Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Great, Sandra! I hope you like it. Judd likes his a lot.

We're supposed to start getting some rain tonight and the forecast is that it'll keep raining for a few days. I sure do hope so! Things are cooler now after setting a record for the hottest April. It was 101 on Monday.

No food yet but I did get a glass of water. I need to figure out what I want, make a list of things and stick to it.

Saundra, I can sit up for a little while, but as far as I'm supposed to prop my foot, it starts straining the backside of my leg after a while. Plus my hip is still painful where I fell on it, the shin bone is still painful where it was also run over, the ligaments still hurt from where they tore (the sprain), the ankle bone hurts, I guess just from the screw and hopefully where it's healing, the heel bone hurts from dislocating and being put back, and the nerves are still dead. That's quite a list of complaints, so I guess I'm not surprised that it hurts like it does. The best thing so far has been to stay in bed with my foot propped on a pillow. That way it's higher than my heart and the blood doesn't pool in it.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #62  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Have fun with the crockpot Saundra - check out some more recipes here: http://wwkippy.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=Crockpot and here: http://www.freewebs.com/wdawson671/crockpotrecipes.htm ...and of course a ton of recipes here http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7u573/recipes/id2.html - but you'll have to sift thru them to find the crockpot ones!

Go look in the mirror and make sure you did not stick your glasses on top of your head (my dh does this sometimes and can't 'find' them! ha ha ha).

I have now relocated my coffee maker and with the help of 2 work colleagues (already moved to new location) I have been able to rearrange my office - I have a small round table now on wheels - for meeting in my office and while it is a bit crowded it is start to look a bit more personalized and homey!

Time to head home soon!

Frouf
Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Thanks Frouf, those are great. Thank goodness that I've retired, cause I've got lots of reading to do.

The offer has been signed, so next thing is the inspection, and considering that it's less than two years old, I would imagine that it will go okay. I drove there again today, and it's about five minutes from here. YES
Old 04-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

saundra, join the club. i have 300 orthodic molds that i can't find. i put them in a safe place--very safe. we don't normally shoot in bad weather. we're too dainty. if it's snowing sunday, he won't venture far.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #65  

Hi Everyone!!! Hope everyone is doing great! I hope yall haven't forgotten me. I didn't forget yall, but unfortunately, I forgot how to eat right for a long while now. I think I have gained everything and more back. I am trying really hard to pull myself back out of the pity I am wallowing in. I haven't started back on core yet, but I am trying to get remotivated and I thought about yall. I sure hope yall don't mind me coming back to suck up some support from yall after I abandoned yall in my shame.

Rita
Old 04-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #66  

Rita! Welcome back!! We were worried about you! Did you get moved okay? And how about your son and husband? Are they struggling too?

Don't worry about it! You've certainly come to the right place for some support -- we will help as much as we possibly can!!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 PM   #67  
focused and aiming

i meant $300 orthodic molds not 300 molds. (i'm getting bad here, aren't i?)

welcome back, rita. i've been rolling around with you. we'll get this weight off eventually.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #68  

Sandra, that's okay. I don't know what either one means, so I didn't notice the difference.

I'm looking for another digital camera. Any suggestions? Judd has a very expensive Kodak camera that he uses for his websites. I don't like to use it because it's a company (contractor) asset and would hate for anything to happen to it. My other one was a HP and I liked it a lot, but I got sand in it on the beach and it was ruined. I need another because I've been thinking about getting back into ebay selling. I have a few hundred (seriously) pieces of fabric and I can scan them, but some of the larger pieces need photos instead. I'll never print pictures so don't need that capability, just something to take regular pictures and save them to my hard drive, then upload into listings. In addition to the fabric, I'll have all of Kate's clothes she doesn't want, all my Coca-Cola collectibles that I removed from the guest room when I changed decor, and a lot of kitchen things.

Shaun is a little mad at me but I'm unconcerned. A friend called and was coming to pick him up to go watch the basketball game somewhere. All I said was "stay out of trouble" and he said yeah, yeah, yeah. A few minutes later he came back and said he was calling the friend to tell them nevermind because he didn't want me to worry about him. Fair enough. I didn't say anything. Then he came back and said he talked to the friend and they were all mad at him. I asked why, and he said because he couldn't go hang out with them and had to ask permission anytime he left. I still didn't say anything and as he was walking away, he mumbled something like "I told them it wasn't my fault I couldn't come." I STILL didn't say anything (just letting him talk to himself) and a few minutes later he came back again and asked if I wanted anything to eat. I said no thanks. He fed the dogs for me, and now I hear him in there making himself something to eat. I can just tell he's a little miffed but oh well.

Judd called a sprinkler company to come and look at a problem we were having, and they showed up this afternoon. I had to get up and get dressed, get in the wheelchair and go outside. First though, I walked outside just with my boot on (well, and clothes too) without the crutches. I knew I wasn't supposed to, and was putting weight on my foot. It hurt a little at the time but now it hurts a LOT. I can't tell Judd I did it because he will hit the roof, and hope Shaun doesn't tell either. If he finds out, I will never hear the end of it. Anyway, maybe tomorrow it'll be better.

I've decided instead of laying here in bed all day playing computer games, I'll crochet. If I had been doing it all along, I could have made tons of winter scarves. I could make potholders too, but can't sit at the sewing machine so quilting is out. I don't have any tops pieced that I could work on but I wouldn't handquilt it anyway because my eyes aren't that great anymore. If they were, I would cross-stitch.

I find that I write a lot when I'm worried, or bored, or have just taken pain medicine and it starts kicking in. Right now I'm all three so consider yourselves lucky that I have run out of things to talk about!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #69  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! We got home about 7:30 and we are exhausted. His procedure was at least an hour late which I think stinks with no food and water. He has not stopped drinking water since he got home!

Jim did not have to stay overnight since there wasn't alot of swelling or bleeding. The Doctor thinks he got it all and that it was in the early stages. We have heavy duty drugs and he's on liquids for 24 hours. I'm not sure what to put on his stomach that will help him tolerate the Tylenol with codeine. He's going to eat pudding. I guess I better go make that pudding! I'm going to fall asleep the minute my head hits that pillow. Some Nurse I am.

I'll write more tomorrow. I didn't read posts. Too tired and there is work to be done before I got to bed. Thanks so much for all your support. Oh Yeah.....my eating stank today.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #70  

It's allowed. I'm glad you're home and everything is fine.

I had only liquids for the six weeks my jaw was wired up and ate a lot of pudding before it set, jello before it set, soups, broths, melted shakes and even baby food. Hopefully he'll feel like eating soft foods in a day or two because that would give him more variety, like mashed potatoes, scrambled or poached eggs, soft cooked potatoes or carrots, etc.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #71  
Melissa

Hey! We just got home and I am tuckered, but just wanted to say hi.

Vickie, so glad to hear that things went well.

Rita, we're so glad to see you back!

Good night all, I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 AM   #72  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm so glad the surgery is over and you and jim are home. you're a good nurse. i'd like to add--how about soups? tomato, etc...
Old 04-20-2006, 03:15 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

It's 3:00 am and I'm just here cause I couldn't sleep.

Vickie, I'm so glad it's over and that things are good. Jim's so lucky to have a dedicated "care giver" like you. Keep up the great job.

Better go back to bed....
Old 04-20-2006, 08:42 AM   #74  
Melissa

Morning, hope everyone has a good day. You have to excuse me, life is so crazy right now! Of course everyone's is. I hope that you are all doing great though. Have wonderful days!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #75  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Here I am and so far behind with all of you. I haven't read the posts yet but I did check to see how many there were.

My, my, my.....when it rains it pours. My Niece, who is also my very good friend, is in the hospital with preeclampsia. She is pregnant with her first baby who is due on May 18th. Well, the baby will be born today because evidently with preeclampsia both the Mother and baby are at risk. I knew nothing about it so I read about it on the internet (sorry I did) and everything sounds so dire. She meets so many of the risk factors (she'll be 39 next week) that it makes me ill to think of it. This is such a miracle baby for us. She went through all kinds of treatments to conceive and then finally adopted (my Great Niece and Nephew that Jim and I are always spending time with) and then got pregnant last August. So I'm waiting to hear from my Sister the details and the plan for today. Great Niece's birthday is April 21st, my Niece's is the 25th and now new baby (that's what we are calling her) will be born April 20th. We could use some prayers on this one!

I'm still waiting to hear from my best GF. Yesterday she was to learn the results of her most recent bone marrow test to find out if she has full blown leukemia.

On a more positive note, Jim had a really rough night but seems to be feeling a little better this morning. He really is a terrific patient. He doesn't whine at all. He is a bit crabby because he can't talk and his throat is just killing him. The tongue is swollen but not too sore. It seems as though his worst syptoms are coming from the darned anesthesia breathing tube. I just drove about a half hour round trip to go get him a slurpee since the doctor said it would help alleviate the swelling in this throat and on his tongue. Even his lips are all swollen and bruised from the clamps. Poor Honey Lamb! The great news is that the Doctor believes he got all of the cancer and he does NOT believe that what was left after the biposy was full blown stage 4 cancer. Isn't that great news!

My eating was horrible yesterday. I didn't get to eat until 2:00 and I had a raging headache. I went down to the cafeteria after they took Jim in and I ate a turkey sandwhich with a slice of american cheese and FF miracle whip. That wasn't so bad but then I bought and ate most of a cherry slice before I could stop myself. My Mom loved them and it was truly a stress, emotional, comfort food reaction. I was in the cafeteria alone, I was upset, and in the same hospital where both of my parents died. I've always been a stress eater and succumbed yesterday. Today, I'll try to be better.

I'm off to read about all of you now!
Closed Thread