Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

Wow Finney Congrats on the weight loss!

I got really motivated today and cranked up the music and started cleaning out my laundry room. Putting all of the food in order on the shelves (after I cleared the space) and it just kept going onto the kitchen and my bedroom.
Now looking forward to a nice quiet evening sitting out on the deck.
Then it is back to work for a week along with classes at work.
Hopefully I will be too busy to think about food much.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks SallyP, I'm sure it won't be this big every week, but it was very nice to see all the same.

Sitting outside sounds wonderful. We had a short and glorious taste of spring, but we are back to cold and dreary late March weather!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Hello

Finny: Congratulations! What a great loss for the week! Sounds like a wonderful meal to celebrate as well.

Sally Pineapple: Wow... you got lots of exercise today! Congratulations on your accomplishments, and also getting that water in.

I've been hungry all day today! That's pretty unusual for me. I think it may have just been stress hunger, I'm trying to get our taxes organized etc. Tomorrow will be better...

Hope everyone has a good night!

Rose
Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 209/198/155

Height: 5.7

Finney - 7 pounds..WOW! Congratulations.

Sally Pineapple - you seem to have the water thing down. I struggled yesterday but I think I got it all in by the end of the day.

I did really good until I got home yesterday. The time right before dinner is my danger zone. I was making baked chicken and I had a couple cold shrimp to hold me off. I checked the protein and the shrimp was HIGH with no carbs so I hope that was ok. After I ate the chicken I was fine. I think I will need to keep a shake or something handy around that time to fend off the hunger.

REKP - tax season does suck! I already did mine and gotta love Maryland with there ridiculous tax rates.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

Yes I think that I have my water down now.
At work we get all the soda and juice we want to drink and I pass them all up now for a glass of ice water lol.

Problem is I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom instead of getting a good sleep.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #201  

Default Week 4 weight loss challenge

Bummer....only lost one pound this week. Nine this month, total.
While I'm not thrilled with the one pound loss, I'm happy with the nine for the month. It has sure slowed down since December, but I know I wouldn't have lost without sticking to it.
Everyone that is still interested in the challenge, please post your losses. (Either weekly or monthly)
Thanks so much! Have a great, on plan, day!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #202  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Hey there family! :-) Sounds like yall have been burning the lbs away - fantastic!!! What are some of thie things you guys are doing for exercise? For those doing nutrisystem and mixing it in with WS or other things - do you find you are extra gassy? haha I tried Nutrisystem years ago and I was losing weight but couldn't stand feeling bloated and gassy 24/7 while on it. So I gave it up. I have enough bloating and gas issues dedaling with food intolerances I'm still trying to get a handle on lol..I don't need any help there! :-P

My weight has been bouncing around this week. I feel like my last weigh in wasn't a true reflection so I've changed it to 229 since it's been bouncing around here...and I'll go from here :-). I've been doing a lot of mountain biking. Thursday I went for a 7.39 mile ride with my guy, it was our furthest ride yet. I can't believe I never got a bike sooner! It's SO easy to get in an awesome cardio workout and work my legs at the same time and I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to work out. I'm even up super early on a Saturday when I usually like to sleep in because we are going to Pocahantas State Park today to check out the bike trails they have there and I couldn't sleep! haha. We also went out to eat lastnight, and I wasn't barely able to eat half the food I normally would have so my stomach has definitely shrunk down which is an awesome NS victory for me. It helps keep me from over eating and stress eating because when I do eat too much my tummy tightens up and I start getting a stomach ache. Talk about a great deterrent! :-) Once I get to around 170 or so I think I ma gonna start doing P90X or Insanity again to start toning up and make sure my skin doesn't get flabby. I'll be losing around 100 lbs total so I'm sure saggy skin is something I may have to combat...gotta be ready!

I hope everyone has a super amazing on plan day!! xo
Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny321 View Post

I started Synthroid today, hopefully I will start feeling better with my very sluggish thyroid being treated.

Finny, I wanted to ask: do you know the cause of your hypothyroidism? I have Hashimoto's myself. It took me 6 years to get a hypo Dx and another 3 to find out I had an autoimmune disorder -_-. My TPO antibodies were around 275 and normal is under 34. Has your hair fallen out or is your skin SUPER itchy? I always wonder how people are affected by it as I had SO many symptoms for years but no Dr listened to me. Even in high school before I got fat from it my face was very puffy which is classic hypothyroid. I look at some of my high school pics and I like wow, if you judged by how round and puffy my face and eyes were you woulda thought I was very heavy set even though I was like a size 5/6.

I haven't been on levothyroxine in awhile..I should probably get back on it, but I've been taking natural supplements which make me feel better than levo did. Not sure what my levels are but I know I have more energy. :-) It's good you were able to get a Dx...so many go without even knowing and the thyroid is a very precious gland that's in charge of SO much in your body, people just don't realize. I hope you start feeling better! It will take 6-8 weeks though... so don't expect miracles. I never noticed a diference sadly when my TCH was in the normal ranges.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #203  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Height: 5'5

Hi All--

Well, after week one on the program, I am happy to report a 5lb drop!! I am really excited to see what next week holds simply because this weigh-in coincided with my t.o.m. which historically is a 3-5lb gain.

I did fudge a little here and there--not really intentionally, I just didn't really read the plan. I should probably do that This new week also is the implementation of working out again...softball season starts soon and I wan to be more ready that I have ever been...I have P90X, and I did do that for awhile, but since it has been so long, I'll start with the Power90 for a month or 2 to get read for the P90X.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #204  

Sara, I don't know the cause, yet. My Mom is hypothyroid too. I have had most of the symptoms for about 10 years. I came down with mono in my early 30s. It went into an immune disorder and I was really sick for quite a few years. During this time, I had heavier than usual periods, sinus and face puffiness, dry skin on legs and arms (and yes very itchy), dry hair with hair loss, weight was next to impossible to take off, fatigue. I ended up with a hysterectomy(which I am happy about either way), getting allergy injections, taking loads of iron for anemia, being told the itch was contact dermititis. Told I was depressed and given antidepressants. That is the problem with thyroid, so many of the symptoms can be due to other things. The treatments did nothing for my symptoms. Well, the hysterectomy took care of that issue! And my tsh levels were always just in the healthy range(my Dr uses the old ranges).

This time when they checked it my numbers were way off, so finally the hypo diagnosis. I think my thyroid has been going the whole time. When I go in for the six week check up I am going to ask about having the test run for hashimoto's/other immune disorders. From what I've read it is a classic pattern, the fluctuating levels, sometimes feeling a bit better, sometimes feeling really awful.

As for the gas, maybe Beano? Or do the products have sugar alcohols in them? Those really bother me a lot.

For exercise, I walk. Everyday. In the winter I use my treadmill on really bad days or go out wearing yak tracks. I live in the mountains and I have several routes that are really challenging. When I get down in the 180 and under range I jog 2 1/2 to 3 miles - three times a week. I try to do yoga everyday, but I have been lax. I'm going to add in some weight work too.

Jaelini, great job! Up thread I posted the basics of the Wonderslim Plan for women if it helps. It is the way I broke it down for my sanity in figuring out what to eat!

REKP, that is one pound closer to goal, 9lbs in a month is great!! What is the challenge?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #205  

Default Good Morning

Jaelini: Congratulations on your loss! 5 pounds is awesome! Keep up the good work.
Ms. Sara: So glad you stopped by! I love to read your posts. Your mountain biking regime sounds fun! Especially with the beautiful weather we're having. My exercise is the exercise bike transcontinental ride....4063 miles. I started it last May and am on track to finish by July 4 at the latest. It was getting a little boring for me, so we moved the bike to the living room (not great home decor but I can watch some of the shows I like on Netflix. It makes the miles go faster.
Finny321: You are probably going to notice a good increase in your energy when you body gets adjusted to having the Synthroid in it!
The 8 week weigh loss challenge was just an idea to keep me more motivated. Started March 1 and will end May 6. If you're interested, just keep track of your weight loss during that period and post progress. It helps me with a little motivation to think I'm challenging myself.
Hello to everyone else. Hope all of us have a good, on plan, week!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #206  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Height: 5'5

Finny: I saw that after I had a)posted and b) read the book....I did print it though-a lot less pages than the book and I can post it where I can see it readily enough. Thanks a bunch!

REKP: Thanks...I am hoping the addition of some exercise will boost it a little too!

Y'all have a great Sunday & rest of your week!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #207  

REKP, I love this idea, exercise bike transcontinental ride! My husband and I do something similar, we track our walks for The Eowyn Challenge. I'm not sure where we are right now though, he keeps track for us. We are doing Bag End to Rivendell. Yes, we are huge geeks.

Thanks for the info on the challenge. I'm in!

I hope the Synthroid helps, I'm really sick of feeling sick.

You are very welcome Jaelini! I hope it helps, I know it made it easier for me.

Last edited by Finny321; 04-01-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #208  

Hi everyone,
It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I've started on the Wonderslim products and I just wanted to check in with everyone so you don't think I've quit since starting your challenge. I know if I see someone start a plan and then never post again I tend to think either the plan doesn't work or that the person quit. That's not the case. This plan works! I've lost 17.5 pounds in three weeks. This is by far the easiest diet plan I've ever followed and I've tried just about everything.

I think it's the ease of always being able to grab something and go. Plus I've been able to eat out many times. If I were to guess I've probably eaten out 9 times or more in the past 3 weeks. I just make healthy choices and watch portion control.

For any newbies like me I found that I don't have to live on shakes to lose. I'm not a shake person and usually only drink one or two per day. I usually have one bag of chips per day(Not WS brand), one bar, one entree, one hot chocolate (In my coffee at breakfast), one dry cereal or pancakes, one or two shakes, and if I don't have two shakes I'll have chocolate crunchies or a cookie (Not WS brand), then my lean and green. Some days I only eat six supplemental meals if I think my entree or lean and green went a little higher in calories. So easy!! Also, I think it makes a huge difference in taste if you prepare your entrees on the stove then reheat later in the microwave. From time to time I add in a quarter cup of canned fire roasted tomatoes and/ or a 25 cal. slice of fat free cheese to my entrees. This bulks up the small portion a bit and adds tons of flavor.

I wanted to thank all of you who post regularly. It is an inspiration to get on and read of your successes and even your struggles. It definitely let's me know I'm not alone in this. I will try to make time to post more regularly.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #209  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hello!

I'm ramping up the studying since my test is approaching soon, but I wanted to let you all know that I lost 5.2 lbs this week, and that's despite TOM.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #210  

Default Congratulations!

Lindsey and Julie Rae: Congratulations on your losses! That's great!
So glad you both came back to let us know how you're doing, I love to hear from all my Wonderslim Friends!
Finny 321...I've tried to post the link for my exercise bike ride several times and it gets deleted, let me try this... exercise (dot) LBL (dot) gov. Such a healthy site but apparently it sets off some kind of a spam filter. haha. I think I may try the Natchez trace (virtually) next. I always need something to look forward to.

Have a great Palm Sunday everyone!
Closed Thread