Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

You can buy pure protein bars at Walmart. In my case I got them at Meijers but if you dont live in Michigan you probably dont have a Meijers. I have not found a bar I didnt like.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Hello Everyone

Welcome Jaelini! You sure do have something to look forward to..August will come around before you know it, and how exciting that you will be thinner and in a brand new size by then.
Airen: Your job sounds fun! I'm spending a lot more time working from home now, which I love, but full retirement is calling me more every day. I'm not sure I'm ready, but I'll be 58 in a couple of weeks. Travel has lost it's appeal. I've traveled my whole nursing career and am just ready to stay home. My career has been a blessing and I've enjoyed it, but I'm thinking aging is changing my mine about how much fun it is. :-)
Shero: I haven't tried the Pure Protein bars either, I saw them at Kroger recently, picked one up and read the nutritional info and didn't buy it, don't remember now why I didn't. Are they higher in carbs or calories than the Wonderslim bars? I found some Biggest Loser Protein bars at Big Lots recently and bought several of them. They are compatible to the Wonderslim bars, but I don't think they taste nearly as good. Have you guys ever heated a Wonderslim bar? Just for a few seconds in the microwave, then eat it with a fork. The butter pecan ones are awesome and the choc. peanut butter is almost as good :-)
Hope everyone is having a good week. Keep us posted on your losses Jaelini, I love the stories of pounds lost, never to be seen again!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #153  

Here is the nutritional info on pure protein bars-I buy them because I can pick them up at the store and I got an excellent deal on them.....

6 bars for $6.97 usually-I got buy 2 get one free.

Chocolate Deluxe-

Calories-180
Total fat-4.5g
Sat Fat- 3.g
Trans fat 0g

Cholestrol-15mg
Sodium-75 mg
Potassium-115 mg
Carbs-17g
Fiber 2g
Sugars 2g
Sugar Alcohol 4g
protein 20g

Vitamins and minerals 25-30%
Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 315/294.6/180

Height: 5'7

Thank you for all of the information Sheri! I got in my order of some other things I wanted to try and I am now in love with the bariwise bars. Just like a candy bar and less carbs than WS. So good and they last a bit longer because they are a bit fuller than the WS bars (chunkier, but not much bigger). I also got to try the HealthWise protein chips and HealthWise Biscotti. I'm loving both! Still haven't returned my box of unwanted WS food to exchange yet...now I'm thinking I just want WS shakes instead of all the other stuff they have. One happy camper here!

Trying to stay off the scale until a week is past...I know it's not good for me to get on every morning, so I hid it in under my bed. As long as I know I'm sticking to the program, I'm good to go.

Rose - my job is awesome! I just worry about disability creeping up on me (at 31 years of age) due to my severe issues. I have a doctorate in education and plan to teach online if it ever gets that bad.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #155  

Default Hello

Sheri:
Thanks for the nutritional information on the Pure Protein bars. Don't have a clue why I didn't buy them, but I'll look for them again at Kroger.
How's Spring Rose doing today?

Airen: Your job does sound amazing. It's always good to have a back up plan in case things happen beyond your control. I will say a prayer that the health issues will improve so you can continue to help the children you obviously love.

I just did inventory of my remaining Wonderslim foods, including the 12 week package I got at the end of last year, I have about 350 packages. I'm trying to see if I can finish my weight loss to goal without ordering many (if any) more. Wish me luck! I'm starting to get excited that I'll reach my goal this summer. We're going to a horse show I used to love to show in the end of May. I'm excited to see a lot of my old friends, many that have never seen me at this weight...and I have 2 months to go before the show. Hopefully I'll be down several more pounds by then.

Hope everyone is having a good, on plan, day!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I am glad that I found this thread.

I am doing WS and some left over NS that I still had on the shelf from a while back.

I start in the morning.

Pure Protein Bars can usually be found at your grocery store and you can get a $1 off coupon for two bars at The Coupon Clippers that are good until 4/22/12.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #157  

Welcome Sally Pineapple.

Spring is doing great. She is becoming quite independent yet still loves to be near you. I am surprised how good she is doing on potty training.

I think March is going to be a no loss month. I have gotten off track and seem to be having a hard time getting back on track. I am not gaining and still am posting on here so hoping that I will be back on track before I get to disappointed and go haywire. LOL

REKP-you are doing so good.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #158  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

My boxes came Wednesday...I haven't opened them yet. LOL! I have a dinner party I am hosting tomorrow night, so it is my last hurrah so to speak. I am going to get some ziploc freezers bags and get everything sorted tonight. Sunday is day one on the journey!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying positive...spring is here and it is indeed a time of renewal!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #159  

Welcome Sally Pineapple! I look forward to your posts. The diet isn't easy, especially in the long haul...but so very worth it.
JaeliniL Sunday will be here before you know it! So glad you're going on this Wonderslim journey with us.
Sheri: Is there anything I can do, or say, to get you inspired again? Maybe the March weigh in will surprise you and give you a nudge to go full steam again. Even if it doesn't, I love to read your posts and hear how you and Spring is doing :-)
Hope everyone has a good, on plan, day today!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #160  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Thanks REKP...I am also a part of the "Chub Club" at work to really help with accoutability (and my competitive nature--whoever loses the biggest % wins the $ from the 20 week 'program'...we pay $1 each week if we stay the same or gain...) Last time it was over $300...money is a good motivator for me too--it'll help pay for the 12 weeks of WS I bought! LOL!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #161  

Good Evening:

I dont think that I will lose anything for March but to stay the same weight is not a bad thing. I have not lost but not gained either. My routine was disrupted and i just cant get back on it. I need to start getting that morning shake in because it helps me with the whole day.

REKP-just words of encouragement and alot of prayer will help. I am glad that I am still posting on this site. This is important. I see that so many people wander away from the support when it is most needed.

Spring is a bundle of joy. My great niece told me today-she is going to call her Joy. Lol it was cute how she said it. Kinda like-you name her wrong.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

Today was my first full day and it was a disaster. I made up my puddings, etc the night before and I forgot to take it to work!
I ended up only eating 580 calories according to FitDay.
I weigh in at work on Tuesday so even though I am dying to jump on the scale every day I am going to try to stay to weighing in and posting any loss only on Tuesdays.
I tried to exercise so I ran in place with the commercials between the basketball game. I only lasted for three commercials.

Last edited by Sally Pineapple; 03-24-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #163  

Default Week 3 or 8 week challenge

Good morning all!
Official weigh in this week...192! I'm delighted.
Sally Pineapple...Don't be discouraged with the bummer of a first day. It gets so much easier when you get into a routine. Your "Chub Club" at work is a great idea. Money is a powerful motivator for me as well. I just can't waste it. I've mentioned on this site before that I've now invested 1115 dollars into the diet plan. I've lost 66 pounds as of this morning..so that's a cost of 16.90 per pound lost. That's a lot of money per pound, but if I wasn't on this diet I feel I would have had very little loss, or even gained over the past 4.5 months. It's worth every cent at this point and I hope I can continue on to my goal on my current stash of Wonderslim packets.
Good Luck to you in winning the pot of cash at work, and also for the weigh in Tuesday.

Shero: I'm so glad you're here. You have been an inspiration to me, a constant encourager. Thank you.

My lilac bush is blooming outside my office window. It's been such a strange winter weather wise, but I keep telling the plants they're being a bit premature in getting those buds and bloom out. It's still going to frost and freeze here!

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, week!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #164  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default Sorry so MIA

Hey everyone. I'm sorry I haven't checked in for so long. Life has completely gotten in my way. I fell off Wonderslim, then got back on after gaining what I lost back...it was only temporary water weight anyway that I gained but it was a slap in the face none the less. I had some family trouble...with my promotion at work and being converted to full time from a contractor came having to do my previous and current positions simultaneously and train a new person which only stayed 3 weeks so now I will have to train someone all over again -_-. *sigh*

Anyway...I am happy to report Im up to 18 lbs lost!!! I'm not doing strictly Wonderslim anymore, but I have taken my portion control I've learned and I'm using an app I found that is doing WONDERS for me and my mind set about weight lost. I'm eating healthier than I ever have wihtout having to go crazy with counting calories or carbs or staing away from restaurants. I feel amazing!

I also purchased a mountain bike which makes me look forward to getting exercise. I love going out on trails and rides around the city to get a great workout and seeing my total calories burned get higher and higher and seeing how far I go and my route map at the end...it's like a high lol. :-) Never thought I'd ever feel that way about exercise again. I used to run 3+ miles a day back in 2005-2006 time period and that was my addiction.

I have been peeking at the daily digests I get via email for this group and wanted to welcome all of the new people - there's nothing like making the decision to do something better for yourself. That's the hardest part is making the decision you want to change. So I want all the new members to go ahead and pat themselves on the back. It won't be an easy journey, and you won't be perfect at it. You're gonna crave no good foods sometimes, don't trip over it if you give in. Just get back on and keep on truckin! And you will get to your goal as long as you DONT GIVE UP.

And hopefully, y'all don't mind if I stick around even though I'm not doing Wonderslim...I like this group :-)

xoxo
Sara
Old 03-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #165  
TOY

Hey everyone...just checking in but can't stay but a sec.

Dietwise, I'm in a stall pattern but primarily because of health issues with my husband. I'm not even attempting to pretend right now although I am "thinking" about the need to get back on WS. At least I'm "thinking"...that's better than the mindless wandering I've been doing, I guess.

I just find it so hard to concentrate and plan...life sure has a way of grabbing our attention. Makes me appreciate the "boring" normal days a bit more.

I have been shocked by the fact that I have not gained back everything I had lost...it certainly would have happened in the past. Instead, my body has kept a 12 pound loss in spite of the crazy eating and stress. I am shocked speechless and hope to use that as a foundation to continue.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten you all. I plan to come back because I know it helps me to be with you.

Welcome to everyone I haven't met yet. I apologize for not taking the time to read backwards yet but I will eventually. Appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers as always and send my congratulations on your successes.

Last edited by TOY; 03-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread