Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #106  
focused and aiming

good morning, chickies. just got home fro wi. i lost 1.4 lbs. that makes 8.6 in the past 2 weeks. i'm still going strong and don't plan to look back. today's meeting was excellent. we compared our weightloss journey to being in a boat--paddling--remembering what it was like when we first tried then how we were able to get on course. at the end of the meeting, the leader reminded us to keep paddling.

saundra, a trip sounds like such fun. we'll be waiting here to live through you and bernie. be sure to keep us posted on what "we're" doing.

melissa, i hope you get to feeling better and can enjoy your weekend.

vickie, i'm glad you had a chance to pop in for a little. sounds like you're really busy.

ruth, enjoy those grits.

we're getting the grands and are going on a picnic this evening out at the outdoor archery range. should be fun. i am planning what i'm eating and should do well.

kathy? where are you?
Old 04-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #107  

Height: 5'7"

Tired, that's where I am. I just popped in to read posts. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this afternoon but I either need to wash my hair or go somewhere and have it done. It's a chore to get dressed and drive, but it's also a chore to stand there and do it myself and I'm so weak that my arms get tired while drying it. I'll have to decide soon.

Judd has gone to play golf. You'd think he would get tired of it but I guess not.

Congratulations on your loss! That's pretty impressive for a two week total!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Yeh for Sandra, job well done. I agree, you just keep on paddling. So, we're going to do the Niagara region, which include the wine country. We're staying two nights at a place near all the wineries, and two nights at Niagara on the Lake, which has the Shaw Festival. We'll see two plays, The Invisible Man and High Society. $$$$$
After that, it's family visits with kids and big sister's 65th birthday.

Kathy, it would do you good to get your hair done, but can't Judd drive you?
Maybe you should ask him.

Ruth, why not eat some potatoes and brown rice? They are part of core and make it more interesting.

Going to go out for a bit with Bern now,
Old 04-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #109  

No, he's playing golf today and won't be home until 9 or so tonight. I went ahead and did it myself, a little at a time. I decided to just blow dry it messy and then put hot rollers in it to tame things down.

Next thing on the list is to find something to eat. I'm getting hungry.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #110  
focused and aiming

kathy'm, i'm glad you got your hair done. that should help you feel better.

saundra, i am almost packed. are we dressing up for the plays or are we going casual?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #111  
focused and aiming

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful"
Albert Schweitzer

just saw this on an archery site and thought i'd share it with you.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #112  
Melissa

Sandra, a huge congrats to you on your loss today. You're doing awesome.

I had to come home from work today around 11am. I just couldn't take it anymore. I've been asleep most of the day. I can't wait till this is over, I'm so tired of being sick. Hope you all have great evenings.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #113  

Melissa, any clues? Do you really think it's related to the tummy issues from last week? I hope you get some good rest this weekend.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #114  

HI There Everyone
Well was able to get on. But I havent read the post. Was afraid too. The other day when I got on here. I went to read the post. And that illegal thing came up again. And it wouldnt let me get back on.
I am hoping everyone is doing ok.
We are having a little rain tonight. And suppose to have rain off and on all weekend.
I walked my 3miles this morn. So hopefully it isnt raining in the morn and I can walk. I hate to walk on the treadmill. But if I have too I will. But if I do it. I cant walk as far. It makes me hurt. Oh well.
Well I am sorry I havent been on here much. But I do think of all of you often. So hopefully I can figure out what is going on with my puter. So hopefully I can get on here more.
So everyone have a great weekend.
Know that I am thinking of each of you
coco
Old 04-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #115  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I've been running like a maniac all day. I'm going upstairs to shower and then I'm going to sit down to watch TV. Not a good eating day. Nothing horrible; just too much bread and too much food. I guess that's horrible! Anyway, I'll try to be better tomorrow.

I'm going to visit my Niece and new Great Niece Sarah tomorrow. I'll be leaving here at around 11:00 so I don't know how much time I'll have to get on here before I leave. I have to be sure that Jim is ok while I'm gone. I'm really hesitant to leave him.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #116  
focused and aiming

melissa, i wish you'd go to the doctor. i am worried about you. you've been feeling poorly a long time.

kathy, are you doing a lot of crocheting? i am glad you've started working on your crafts.

coco, it's good to see you here. i am impressed you're walking 3 miles a day.

vickie, have fun tomorrow. we'll see you when you get back.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #117  

Good evening, everybody. I just had my bath and am getting settled in for the night. Not much to report though; I'll see everyone tomorrow. I'm really tired of being in bed.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #118  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I have a few minutes before I eat breakfast and get ready for my day.

Jim is feeling slightly better, so I'm happy about that. His stomach must be shrinking because he's not eating very much. I'm trying hard not to worry about that because I think he's getting enough nutrition, especially with the Glucerna shake for breakfast in the morning. I'll be leaving him today for about 3-4 hours to go visit my Niece. I'll be worried about him the whole time that I'm gone, especially since he is still taking the tylenol with codeine every 4 hours. Our yard is hilly and the dog will need to go out while I'm gone. I'm sure he'll be fine but I'm a worrier anyway. It's not a switch that I can turn off.

I'm going to try to get back on Core as much as possible today. The fruits (except for my banana in the morning) and veggies have pretty much gone by the wayside. I've got a plan for a more Core dinner.

I'm going to go see what's been up with you chicks.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #119  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, your camera looks very cool. Mine isn't very small but I don't mind because I don't use it on vacations and such. I just let it sit in the photo/recharger printer dock most of the time. It fits fine in my purse when I got to parties and events. I really love having the screen to take pictures from without looking through the viewfinder. It is great that you got your hair done but it sure makes me irritated that no one thinks you are as important as we do. I'm not trying to make you defend them but sheesh, why couldn't someone take you to get your hair done? Couldn't Judd have delayed his golfing a bit? I know you are tired of being in bed but remember the prize is a healthy working ankle. Could someone go to the library or bookstore for you? I know you are an avid reader.

Coco, your walking is VERY impressive. How are you doing with your eating? Are you still doing Core or did you go back to Flex? How's your DH?

Sandra, on your loss for this week! What an impressive two week total 8.6 is!!! I know you can keep up the great work. How was your picnic with the Grands? Great quote and very appropriate for us. It is especially appropriate for me since I use food to medicate and make me happy.

Saundra, your trip sounds wonderful! Is that still in Canada? My geography is horrible! How was dinner?

Frouf, OMG! I hope you didn't hurt your back. You really did sound very, very tired in your last post. I'm sure you are in Toronto now. I hope Emily is doing well in the competition and that you get to do something fun tonight with your GF.

Oh Melissa, what does your Mom think of all of this? I'm guessing she'll be encouraging you to do to the Doctor. Do you think it's stress with all you have going on in your life? Stress can definitely make a person sick. I'm REALLY hoping that you are feeling better this morning.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #120  
Southside White Sox Fan

We aren't sure how long baby Sarah will be in the hospital. She's not sucking and she lost 4% of her body weight the night before last. She needs to stay in until she gains some body fat and until she gains weight. Niece is not happy but glad Sarah is someplace where they can help her. She has only seen Sarah 3 times which I'm guessing is a bit depressing. I plan on packing her up into the wheel chair and taking her to the nursery today. I sent her a dozen pink roses on Thursday but today I'm bring her a hair scrunchie and some Fannie May trinidads (her favorite chocolate). Am I not the best Aunt ever! HaHaHaHa. I can't eat them, she might as well.

Gotta go get ready. It's 8:30 and I have alot to do with me and to get Jim ready before I leave at 10:45.

I hope you all have a great Saturday.
Closed Thread