Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

I found it REKP, thanks for the link! Looks really interesting. I need something for my solo walks, I'm going to look around and see what is there. The Eowyn Walk is fun for us as a couple because we are huge Lord of the Ring fans.

Great losses Lindsey and Julie Rae! And good luck on your test Lindsey!

And I don't know if anyone has already discovered this, but, I didn't eat one of my puddings yesterday. I just had it now and after sitting for 24 hours it was delicious, it was creamy and like store bought pudding cups, no chalkiness like right after it is mixed up!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 209/198/155

Height: 5.7

First weekend doing WS and it went well. I have tried a bunch of the shakes/food and am boxing up and exchanging the ones I don't like. This is a great option since I did not care for any of the smoothies.

I did good too! Kinda proud of how on plan I stayed all weekend. The one thing that I find myself doing is substituting the lunch WS entree with something else. I ate some shrimp or tuna instead since they seem to be in line with the protein. Do you think this is ok? I usually have some salad with the tuna or eat the shrimp w/o cocktail sauce. Dinner has been chicken and salad or a turkey burger.

I sneaked a peek at the scale and the results are looking great so far. I need to stop doing this but its SO tempting. I haven't exercised yet though I played basketball with my kids in the driveway (I think that should count!). My official weekly weigh in is Thursday so here's hoping for a BIG loss!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Hi Everyone

Macilly: Great job staying on program all weekend. I think everyone has some "tweaks" they make to the program to make it fit their lifestyle. If you are wanting some real protein for lunch and are losing weight, girl...go for it!
This is a long haul for most of us, so anything that makes it more lifestyle friendly may help keep us on the program.
We went out to dinner last night, I had more than 2 cups of green vegetables with my salad (getting really good at eying portions) with grilled steak. It was great. Do I feel bad that my vegetable portion was oversize? No, not a bit! I still made the healthiest choice of food on the menu.
Let us know your good results for the week on official weigh day!
Rose
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

I have struggled all of March so it it a no loss month for me. I am determined to get back on it this month. Today was a good start. I'm a little jealous of you guys that are doing good. But I can blame noone but myself. You all are doing so good. I am hoping to report the same in the near future.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #215  

It is always easier on any diet in the beginning Shero! You've been doing the diet longer, and you are doing great. You know why last month was bad, and you can work on changing those things this month, right?

I had a good night, my youngest wanted cookies. He can bake them, but I make the dough for him. Dough is my kryptonite. I love it. But, I made my shake (WS Strawberry mixed with a tbs of Peanut Butter, in honor of national peanut butter and jelly day), and drank it while making the dough instead of taste testing half the batch.

Orientation at my new CNA job tomorrow! I'm really excited! Not sure what I am going to bring to eat. I better go pack my food and get to bed.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #216  

Default Good Morning

Shero: Sorry March wasn't good for you. April is a new month and a new opportunity to move toward where you want to be. You can do it...we all can.
If there is anything I can say or do to help, message me!
Finny321: Hope your first day in your new job goes well! Great job resisting the pull of the cookie dough.
Hope everyone has a good, on plan, day!
Rose
Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 315/294.6/180

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone...still here reading the boards and sticking to WS as best I can. Finally feeling better after a horrible crohns flare. I've had a large gain from the prednisone steroids which are finally tapering off and will be done Saturday! What a great drug when you're sick, but a horrible side effect of weight gain! Going to wait until Saturday to check my weight and adjust my ticker. No need to get bent out of shape about it right now - just doing the best I can with what I have.
Finally sent off my exchange box and can't wait to get in some different options to try out. The bariwise bars have to be my favorite of everything. For the same price as the WS bars (and same nutrition) I get something I crave in the evenings. For the exchanges however, I had to stick to WS foods so I'm trying out different bars of theirs, shakes, and some of the snacks.
Looking forward to May 8 when I will be out of the school for the summer! Shortest year of testing children I've had in 10 years! Seems to me like it will be easier to stick to my guns about WS without being in the office with tempting foods and having to eat out with the staff. Keep up the great work everyone - I'm still following along!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 209/198/155

Height: 5.7

I have found myself weirdly craving the shakes. I thought I would get sick of them quickly but instead I am looking forward to them.

Hey - how did you guys put the weight ticker at the bottom of your posts? I see some lines and some images (1 for each 5 pds..etc). I want to do that too but can't figure it out.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #219  

Macilly, I think we have to be here 20 days, and have at least 20 posts before we get signatures at the bottom of our posts?

Leaving soon for orientation. I mixed up two shakes as pudding and packed a bar. That should keep me until I get home!! Thanks for the well wishes REKP!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #220  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny321 View Post
Sara, I don't know the cause, yet. My Mom is hypothyroid too. I have had most of the symptoms for about 10 years. I came down with mono in my early 30s. It went into an immune disorder and I was really sick for quite a few years. During this time, I had heavier than usual periods, sinus and face puffiness, dry skin on legs and arms (and yes very itchy), dry hair with hair loss, weight was next to impossible to take off, fatigue. I ended up with a hysterectomy(which I am happy about either way), getting allergy injections, taking loads of iron for anemia, being told the itch was contact dermititis. Told I was depressed and given antidepressants. That is the problem with thyroid, so many of the symptoms can be due to other things. The treatments did nothing for my symptoms. Well, the hysterectomy took care of that issue! And my tsh levels were always just in the healthy range(my Dr uses the old ranges).

This time when they checked it my numbers were way off, so finally the hypo diagnosis. I think my thyroid has been going the whole time. When I go in for the six week check up I am going to ask about having the test run for hashimoto's/other immune disorders. From what I've read it is a classic pattern, the fluctuating levels, sometimes feeling a bit better, sometimes feeling really awful.

As for the gas, maybe Beano? Or do the products have sugar alcohols in them? Those really bother me a lot.

For exercise, I walk. Everyday. In the winter I use my treadmill on really bad days or go out wearing yak tracks. I live in the mountains and I have several routes that are really challenging. When I get down in the 180 and under range I jog 2 1/2 to 3 miles - three times a week. I try to do yoga everyday, but I have been lax. I'm going to add in some weight work too.

Jaelini, great job! Up thread I posted the basics of the Wonderslim Plan for women if it helps. It is the way I broke it down for my sanity in figuring out what to eat!

REKP, that is one pound closer to goal, 9lbs in a month is great!! What is the challenge?
The fluctuating levels are indeedd a tell tale sign of the autoimmune form of hypothyroidism. I've bounced around so much that it's hard for me to stay on a steady dose of levothyroxine because I'll be fine for a f ew weeks then i get heart palpitations because the dose is too much because my thyroid decided to sputter out a lil more of it's own hormone than it usually does. It can be very hard to deal with, but hang in there. :-) It sounds like you are doing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shero View Post
I have struggled all of March so it it a no loss month for me. I am determined to get back on it this month. Today was a good start. I'm a little jealous of you guys that are doing good. But I can blame noone but myself. You all are doing so good. I am hoping to report the same in the near future.
Find your reason and make it a good one. If your only reason is vanity it won't stick enough for you to make it to goal. Maybe it's so you have more energy to paly with your kids? Maybe you need to get off some medications? Want to be healthier and live longer? Whatever it is, it has to be bigger than just you because when you make it about more than that you will have more drive to stick with it. Don't give up on yourself :-). You can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
Hello!

I'm ramping up the studying since my test is approaching soon, but I wanted to let you all know that I lost 5.2 lbs this week, and that's despite TOM.
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieRae View Post
Hi everyone,
It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I've started on the Wonderslim products and I just wanted to check in with everyone so you don't think I've quit since starting your challenge. I know if I see someone start a plan and then never post again I tend to think either the plan doesn't work or that the person quit. That's not the case. This plan works! I've lost 17.5 pounds in three weeks. This is by far the easiest diet plan I've ever followed and I've tried just about everything.
That's fantastic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKP View Post
Ms. Sara: So glad you stopped by! I love to read your posts. Your mountain biking regime sounds fun! Especially with the beautiful weather we're having. My exercise is the exercise bike transcontinental ride....4063 miles. I started it last May and am on track to finish by July 4 at the latest. It was getting a little boring for me, so we moved the bike to the living room (not great home decor but I can watch some of the shows I like on Netflix. It makes the miles go faster.
I'm up to 52 miles now since March 11th. I am loving getting out and getting fresh air and pedaling away the lbs :-). I would do the same thing with an indoor bike...put it near a TV and watch a movie or something while going along haha. Would make it easier since there isn't much for scenery inside. I don't really have any goals for myself yet for mileage, but I do want to participate in a bike race that isn't completely focused on time but instead just distance. I'm finding all kinds of family fun bike events that I didn't even know the Richmond area had. You find out a lot of outdoor events when you start going to recreational type store like for running or biking etc..
Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #221  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! I lost another 1.8 lbs for good when I weighed this morning. It only shows as 1 lb on my ticker cuz I can't get tenths of lbs to show on there :-P. Feels good!

I'm off to work, but wanted to wish everyone a super awesome on plan day!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #222  

Default Congratulations!

Ms. Sara:
Congratulations on your loss! Attagirl! Keep us posted, you're doing great.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #223  

I had a good day yesterday. Orientation was great, I have a few more things to do before I can start working still, but almost to the finish line.

I kept on plan even though I was out most of the day! I snuck a peak at the scale, but it was still wavering around 1lb for the week. I can honestly say I don't care, as long as the scale goes down that is good news to me! After last weeks 7lb drop that would be 8lbs for two weeks!

Congrats Ms Sara!!!

Last edited by Finny321; 04-04-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone! This is my first day here I've been on WS offically 1 week but started about 5 days before on other shakes. I have never been a diet person thank goodness the food is good. I started at 291 lbs i'm currently at 275 my first mini goal is 250 by my birthday in July which I may have to adjust if I have another week like last week.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #225  

Great job, Meka!! Welcome!
Closed Thread