Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 PM   #181  
focused and aiming

i thought i had some ff cottage cheese but it was past due to eat. oh, well, life goes on.

kathy, reba mcintyre lives in lancaster, doesn't she?

melissa, i have to confess i am getting nervous. i've lost down to 190 (big deal, right?) several times this past year only to regain up to around 200. i don't want to continue this cycle. i want to get to the 180's. so far so good. i'll relax more after i break this cycle.

coco, i am proud of you for going to wi even though you're dreading the scales. that takes courage.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:21 PM   #182  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I just warmed up some LO Core mashed potatoes for Jim from the freezer. They tasted pretty darned good. He is SO hungry. I told him to just eat what he can and we'll toss the rest. I'm hungry too so I came in here to keep from eating. I did a couple of loads of laundry and had my bubble bath. I feel a little better but I can tell that I'm having some stress reactions. Better get a grip.

Sandra, you sound so darned perky. I wish it would rub off on me.

Poor Melissa, you sure don't sound like you want to be reading these books!

Kath, you are one determined woman. I admire you. I agree about the ricotta. Maybe I could blend the cottage cheese and ricotta. Or maybe I could just put the cottage cheese in the food processor before I use it to get rid of the lumps. Yeah....that's what I'll do. Jim and I used to really love the baked spaghetti from Fasoli's. We don't have them around here any more which is a good thing. Yum!

Coco, wish you could hang out more.

Did I mention that I'm REALLY dreading weigh in tomorrow? I and maybe Jim am going to the Niece's after weigh in tomorrow so I can sit with her and the oldest Great Niece while her husband goes grocery shopping with her Son. She really can't get around because of the C section and her daughter is a handful. I feel so sorry for her since she had to come home today without Sarah. She and her husband will be going to visit after they come home from shopping. The other Aunt and Uncle will be coming to sit in the afternoon. So sad.

I'll be back tomorrow. Time to go watch TV!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:24 PM   #183  

Evening chickies,
Vickie you look like such a proud Auntie,,that picture is wonderful!
Melissa good luck getting all your reading in and moving..wow. You can do it.
Sandra thanks for starting another challenge...I need them!
Im not sure if this was answered or not,...but i use cottage cheese dosnt melt in your lasagne. I add it all the time..youd be better off using the ricotta cheese I guess , unless you can put your cottage cheese in a blender and let it whizz away for a long time.
Since dh is working till tomorrow I started some spring cleaning today..got the bathroom done and one cupboard upstairs...Im determined to take it alittle at a time.. got in some activity points though.
have a good night everyone
Old 04-23-2006, 10:25 PM   #184  

GMTA vickie on the cottage cheese!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #185  
Melissa

Sandra, I don't think you need to stress too much. You really seem determined and encouraged. I definitely think you're going to make it this time--for good!!

Vickie, I know it must be really hard not to do some serious emotional eating right now. You're doing great. Hang in there. That's so hard about your niece having to leave the baby at the hospital. I guess it's pretty common these days, but it must be really difficult.

Patti, glad to see you here! Sounds like you have been busy.

Off to bed. Good night chickies.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:20 AM   #186  

Height: 5'7"

No, Sandra, Reba still lives in Oklahoma (and I suppose has a house in Nashville too). Janie Fricke lived down here a few years ago but I was never sure where. She attended some cutting horse events with a former coworker.

My eyes are really killing me now. They feel like they have sand in them; really sting and water all the time and generally are uncomfortable. I suppose I should go ahead and go to bed to let them rest.

I'll be back sometime tomorrow!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #187  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I can't stay because I have a very busy morning planned. Jim is not going with me today so I need to get organized.

I hope you all have a great Monday. I'll be back later when I can.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #188  
Melissa

Morning!

Kathy, reading your post made my eyes water. I hope that you're feeling better this morning.

Vickie, good luck with all you have to do today.

As for me, I'm feeling much better and trying to be productive. I truly want to do my best, even if this isn't the best circumstances. Plus, it's an exciting week! We close in 4 days! (not that I'm counting )
Old 04-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #189  

Good morning, my dear sweeties! I hope you're all doing well.

Melissa, you are singing my song today! I had a huge prayer session last night with myself (and of course, God too!) and have come to several conclusions. I MUST choose to be happy, and to do the right thing. I am worried about my foot and the possibility of ankle replacement surgery. I have vowed to stay off of the darn thing completely and keep all weight off of it. I go back next Wednesday (5/3) and so we will soon know the status. Now back to the prayers. If I have a problem (biggie right now is Shaun's issues and the fact that he and Judd do not speak) I MUST let go of it. I can't micro-mother Shaun, and Judd isn't hearing anything I say on the subject, so it's basically out of my hands. I also need to realize that God does NOT need my help. Boy, what a tough thing to learn!

I feel much better this morning too, in spite of not sleeping due to pain. I hadn't taken any pain medicine at all yesterday and I guess it all built up. Sometime during the night I took 3 pills (normal dosage is 2) and it kicked in quickly. I slept but when Judd's alarm went off, I decided to go ahead and sit up instead of sleeping. I put in my contacts and the left one still hurt, so I went and got another pair and they feel better. The other pair were new as of Saturday but maybe there was a little nick. I'm due for an exam so I'll go sometime in the next week or so. I think I'll also get a pair of glasses.

My camera should arrive today and I'm really excited about it! I've also been buying things on ebay but should probably stop now. LOL! I didn't realize how much it was until I searched. At least I got some summer clothes. Take a look:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rows=25&sort=3

I think one thing that makes me feel better is knowing that I actually got up and did something yesterday. Now that I know I'm able to cook and do some light housework, I don't feel quite so useless.

Vickie, enjoy your day! I'm sure your Niece will enjoy your company. Do they know yet when baby Sarah will be able to come home?

Melissa, I hope you don't get spazzed out this week about the closing and packing and moving. I know you probably will, but it'll all get done.

Alrighty, it's nearly time for breakfast. I think I'll have cheerios (Core-enough) with milk and a banana. When I get back on my feet, I'll resume my search for the WW Puffed Vanilla cereal. It's the only one with a Core checkmark and is actually my favorite anyway. I just can't find it at my usual stores; they have the others but not that kind.

Great days are coming for us all! I just KNOW it!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #190  

I forgot something -- don't be surprised if I end up with a new car this week. Judd is determined to trade my Trailblazer in on a Toyota Prius. Anyone know anything about them? He says they get 50 mpg or something wacky like that! I'm telling him I think we owe too much on the Trailblazer to make a good deal, but he's going to work on it anyway.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:09 AM   #191  
Melissa

Kathy, it's so great to hear you in such good spirits. And look at those purchases you made! That's awesome.
I don't know much about the Pruis except that it's a hybrid (right?). Very environmentallly friendly! Have a great day (it sounds like you're on your way!).
Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Wow, I hear cherping from those chickies out there! It sounds wonderful.

It's a cold dreary day here, so we need all the internet sunshine we can get.

Kathy, I love your new wardrobe. Wear it in good health. I think that your prayer session was a good thing. We all need to do that once in a while. We try so hard to make things happen, but the reality is, we can control only so much and only ourselves. You are inspiring.

Speaking of inspiration, Sandra, you are doing a fantastic job. You just keep on doing what you are, and the results will be there. I've seen how you've picked up everyone on the board and you should be down right proud of yourself.

Vickie, it sounds like a good day planned for you. It's good knowing that you are there for your niece. When we give of ourselves, it helps us to focus away from some of our stresses, and I know how much you have had to deal with. With everything going on in your life, you still haven't taken focus off of WW, and I commend you for that.

Frouf, how was Toronto? How did Emily do?

Angela, you had a busy weekend. I think giving those towels was a very special gesture.

Melissa, the count down begins. Wow, you must be excited. I hope that you got some reading done yesterday. I couldn't have my plate as full as yours, and I know that you'll do it all. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. You sound great and excited.

Patti, are you having the miserable weather there too? Sounds like you were ambitious yesterday. I need a little sunshine to motivate me.

Coco, you are one determined lady. Just keep on hanging in and it will work.

Okay, enough said,
Old 04-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #193  
Melissa

Sending some more sunshine Saundra's way!!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #194  

Hi all! The trees are blooming today, and the grass is green and the sun is shining..it's a beautiful spring day. Unfortunately, my kids all have come down with the cold, and are not feeling well. Oh well, that's life.

So I was wondering if anyone has tried that "challenge" they put on the back of Post Healthy Classics cereal boxes. You know, where they say to eat cereal, milk, and fruit for 2 meals a day, and then a reasonable dinner? I was wondering if that was healthy, possible, etc. I really love cereal, and could probably enjoy eating that way. But, it's probably a stunt to get me to buy more cereal. I'm just looking for any way to get interest back into my diet.

Later,
Angela
Old 04-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Angela, since the cereal probably isn't core, it would be going back to flex. I'm sure it's doable, for a period of time, but might get boring. If you need a jolt, why not?
Closed Thread