Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #76  

I wrote a really long response before and it poofed. Grrr. Anyway, i wouldnt recommend only doing 5 unless you plan on adding extra protein . Otherwise you would only be eating 800-1000 calories a day. As for me i am doing ok. I had a killed headache and dizziness today so i added extra veggies tonight and that made me feel alot better. I think on days i work i may do that if im busy. Im off tomorrow so i should be good. My dh also decided that he was going to do the plan with me. He only needs to lose like 25 lbs though, so im sure he will hit his goal really fast
Old 02-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #77  

I don't know what everyone thinks of all the flavors, but i was having trouble choking down tge mocha shake and found a way to kake them better. I got a container of maxwell house internation cafe suisse mocha. There is only 30 calories in 1.5 tablespoons. I took a half teaspoon of it and mixed it with the mocha shake. It made it so much better.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #78  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

That sounds really good, but LOVE the mocha personally! The only one I really don't like is the vanilla then followed by strawberry. Try the cocomint if you haven't already-- love it.

Btw, I'm down 4.6 lbs this week
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #79  

I'm in a bad mental place right now. I said DH decided to do the plan with me. Fine whatever, but he is driving me up the wall. The 1st words out of his mouth this morning were "wow, I get to eat so much more than you". And I know he will cheat along the way and will lose so much more than me. We did LA Weightloss together years ago and he lost twice as much weight as me weekly and he later confessed to eating at least one candy bar a day. Plus he only has 25 lbs to lose to my 100. I am so frustrated. I was in the right dieting frame of mind when I ordered all the stuff and now that he decided that he is going to do the same thing I'm frustrated beyond belief. Plus he doesn't like certain things like coffee and peanut butter, so I will be stuck with all the mocha which I don't really like. And he doesn't like berries except for strawberries so I'm sure I will be stuck with all the berry yogurts with I think are horrible. I don't mind the strawberry ones, but he will eat all of those. I should just make another order, but a 12 week plan is enough to try to find places for. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus I have to be the supportive wife, but all I want to do is tell him to go to ****. I think I forgot to mention that I'm PMS'ing and my hormones are all out of whack so I get hateful this time of month. But I try really hard to just bottle all that up, which makes it worse
Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Speedofsound: Congratulations on your loss! Your losses are inspiring!
Pamedic: I was laughing when I read your post. As we say in the south, bless your heart! My husband made several ?helpful? comments when I started this diet like "is that all you're going to eat?" as I mixed up the pudding or shake and he was eating a meat and 3 meal. After a while he apparently got used to my routine and has been a lot more supportive. How about you tell your husband you will share ALL your food with him, not just the ones he likes, since you like those too. Maybe he can help choose the things you reorder when this supply is gone. It is nice for him to try the program with you.
I'm having a good day back on plan. Thankfully I'm getting back into my routine and it is SO much easier when I can do that.
Hope everyone is having a good, on plan, day.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 230/208/130

Height: 5'4

Hi guys -Sorry been a while but had to have surgery and am now feeling better .I have only been using a couple WS products each day . I have managed to lose 22lbs. in this time (abt 5 weeks ). I only gained this 70 or so lbs. since June so I dont know if my leaner body wants to bust out soon or what? Anywho ; lol at least I didnt gain like my last one which the steroids sent me well into the 200's... I got my new catalogue in the mail and am getting ready to place an order soon.I am still pretty stocked up. TOY- I hope you and your husband are doing well. REKP- I am so happy for you and your continued loss SOS -congrats on your loss and thanks for your recommendations for flavors SHERO - you always make me smile Everyone else - lol- Keep up the good work. I plan on getting back in here often and back to the routine
Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 230/208/130

Height: 5'4

Wow I just read a few pages back ,and wow are we all going through some challenging times in our lives... I know that God is in control and God can help us through this . Wow ,no wonder we all eat for comfort ... Its like an internal top of to get through it ? I know thats what I do .
Old 02-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #83  

Default Good Morning Everyone

So good to see you back Scissorhappy! Congratulations on your loss in spite of the surgery and meds. Now...that is success! So glad you're back and feeling better.
Thank you for your kind comment. I'm really just looking at the diet as something I HAVE to do. I get discouraged with only a pound or two loss per week, but know if I didn't continue doing this I would certainly not be losing anything. Past experience has taught me that one. Oh well...one day at a time, one step at a time and as Shero says one calorie at a time toward my goal.
Hope everyone has a good, on plan, day.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #84  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamedic954 View Post
I'm in a bad mental place right now. I said DH decided to do the plan with me. Fine whatever, but he is driving me up the wall. The 1st words out of his mouth this morning were "wow, I get to eat so much more than you". And I know he will cheat along the way and will lose so much more than me. We did LA Weightloss together years ago and he lost twice as much weight as me weekly and he later confessed to eating at least one candy bar a day. Plus he only has 25 lbs to lose to my 100. I am so frustrated. I was in the right dieting frame of mind when I ordered all the stuff and now that he decided that he is going to do the same thing I'm frustrated beyond belief. Plus he doesn't like certain things like coffee and peanut butter, so I will be stuck with all the mocha which I don't really like. And he doesn't like berries except for strawberries so I'm sure I will be stuck with all the berry yogurts with I think are horrible. I don't mind the strawberry ones, but he will eat all of those. I should just make another order, but a 12 week plan is enough to try to find places for. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus I have to be the supportive wife, but all I want to do is tell him to go to ****. I think I forgot to mention that I'm PMS'ing and my hormones are all out of whack so I get hateful this time of month. But I try really hard to just bottle all that up, which makes it worse
You can customize your order to only include stuff you like in the kits from Diet Direct. Also, I do believe they will take back boxes of food you don't like and give an exchange on them. They have great customer service.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #85  

good to know. Do they charge you for return shipping if you exchange stuff? I never tried anything before my original order so I figured I would just leave it as it is. Most I find tolerable, a couple I would rather never taste again. But I'm sure everyone find something they don't like.

Anyone ever try the Mac n Cheese or Alfredo? I see that there are only 3 in a box instead of the 7, but I wonder if it would be worth it for every once in a while.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Hi all-

My yorkie Teena passed away yesterday. I came home from work and found her. It's going to be hard without her around.

I decided this am to weigh since I was so depressed anyhow. Figured I gained some back but I did not. So I think February is going to be a no loss month but with the way things were going Im claiming victory.

I really thought I would have gained, what a surprise. I will post more as I get over this loss.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #87  

Sheri:
So very sorry to hear about your dog passing away. I know it's hard to lose a beloved pet.
You have every right to claim a victory over the scale. If we can keep our heads above water when life is so stressful, that's absolutely a victory.
Hope you have a great month ahead.
(a virtual hug)
Rose
Old 02-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #88  

Shero-I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you as you grieve the loss of your precious pets. It really is so hard.

Pamedic-Thanks so much for the advice! I have been adding lean protein (egg whites, fat free milk) in order to get up to around 1200 calories so that I can continue my workouts. Even with this my energy still feels low during and after. I may need to slow down. Loving WS products so far. Most are very tasty. I started last Friday and was down 4 pounds as of this morning (Tuesday). I have 50 pounds total to lose. My body loves the carb/portion control and frequent meals (I am pre-diabetic & insulin resistant). Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #89  

Height: 5.6

Default Hi

So i've read ur whole wonderslim (the one that has like 601 messages) and i got convinced to join the group so i just ordered the 4 wk starter kit. and this group here seemed very supportive and i figured i should join to get some help from you guys (since my husband eats all day and never gains a lb). I live in Hawaii so i dont know how long till my kit gets here. Since u all know each other i'm probably gonna have a hard time keeping up. If u all don't mind give a lil bit of description so i can catch up to u all.

I am Shannon, I love in Hawaii. I am 23yrs old and am in graduate school for Masters in Nursing. I weight 165 im 5.6 and my goal weight in 130.

just a fun bet. If i follow every thing correctly how long do u think it'll be for me to reach my goal? ( the person who has the best guess can get a Hawaii shirt from me as a winner )
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #90  

Post Good Morning!

Shannoni:
Welcome to the group. OK...let me be the first to guess...I think if you follow the plan exactly it will take 8 weeks to lose the 35 pounds. You're young so that may make my estimate too long, but that' my guess :-)
Congratulations on your career choice! I've been an RN for 35 years, and can't think of anything I had rather done. Do you plan to teach or are you doing a practitioner degree? I'm excited for you.
The board has been a little more active in recent past. Seems almost everyone has been dealing with "life happens" things that has decreased their posts, but I don't think I've ever encountered a more supportive group.
I'm eagerly waiting for my weigh in on Saturday. Hope to be below 200 pounds for the first time in a very, very long time. My ultimate goal is exactly where you are now.
Hope everyone is having a good, on plan, week!
Rose
Closed Thread