Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #121  

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKP View Post
Shannoni: I don't think the timing is as important as getting all the food in. It's set up on to be around 1000-1200 calories a day, so missing a couple hundred calories could possibly slow your weight loss. There was a big discussion here about that a month or so ago. I just make sure I get in around the thousand calories a day. Double up on the packets of food when you are having a meal if you think you'll be behind by the end of the day.

It's so beautiful here in KY. Everything is getting green, our forsythias are starting to bud. I love spring! It's been a really mild winter here, but spring seems like such a time of renewal.

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day.

How are you doing Speedofsound, Shero, ExTex, Ms. Sara? Missing your posts!
Ok i ate all the meals today I cant not weight my self every morning. i am way too excited to get into 150s. I was at 148 for about 4 yrs and then one summer i went to 168. so i never got to see my 150s

day 3 was a very big success. I have not yet felt hungry or had any headaches yet.

Its was very nice here today in HI. But its usually like this any way. I got 2 ppl telling me my face looks skinnier it made me very happy.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shero View Post
Hi guys:

I am lurking. I have been obsessed with getting a new puppy. I knew Teena was getting older and had always had the thought of a new one after she had left us. I know it hasnt been very long since Teena went. I have missed her terrible. I have learned so much from this process. A. There are so many dishonest people out there that you could become very jaded against them. My niece got taken for $600 for shipping a puppy that she never got. Bad for her-good for me-cause as varnable (SP) as I was when I first started looking for a puppy it could have very easily been me. It shocks you when you search someones name and find fraud alerts. But I have found a new puppy 3 hours away from here and cash for puppy. I am so jaded at the rescue organizations. That is really what I wanted to do but found it to invasive. That is why more animals arent adopted. If having a 13 year old yorkie from a puppy, and a seven year old should be enough to prove I am a responsible pet owner..... Home visits, making sure the dogs get along-I think is bull. Gidget is a very timid girl so when you go to pick her up she crowers-I think if you were a five pound dog in such a big world you would crower to. I could go on and on about this experience but this a weight loss sight. I guess if any of you want to be friends on facebook let me know.

Toy-hun I am so sorry that things are so ruff for you. Are you a Christian?
Thanks for the condolences-it was ruff finding Teena gone. I just wanted one more summer. The CHF was fast. I thought she had rebounded from the pnemonia well. Even though the vet had warned me that her heart was very enlarged. We had just started her on heart med's so I will always wonder if the medicine killed her.

Well the new puppy's name will be Spring. I am still trying to figure out a middle name. All suggestions welcome. Yorkie owners I have a quiz for you. There are two reasons I am naming her Spring-one is the season, what is the other reason.

I am up for the 8 week challenge I need it. I havent kept track of my calories or been diligent with the Wonderslim program. No scale for me. So I weigh very soon and May 1st the challenge is over........REKP-you are great for making this suggestion. If I weigh next Friday it will just be a 7 week challenge right..... REKP-you are my inspiration. Oneville in 4 months....ok the truth-I little jealous LOL...... I remember when I was at 209----I felt good then being able to wear clothes that looked nice.

Hoping and praying that I will meet you in oneville one day........
Shero I am so excited for u getting a puppy. I have 2 puppies right now. One is mine and he is 9 months old. He is Visla and very sweet. The other one is a 6 months old terrier mix that i am fostering for the shelter. He is adorable and very sweet. But its way too much work to take care of 2 puppies at once. so i am not gonna keep the little one. My Visla's name is Mac Nut (macadamia Nut) and the little baby is Lucky ( cause he got ran over by the car twice and is still healthy ). I love the name Spring . Its a beautiful name
Old 03-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Week 1 weight loss challenge

Hi everyone:
I apparently had a better week than I expected, lost 3 pounds (PTL!) Now have a tiny bit of breathing room between the 196 and 200 that I never want to see again.
Shero: You can do this! I'm looking forward to sending you my size 18 and 16 jeans.
Shannoni: How are you doing? Hope your first weigh in is great. I anticipate you won't spend much time in the 150's this time either, as you speed toward the 140's.
Hello to everyone else. Hope we all have a great, on plan, week ahead!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #124  

Quote:
Hi everyone:
I apparently had a better week than I expected, lost 3 pounds (PTL!) Now have a tiny bit of breathing room between the 196 and 200 that I never want to see again.
Shero: You can do this! I'm looking forward to sending you my size 18 and 16 jeans.
Shannoni: How are you doing? Hope your first weigh in is great. I anticipate you won't spend much time in the 150's this time either, as you speed toward the 140's.
Hello to everyone else. Hope we all have a great, on plan, week ahead!
Woooow Congratssssss... 3 pounds is greatttt... I am sooooooo proud of you.. )) this diet is by far the funnest and easiest diet ever. The only hard part is i work in an Indian resturant and they r used to making me all kinds of goodies that i die for. And even though i told them to not make it any more since i am on a diet, they thinks its a challange of how soon they can tempt me to eat their food. Its not cool :-/

I've been weighing my self every day since i started ( i am very bad with patience and waiting and all) so far (day 5) i am down to 159.2 (started from 163 ) Soooooo exciting
Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Well Guys-

Spring Rose is now in her new home and she is an awesome puppy. She is a little young so I am spending extra time with her. She loves to lay on my chest and go to sleep after a period of intense play. The trip was great. Gidget wants nothing to do with her. So far.

Well yesterday morning I had a great surprise. I weighed myself for the 8 week challenge, I was fully ready to accept a gain. I expected a gain. February was a struggle. Then in March I dealt with Teena's death. I think I have liked a 2 lb loss for the first time in along time. I weighed in at 247.2#. That is a 20# loss since January 1st. I could have jumped for joy.

Now here comes the challenge I am more than excited.

Rose my puppy has your name as a middle name. I didnt know what it was going to be until my niece suggested Rose. Spring Rose. What a beautiful name.

Last edited by Shero; 03-10-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #126  

Default Spring Rose

Shero: AHHHH...that is the cutest puppy I've seen in a long time! I'm so glad you have her. Congratulations on your weight loss. 20 pounds is a lot of weight! So glad you had lost!
Shannoni: Sounds like you're off to a great start on your diet. Don't let those co-workers sabotage you... Isn't it amazing how friends and family wants to feed you :-)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #127  

Hi Ladies,
Back on plan again. Day 1! Holidays are over....

Anyhow, looking forward to a fabulous week. Have lots of catching up to do!

Last edited by sassyh; 03-11-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 315/294.6/180

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! So, I just ordered a 4 week supply and can't wait to get started. I'm 31 and was just diagnosed with stage 4 OA of the knee/hip. I already need a replacement, but am too young so have been basically sentenced to dealing with it until I'm at least 40. I can't go up and down stairs unless using my right leg and am already walking with a cane to work my job. On top of this, I have severe Crohns disease that has been in remission since I take 6 week infusions to treat it. I say all of that, to say that this is my last resort. I've tried every diet out there and this one really appealed to me. Due to my severe health issues, I have to get this weight off and exercise is going to be an issue with me.

I'm starting tomorrow even though I don't have any food or materials. I bought some lower sugar oatmeal, ETA shakes, atkins bars, and some lipton cup of soup. As well as lots of water. I figured I would start even though I don't have the materials to get used to the program. I look forward to getting everything and getting to know some of you!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #129  

Default Good Morning everyone

Welcome to Airen08 and welcome back Sassyh.
Airen08: So sorry to hear about your medical problems. Bless your heart! It has to be disheartening to be in pain when you move. I had a torn meniscus in my knee 3 years ago and had to quit walking on my treadmill. The pounds packed on. You are so smart for starting this diet to keep that from happening to compound the problem. Post often...I look forward to seeing your weight loss when you get started on the plan!
You are in such a pretty area...I love Pikeville, did a lot of work there and in Ashland KY 2 years ago. Fell in love with the area and the people I worked with there. I'm kinda in south western Ky, 40 miles north of Nashville, Tn. We're all flat land and farming here.
Sassyh: So glad you're back! How have you been?
A few of us are doing an 8 week challenge if you want to join us. We are just going to post the losses between now and May 7. I'm going to try to keep track of them. No prizes, just satisfaction that those pounds are gone for good. It was surprising how many times I thought about that last week when my mind was telling me I was hungry, but my stomach knew it wasn't :-)
The lilac bush outside my office window is in full bud this morning...Poor thing, if it blooms in March it will probably freeze. This has been the mildest winter we have ever spent here. (Been here for almost 7 years, but spent 3 of those winters working in Arizona.) Our yard already needs mowing...my husband is trying to wait it out until April. All the neighbors have already mowed. Peer pressure will get him :-) Birds are singing...it's just a great day to be alive.
Hope everyone has a good, on plan, day.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airen08 View Post
Hi everyone! So, I just ordered a 4 week supply and can't wait to get started. I'm 31 and was just diagnosed with stage 4 OA of the knee/hip. I already need a replacement, but am too young so have been basically sentenced to dealing with it until I'm at least 40. I can't go up and down stairs unless using my right leg and am already walking with a cane to work my job. On top of this, I have severe Crohns disease that has been in remission since I take 6 week infusions to treat it. I say all of that, to say that this is my last resort. I've tried every diet out there and this one really appealed to me. Due to my severe health issues, I have to get this weight off and exercise is going to be an issue with me.

I'm starting tomorrow even though I don't have any food or materials. I bought some lower sugar oatmeal, ETA shakes, atkins bars, and some lipton cup of soup. As well as lots of water. I figured I would start even though I don't have the materials to get used to the program. I look forward to getting everything and getting to know some of you!
Hey Airen, Welcome. Sorry for all the problems ur having but the good news is this is by far the best diet ever!!!! I've never followed a diet longer than 3 or so day. Tomorrow is gonna be a wk ive been on this diet and its so easy and i havent felt hungry yet im about 5 lbs down so far.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #131  

Quote:
Shero: AHHHH...that is the cutest puppy I've seen in a long time! I'm so glad you have her. Congratulations on your weight loss. 20 pounds is a lot of weight! So glad you had lost!
Shannoni: Sounds like you're off to a great start on your diet. Don't let those co-workers sabotage you... Isn't it amazing how friends and family wants to feed you :-)
Ya im doing pretty good. Yesterday i was working the buffett shift in the restaurant and that was hard. So i had a little bit of their food instead of my lunch and one of the shakes. And i think it worked cause i lost .8lbs since yesterday
Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #132  

Default Good Morning

Hello Everyone!
I've had a cold since Monday and nothing tastes right...you would think that would keep me from eating, right? Oh No, I keep trying things to see if it might taste normal or good. Bummer that I'm feeling sick, and fear I'm not going to lose any weight this week. Hope everyone is having a better week than I am. I missed 2 days of my exercise bike ride, so am 20 miles behind. Did 2 miles while ago and it was a struggle to even do those. I'll get those miles caught up, just not sure when it's going to happen.
Wonder how many carbs Daytime, Nitetime and cough drops have? :-)
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #133  

Hi Everyone! Just got my package of food in this morning. I had already eaten Quaker Low Sugar Oatmeal for breakfast and then decided to try a bar in between breakfast and lunch. Wow! I tried the caramel butter pecan bar and it was so good! Finished a bottle of water with it. I am down 3 lbs since Monday which was when I started on my own without food. Now that I'm stocked up, I'm ready to go!

REKP - I actually went to school at WKU for 4 years for my undergrad and then 2 years online for my masters. Loved it down there - absolutely beautiful, but I sure missed my mountain home. I'm with you on the sickness - had to get a steroid pack to get rid of my 4 week cough, sore throat, laryngitis, and ear infections. So happy to be feeling better! Hope you're on the mend soon!

Shannoni - Girl, I don't know how you do it working in a restaurant!! Stay strong!
I look forward to trying more things from my boxes and letting you know how they are! Have a great day all!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #134  

Ok - couldn't wait to post again...I'm really excited. I tried Medifast years ago and was so turned off by the food that I couldn't even finish a whole week.
For lunch, I made the spicy Mac and Cheese. Wow...so good, but I had to watch out for the bubbling over in the microwave! I'll learn next time. And then, just now I made the Mocha Cream Shake in the little shaker they give you with some crushed ice. Again...so good! I could tell it was going to be good when the smell from the powder was like jello pudding powder. I'm so happy to have already found good tasting options! I figure there will probably be a few (oatmeal, soups) that I don't care for, but I at least know this is tollerable and actually keeps me going!

Last edited by Airen08; 03-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #135  

Airen8:
I'm so glad you're enjoying the food so far. I have to agree about the butter pecan bars. I'm not a big fan of chocolate and I LOVE those things. There hasn't actually been anything I absolutely wouldn't eat...although I did convince my husband he needed to help me get rid of the chocolate shakes I fix the mac and cheese on the stove top. I think it makes it taste better and doesn't boil over. I've found the soups do better to mix them with about an ounce or two of cold water, kinda make into a paste, then add the hot water or, as I usually do, fill the cup on up with cold water then heat in the microwave.
So you're an alumni Hilltopper! Are you also a UK fan? We bleed blue in this household :-) I just wish both teams could have progressed in the tournament without meeting each other so soon.
Here's to your continued success on the plan!
Rose
Closed Thread