Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

Salty foods will do that! It is great that you are looking at it objectively! I do the same thing, and this time I have given myself the pep-talk. I know unless I eat 7000 extra calories I am not going to gain 2lbs. And the only way that will happen is if I throw the diet out the window for a temporary glitch on the scale.

megoune, I think it is a dollar limit FedEx won't leave. I've noticed that the $100 box of starter food got left, but the $300 box did not.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 167/164.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Finny321: Oh, okay, that makes sense then. Well, today, Saturday got it, or I should say my husband got it for me. Huge boxes, but looks like everything is there. So looking forward to starting on Monday.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #288  

Yay! Glad it arrived and your husband was there to sign for it.

I just had my favorite breakfast, the hot cakes with 1 1/2 tbs flax added. I love whole grain products and adding the flax makes them taste like they are made with whole wheat flour. So, so, good. Makes me unsure if this is a diet!

For lunch, I'm going to attempt to turn a soup packet into waffle bread. The idea comes from the Ideal Protein recipe thread. After making them, I want to fill with lettuce, along with a wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese spread mixed with finely minced ham.

Hope you all have a great on plan day today!

Last edited by Finny321; 04-15-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Hi all-

Just wanted to let you know I am still around. Last week was better than March-as far as watching what I eat. I have been wrapped up in reading about the 350 shitzus that were pulled from a hoarder in Allegan Michigan. For those of you that hadn't heard about it. These dog's were in horrible condition.

I am also having some emotional issues at work right now. I am a temp in accounting at a manufacturer/distributor. I have been there since November of 2010. Last Friday they hired in a temp that has been there about 6 months (in a different department). Makes me feel defective. I try to keep the right prospective-but darn makes me feel unworthly. I have a poor self esteem anyway so just puts me in the wrong mode. I'd like to just not go back on Monday-call the temp service and tell them I decided it wasn't working out anymore but then it's a job LOL....So I guess you would say I am in an emotional funk.

REKP-Spring Rose is doing wonderful. She is so healthy, smart and energetic. She makes the world joyful.

I am glad to see that you all are doing good. I have stayed away from the scale so I have no numbers to report. Hope that you all have a good week.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 AM   #290  

Default Starting Monday

Ok, just read over about 600+posts in the last three days, and got a lot of tips and insight into some other things. I put all of my food into one of our lower cabinets and breakfasts stuff in our main pantry, it only seemed right for it to go with the rest of the breakfast food. I've got everything out for day one (monday) and not sure I'll get my 3 mile walk in. Have to take our baby girl in for her four month check up, but figured we'd go to Target look for a decent pedometer for me and depending on the time hit the mall and do a lap on both floors, (I know from doing that in the past I get about 8000+steps in), so we'll see. But very excited about starting the food. My hardest part is going to only weigh in once a week. YIKES.

But thank you all for all of your great tips and help. I really need it. 12 weeks here I come

Good luck everyone with this upcoming week.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Post Good Morning

Meguone: The mall walk sounds like ideal exercise...you can window shop for all the great clothes you will want in your new skinny size! Reading 600 posts must have been mind numbing! You're going to do great with this.

Shero: So sorry you didn't get the permanent job. I always enjoyed agency work, or temporary work assignments. I thought I could make it though to a set date, no matter how hard or bad the work was. I think it takes even more skill to be a temp...you have to be able to fit in anywhere almost instantly and to hit the ground running.
Glad Spring Rose is doing well and is a joy!

I was in a grand funk yesterday that I had gained the 2 pounds on Saturday. I ran through my typical days food, the calories, the carbs, the fats, then the exercise calories I burn and finally verified to myself that it could not, possibly, have caused the weight gain. I talk a good ballgame about picking up, dusting off etc, but I was pretty upset. This morning I decided to see if those 2 pounds were still there and they were gone, along with another one. Thank you Lord!!! Now I look forward to my Saturday weigh in.

Finny: How did the waffle bread from the soup packet turn out? I looked on the IP thread for the recipe and didn't find it, (although one for Oatmeal cookies caught my eye!) If the bread was good, please share the recipe with us.

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, week!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #292  

REKP, I didn't get to it! My husband was off, he usually sleeps all day (night shift), but he got up early to surprise me with a walking partner. Lunch kind of got pushed under the carpet and I just ate the spread I made on a GG Crisp cracker when we got home. Today though I hope to try it out!

The recipe is:

Ingredients:
1 IP SoupPacket (I used chicken and really liked it. You can also use IP Pudding. Lemon is my favourite pudding for this, but most likely will continue using soup for the savory and pudding for regular waffles.)
2 beaten egg whites
Approx 2 oz of water
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
Optional: Herbs (I add in thyme or rosemary to the chicken soup. I add italian herbs like basil, oregano to the lemon pudding)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Except for the water, mix all other ingredients.
4. Add water a little at a time. The batter should not be runny at all...very thick. I have found adding too much water may make the waffles too thin and be "just crust with air in the middle". So use just 2oz the first time you make this, then you can add a little more later if desired.
5. Spoon into waffle iron. This will puff up a lot, so be sure you don't have too much on or it will run off the sides.
6. Cook for 3-5 min (depending on your iron.)

And it is from Ideal Protein - Lohja, Finland Facebook page

Shero, temp work can be hard. I'm sorry it is making you feel bad. My last job was draining and it was hard to get up and go everyday. Can you talk to the temp agency about finding another position while keeping the one you have?

megoune, I love to walk and mall walking is a great way to get your exercise in!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #293  

Verdict of waffle bread, very good. I added 1/2tbs of flax seed and used a whole egg. Added water until it was just fluid enough to spread in the waffle iron, maybe an ounce or so? I used cream of chicken soup and even plain before I added the laughing cow swiss and little bits of ham it was good!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #294  

Default First Day DONE

OMG, today was hard. So got up at 7:00AM to get our six year old off to school, and the first day of being on the plan. Luckily our four month old baby girl decided to sleep till 7:30AM, so was able to eat cereal and have mocha shake. Well the HARD part came after dropping of son, and having daughters four month check up at 9:40AM, so figured, ok, I'll be able to survive to get AM snack by 10:30AM or so, but we wound up at doctors little later than we expected, and didn't get home till almost 1:00PM, then had to feed her, then was finally able to eat my AM Snack, LOL, so have stayed on plan all day, even while getting some errands done in Target, and just now got done with my evening snack EVERYTHING has tasted great. Tomorrow, WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE and picked up new pedometer for walking.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Thanks Finny! That bread sounds good. I look forward to trying the recipe.

Meguone: Congratulations on a successful first day, in spite of a hectic schedule.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #296  

REKP: thank you, it was totally nuts.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #297  

Great job on your day, megoune!

REKP you're welcome! I made it again today, using pea soup mix, forgot to add the flax and using an egg white. It wasn't as crispy as yesterday's, but it was still good!

I had to buy new shorts today, mine were falling off!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #298  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Hi all!!

Back at it after the staycation...I knew I would be up (3lbs) despite all the physical labor of installing 500 feet of fence. It definitely didn't undo the couple dinners and one lunch out.

But its okay--I hopped on the scale a little early and its already dropping back off...the next 4 weeks should be stellar as far as staying on plan goes as my DH is away for training and the 'kids' (18 & 25) are a little more food adventerous and don't mind eating my "lean & green" for dinner.

Softball practice starts this week, I ordered my new running shoes, downloaded C25K to the ipod, and decided to start GSP Rushfit. So back on plan and some good exercise is my attack the fat plan Oh yeah---and I ordered another month of food with the coupon...brought it down to $222. Yay!

Finny--isn't it great to go and buy new clothes for that reason?? I am not a big shopper but am looking forward to buying a smaller size. Congrats!!

Last edited by Jaelini; 04-18-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #299  

Default Newbie Here!

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to say hi and to see if I can start butting my way in to the conversation sometimes. I have been a lurker for about a month and am ordering WS today. I have been back and forth about Medifast or WS and I think I am making the right choice as long as I modify the starches a little more. I have PCOS and keeping the carbs low makes a huge difference for me.

I will go back and read a lot of threads for advice but a quick one. How did you get the food for $222? I can't find enough coupons to bring it down that low. I want to order on Diet Direct today but would love the lowest price possible.

Also, my husband is going to do it with me and neither of us like or drink coffee. Does anyone that does not drink coffee like those shakes?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Hey Ladies! I'm almost one month in and last week I started excercising. I worked out 3 days last week for 90mins.

I only lost 1.8 lbs last week. I'm so close to 20lbs that I can taste it(less than 1 pound). I just realized TOM was coming to visit. I don't know if that has anything to do with the low number of pounds loss. I stayed on plan and didn't have more than 1100-1200 calories a day.

Should I have more than 1200 calories on days that I workout?
Closed Thread