Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Welcome Meka! That's great results for two weeks! Congratulations on the loss.

Today is a milestone day for me. I turned 58 today....and also retired. My husband and I had been working toward this for several months and decided today would be the day. It's going to be great not to have to travel for work anymore, which did horrible things to my diet. It's going to be nice to have unlimited time each day for my exercise bike ride. It's going to be nice to even be able to order food or supplies for the diet without having to keep an eye on the calendar as to whether we would be home for delivery. I'm just overjoyed and so very Thankful to God that we're able to do this.

Ms. Sara...I just re-read your post and am especially taken with something I missed when I read it earlier. I love your "for good" statement. That's what I want more than anything for all of us on this journey...that each pound lost be gone for good!

Finny: Glad your first day of orientation went well. CNAs are so very important! You guys are awesome and make my (former job a lot easier, especially when I had good ones that would help me keep an eye on my patients I was especially concerned about. I hope you love it and it is a long, satisfying career for you.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks but, I'm hoping it is a short career.

I plan to go to nursing school in the fall. Shooting for my LPN license, then maybe a LPN to RN bridge program. I do love it though, the CNA work is very rewarding! Still waiting on the admissions process for school though.

ETA: I have a box of Pro-Diet Chocolate drink/shake w/fiber from my diet shopz. It isn't my favorite as it doesn't thicken up like the WS. I just turned it into chocolate cake/souffle. I added a packet of sweetener, about 3 oz of water, an egg and 1/2 tsp baking powder; mixed until it was smooth. Cooked in the microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes, stopping the micro every time it started creeping out of the bowl. It isn't really cake, more souffle-ish, and it is so, so, good!!

Last edited by Finny321; 04-05-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I am still here!
What a crazy few days I have had with working and being in training at the same time.
I have been so busy that I missed my am and pm snacks all week and last night I had a total meltdown and ate a Sonic burger, 2 slices of pizza, 3 glasses of wine, 2 beers and I was just sick about weighing in today and knew that I had to have gaiined at least 5 lbs. I decided when I woke up to just get back on track.
So I went to my weigh in and I lost!
Now I need to figure out how to get the ticker so that I can stay encourged to not fall off the wagon.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #229  

Finny: I didn't remember your post about nursing school in the fall when I posted. You're choosing a career that always has work available, and it's a great idea to get some experience/insight into it by starting out as a CNA to make sure it's what you want to do. I was fortunate enough to have had a "Health Occupations" class in high school that let us visit different hospital departments to see if any sparked our interest. Funny to look back, I loved the OR during that time and thought I would always work there. Never spent a day in OR after graduation, but found myself drawn to critical care :-)

Sally Pineapple. Congratulations on your loss, and also picking up, dusting off and getting right back on the program. Hang in there!

Hope everyone has a good, on plan, day!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #230  

Hi! I just finished reading the thread and now I thought I’d introduce myself. I am Melanie, a 46 yo SAHM of 3 boys.
I had done MF and lost 16 pounds but did not like the taste of the product so I recently moved over to WS. I had the mental struggle of whether I was doing the right thing, will this work, etc…and then I found you. Thanks to the person who started the original thread and a big thank you to all who have kept it going!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #231  

That is okay, REKP! I do love CNA work. I wanted to go into nursing after school, but instead married and had children. My sales job was great when they were younger, I made my own hours so I could be here when my husband wasn't. Now that the kids are all growing up and don't need me around as much, it is time for school.

I so wish I had done the LPN program when I was in school. But my guidance counselor wouldn't let me attend BOCES as I was in the "A" group and BOCES wasn't for us. Argh, how I look back and hate that mentality.

Welcome 5ropers!

Last edited by Finny321; 04-05-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Default I think I like the old one better :)

I woke up this morning and opened my new digital scale. The crazy thing says i weigh 12.6 more pounds than my old scale.

Which means if it is correct my original weight was not 291 but 304 and that my current weight is 287.6 not 275.

This is not discouraging me, it's just going to make me work harder to reach my first mini goal of 250.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #233  

Scales can be so frustrating Meka.
I weighed this morning to see if I had finally reached my first goal of 300 and there it was right on the money!
I had been waiting to move that big weight down to the 250 mark that I was so excited. (using a dr beam weight scale in my house),
I moved it to the 250 mark and the little weight to the 50 lb mark and it went straight up. I pushed the weight about an inch or so pass the 50 and it balanced!
That doesn't make any sense to me.
So I just keep telling myself just 5 more lbs and then I can definitely move it to the 250 mark then, and that I am happy because no matter what the weight I am pushing it down and not up.

REKP thanks for the words of encouragement. I felt like such a loser after eating all that food and my friends pointed out I was still eating less food than they were lol
Old 04-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #234  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hey ladies,

Terrible headache over here that's been going on for a couple of days. I thought maybe it was low calories or carbs, so yesterday afternoon I stopped eating Wonderslim foods for the rest of the day and just ate healthy regular foods, ended up at about 1700 calories and that didn't help at all. I went to the doctor today and she seems to think it might just be a bad tension headache and wrote me a couple of prescriptions for something stronger than what I'd been taking, but she ordered some blood work for me as well. I'm just really frustrated because it's getting to be crunch time for the test that I have in about a week and a half and I can't really read, because when I do, my headache just gets worse. Oh, the woes of medical school. I almost wish my blood work would come back that would indicate anemia or hypothyroidism just so that I can get this straightened out once and for all. Thyroid levels in the past have always been fine, though. I'm tired of being tired and feeling crummy!

Food has been okay today. Some regular oatmeal for breakfast and a Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad for lunch with a small frosty. So far that's about 1000 calories for the day. Not bad. I don't have much of an appetite with this headache, but wanted to make sure that I'm not making things worse by not eating enough.

Oh well, better stop typing. Reading/writing makes my headache worse, but I also hate just sitting here feeling lonely and sorry for myself...

Hope all of you ladies are doing well!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #235  

I was down one pound today! Which makes 8lbs lost for the first two weeks.

Sally, I missed your post, but you sound you like you have a handle on it. I would guess a lot of it had to do with missing snacks, I know I was really hungry the day after I missed one of my meals, and it was only one day!

Lindsey, could it be sinus pain, or have you stopped drinking your usual amount of caffeine? I know when I have either of those types of head aches it is next to impossible to get rid of them!

REKP, I was thinking about your post this afternoon, about the emergency room? I thought I wanted to work in hospice, but the more I am in them the more I am drawn to the nursing home setting. There is something about the people and their families, I don't know. I know it is early still as I am just starting a nursing career, who knows where it will lead.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #236  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Finny, nope, I take Nasonex for my allergy problems and have been excess-mucus free! And caffeine intake is stable over here. I just can't figure it out!

So far the first drug the doctor gave me hasn't helped, so I might need to pull out the big guns, which would require a friend giving me a ride to school tomorrow since I haven't taken it before and it has warning labels all over it. O.O
Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #237  

Default Good Morning

Lindsey: I hope the additional medication took care of the headache. It's so hard to study when your head is pounding! I remember from nursing school when my migraine headaches were at their absolute worst. Do you have any history of migraine? Are your eyes ok? (Like a medical student hasn't already run these algorithms.) Anyway, I hope you are feeling better this morning and pain free. We're here, anytime you are feeling tired or lonely, hop on and post. Someone is sure to see it and respond. I think that is the one thing I like most about this board....it certainly is not just about diet, it's really everything that is happening to our group of friends that are dieting.
I also hope that the food isn't causing your headaches. Even if it was, stick around...you're one of us now :-)
Melanie: Welcome!! So glad you joined us! I'm looking forward to seeing your weight loss posts. This diet is effective.
Meka 150. So sorry your new scale is discouraging you. No matter the starting point, look at how much you've lost already! Way to go! 250 is just around the corner!
Sally: You will have that big weight at 250 before you know it, then the little slider will join it! I, personally, hate all scales. I've had such a love, hate relationship with them. Toy and Sheri both (I think) only weigh once a month. I wish I had the discipline to do that. I'm not weighing as often now as I did, but still too much, although Saturday is my official weigh in. I hate that a chunk of metal can bum me out that it's not going down as fast as it should, or egad...going up!
Finny: Congratulations on your pound lost! 8 pounds in 2 weeks is great!!!
You're doing this!

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, or in your case Lindsey a pain free, day!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #238  

I have to say, I have such a battle with my mental self in the afternoon. Always around 3 or 4. I am not physically hungry, I just crave and then the conversation starts and the mental me always wins out. Today I am going to try something different...I am going to go to my bedroom and scream and throw a fit (I don't want to scare my kids). I think it is the tensions of the day coming out in desire for food (former smoker and the cravings feel the same as when I wanted a cig). Something has to give. Next step may be a shock collar.

Wishing everyone a slice of happiness!
~Melanie
Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #239  

Good Morning all.
I got my butt out of bed and did my workout first thing!
I can not get into exercise but this is my new goal for this week.
I have to exercise before I can post. lol
What helps me from eating when I know that I am not really hungry is that I go and brush my teeth. My toothbrush goes for three minutes before it turns off.
In that time I forgot about the food and my dental checkups have been great
Hope everyone has a great day and I will see you all tonight.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #240  

Default LOL @ Melanie

Melanie: That is my danger zone time as well. I usually save some of my exercise bike miles for that time, or try to get involved in a good book or computer game. Sally's toothbrush idea is a good one. I think I'll try that, since the protein seems to make my teeth feel scummy. (Is that a word? Let us know what works for you!

Sally: Great job on the exercise this morning!
Closed Thread