full fat milk powder, they're not even SBD friendly. Go for the real thing!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Default hi

o.k. I jumped on the wagon. Today is the start of day 2 of phase 1. I sort of started last week to see if I would be able to do this. I made it with no bread, rice,potatoes, or pasta but I think some of the other snacks I picked weren't so good. I need to learn what to shop for, so I have what I need handy. I still have the iced tea but with sugar sub. I have todays menu planned but not any further. Being mom with husband and 4 kids I need to fit anything purchased into the budget. It sure seems to be more expensive to be healthy than eat whatever.

I have been on the site for 10 days and just wanted to let you know you all have another newbie. Hope I learn and hang in there with all of you.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #67  

Default 6lbs down!!

First off.... everyone who just popped on board....glad to see so many new people in this thread.

This is day 8 for me, 2nd week of Phase one....and...
I'm now 6 lbs less
I'm so excited I can't stand it..

We can do this!!!!! Just coming here makes me so motivated.
Makes me wonder why I just didn't come back alot sooner, but I'm here now and here to stay!!

Di
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #68  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Today will be my first day of PI. I have done this before and after struggling with other programs am wondering why the heck I did not continue. But then again, life is about learning.

Grocery shopping is the priority for today. Will check back in when I get home.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #69  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome phxsunflower.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #70  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Day 2 here. We (the kids and I) slept late this morning so we were all pretty hungry when we woke up. It was tempting to just grab a quick bowl of cereal but I resisted the temptation. It was only another couple minutes to make a quick omelet with a lot of salsa and a little bit of low-fat cheese for myself (and one for the babe so she wouldn't eat all of mine). I feel very satisfied and know that bowl of Cheerios would have started to wear off in another 20 minutes or so!

We had the Taco Bake for dinner last night and it was great! We have a lot left over (DH is deployed so it's just me and the little ones) so we'll probably have leftovers again tonight.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #71  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Talking Day 1!

hooray! I've made it through day one. I had:

b: scrambled eggs, one bacon medallion
l: big salad with ham. put some dijon mustard on for dressing
d: beef fajitas without the tortillas

chai tea (with skim milk and sweetener).

I even did 45 minutes at the gym and had three litres of water today.

congrats and good luck to all you other chicks on the beach!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #72  
Slowly but surely

Whew, snacks are hard for me! Not my snacks, the snacks for my toddlers. Cutting up an apple, getting them a graham cracker - all really testing my willpower! I know it's just the carb cravings and I'm not really going to die if I don't get a cinnamon graham cracker but it felt that way at the time. I had a salad with grilled chicken for lunch and I'm full but I'm just craving the sweetness and carbs.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:12 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 250/242/150

Height: 5'4"

Today was one week for me. Lost 5.5 lbs.

DH and I were on the Beach together about 2 years ago. I was down to 220, then things went bad. I started Phase 1 again, because of the cravings. I pretty much know my trigger foods and what to avoid. It's just the emotional eating that I have problems with. This time I'm on the Beach alone. DH is watching what he eats, but not the same as me.

The biggest thing that gets me is being prepared. I was working part-time, started full-time, school started (for kids), etc. It will take a bit to get into a routine.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #74  

Hi Everyone...
Jenny- Congrats on Day 1...you can do it!!
Kestrel- Keep up the good work, the cravings will subside soon. I'm on week 2 of phase 1 and I find it easier and easier each day to resist.
Renee- My DH isn't doing this either, but he's sure enjoying all the great SB dinners I've been making. I know if I plan, it's so much easier and it really doesn't take that much time each week. I plan a menu and then go food shopping. It really keeps you on track

Well...another 1/2 pound lost...never to return....:-)

Good luck everyone....take each day as a new one...If you fall off a bit, just continue on like it never happened. You'll be so much better!!

Diana
Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #75  
Slowly but surely

Mmmm, breakfast was the Chocolate Shake from the menu section, yum. I just wasn't in the mood for eggs this morning.

My DH is at sea so he's not doing it with me right now either. I'll be well into Phase 2 when he gets back but will continue to do the P2 dinners at home. I'll make some additional sides for him and the kids. He lost about 25 lbs on SB a few years ago and will be supportive of me, quite a few of our normal dinners are from the SB diet cookbook.
Closed Thread